How We Tested
We reached out to the experts of the perfume niche and took every possible step to make sure that we successfully come up with a list of perfumes that consist of the best dark vanilla perfume, light scented perfumes, coconut vanilla perfume and a lot more.
To begin with, we created a panel of experts on perfumes and made them try many types of vanilla perfume. They rated these fragrances on some important criteria like quality, originality, projection, longevity, value, versatility, and complement of frequency. Once the entire evaluation was done, a common sheet was released, consisting of the average scores obtained by all the fragrances in the sample. Based on the results, we figured out what are the 10 most popular perfumes.
This is a List of the 8 Best Vanilla Perfumes in 2020
The Highest Quality - Yves Rocher Secrets d’Essences Vanille Noire Review
- An unexpected sensuality.
- Exquisitely addictive.
- You'll fall for this perfume of a rare sensuality.
- Between freshness and sensuality, transparency and depth, Vanille Noire gently reveals its woody character as it comes in contact with your skin.
- Olfactory family: Vanilla, woody, fresh.
Eastern Ingredients - Montale Paris Sweet Vanilla Review
- Launched by the design house of MONTALE.
- Release year: 2015.
- Fragrance notes: apricot, vanilla.
100% Original - Lancôme La Vie Est Belle Review
- Launched by the design house of Lancôme in the year 2012
- This fruity fragrance has a blend of black currant, praline, tonka bean, vanilla, and patchouli notes
- It is recommended for casual wear
- Product Packaging May Vary
Long-lasting - Christian Dior Hypnotic Poison Review
- An oriental vanilla fragrance for modern women bold, sweet, smoky, warm, voluptuous & long-lasting top notes of almond
- This product is made of high quality material
- Christian Dior hypnotic poison 3.4 oz. eau de toilette spray for women
Perfect Gift - Lancôme Hypnose Review
Incredibly Sexy - Christian Dior J’adore Review
- The package length of the product is 5 inches
- The package width of the product is 9 inches
- The package height of the product is 7 inches
- Country of origin is France
Contains Notes of Lily - Cartier Baiser Vole Review
- Baiser Vole Essence de Parfum by Cartier for Women 2.7 oz Essence de Parfum Spray: Buy Cartier Perfumes - Cartier Baiser Vole Essence de Parfum by Cartier for Women 2.7 oz Essence de Parfum Spray - Great For: Spring
- Item Condition: 100% authentic, new and unused. Cartier Baiser Vole Essence de Parfum by Cartier for Women 2.7 oz Essence de Parfum Spray.
- Type: Eau De Parfum
Premium Quality - Annick Goutal Vanille Charnelle Review
- Launched by the design house of Annick Goutal in the year 215.
- Long lasting fragrance
- Increase attraction
Buyer’s Guide: The Best Vanilla Perfume
We came across all your queries, and hence, we decided to come up with this article to give you a detailed buyer’s guide that will help you choose the best vanilla perfume 2020. So let’s dive in to explore more about vanilla-based perfumes!
Vanilla-scented Perfume – is It for You?
First things first, be sure that you are a fan of vanilla-scented perfume. Because the flavour is considered to be boring, and it is a very popular notion. However, those who like it consider it to be a very sensual fragrance. This fragrance is often mixed with exotic fruits, flowers, and species notes to make it more warm and appealing. Vanilla perfume is considered to be one of the sexiest perfume and those who wear it, create magic around them.
Here is a sexy fact about vanilla, it is the second most expensive spice in the world after saffron.
Choosing the Best Vanilla Perfume
Only you can answer this question, but only when you have become well aware of all the aspects of vanilla fragrance like quality, vanilla notes, reputable brand, and a lasting scent.
The decision becomes very difficult when you are given different brands of sweet smell perfumes to choose from. The decision-making process is as complicated as you can think. But we will help you here!
Start with the following questions:
What is Going to Be the Occasion When You Wear Perfume?
There are two kinds of vanilla perfumes. One that is very fresh and playful, and the other very sexy and luxurious. Overall, vanilla is known to be a very versatile ingredient. These two kinds suffice all the possible events you can wear them to. Vanilla added with fruity, floral scents come out as something perfect for a daytime occasion. On the other hand, when this spice is added with exotic ingredients like amber, oud, or maybe sandalwood becomes a great fragrance for a night event.
How Much Vanilla Do You Prefer?
The variety is abundant, and the ‘How much vanilla?’ is a matter of choice. So, it will not be very hard for you to find a perfect concoction for yourself. Whatever vanilla strength matters to you, get it!
What Do Others Say?
It’s always a good idea to read reviews when you are buying something for the first time. Find out the reviews on the perfume you have been eyeing on. This will help you make a good decision for yourself.
Perfume Ingredients to Avoid
Certain ingredients are synthetic in nature. They lead to skin irritation, endocrine disruption, and are carcinogenic. And these could lead to some serious skin-related diseases and other diseases as well. Here are is a list of a few dangerous ingredients:
- Synthetic colours
- Sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS)
- Propylene glycol
Concentration of Scent
The concentration is something you should focus on. Remember, the higher the concentration of vanilla perfume oil, the more expensive it will be.
