- 1 Why Coconut Perfume Is Taking The World Of Fragrances By Storm
- 2 Top 4 Best Coconut Perfume: Comparison Chart
- 2.1 Best Coconut Fragrance For Summer: Aqua Allegoria Coconut Fizz by Guerlain
- 2.2 Best Coconut Scented Perfume : Tom Ford Soleil Blanc
- 2.3 Perfect and Long Lasting Perfume for Summer Nights: Montale Sweet Peony
- 2.4 Today's Legend: Versace Crystal Noir Women
- 2.5 Best Coconut Cologne
- 2.6 Best Vanilla Coconut Perfume
- 2.7 Best Tropical Perfumes
- 2.8 HEELEY COCCO BELLO EAU DE PARFUM 100 ML
- 2.9 MONTALE Eau de Parfum Spray
- 2.10 Creed Virgin Island Water, 1.7 Fl Oz
- 3 Why Sail To The Islands When You Can Bottle Them?
- 4 A Noteworthy Discussion
- 5 A Coconut By Any Other Name
- 6 Hacks to Make Your Coconut Perfume Linger Longer
- 7 FAQ
- 8 Do You Dare?
Why Coconut Perfume Is Taking The World Of Fragrances By Storm
On the off chance that you didn’t already know, the once humble coconut has taken over the fragrance world, giving cult-classic perfumes a run for their money. Why is coconut perfume suddenly such a hot contender on the sweet-smelling catwalk? Dare we say it could even be the best smelling perfume of 2021. Most likely, it is because coconut perfume has the ability to slowly waft into our consciousness and transport us to faraway lands.
As soon as we think “coconut”, our mind drifts to white sandy beaches, azure blue water, and swaying palm trees. Yes, that’s right. Just a few spritzes on your pulse points is all you need to get scooped up on a magical voyage to a tropical beach. Soak up the endless sunshine with a French vanilla piña colada in hand, and your toes in the sand, and smell delicious doing it! To find more Vanilla compositions read our full best vanilla perfume review
Before rushing out to stock up on coconut perfumes, first a warning. Not all coconut perfumes are created equally – and they certainly don’t all smell the same either. Coconut perfumes range from milky and creamy, to peachy and syrupy, to nutty and musky. Fake coconut perfume variants are a definite no-no as they can make you smell like you’ve covered yourself in a tub of lard. That’s because authentic perfume has three layers: top notes, middle notes, and base notes, while counterfeit perfume has a flat, one-dimensional quality – like it’s missing an entire layer of notes – skipping your nose straight to the last layer, which, you guessed it, is often buttery.
Living La Vida Coco
You’re in luck because our team of expert sniffers has gone to the ends of the earth to find coconut perfumes that have been endorsed by the best noses in the business. As if that’s not enough, we’ve also sifted through streams of reviews on both designer and niche coconut perfumes, invested in thousands of dollars of paper blotters (not really, but we will if you want us to), and checked streams of ingredient lists to ensure you choose a coconut perfume that will always smell delicious.
Top 4 Best Coconut Perfume: Comparison Chart
Best Coconut Fragrance For Summer: Aqua Allegoria Coconut Fizz by Guerlain
- Transport yourself to an isle of paradise with the Guerlain's Aqua Allegoria Coconut Fizz Eau de Toilette Spray, a joyful scent that takes the essence of coconut water and combines it with a touch of fresh fruit. This citrusy fragrance is fruity, delightful, woody and refreshing.
- This delicious cocktail opens with notes of coconut water brought to life with a hint of bergamot for a hit of freshness. In the heart, this effervescent aroma combines with facets of juicy watermelon, freesia and the addictive scent of freshly cut coconut before a creamy base of tonka bean, sandalwood and white woods caresses the skin for a lingering finish.
- Size: 4.2 oz / 125 ml
No doubt, this is one of the most popular perfumes since 2019. No milk, no cream or traditional sweetness which is common to the wide range of coconut perfumes. Coconut Fizz by Guerlain is a coconut water, salty freshness. The galvanizing freshness of flowers and citruses is an ode to ease, like an endlessly refreshing breath. It’s not just an ordinary “sweety” or “freshy” perfume, this is a perfect solution for warm skin and for hot summer. Will cop for:
- Summer and late spring;
- Warm skin fragrance;
- Longevity: moderate;
- Sillage: heavy to enormous.
Best Coconut Scented Perfume : Tom Ford Soleil Blanc
- Launched by the design house of tom ford
- This oriental floral fragrance has a blend of bitter orange, bergamot, petit grain, caraway, pink pepper, pistachio, citron, enroll, Tunisian orange blossom, jasmine, Tonka bean, benzoin, and tuberose.
- It is recommended for daily wear.
