- 1 Top 10 Best Kids Dollhouses: Comparison Chart
- 1.1 Best Overall Dollhouse For 2 Year Old Baby
- 1.2 Best Modern Dollhouse For 3 Year Old
- 1.3 Best Durable And Nice Toddler Dollhouse
- 1.4 Best Wooden Doll House For Barbies - 360-angle Play
- 1.5 Most Popular Doll House With Rich Details
- 1.6 Best First Dollhouse For Nonstop Plays
- 1.7 Top Rated Gender-neutral Wooden Dollhouse For Toddler
- 1.8 Best Dollhouse For DIY Enthusiasts Boys
- 1.9 Best Girls Dollhouse For 3 Year Old
- 1.10 Best Dollhouse For 4-5 Year Old For “Frozen” fans
- 2 Buyer’s Guide
- 3 FAQ
- 4 Unboxing and Construction Dollhouse with Furniture - KidKraft Majestic Mansion (video tutorial)
- 5 Our Recommendation for the Best Dollhouse 2021
Top 10 Best Kids Dollhouses: Comparison Chart
Best Overall Dollhouse For 2 Year Old Baby
This best dollhouse for toddlers is a great beginning to start a collection of Calico Critters. The set includes 2-story, red-roof, cozy-furnished house and a bunny-girl character. This cool dollhouse can be attached to a 3-story large country home - parts of this home are sold separately. Each house comes with furniture and adorable characters, they are a happy family. This toy will spark your child’s imagination - your girl will collect houses and characters and create lots of stories. It teaches good values - kindness, love, a sense of community.
Due to these best dollhouse kits from Calico Critters collection, your little one can create a kind, cozy environment and learn wholesome values.
Why We Like It
- The characters are soft and plush
- The size of the toys is perfect for little hands
- The 2nd story floor is removable
- The stairs can be placed in any location
- Windows have shutters which open and close
Best Modern Dollhouse For 3 Year Old
This fancy dollhouse will stimulate your child’s creativity and hospitality since multiple kids can play with it. So, let your daughter give a party and children will create endless stories and play for hours! This amazing dollhouse features 4 levels, 6 rooms, and 2 balconies - it can accommodate lots of dolls. There is nice furniture; the decor is modern and lively. 12-inch dolls are good to fit this barbie dollhouse. Even mommies are impressed with it and gladly buy additional furniture and re-decorate the house! You can spend so many family hours playing with it!
To make it short, this finished dollhouse is big, beautiful, and built to last.
Why We Like It
- Very stylish and attractive
- Made of high-quality materials - plastic, wood, and MDF
- Easy to assemble
- Durable - good for kids hard on toys
Best Durable And Nice Toddler Dollhouse
This best wooden dollhouse features removable turrets, balconies, towers, walkways, and bridges. Children can play when the house is folded and open it for a more extended game. This victorian dollhouse may spark interest in history. Why not tell you little one about kings, queens, knights, and princesses? Removable parts of the castle are easy to install, so a kid can repose them to his/her taste.
The design of this dollhouse for boys and girls will always be up-to-date and match any decor. And it will not seem too 'babyish' when your child becomes older.
If your children like to play with castles - it is the best dollhouse for your family!
Why We Like It
- The castle is suitable for boys and girls
- Comes assembled and is ready to play with
- Durable wooden construction
- Manufacturer’s phone number on the toy, if you’ve got questions - call them
Best Wooden Doll House For Barbies - 360-angle Play
Your girl will love this best barbie dollhouse! It’s impressive with its size and features - 3 stories, 8 rooms, an elevator, a pool, a slide (going down from the 3d floor to the pool). This dollhouse for girls boasts a great design and nice furniture. It offers a lot of creativity! Most of the furniture does double duty and transforms into another piece of furniture (e.g., a fireplace turns into a home office). Your daughter can rearrange everything in the house according to her taste. Lights and sounds add more delight to the game.
Your child will stay engaged from early morning till late at night with this dollhouse for American girl dolls!
- Easy to assemble
- Made of durable plastic, the house doesn’t fall apart
- It comes with lots of accessories - furniture, dishes, etc.
- Endless storytelling for your daughter
- It’s among the most expensive dollhouses
Most Popular Doll House With Rich Details
This huge dollhouse by KidKraft unlocks your kid’s creativity and imagination - it’s a perfect spot for endless pretend plays! It’s a 4-story house with 9 rooms, 2 separate, large balconies, and elevator. The interior is luxurious, decor and furniture are stylish and vibrant. There is an oversized bathtub on the balcony. Some accessories such as treadmill, yoga mat, a bowl of salad on the table will teach your child a healthy lifestyle. Your girl will not overgrow this dollhouse for a long time, because even grown-ups (e.g., mommies) adore this 'happy place'!
