How We Tested
We have done a detailed customer survey on some of the chosen gardenia perfumes by our expert. Customer reviews matter the most and we value every review while testing. After the survey the fragrance that stood out among others is listed in this article. We have put our best efforts to bring for you the best brands of gardenia perfume that deserves your attention and investment.
Top 6 Best Gardenia Perfume: Comparison Chart
Best Overall: Pacifica Tahitian Gardenia Perfume Review
- SWEET, SMOOTH AND SLIGHTLY CITRUSY SCENT is reminiscent of jasmine, sweet orange and tea leaves
- DISCOVER YOUR FAVORITE FRAGRANCE by using on its own or layer for a custom fragrance
- MADE USING NON-GMO CORN-GRAIN ALCOHOL in small batches in our US factory and bottled in a recyclable glass bottle
- MADE WITH INGREDIENTS WE LOVE including essential and natural oils from all over the world
- FREE OF HARSH CHEMICALS including parabens, phthalates and other ingredients you don't want on your skin, as well as cruelty free and 100% vegan
Perfect for All Occasions - Jovan Island Gardenia Perfume Review
- Jovan Island Gardenia by Coty for Women
- 1.5 oz Cologne Spray
- Packaging for this product may vary from that shown in the image above
- This item is not for sale in Catalina Island
An Authentic Product - Gardenia by Elizabeth Taylor Eau de Parfum Review
- Gardenia by Elizabeth Taylor is a floral fragrance originally launched in 2003
- Top Notes: Lily-of-the-Valley and Green Leaves
- Middle Notes: Gardenia, Peony, and Orchid
- Base Notes: Musk and Carnation
- This is an authentic product backed by its original manufacturer. Packaging for this product may vary from that shown in the image above
Artisan Design: Thymes Goldleaf Gardenia Eau de Parfum Review
- Refreshing Scent: Thymes perfumes are crafted at our in-house fragrance studio for maximum fragrance
- Artisan Design: Thymes is inspired by botanicals in art and nature to create refreshing fragrances
- Fragrance Details: Velvety gardenia, lush rose, jasmine, creamy amber, patchouli, praline
- Perfect Package: Unique fragrances, artfully-designed packaging, and botanically-based products
- Who We Are: Always cruelty-free and formulated without parabens and petrolatum
Alcohol-free - Terranova Gardenia Eau de Parfum Review
- VELVETY & SENSUOUS: Gardenia, the queen of tropical flowers, is a blissful, addictive aroma of velvety blossoms. A true celebration of feminine grace, joy and beauty, this rich floral scent is a classic for everyone.
- LONG-LASTING: A little goes a long way with Terranova Island Escapes Collection Perfume Essences. Our fragrances are concentrated and highly aromatic perfume oils that leave you feeling fresh throughout the day.
- ALCOHOL-FREE: Our perfume essences are unmatched when it comes to composition. Not only are they paraben-free, phthalate-free and made from only the highest quality ingredients, but they also are alcohol-free and long lasting.
- EXCELLENT FOR TRAVEL: Terranova Perfume Essences are the perfect size for on-the-go. Each bottle contains no more than 0.4 fl oz, so traveling with them by air is easy too. Dab yourself anytime you want to refresh.
- TERRANOVA QUALITY: At Terranova, we operate on the principle that simpler is better. Our formulas are made with premium quality ingredients and meet the strictest standards. Our products are not tested on animals.
Velvety & Sensuous - Flora by Gucci Parfume for Women Review
- Country of origin is United States
- Item Package Length: 7.62cm
- Item Package Width: 7.874cm
- Item Package Height: 8.89cm
- eau de perfume spray
Buyer's Guide - The Best Gardenia Perfume
We understand your queries and hence, we have prepared for you a detailed buyer’s guide that will help you choose the best gardenia perfume 2020 of your choice. So let’s explore more about gardenia extracts!
What is Gardenia Scent?
Gardenia scented perfume is made from Gardenias or Cape Jasmines (Gardenia jasminoides). These scented white flowers bloom in the South during the spring and continue blooming till the summer and into fall. The fragrance of the flowers is highly intoxicating. When used as the primary ingredient in perfumes, the ‘Queen of Perfumes’ take the throne, named ‘Gardenia Perfumes’.
How to Choose the Best Gardenia Perfume?
When you are served so many different brands of the same product, choosing the best often becomes a hard job. But we are here to tell you how to implement the task of choosing the best in a far easier way. The first thing that you should keep in mind is that not all perfumes that smells like gardenia is GARDENIA. Well that might confuse you a bit! The fact is that most of the gardenia perfumes contain more jasmine and tuberose than the gardenia flowers. And that is because pure gardenia extracts are costly. Ten thousand pounds of gardenia flowers produce two pounds of extract and each plant produces just three flowers. Now you know right why finding the best perfume with gardenia is difficult?
You can still find the best affordable gardenia perfume by doing a well research on the concentration of the perfume, ingredients, brands, recommendations and so on. And we have done all of that for you.