- Country of origin is United States
Yes, the first time reaction is something like “TF the price?!”. Yes, it’s really pricey, but we just CAN’T create a list of the best coconut perfumes without courtesies to Maestro Ford:) Yes, Soleil Blanc is one of the BEST coconut perfumes that collent the whole pyramide of the different notes, such as coconut, tuberose, ylang ylang, green pistaches, amber, jasmine, cardamom and many-many more other. Here is some quick and useful facts:
- Main accords: coconut, white flowers, sweet, tuberose;
- Main notes according to users: coconut, tuberose, ylang-ylang;
- Longevity: from moderate to very long lasting;
- Sillage: from heavy to enormous.
Perfect and Long Lasting Perfume for Summer Nights: Montale Sweet Peony
- Launched by the design house of MONTALE.
- Release year: 2017.
- Top notes: peony. Middle notes: jasmine, rose, peach, coconut. Base notes: sandalwood, cloves, vanilla, coffee.
…Is this a coconut fragrance? Looks like this is somenthing with peony, right? We love our readers, so that’s why we don’t provide a list of the perfumes that don’t contain anything but coconut scent. It’s not interesting, and in many cases, mono-fragrances isn’t such interesting in the pyramides of scents like niche perfumes. So that’s why we’ve decided to show you the perfect, log lasting fragrance by Pierre Montale
Today's Legend: Versace Crystal Noir Women
- Sensual and delicate.Notes of ginger, cardamon, peony, pepper and gardenia mix for a feminine white floral, spicy and coconut accord
- Versace Crystal Noir was launched by the design house of Versace
- This product is a fragrance item that comes in retail packaging
- It is recommended for casual wear
Best Coconut Cologne
- Fine fragrances containing a high dose of natural ingredients can be subject to slight variations. In the same way wines vary from year to year, so can perfume. This is a natural occurrence and something that gives life to the perfume. If you're hesitant or unhappy with your purchase, we will gladly assist you.
- We deal exclusively with 100% Authentic items, sourced direct from brand owners or certified distributors.
- Fragrances are sometimes reformulated based on European Commission regulations aimed at protecting consumers from allergies. This is an unavoidable reality and does not indicate inauthenticity. A reformulated fragrance may differ slightly from the scent you've grown accustomed to.
- Packaging may vary. It is not uncommon for a brand to update packaging. These changes are normal and occur often.
- Remember, we are here to make you happy! If you have any questions, comments, or concerns - please don't hesitate to contact us.
Best Vanilla Coconut Perfume
- FRESH, EXOTIC AND DELICATE SCENT with a warm blend of coconut, vanilla and creamy vetiver
- DISCOVER YOUR FAVORITE FRAGRANCE by using on its own or layer for a custom fragrance
- MADE USING NON-GMO CORN-GRAIN ALCOHOL in small batches in our US factory and bottled in a recyclable glass bottle
- MADE WITH INGREDIENTS WE LOVE including essential and natural oils from all over the world
- FREE OF HARSH CHEMICALS including parabens, phthalates and other ingredients you don't want on your skin, as well as cruelty free and 100% vegan
Best Tropical Perfumes
- 3.3-Ounce spray
- Transports you to your summer paradise
- Fragrance opens with a shimmering citrus blend, followed by a flirtatious heart of juicy peach and raspberry that glistens over sensual sandalwood, gilded amber and creamy vanilla
- The package dimension of the product is 3.2"L x 4.4"W x 5.1"H
HEELEY COCCO BELLO EAU DE PARFUM 100 ML
Heeley are a French luxury niche perfume house founded by English perfumer James Heeley, that create unique fragrances using super high quality ingredients.
MONTALE Eau de Parfum Spray
- Launched by the design house of MONTALE.
- Release year: 2005.
- Fragrance notes: tiare flower, coconut, rose, jasmine, ylang ylang, vanilla.
By the way, tiaré is a highly fragrant tropical flower that is also used to make monoi oil (by soaking the petals in pure coconut oil).
Creed Virgin Island Water, 1.7 Fl Oz
- Item Package Length: 1.6"
- Item Package Width: 3.6"
- Item Package Height: 5.6"
- Item Package Weight: 0.227kg
Virgin Island Water is the work of Creed’s sixth generation master perfumer Olivier Creed and his son Erwin, who wanted to capture their Caribbean sailing adventure in a bottle.
Why Sail To The Islands When You Can Bottle Them?
Close your eyes. Envision a blanket of coconut, bergamot, warm amber, patchouli, sweet vanilla pods, tonka bean, peach, and gardenia. Now crawl right into it. That’s pretty much the scents that fragrance designers have combined nowadays to create the perfect coconut perfume. The aroma of coconut comes from their mash (the white coating) and water (the fluid inside the coconut). It’s a sweet, fruity, nutty, velvety, and intriguing smell, which is lighter and fresher than what you may expect in the wake of smelling sun creams.
While coconut fragrance can be worn throughout the entire year, it’s typically most appropriate for hotter climates, particularly summer. Despite its milky nuances, coconut perfume can work well for both women and men. Add a splash of Jamaican rum, a slice of Sicilian mandarin, some spicy ginger, a touch of amber, and a hint of leather into the ingredients list, and coconut perfume can be unisex. Okay, we know what you’re thinking.