Adults may feel envy looking at this perfectly-made, luxurious mansion. It’s one of the best dollhouses for kids!
- Made of high-quality materials - wood, plastic, steel, MDF, and fabric
- Durable and well-made
- All details are beautifully made
- Features sounds
- Complaints on the damaged details in the box
Best First Dollhouse For Nonstop Plays
This 4-level pink dollhouse is spacious enough to share pretending games with friends. It’s got 8 rooms, 34 pieces of furniture and lots of great accessories (antique clock, floor lamps, chandeliers, etc.). There is a garage with swinging doors, gliding elevator, big windows. This dollhouse is beautifully decorated: great wallcovering in all rooms, rich details, comfortable and nice furniture, pots with flowers. The furniture can be rearranged. Children can accommodate rather big dolls there - 12-30cm tall, which is a great option too. Your kiddos will play with this huge dollhouse nonstop!
This dollhouse for kids is a great investment since its smart construction, size and nice details will engage your child up to teenage years.
- Well-constructed - made of MDF, wood, and fabric
- Even teenagers love playing with it
- Made in the USA
- May be challenging to assemble
Top Rated Gender-neutral Wooden Dollhouse For Toddler
Hape has made an amazing wooden dollhouse. For those parents who love natural materials and want to cultivate the love of nature in the children, this toy is a perfect option. It’s a 3-story house with 6 rooms, there is all the necessary furniture and appliances; the design is cozy but minimalistic. This cool dollhouse looks very bright and modern. Staircase and furniture are movable so that a kid can re-decorate the house to his/her taste. There is a solar panel on the roof - you can explain your kiddos the benefits of using it. While playing with this dollhouse, you can discuss some environmental issues.
To make it short, it’s a bright, entertaining and durable dollhouse for toddlers, which will last for years.
- Solid wooden construction
- Used paints are safe for children
- Award winner
- Complaints on missing or broken parts in the package
- Poor customer service
Best Dollhouse For DIY Enthusiasts Boys
This fancy dollhouse is made for older children; it is not suitable for toddlers. This is a perfect gift for those who like construction and DIY-projects. A box is a present itself as it’s wonderful. The kit comes with parts that need to be assembled. After assembling, it can be used as a great decoration for a room. Children can start a collection of such miniatures. The design of this fancy dollhouse is terrific! The furniture, ornaments, pot plants, LED lights - everything looks realistic, modern, and beautiful.
If you want to spend some family time with your child - go and get this corner dollhouse! You’ll build a love for construction, have a good time together and DIY a lovely thing!
- Easy to assemble, just a little patience is needed
- Easy-to-understand, detailed manual with pictures
- No missing parts, as kits are inspected before delivery
- Contains lots of small parts
- You’ll need additional tools to put the toy together (e.g., glue, batteries)
Best Girls Dollhouse For 3 Year Old
This best dollhouse for 3-year-olds is big, beautiful and promotes endless fantasy storytelling! There are 5 rooms on 3 levels, plus a big balcony and elevator. 12 pieces of furniture are included in the kit. Your daughter can add other ornaments or furniture to make the house authentic. The design is modern but elegant and timeless, it’ll cultivate good taste in your girl. This dollhouse is big enough for multiple kids. However, it accommodates not that big toys - 4-inch dolls are good to go.
If you’d like to buy not only beautiful but also a sturdy dollhouse which will last for years - it’s a great option for the money.
- Made of wood, no splinters
- Durable, build to last
- Installation video is available
- A lot of stickers which peel up
Best Dollhouse For 4-5 Year Old For “Frozen” fans
Is your daughter in love with the “Frozen” movie? A Disney Frozen Ultimate Arendelle Castle Playset is for her! Your child will be able to relive the scenes with Elza, Anna, Olaf, and other characters. If she has been collecting them, such a dollhouse is a must-have for her! It’s a 4-level house with 7 rooms and a big balcony on the fourth level. Your girl will be impressed with the design - the Frozen-themed walls are beautifully painted, every piece of furniture fits the castle perfectly, the ice throne and chandelier add magic. It looks fantastic! This custom dollhouse can accommodate 14-inch dolls.
