Best Tampons for Swimming – TOP 10
In the sea of different brands, o.b has always had a special place. With decades-long history and designed by a woman for women o.b. never ceases to amaze buyers. If you are looking for the best tampon to wear while swimming with amazing absorbing capacity, then this might be a good option. These O.b Super Plus Tampons come without applicator which can be complicated for beginners, but once you get used to it, you will be happy not to add up to plastic waste. They are made of polyester/ polyethylene materials but are completely chlorine and asbestos-free.
Why We Like It?
- Great absorbing capacity
- Reduced plastic waste
- Easy to carry
Tampax Pearl Tampons are an excellent choice for those women and girls who have lighter periods. They come with a plastic applicator which makes use quite easy even for absolute beginners but not environment. Another important thing about this brand is that they have high-quality Leak Guard Braid, so you can rest assured it is leak free for several hours.
Why We Like It?
- Great for light to medium flow
- Easy application
- Good for beginners
If you are looking for a product that is 100% percent natural then Veeda Natural Tampons are a great choice. They are not only the best organic tampons, but they are also made of 100% non-GMO cotton, and absolutely do not contain toxins. Veeda is making items both with and without applicators. Applicators are BPA – plastic-free as Veeda takes care of health and the same time environment.
Why We Like It?
- Doesn't come with an applicator
- Safe and toxin-free
Whether you like swimming, cycling, running, or any other physical activity, this is a good option. They are made with Motion Fit technology that makes leak-free exercises possible while on your period. Because of great ForFit protection, they can expand to adjust to the body’s unique shape, and Smooth Removal Layers gives you great comfort during your workouts. The one negative side that we think is the biggest when it comes to these different-sized tampons is that it's a bit pricey when you consider the number of pieces in one package.
- Great for physical activities
- Follows your shape
Super Kotex Click Compact Tampons are designed with fantastic absorbing capacity. They can absorb 12-15 grams of blood, which is one-third of the total blood loss you experience during your period. Relying on that high absorbency, you can be sure you won't have to deal with any menstruation-related embarrassment. Even if they have a smooth tip that should ensure quick and easy insertion, it seems it doesn't fit well all shapes.
- High absorbency
- Small in size
- Problems with insertion
The reason why we say these are excellent classic tampons for beginners is due to their super easy insertion. They have a little edge on the applicator that enables you to insert it much more comfortable than with any others that you can find on the market. They include 360-degree sport-level protection that comes with fantastic FlexFit technology, which makes them great to prevent leaks. As they come in a pack of 2, with 25 pieces in each box, they are quite affordable. However, they don't have a high absorbing capacity, so they are more designed for women with lighter periods.
- Easy insertion
- Not suitable for heavy flow
This digital tampon is a fantastic product if you take care of not only your but planet’s health as well. The seventh-generation allows you to put an end to the use of all those scented, chlorine-bleached products. Numerous gynecologists test them and prove to be 100% hypoallergenic, without added fragrances and deodorants. These are good overall, but the package is too complicated and difficult to open each tampon.
- Great for sensitive skin
- Problems with package
If you are a vegan or vegetarian, or just simply an animal lover, then you will be happy to know about Solimo Tampons. This product is 100% cruelty-free. In a pack, you get 4 boxes of 36 tampons at a more than affordable price, so these are really great for those on a tighter budget. They also come with a smooth applicator tip that makes the insertion a breeze. Each package contains regular, super, and light variants.
- Not tested on animals
- Low cost
- Low absorption capacity
Cora Organic was created with the desire to help girls in need to gain access to healthy menstrual products. They are organic tampons made of cotton without any added scents and chemicals. They should improve applicators a bit because they tend to get stuck occasionally making the insertion a bit complicated.
- Individual package
- Good mission
- Faulty applicator
These are decent tampons for the price. They arrive with a FITPACK case, which is durable and you can put up to three pieces when going to the gym or the beach. They are so comfortable that you will barely feel a sanitary product inside your vagina. These tampons are small in size, and you can carry them discreetly in a purse. The absorption capacity and the leak protection could be a bit improved, but this is, definitely, a good product for those who are on a lower budget.
- Good for sports
- A good option for women with a tighter budget
- Low absorbing capacity
- Weak Leak Protection
Buyers Guide: All You Need to Know About Tampons for Swimming
How to Choose the Best Tampons for Swimming
The absorbency grade of tampons, also called the “size,” will determine how much liquid it can hold before becoming useless. Tampons with different absorbency rates have varying names and color coding which depends on the brand. The general range of which from highest to lowest is Ultra, Super-Plus, Super, Regular, and Junior.
Ease of use
The best tampons for swimming will be easy to insert and remove. You should always pick tampons with just the right size. Swimming can be a very rigorous activity, and having a loose tampon might end up you losing it.
The best tampons for swimming should always offer durability. Some tampons that are low-quality or aren’t suited for swimming tend to absorb a lot of water. So if you have this kind of tampon, remove it immediately as you leave the water. In general, you should always change protection every time you enter a body of water for your health and also the people around you.
Types of Tampons for Swimming
1. Tampons with Applicator
2. Digital TamponsThese are the ones that do not come with an applicator of any kind. To insert it into your vagina you are supposed to push it inside using only your fingers (digit) thus the name digital. This is a bit more difficult to use as you can imagine, and, maybe, aren’t the most suitable for complete beginners.
First Time Swimming with Tampon – 7 Tips for Beginners
- Insert the tampon into your vagina. If it is the first time, it is important to know that you should be comfortable. Follow the instructions for insertion if you haven’t done it before.
- Check if it fits correctly. Do this by moving a little bit to see if you feel it in your vagina. If it feels weird — try to push it a bit further with a finger. The important thing is that when your period is almost at the end, sometimes best tampon for swimming pool won’t go completely.
- Tuck in the string. This is not necessary, as the only thing that can happen is that the string sticks out of your bathing suit. To be sure you can also cut it with scissors.
- Choose darker swimwear. It is necessary to avoid any embarrassment in the case of a leak.
- Replace it frequently. Even if most of them are designed to function between 4 -8 hours, it’s better to change one after every swim.
- Wear shorts. To be perfectly safe it’s good to wear them when you are not in the water.
- Enjoy swimming with a tampon for the first time. Now you are ready to start your favorite summer activity with no worries.