Concentration of Scent
According to scientific opinion, concentration of a gardenia flower is:
- Linalool (2.74%)
- Methyl benzoate (0.25%)
- Farnesene (64.86%)
- Cis-ocimene (29.33%)
- Cis-3-hexanyl tiglate (1.34%)
Perfume Ingredients: Natural and Toxic
Every perfume contains ingredients that can be divided into two segments. One segment consists of natural and safe ingredients. And the other segment consists of toxic and harmful ingredients. The natural components are mostly derived from plant and plant parts whereas the toxic elements are prepared in laboratory. The toxic elements can cause skin rashes and other skin problems. So it is highly suggested to use brands which contain less toxic elements. We have made a list of both the segment of elements. Let’s take a look on both natural and toxic perfume ingredients-
- Essential oils
- Botanical oils
- Plant oils
- Plant waxes
- Botanical extracts
- Nature identical compounds
- Synthetic aroma chemicals and musk
While buying a perfume, you must check the ingredients at the back of the product. If the composition contains more harmful ingredients than the natural ones, you should avoid that product and opt for something that takes care of your safety.
Choosing a trustworthy brand is a very crucial point while buying gardenia perfume. A good brand not only ensures pure gardenia extract in the perfume but also provides their customer the right balance of ingredients that do not contain toxic elements. Out of so many brands, we suggest you to invest in brands like- Tocca Eau de Parfum Florence, Gucci Florals, Gardenia by Elizabeth Taylor, KAI Perfume Oil, Jovan Island Gardenia and many more such well-known brands with popular gardenia perfume reviews. You may opt for cheaper brands too but you might have to compromise with the quality.
If we compare the quality of the above mentioned brands then they are far better from the rest. And they are affordable too for those who do not like compromising with the quality of the products they use.
Best Gardenia Perfume FAQ
We will not only provide you with gardenia perfume reviews but will also answer to your queries. Below is the list of Q&A that crosses the mind of most of the customers buying gardenia perfume.
What does Winter Gardenia Smell Like?
Winter gardenia smells of passion being blended with sweetness. Infused with the fine warmth of jasmine and sugary feel of peach and best coconut perfume, winter gardenia is a perfect combination made for people who love smelling sweet and desirable. Remember that jasmine and gardenia perfumes are not same. The debate between gardenia vs jasmine has always proved that both are different. If you find your gardenia perfume smelling more like jasmine then probably you have picked the wrong brand.
What Chemicals are in Perfumes?
The harmful chemicals used in perfume is a long list. But a few most prominent out of that long list are- phthalate, styrene, musk ketone, benzaldehyde, camphor, ethyl acetate, benzyl acetate, methylene chloride, alpha-methylbenzyl acetate, alpha ocimene, beta ocimene, beta-cis-ocimene, trans-beta-ocimene and many more.
Keeping in mind the great chemical quality delivered by the trustworthy brands, the price of gardenia perfume is quite affordable. You can try the cheaper ones too but then we are not responsible for the harsh toxic elements used in it. Prefer to buy a brand that has an impact on the market.
So keep a check on these chemicals while choosing your gardenia perfume brand. You don’t need to be an expert to choose the best gardenia perfume. Go through the ingredients, ensure that it contains more natural elements than toxic elements. And still if it seems difficult, we are always here to help you.
Verdict and Our Recommendations for 2020
Gardenia perfumes are surely impressive. Do make sure that the brand you choose provides good quality. Chemical containing fragrance is not something that we would suggest to you. Pay a little more but buy a product that do not harm you in the long run. Choose a brand from recommendations as we have made the list keeping all your requirements in mind. Applying the perfume once is enough for the day and that is the best part of gardenia. The sweet exotic perfume stays with you day long and never let you stink. You can also find more sweet exotic perfumes in our coconut and best vanilla perfume reviews.
So this summer spray the magic of gardenia in your life and get lost in the sweetness provoked by the scent. Which brand of perfume are you picking from best gardenia perfume 2020? We recommend Pacifica Tahitian Gardenia Perfume.
For more such amazing recommendations do visit top-mom.com.
- 1 How We Tested
- 2 Top 6 Best Gardenia Perfume: Comparison Chart
- 2.1 Best Overall: Pacifica Tahitian Gardenia Perfume Review
- 2.2 Perfect for All Occasions - Jovan Island Gardenia Perfume Review
- 2.3 An Authentic Product - Gardenia by Elizabeth Taylor Eau de Parfum Review
- 2.4 Artisan Design: Thymes Goldleaf Gardenia Eau de Parfum Review
- 2.5 Alcohol-free - Terranova Gardenia Eau de Parfum Review
- 2.6 Velvety & Sensuous - Flora by Gucci Parfume for Women Review
- 3 Buyer's Guide - The Best Gardenia Perfume
- 4 Best Gardenia Perfume FAQ
- 5 Verdict and Our Recommendations for 2020