How exactly do I know what the ingredient list is? If you’re unsure what notes are in your coconut perfume, you can look at its scent family information, which can usually be found online or in the product description. As a general rule of thumb, men should stay away from floral scents like ylang-ylang and jasmine, unless they are on the bottom of the list of ingredients of the coconut perfume, in which case you can get away with it. But wait, we’re not through just yet.
One other very important thing to look out for when it comes to ingredients is phthalates. Phtha-what, you may ask. Don’t worry, we’ll explain. Phthalates are a class of compound chemicals typically found in perfumes and used as carriers to help make scents linger. Some phthalates can pose health risks, so always opt for coconut perfumes that disclose all fragrance ingredients on the label, sourcing scent only from pure essential oils.
A Noteworthy Discussion
According to perfume.com, from the time it’s produced, a typical bottle of perfume has an average shelf life of three to five years. How long coconut perfume will keep once it’s opened, however, rests on several factors. As with all perfumes, it will last longer if you keep it in a cool, dark place. But also, the type of bottle it comes in can mean a life cut short when it comes to coconut perfume. Because it’s such a great scent for the beach, you may be tempted to buy perfume pens and rollerball versions of coconut perfume.
While technically they should have the same expiration time as their bottled counterparts, because of their ‘travel-friendly’ size, they are frequently exposed to intense light, sunlight, and heat, which can all alter the sensitive DNA of coconut fragrance, accelerating the breakdown of the coconut scent. To mitigate the risk of early expiration, keep your travel-sized coconut perfume in a carry-on bag or inside your purse/wallet.
A Coconut By Any Other Name
It’s a familiar story and it goes like this. You’re at the fragrance store, ready to buy your coconut perfume and are hit with phrases like eau de parfum, eau de toilette, and eau de cologne. You start to worry that you’ll need a lesson in French before making an informed decision as to which coconut perfume to buy. News flash. It’s not as complicated as you think. The various values of coconut fragrance (and all fragrances, for that matter) boil down to concentrations. A bottle never contains pure coconut but is actually a blend of a scent and a base.
The fragrance for the most part includes constituents, sweet-smelling mixes, and oils. The base is typically either a blend of ethanol and water or just one of the two. Some coconut perfumes have alternative fragrance solvents or bases that are alcohol-free or organic. This offers a hyper-allergic solution for those with skin sensitivity to alcohol. Logically, coconut eau de parfum will be more expensive than coconut eau de toilette or eau de cologne. But the fragrance lasts much longer and you only need a small amount. Best of all, eau de parfum doesn’t require reapplying throughout the day.
Hacks to Make Your Coconut Perfume Linger Longer
We’ve all done it. Taken a bottle of perfume, sprayed it in the air, and walked through it. It’s very much an Audrey Hepburn way of applying fragrance but it’s not the best way to apply coconut perfume. To make coconut perfume last longer on your skin, you should be targeting your pulse points. Try spritzing the nape of your neck, insides of your elbows, wrists, or the back of your knees.
Coconut perfume also works great when brushed into your hair. Astonishing, isn’t it, but not surprising. Hair holds scent super well. The French have a word for it: sillage. Sillage is the appealing fragrance trail left by somebody wearing scent after they stroll by. Scent specialists Luca Turin and Tania Sanche wrapped the term up beautifully by likening it to: ‘the wake left in the water by passing ships’. In other words, a scent that lingers long after you’re gone.
Another way to maximize your coconut fragrance is to buy coconut-scented soaps, lotions, and body washes, and use them alongside your coconut perfume. The good news here is that you won’t be short of options as coconut is a main-stream ingredient in countless beauty products. That’s because it’s a source of lauric acid, a fatty acid known for its antimicrobial, moisturizing, and hormone-balancing properties. Does coconut perfume smell different on different people? It will, but then again, it should. Coconut scent, in particular, will smell different on different skin because of your skin’s unique chemistry. The more oil-filled your skin is, the more coconut perfume will cling to it, and the longer it will last.
What does coconut smell like?
Coconut’s scent comes mostly from their pulp (the white lining) and from the liquid inside. It’s a sweet, creamy and slightly exotic smell
When Is A Good Time To Wear Coconut Perfumes?
I would like to say wear whatever and whenever you like, until you get bored! In our personal opinion coconut is a year-round scent.
Do You Dare?
Now that we have you going cuckoo for coconut perfume, the only thing left to do is live your own tropical fantasy and try coconut perfume for yourself. And remember just a few golden rules – skip fake variants, look at scent family information when wanting a unisex coconut perfume, store your coconut perfume correctly, and test the coconut perfume on your own skin as the end fragrance will differ from person to person. We, at Top-mom.com, hope that our recommendations will help you find a coconut fragrance that you will love.