Best Swim Diapers - Top 10
Best Reusable Cloth Swim Diaper: Ecoable Hybrid Reusable Swim Diaper Review
It’s now time to go eco-friendly with Ecoable reusable and washable swim diapers. This hybrid cloth nappy comes with a removable bamboo booster pad that can be used for extra protection.
These reusable baby diapers come in three sizes to fit infants, toddlers and up to 10-year-old special needs kids. The side snaps and stretch waist, make wearing and removing the diapers easy, even for potty training.
Why We Like It?
- Eco-friendly washable, reusable swimsuit, training pants
- Easily removed and worn using its side snaps, stretchy waist
- Available in three sizes for infants, toddlers, special needs kids up to 10 years
- Removable bamboo booster pad for additional protection
- Pack includes 3 hybrid cloth underwear, bamboo inserts
- Designed in the USA but made in China
Best Newborn Swimsuits: Nageuret Reusable Swim Diaper Review
Nagueret’s line of swim underwear is eco-friendly because they are reusable. It’s also adjustable between sizes N and 5 and 8-36lbs, saving you money in the long run. Besides, Nageuret’s beach baby swimsuits are known to last longer than most leading single-size reusable brands.
Newborn swimsuits come with a very soft premium polyester mesh interiors. Its outer shell is made of premium breathable, waterproof 100% polyester cloth with original prints. They are washable with adjustable CPSIA-tested snaps that adjust around the waist and legs in three different sizes.
Why We Like It?
- Comes with a 1-year money-back guarantee, with a new diaper
- The company donates 5% of annual sales to Compassion International
- Eco-friendly, reusable, stylish swim nappies
- One diaper fits sizes N-5
- Have adjustable CPSIA-tested snaps
Best Disposable Swim Pants: Splashers Disposable Swim Diapers from Pampers Review
If you need disposable swim diapers for the pool or beach, Pampers Splashers may be just what you need. It’s designed for your baby to enjoy the water without worrying about accidents and possible pool evacuations.
These toddler swimsuits don’t absorb and swell in water like regular baby diapers. So it gives your baby a comfortable fit when both wet and dry. The Dual Leak-Guard barriers make a snug fit around your baby’s legs to contain messes effectively.
It has a 360 degrees stretch waistband which makes it fit like swimwear. Removing soiled nappies is easy thanks to its Easy-Tear Sides.
Why We Like It?
- Disposable swimsuits that do not swell like regular diapers in water
- Dual Leak-Guard helps contain poop well
- Easy-Tear sides make its removal so much easier
- A 360° stretch waistband gives a snug fit
Best Swim Diapers for Baby Girl: Sun Smarties Floral Baby Girl Swim Diaper Review
Sun Smarties nappies are imported swimsuits meeting public pools’ stringiest health rules. This means your baby doesn’t have to wear any additional diaper in the water.
The nappies are made of 82% nylon and 18% elastane with non-chafing elastic edging. It helps to contain solid waste effectively and is comfortable for swimming. Its single waterproof polyester fabric layer makes a comfortable swimsuit.
Exterior quick-drying fabric provides UPF 50+ sun protection throughout the day. It’s not chemically treated, making it safe for sensitive skin. Double-stitched seam offers maximum durability to last through the season.
- Safe to use in pools without additional nappies
- Comes with a non-chafing elastic edging
- The quick-drying exterior layer provides UPF 50+ sun protection
- Perfect for sensitive skin
- Double stitched seams offer maximum durability
- Complaints of diapers being too snug without a larger alternative
Best Toddler Swim Diaper: IPlay Snap Reusable Swimsuit Diaper Review
IPlay reusable diapers reviews state, that these napkins are attractively colored and easy to use, perfect for a baby. It comes with snaps on the sides that make putting it on and taking it off so much easier.
The swimsuit has a slightly absorbent lining which unlike most swim nappies, can contain both urine and poop. It fits snugly enough so that there is no accidental leakage in pools.
Cleaning is also easy because it is machine washable and just has to be hung to dry. Iplay also comes in various sizes from small to 4T, perfect to use for a long time to come. It’s also eco-friendly made of 100% polyester and PVC free.
- Attractively colored, made of 100% polyester
- Available in various sizes, approved for pool use
- Can contain both urine, poop
- Snaps on sides make it easy to wear, take off
- Gives a snug fit to prevent accidents
- Peeling down soiled nappy can create a mess
- Complaints of the nappy being smaller than advertised
Best Design: Babygoal Reusable Baby Swim Diapers Review
Babygoal reusable swim nappies are made of high-quality materials, and perfect for baby girls and boys. This is a one-size-fits-all swim diapers thanks to its adjustable S, M or L size feature.
Just snap it close using the different buttons on the nappy. It’s better to however buy a bigger sized diaper for babies with thicker legs. This is a washable, reusable swimsuit with an outer waterproof and breathable PU polyester layer.
