- 1 TOP 10 best fitness tracker for kids: Comparison Chart
- 2 Buyer’s Guide: All You Need to Know About the best fitness tracker for kids
- 3 Verdict and Our Recommendation for 2020
TOP 10 best fitness tracker for kids: Comparison Chart
With 14 different best sport tracking modes, this watch is suitable for kids taking part in various sports. As a waterproof fitness tracker, kids can use it indoors or outdoors. With its connected GPS feature, it can record the tracks and the steps for an outdoor run. With its intuitive size wrist module, it makes heart rate tracking simple. Sleep monitoring works well and gives a sneak-peak into deep sleep and REM cycles. Parents can, therefore, track the child’s sleep and help identify sleeping troubles at an early stage.
If you need a gadget that can accurately track activities, sleep, and heart rate in kids with multiple exercise modes, this makes an excellent value for money.
Why We Like It
- Suitable for men, women, and kids
- Provides one of the most accurate heart rate sensing in the price point
- Easy and fast charging feature
- Easy strap adjustments make the band comfortable on a child’s wrist
Available in plenty of colors, this one offers smart activity tracking. From steps to calories and distance, parents can get a peak into the child’s activity levels easily. With a battery life of up to 10 days, this best activity tracker for kids comes with an efficient smartphone app. From heart rate monitoring to full-day activity tracking, sleep tracking, and quick notifications, this one offers an ample load of features. With its IP68 waterproof rating, it is suitable for everyday use.
For those parents looking for a gadget for their older kids and teens with several watch functions, this one makes an easy pick.
Why We Like It
- Automatic sleep tracking mode comes with a vibration alarm for smart wake function
- Dial theme customization is easy
- Response touch key takes care of the watch mode controls
- Visibility of the LCD screen is excellent under various lighting conditions
As one of the best kids fitness tracker options on the market, this one is suitable for children older than 5 years of age. Its user-friendly interface makes it an excellent choice for first-time users. The app provides ample data like sleep tracking charts, activity levels, and more. Provision to set 5 different alarm times is a convenient addition. On synchronization, with a phone, it gives notifications from multiple apps allowing kids to keep their phones away. Durable TPU bands are flexible and do not contain any chemicals that are harsh on children’s skin.
If you need a fitness band for kids with quick and convenient synchronization and smart activity tracking, this one works well.
Why We Like It
- Comes with two straps for quick customization of looks
- Easy length adjustment makes the straps comfortable on little hands
- Charges easily with a standard USB adapter
- Lightweight design makes it easy on the kids’ wrists
YAMAY provides a reliable step counter for kids. Tracking of 14 sports modes and 3 exercise modes is possible. The high definition screen offers excellent visibility. Sleep quality monitoring is a useful addition. Kids can set aside distractions from their phone and quickly view notifications on display. The central touch button on the OLED screen allows navigation between the various controls. With its slim design, it feels convenient for the kids to wear. The wrist sensing feature allows the automatic display of time.
Multiple notification features on a bright display with handy features like activity, sleep, and heart rate monitoring makes this watch worth the money.
- With its IP68 rating and durable design, kids can wear this watch while swimming and diving
- Uses phone GPS to show the tracks of movement
- Quick and easy camera shutter trigger feature
- Tracks running, walking and cycling
- Doesn’t come with a dedicated swimming mode
Designed especially for the little ones, this is a cute fitness tracker available in two colors. Suitable for kids 4-12 years old, it has 55 different clock faces- both analog and digital variants. With motion apps, games, and more, this kids fitness tracker watch is an all-round entertainer. Time-based and motion-based games motivate kids to stay active. Splash-proof build quality makes it a durable addition for everyday use. The touch response works smooth and allows convenient navigation through the menu.
For parents looking to use a fitness tracker without a phone, this one makes a great standalone choice with multiple features.
- Features cameras that allow kids to record videos or click pictures
- Provides augmented reality gaming experience with its built-in game
- Carries 256MB internal memory
- Easy interface allows younger kids to understand their watch better
- Battery life extends only to a couple of days which shortens with heavy use
With its child-friendly build, this is the best fitness tracker for kids based on the design. Children of the age 4-7 years can enjoy the preloaded 50 different challenges. These help keep the child active by offering fun gestures to perform. Children can pick a challenge they like, and earn rewards on completing them. They also get to explore and choose a pet from the 8 choices. The hi-resolution screen is gentle on the little one’s eyes. Both analog and digital watch displays are available. Not all cheap fitness trackers allow the quality of construction that this one offers.
Are you picking fitness watches for kids for the first time? Then this budget-friendly option is an excellent choice, to begin with.
- Parental control feature allows setting timed play
- Adjustable strap feels smooth on the kids’ skin
- Supporting app on the smartphone offers several more features to explore
- Water-resistant design protects the watch from splashes and accidental spills
- Doesn’t provide a good battery life
As one of the best kids tracker devices in the market, this one comes with adjustable straps. The slim design makes it convenient for little ones and grownups alike. There are replacement bands which are easy to find. It provides activity tracking, sleep monitoring, and vibration alarms. Besides the standard features on most trackers, this one carries an anti-lost mode to notify when you move away from the phone. With excellent product support after sales and handy features for the kids and grownups, this is a fun gadget.