If you want to make a dream come true for a little lover of 'Frozen' - this castle is a must!
- Made of high quality plastic
- Moving balcony
- Makes a perfect gift for every Frozen fan
- May be challenging to assemble
Does Your Child need a Dollhouse?
Our firm answer is – yes! Here are advantages of playing with a dollhouse:
- inspires a child to make up endless stories
- sparks imagination and creativity
- enlarges his/her vocabulary
- improves motor skills
- improves communication & organizational skills
- teaches life skills
- teaches problem solving
Encourage your kiddos to play with friends, and he/she will double benefit from the best dollhouse! They can put there even dinosaur toys to make a game more interesting for boys.
How to Choose the Best Dollhouse?
Age of child
Mainly dollhouses are made for children with age range 3+ because they can contain small parts that are a health hazard for little children. However, some of the best dollhouses can be suitable toys for 2-year-old girls. Watch the manufacturer’s recommendations.
Wooden or plastic
Both materials are widely used by manufacturers. Get to know the pros of each.
- can be suitable toys for 7-year-old boys
Dolls and dollhouses made of plastic are:
- easy to clean and disinfect
- have smooth edges
- suitable for younger kids
The best dollhouse must have smooth edges without splinters; choose toys made of high-quality materials and safe paints. If a young child is playing with a dollhouse, do not leave him/her unattended if there are small parts.
It matters a lot! For what dolls is it intended? How much space do you have at home for a dollhouse? Which is better for you and a child – huge or miniature? Answer these questions before buying the best dollhouse.
Ease of Assembly
You can choose to buy assembled dollhouse, which is ready to play with right from the package. If you’re handy, you could purchase a dollhouse kit. Constructing such a kit can be a family-bonding project. However, watch if a toy has clear instructions or a You-Tub video on how to put it together. Otherwise, an assembly can be a frustrating process.
The best dollhouses come with accessories and furniture. It’s better when they are movable and easy to rearrange. You always can buy additional things for the house, e.g., best play kitchen.
What does your child prefer – realistic or fantasy details? It may also depend on the kid’s age – older girls and boys would like realistic houses and details rather than magic ones.
What is a Good Age for a Dollhouse?
The recommended age for playing with a dollhouse, as well as with a kid’s karaoke machine is 3+. Of course, younger children can play with such toys either, however, adults must supervise them.
What Type of Wood is Used to Make a Dollhouse?
Actually, there are lots of options. But mainly dollhouses are made of natural wood (the most expensive dollhouses); Baltic Birch plywood, Luan plywood, MDF (small objects); scale lumber (furniture, windows, doors) and cardboard (room- or breakaway boxes).
What Scale are Dollhouses?
Standard scales for dollhouses are:
- 1:6 – good for Barbie dolls
- 1:12 – suitable for younger children
More rare scales include:
- 1:16 – the company Brinca Dada uses this scale to produce their dollhouses and more.
- 1:24 – Europe and UK popular miniature scale. Some of dollhouses, trains and more miniatures are produced on such a scale.
- 1:48 – this scale is mainly used for making railroads or quarter-scale dollhouses.
What is the Best Dollhouse for a 4-year-old?
We think Calico Critters Cozy Cottage will make the best dollhouse for 4-year-old. The size of this house and the characters are perfect for small hands. The look of the kit is very attractive for this age. And, of course, the quality is high! This dollhouse is not too big. So, if you already have sizable toys, for example, a water table for kids, you’ll be able to accommodate them easily in your place.
Will Playing with Dollhouses Improve My Child’s Social Skills?
As it was mentioned above, playing with the best dollhouse has an overall positive psychological effect on children. Call his/her friends to your place as often as you can, let them play with a house, and soon you’ll see the next improvements in the child’s social skills:
- producing ideas
- Working in a team
- Sharing and taking things
- Listening and/or generating instructions
- Tackling different situations
Unboxing and Construction Dollhouse with Furniture - KidKraft Majestic Mansion (video tutorial)
Our Recommendation for the Best Dollhouse 2021
All the products from our list are top-rated dollhouses and deserve to be in your child’s collection. However, the Calico Critters Cozy Cottage is the winner due to the next features: the characters are great – soft and plush and perfectly sized for little hands, the 2-level house is beautiful and is equipped with necessary furniture. This kit is a part of the Calico Critters collection. We, at top-mom.com, do consider it the best dollhouse for toddlers 2021.
What makes the best dollhouse for your children? We would appreciate your comments and stories! Do write in the comment section below!