Its inner polyester mesh is not only easy to clean, but also comfortable for baby’s sensitive skin. The nappy can be safely washed in the washing machine, and it also dries quickly. The easily removable, and soft Lycra leg bindings and elastics at leg openings and waist, give a secure fit.
- A reusable, waterproof swimsuit that is washing machine safe
- Has an outer waterproof polyester layer, are BPA, Latex, Phthalate free
- 100% money-back guarantee or replacement in a year if unsatisfied
- Ideal for both boys and girls
- Practically grows with your baby with its size adjustability features
- Leaves marks on stomach or legs
- Complaints of it not being absorbent
Best Reusable: Thirsties Cloth Nappies Review
Swimming with your baby needn’t be too expensive with Thirsties swim diapers. This is not a disposable, but reusable cloth napkins which you can wash, reuse after every swim. You eventually end up saving money in the long run.
They come in 5 fun prints and are made using the best quality materials in their Montreal factory. The materials used, are mainly sourced from North America and are guaranteed to be phthalate and BPA free.
The swimsuit is a one-size fit all with adjustable snaps, making it a long time investment. The snaps not only give a snug fit but make cleaning easy too.
- BPA and phthalate-free
- Reusable cloth swim diapers that can be washed, reused
- Made using the best quality materials in Montreal
- One-size fits all swimsuits
- Comes in 5 colorful prints
- Not a ‘one-size’ swim diaper for large size babies
Best Reusable Swim Diaper: IPlay Ruffle Girls Snap Reusable Swim Diaper Review
With an IPlay design comprising of 3 layers Girls snap reusable swim diaper, you don’t need additional nappies to take your baby swimming. This baby reusable swim diaper is approved for pool use thanks to the company’s 29 years of manufacture expertise.
IPlay reusable swim diaper comes with a wicking liner that helps prevent nappy rashes. It also has an absorbent inner layer, that keeps your baby protected against messes. Its waterproof exterior layer gives a tight fit at legs and waist to protect, and prevent embarrassing pool accidents.
The reusable cloth swim diaper is made of 100% polyester and trim and lightweight that promotes free movement. It’s machine washable and comes with durable side snaps for easy on-and-off.
- Backed by 29 years of manufacturer experience
- Patented 3-layer designed girls’ swimsuit with durable side snaps
- Approved for pool use
- Wicking liner prevents nappies rash while the exterior layer gives a snug fit
- Made of 100% polyester, machine washable
- Better to order next size for bulky babies
- Complaints that snaps are difficult to open
- Single-sided snap makes cleaning diapers difficult
Best Waterproof Diapers For Swimming: ALVABABY Reusable Swim Diapers Review
This Alva Baby waterproof swim diaper review tells you that Alvababy offers stylish, trim and attractively designed swimsuits. Not only are they waterproof, but they are also reusable and designed to fit any baby. They will go well when worn with the best baby sun hat.
It’s 3-3 snaps adjust around legs and waist to accommodate three different diapers sizes as per baby’s swimsuit height. It’s made of 100% waterproof PUL outer layer with polyester interiors.
With elastics around the waist and legs, they are easy to put on and take off. The soft Lycra bindings provide a secure and stretchy fit. A reusable swim diaper which saves you money in the long run.
- Has a 1-year guarantee
- Elastic, Lycra around the waist, legs give a snug fit
- Have waterproof PUL layer, a polyester inner layer
- A reusable diaper that fits most babies
- Easily put on and take off
- Complaints of it being too small
- Has cheap buttons
Best Disposable Swim Diapers: Disposable Little Swimmers Diapers Review
This Huggies pack of 12 disposable swim diapers come with attractive pink and blue Disney and Pixar designs. They are made using a unique highly absorbent material. This prevents it from swelling up in water like regular nappies.
These inexpensive disposable swim diapers come with stretchy sides for added comfort and tear-away seams to easily put on and remove them. There’s a label indicating the backside to minimize confusion while its special leak guards prevent embarrassing leakages.
- Comfortable with stretchy sides, tear-away seams
- Available in two colors blue, pink making a great baby shower gift
- Doesn’t swell in the water thanks to its unique absorbent material
- Special leak-guards prevent accidents
- Has a back side label
- Doesn’t hold poop well
Buyer’s Guide: All You Need to Know About Baby Swim Diapers
These swim diaper reviews tell you what reviewers have to say about the best diapers for swimming. It’s now time for you to select the baby’s best swim diapers. This buyer’s guide will help you by providing you with relevant information to buy the best swim diaper 2020. It guides you through different types of swim nappies, features to look out for and answers to some FAQs.
Do Baby Swimming Diapers Really Work?
It depends on how you take a look at it. It’s true that swimsuits do not absorb urine. However, this is for a reason. There is no point in a swimming pool with water all around.
Besides, even if it did absorb urine, then baby water diaper ends up soggy. Any fecal matter on it will get soggy and increases the possibility of leakage.