- Eau de Parfum: This is the concentration with the highest strength, and its fragrance will last longer. Even less quantity will help you smell for a longer duration. You won’t need to apply it again and again. Concentration between 10 – 30% concentration is Eau de Parfum.
- Eau de Toilette: With a concentration between 5 – 20%, this category stays on the middle ground.
- Eau de Cologne: This is one that has the weakest concentration. It’s available at affordable prices.
Synthetic or Natural Vanilla Fragrance
It is highly recommended that you choose the ones with natural ingredients. Reason being that synthetic fragrances are not as good for your skin. Best gardenia perfume or coconut perfume, try avoiding synthetic ones.
You can also consider buying vegan-friendly, most popular women’s perfume. You will be surprised to know that even this category of vanilla fragrance has great variety.
A vanilla based perfume isn’t supposed to smell only like vanilla. Some scents complement this niche perfume. The additional flavours add complexity to the perfume, making it more appealing and mysterious.
Vanilla perfume is often known to have just a sweet smell, but the additional flavours make it more exciting. There are vanilla perfumes with notes of jasmine, sandalwood, rosebud, orchard, apricot, or many others that make it smell more musky or even floral.
Choosing a reliable brand is essential while buying the best vanilla perfume. A trustworthy brand will leave no scope for disappointment, and you can easily find the best vanilla perfume review about them on the internet. Good brands will help you get the perfect balance of ingredients, sparing you from all the researching aspects. Popular examples: Guerlain, Annick Goutal, Lancome, Zadig et Voltaire and Cartier. If you think that these brands are too pricey, you can opt for non-luxury brands like The Body Shop and Marks and Spencers without compromising with the quality.
Best Vanilla Perfume FAQ
How do I smell like vanilla all day?
It depends whether you are using an Eau de Parfum, Eau de Toilette, or Eau de Cologne. Use a strong concentration (Eau de Parfum) if you prefer to have more vanilla fragrance in your vanilla perfume. Or you can also consider buying de Toilette. The only restriction would be that you will need to use it every few hours.
Also, make sure you buy a perfume with higher notes of vanilla where the additional flavours are not as dominating. You can refer to the best vanilla perfume review to get the information on the same.
Can You Use Vanilla as Perfume?
In the 1990s, vanilla was one dominant force in the world of perfumery. The reason was that people could even make their homemade vanilla perfume. They used to make hand-crafted vanilla extract with complementing essential oils, jasmine, orange blossom, and a lot more. It was possible, and it still is possible. However, they weren’t as great as a vanilla perfume you will find today. It’s better to purchase a nice vanilla perfume than making your own unless you are a professional.
What Kind of Scent is Vanilla?
Vanilla as a flavour has the right kind of sweetness and depth. It is a popular oriental aroma that is used as a coveted base in contemporary perfumes. The best part is that it suits both male and female fragrances.
Verdict and Our Recommendation for 2020
After going through the entire process of finding the best vanilla perfume 2020, here are the best ones:
- Christian Dior – Hypnotic Poison
- Yves Rocher – Secrets d’Essences Vanille Noire
- Lancôme – La Vie Est Belle
- Montale Paris – Sweet Vanilla
- Guerlain – Angélique Noire
- Annick Goutal – Vanille Charnelle
- Lancôme – Hypnose
- Zadig et Voltaire – Just Rock
- Christian Dior – J’adore
- Cartier – Baiser Vole
These recommendations were made after the testing process we conducted. This was the general verdict of the entire panel. However, if you are still keen on finding a few more perfumes on your own, keep the following points mentioned above. If you are looking for something as specific as the top 10 women perfume, we recommend you to visit top-mom.com.
Vanilla perfumes have been our favourite, and we are sure that they will become yours too. Let us know the review of the product you bought.
- 1 How We Tested
- 2 This is a List of the 8 Best Vanilla Perfumes in 2020
- 2.1 The Highest Quality - Yves Rocher Secrets d’Essences Vanille Noire Review
- 2.2 Eastern Ingredients - Montale Paris Sweet Vanilla Review
- 2.3 100% Original - Lancôme La Vie Est Belle Review
- 2.4 Long-lasting - Christian Dior Hypnotic Poison Review
- 2.5 Perfect Gift - Lancôme Hypnose Review
- 2.6 Incredibly Sexy - Christian Dior J’adore Review
- 2.7 Contains Notes of Lily - Cartier Baiser Vole Review
- 2.8 Premium Quality - Annick Goutal Vanille Charnelle Review
- 3 Buyer’s Guide: The Best Vanilla Perfume
- 3.1 Vanilla-scented Perfume – is It for You?
- 3.2 Choosing the Best Vanilla Perfume
- 4 Best Vanilla Perfume FAQ
- 5 Verdict and Our Recommendation for 2020