10 Best Toddler Bikes for Toddler Reviews
Best Overall: Guardian Kids Bikes
It has a Sure Stop technology to make it a lot safer for kids. By pressing one brake lever, both wheels will stop to prevent kids from a head-over-handle accident. It appears on Shark Tank, so it appeals to fans of the show. The basic color combination of black, green, and blue does not make it look too vibrant nor dull. It is one of the top toddler bikes that are in the market today.
Summary: An uncomplicated model, but has an impressive brake system to keep kids safer while riding.
Why We Like It?
- Sure-stop technology to prevent head-over-handlebar injuries
- Lighter than other models
- Exceptional customer service
- Great stability
Powder-coated frame: Joystar Kids Bike
JOYSTAR kids' toddler bicycle has a retro combination of colors, so it is not too flashy. There is a bell on the left handlebar, and a DIY decal allowing kids to put their name on it. The chain guard is also an important feature because it prevents your kid from getting hurt when they try to touch the chain. It is a training bike for toddlers that has a simple look, but will never go out of style.
Summary: A classic-looking bike that kids will enjoy riding and the solid construction will make it last longer.
Why We Like It?
- Bell is an excellent addition that makes it safer to ride
- Tires are not flimsy
- Stickers included where your kid's name will be on
- Has a powder-coated frame
Best No Pedal: Retrospec Cub Kids Balance Bike
Retrospec Cub balance bike for toddler has no pedal, but it is mainly to increase confidence in children and promote balance and coordination for their development. The high-tensile steel frame does not break easily, and it is lightweight, so your toddler will not lose balance because of it. Aside from that, the design and construction are sleek. It is the best balance bike for toddlers that are available today, and the benefits are amazing.
Summary: A great bike to train toddlers how to ride on 2 wheels a lot sooner and it is well-made.
Why We Like It?
- Toddlers will learn to ride on 2 wheels faster
- All parts attach with a quick-lock
- Motivates toddlers to try balancing themselves
- Center footrest makes it easy for your toddler to hop on and off
Easy to maneuver: Schwinn Elm Girl’s Bike
Schwinn Elm girl’s bike has a durable steel frame, and proportions are carefully planned out for kids. Since kids are still learning to use a bike, the rear coaster brake and front caliper brake are essential for their safety. With an adjustable saddle and slack-seat tube, the bike grows with your child. Bikes for kids these days come in different choices, but a pink one is always attractive to little girls, so any parent will not regret buying it.
Summary: It is an attractive pink color for little girls who want to have fun and stay active. It is also reasonably priced.
- The pink color is very vibrant in person
- Assembly times takes less than 30 minutes
- Easy and comfortable to maneuver
- Good ergonomics and sturdiness
Best for beginner: Mongoose Legion Mag Freestyle Bike
Mongoose Legion big wheel biker for toddlers comes with cast aluminum mag wheels and sealed bearings. Additionally, it is designed for professionals and equipped with big wheels, so your kid can use it for doing simple tricks as well. Handlebars spin 360 degrees for easy maneuvering and better control. It does not come with training wheels, but that is attachable in case your toddler still needs to learn basic skills, including balance.
Summary: It is ideal for starters who want to start trying out tricks, but with guidance. The mag wheels are fantastic.
- Brakes work like a charm and they enhance its safety feature
- Mag wheels are an excellent support for the tires
- Great starter model
- Reasonable price for its quality and size
- Chain guard is plastic, but the entire bike is incredible
Best For Paw Patrol Fan: Nickelodeon Bicycle
Nickelodeon Paw Patrol bike comes with a matching Paw Patrol helmet and protective pedal. Kids are going to love it once they see that it is Paw Patrol-themed, which is a common favorite among kids. It is the best first bike for toddlers because aside from the inviting design, the height is just right for toddlers. There are training wheels that help develop their skills and confidence while riding. The marshal wheel covers are also very cute.
Summary: Paw Patrol bike is great for toddlers who are fans of the cartoon and want to start riding a bike.
- Kids easily fall in love with the design
- In case of any damage, there are replacement parts from the manufacturer
- Foot brakes work great
- Pedaling is very easy and smooth
- Velcro on the handlebars quickly come off, but that is a minor thing that can be improved
Best Dual Disc Brake: Nice C BMX C Kids Bike
NICe BMX kids bike has a beautiful champagne color that gives it a very classy touch. It is a one-piece magnesium alloy frame with no welding, which makes it a very lightweight bike. Magnesium alloy has more elasticity compared to aluminum, and the extra thick training tires give it more stability. It is the best training bike for toddlers that turns heads because it looks very solid and unbreakable.
Summary: This elegant-looking bike is heavy-duty, lightweight, and strong.
- Once-piece frame, so it cannot be disjointed
- Very lightweight for any toddler to use
- Dual hand brakes are an added safety feature
- Has a lot better quality than most toddler bikes
- Not well-packaged when it arrives, but it is easy to ask for a replacement in case there are missing parts
Good balance: Dynacraft Magna Throttle Boys
Dynacraft Magna throttle dirt bike may not be considered a toddler first bike, but training wheels are attachable and the kickstand is well-constructed. If your toddler is a little tall for their age, they can use this bike, and it will be easy for them to transition to a bigger one in the future. Further, it does not fall short on the features of toddler bikes. With robust construction, responsive brakes, and kickstand, parents can give it to their kids.