So, when it comes to containing poop, well most of the swimsuits do contain it well, or a certain amount of time. It’s better to make sure your child poops before entering the pool.
Besides, if your baby wears a regular swim diaper to the pool they only end up soaking tons of water. The nappy gets so heavy that your baby feels uncomfortable in it. With diapers for swimming preventing all this, you can say that it does work. Just make sure that it gives a snug fit to your baby.
Types of Baby Swim Diapers
There are basically two types of baby swim diapers, with their individual pros and cons. They are:
As the name suggests these are single-use nappies to be thrown away. They don’t have adhesives on back tabs that wrap to the front. They instead attach to sides of the hips which provides for easier removal and minimal cleanup.
A better option if you don’t take your baby out for regular swimming
No maintenance because you just throw soiled swim diaper in trash
Can get expensive for regular swimmers
Meant for only single use
Looks more like nappies
Contains plastic which takes 500 years to degrade
Yes, you’ve guessed right! These swimsuits can be used many times because they are reusable. They can be easily washed after each use, some are even safe to use in washing machines.
They come in various closure styles like Applecheeks with snaps, Velcro or pull-up designs. It’s always better to buy at least two reusables so that there is always one washed and ready to use.
Cheaper option if you take your baby swimming regularly
Environmentally friendly option
Resembles regular swimsuits
Feels soft against baby’s skin
Generally gives a better fit
Has to be washed each time it’s used
Some find it difficult choosing between different designs
What Should I Look for in Best Toddler Swim Diaper?
Here is a list of features to look out for, while looking for the best toddler swimsuits:
Look for nappies made with good quality materials and have positive reviews about functionality and use. It’s no point buying even cheap swim diapers that are not up to the task.
You may have to try a few brands and sizes before you find perfect fitting baby swim diaper. Your baby will feel like swimming only with comfortable swimwear.
Look for swimsuits you can afford, especially if you plan to take your baby regularly out for swimming. This means you need to look around and make comparisons before finally settling with one.
It’s important you choose right-sized swim diaper for a baby that fits tighter than normal swimsuits. There’s a reason for the tight fit, to contain the baby’s poop and prevent any leakage.
However, do not buy too tight swimwear that leaves uncomfortable and painful red marks on your baby’s thighs and waist. Conversely, too loose swimsuits won’t be useful for holding anything inside.
The swim diaper should be comfortable for your baby who will be in the water for a long time. Something made of coarse or scratchy material only leads to rashes.
Most baby diapers for swimming come in tightly weaved polyester while cheaper ones have a loose nylon weave. Polyester diapers are better for babies with extremely sensitive skin.
How Does a Diaper for Swimming Work?
As mentioned in the previous answer, diapers for swimming pool are designed to fit snugly, hold in only poop. They are not absorbent enough to absorb urine because if it was, then it would end up absorbing pool water. The napkin then ends up heavy or uncomfortable for your baby.
Our Recommendation for 2020
If you are looking for a recommendation for the best swim diaper, we at Top-Mom feel it’s Ecoable Hybrid Reusable Swim Nappy. Its eco-friendly in design made of cloth with a removable bamboo nappy booster pad.
These best reusable swim nappies are available in three sizes for you to choose from. It has snaps, stretch waist that makes removing and wearing it so easy. You can use the best swim diaper 2020 for potty training too if not for swimming. Besides, there are no disadvantages associated with it so far.
- 1 Best Swim Diapers - Top 10
- 1.1 Best Reusable Cloth Swim Diaper: Ecoable Hybrid Reusable Swim Diaper Review
- 1.2 Best Newborn Swimsuits: Nageuret Reusable Swim Diaper Review
- 1.3 Best Disposable Swim Pants: Splashers Disposable Swim Diapers from Pampers Review
- 1.4 Best Swim Diapers for Baby Girl: Sun Smarties Floral Baby Girl Swim Diaper Review
- 1.5 Best Toddler Swim Diaper: IPlay Snap Reusable Swimsuit Diaper Review
- 1.6 Best Design: Babygoal Reusable Baby Swim Diapers Review
- 1.7 Best Reusable: Thirsties Cloth Nappies Review
- 1.8 Best Reusable Swim Diaper: IPlay Ruffle Girls Snap Reusable Swim Diaper Review
- 1.9 Best Waterproof Diapers For Swimming: ALVABABY Reusable Swim Diapers Review
- 1.10 Best Disposable Swim Diapers: Disposable Little Swimmers Diapers Review
- 2 Buyer’s Guide: All You Need to Know About Baby Swim Diapers
- 2.1 Do Baby Swimming Diapers Really Work?
- 2.2 Types of Baby Swim Diapers
- 2.3 What Should I Look for in Best Toddler Swim Diaper?
- 2.4 How Does a Diaper for Swimming Work?
- 3 Our Recommendation for 2020