If you need a tracking fitness bracelet for kids with long term use as the focus, then this one provides many features and a versatile profile.
- With its IP67 waterproof rating children can wear it while playing and sweating outdoor
- Setting up the watch is convenient and quick
- Sedentary reminder helps remind the child in regular intervals to get up and get active
- Automatic 24hour reset allows fresh gathering data every day
- Offers weak battery life and charging takes time
Parents can get a snapshot of the active hours that their kids spend. There is a handy sleep tracking mode to study the quality of sleep the child gets. Sedentary reminders prevent kids from sitting idle in the same place for a long time. There is a USB plug design for charging the device, and therefore you don’t need additional cables. A remote camera shutter trigger is useful for taking selfies. Wrist movement sensing display offers clear visibility for time and notifications.
As a band that delivers intelligent tracking with its accurate sensors, this makes a worthy consideration for smart bands for kids.
- Fast charging and long-lasting battery life are handy features
- Narrow design of the gadget makes it appropriate for children
- Synchronization of data with the app happens smoothly
- Sturdy build allows children to wear them outdoors
- Band wears off easily, and you might have to look for a replacement soon
- For the price point, this one doesn’t offer swimming and shower friendly design
Coming in multiple colors with interchangeable bands, it features a sleek profile. Daily activity tracking, total distance, and movement patterns are easy to view on the smartphone app. Automatic sleep tracking and the ability to monitor multiple types of activities are some of the beneficial features. For accuracy in track, there are 6 easy sports modes to choose from. While displaying notifications, this also allows you to hang up calls by long-pressing the touch-sensitive button. It works the best with the phone for easy GPS tracking.
If you need a simple exercise tracker for kids with intuitive features and decent looks, the YoYoFit Slim comes as a good choice.
- Works seamlessly with iOS and Android phones
- Smart calorie counter helps parents focus on their kid’s diet
- Option to pick from 8 dial faces to customize the watch
- Can conveniently pinpoint the child’s location when the watch is within 7m from the phone
- Accuracy of the heart rate monitor is poor
- Not a very durable option in the price range
This is the best pedometer for kids looking for something fun and colorful. A beautiful chunky display provides the right amount of information. Calories, steps, and distance are all easy to monitor on this device. With Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity, synchronization is fast. For meeting goals, there is the option to earn rewards, and this can encourage little ones to try and achieve their fitness goals. They can then share their fitness progress with their friends and compete with them. It, therefore, makes working towards fitness goals more fun.
With its slim profile, children can stay active without even remembering that they are wearing the watch.
- Wireless synchronization is smooth and reliable
- One tap display works consistently
- Allows setting multiple goals for the day
- Smartphone application provides useful statistics to view activity levels
- For the huge price tag, this doesn’t bring longevity as its benefit
- Uses replaceable battery which adds to the expense
Buyer’s Guide: All You Need to Know About the best fitness tracker for kids
What is a Kid fitness tracker?
Very similar to the ones designed for adults, these feature convenient adjustments. There are some emergency functions built into some of the children’s fitness tracker options.
Benefits of Fitness Tracker
- GPS bracelet for a child, with a built-in GPS module, helps parents know their child’s location
- Keeps them healthy and fit
- Encourages participation in sports
- Allows them to keep their smartphones and tablets away
With a host of benefits, some also come with games. These are, therefore, among the best toys for toddlers and older kids to use while traveling.
How to Choose the best fitness tracker for kids
The size of the dial should be narrow and not too long. The straps should also easily adjustable buckles to offer a snug fit
2. Band Type and Material
TPU is among the most commonly used materials. The choice of non-toxic materials is safe for the tiny tots.
Parents hunt for the best toddler bike and other toys mainly to keep their children outdoors. With a waterproof tracker watch for kids, sweaty hands do not hurt the watch.
4. Battery Life
Fast charging time, along with a long-lasting battery life can be convenient.
Watches compatible with both Android and iOS as versatile choices
The child may be playing with the best toddler scooter or trikes or merely running in the garden. Accurate sensors help track the movement of all kinds.
7. Panic Button
This is a handy addition to have while taking kids out to a crowded place. They can send out an emergency warning and call for help.
Verdict and Our Recommendation for 2020
Many features make a fitness band suitable for young customers. With a vast selection of features, Lintelek Fitness Tracker is our top recommendation. Its versatility makes it stand out. As a design suitable for grownups and tiny users, everyone in the family can use this. It synchronizes quickly, and pairing is fast as well. With all these features, this makes the best fitness tracker for kids 2020. By picking the bestselling models, you can easily find replacement straps for the future. These are also easy to charge and do not need special adapters to charge the watch. Check out top-mom.com for more reviews on children’s gadgets.