Summary: It is also a dirt bike, which means it can be on off-road. The kickstand keeps it very sturdy and safe for kids.
- Handlebar makes it very comfortable for any child to steer
- Looks like the bike can last for more than 2 years
- Has a nice balance
- Sleek and slim design
- Might be too big for small kids, but training wheels are always available
Easy to assemble: RoyalBaby Freestyle Kid’s Bike
RoyalBaby Freestyle is another best toddler bike that has a sporty edge and comes with a bell and water bottle. Further, its quick-release seat post makes the seat adjustable according to your child's height when your child grows taller. Heavy-duty training wheels are your child’s perfect partner when it is their first time to ride, and they are removable once they are ready without them.
Summary: It is a very cool-looking bike for boys and girls and they will stay hydrated because they have somewhere to put a water bottle. It also has a robust frame for everyday riding.
- Wheel frame is very sturdy, so its wheels are firmly held in place
- Comes with complete instructions, and explanations are on point
- Can still ride great on gravel, grass, and terrain
- Easy to assemble
- Seat size is kind of small, but that is replaceable, and the entire bike is still awesome
Heavy-duty training wheels: RoyalBaby Jenny & Bunny Girl’s Bike
RoyalBaby best bike for toddler comes in a beautiful pink color shade that girls will get crazy about. It has streamers on the handlebars, and there is a basket where they can put things they want to bring with them. It is the best toddler riding toy that has resin pedals and reflectors, so they are still visible even in the dark. The reflectors also make them visible to others on the street to avoid accidents.
Summary: An overall good product to give a little girl who wants to go on small adventures.
- Beautiful fuchsia shade for girls
- Heavy-duty training wheels that will not easily break
- Comes with bells and whistles that most brands do not have
- Adjustable training wheels
- Pedals sometimes fall off, but they only need to be checked and made tighter
BUYER’S GUIDE: BEST BABY NASAL ASPIRATOR
How to Choose the Best Toddler Bike
A parent must understand bike’s sizing first. The normal wheel size variations are 12”, 14”, 16”, 18”, 20”, and 24”. The wheel size is proportional to how big your kid is. The manufacturer should be able to give an answer on which size to get based on your child’s size.
Find out what the best brands of kids’ bikes are, and all of them are in this review. Those brands specifically designed their product for toddlers, which means they are based on the weight and geometry of a child.
It should be lightweight because if it is too heavy for them, they will find a hard time maneuvering it and they will be too tired to ride far.
Its brakes have to be responsive, and it is crucial to have a hand and foot brake so that in case one of them fails to work, there is a back-up.
Best Toddler Bike Types:
Schwinn Elm girl’s is the best because first of all, its frame is made according to the proportion of a child. The color combination is cute and adorable, and the seat has a very feminine drawing on it that reflects every little girl. Its training wheels are very durable and do not become flimsy because they are solidly attached.
Nice C BMX kids’ is the best for toddler boys because of its elegant black and champagne one-piece that is built to withstand little adventures. The frame has no welding to avoid accidents because of a broken frame.
Toddler Bikes with Push Handle
A push handle on a bike provides proper leverage for steering the bicycle. The push handle also helps to support it while your kid is trying to learn how to balance.
Toddler Electric Bike
A rechargeable battery powers a toddler electric bike, and it is built with sturdy tires that allow your child to have fun while riding on terrains. Further, your child does not have to pedal manually to make it move.
Bike Without Pedals for Toddlers
Retrospec Cub balance bike for kids is the best of its kind. The height and weight are both perfect for easy control that all toddlers need. It is built to promote proper coordination, increase confidence, and for the better balance once they start riding on 2 wheels. They look durable, and not to mention a solid-looking body and beautiful shades of colors.
Our Recommendation for 2020
Guardian Kids Bikes is our recommendation because of the lightweight steel construction and safe brake system. It is important that it is not too heavy for any kid to control and the brakes should be well-made.
Top-mom only reviews the best toddler bike because they want their child to have an unforgettable riding experience without compromising safety. The products listed here make it easy for any parent to finally come down to a decision on which one to get for their child. Every parent wants to give the best childhood, and getting an excellent bike for them counts a lot.
- 1 10 Best Toddler Bikes for Toddler Reviews
- 1.1 Best Overall: Guardian Kids Bikes
- 1.2 Powder-coated frame: Joystar Kids Bike
- 1.3 Best No Pedal: Retrospec Cub Kids Balance Bike
- 1.4 Easy to maneuver: Schwinn Elm Girl’s Bike
- 1.5 Best for beginner: Mongoose Legion Mag Freestyle Bike
- 1.6 Best For Paw Patrol Fan: Nickelodeon Bicycle
- 1.7 Best Dual Disc Brake: Nice C BMX C Kids Bike
- 1.8 Good balance: Dynacraft Magna Throttle Boys
- 1.9 Easy to assemble: RoyalBaby Freestyle Kid’s Bike
- 1.10 Heavy-duty training wheels: RoyalBaby Jenny & Bunny Girl’s Bike
- 2 BUYER’S GUIDE: BEST BABY NASAL ASPIRATOR
- 3 Our Recommendation for 2020