Best Walker for a Baby Learning to Walk: Top 10 Baby Walkers On The Market
Now, let’s look into the details of each of these products.
This top-rated baby walker from Chicco is designed with 3 different height adjustment options. This is an excellent baby walker for 6-month old and older kids.
This item folds compactly for storage. Its seat comes with a good amount of padding that keeps your child feeling comfortable.
Why We Like It
- Removable padded seat which is easy to wash and dry
- Multilingual play tray is removable and can be used to entertain a kid even when it is not using the gear
- Brake pads do their job neatly. The whole product halts as soon as it goes near a step
This great baby push walker would keep your kids entertained for hours. Modern design lets a kid sit or stand to access the play tray.
There is a large handle that is convenient for a kid to grasp. Plus, this walker has plenty of toys and activities, which help him/her to learn and grow.
Why We Like It
- Its build quality is one of the best traits of this product.
- Wheels feel solid.
- Nice height provided for the wheels makes this best baby walker for carpet floors.
This is a minimalist’s favorite in its styling. Clean lines, simple design, sturdy build all put together to make it a great walker for kids up to 30lbs of weight. It comes with strong swivel wheels and a huge tray, which is convenient for placing toys as well as for allowing a kid to self-feed. All in all, it’s one of the best toys for a 2-year-old girl or boy.
Why We Like It
- Its wide base design allows enough room for a kid to move its feet around without getting pinched
- This is one of the easiest items on our list to assemble
- Its large tray is dishwasher safe and the seat is machine washable
It comes in a cute Mickey Mouse themed design, and it’s one of the best baby walkers out there. There is a small tray and some toys are added to keep your kid engaged.
It’s designed for children who have learned to sit already without any help. It can be used for kids up to 26lbs of weight.
- There are 12 different songs and 3 toys to attract tiny tots
- Assembly, as well as storage of this item, is pretty convenient
- Its wide base feels sturdy and stable when a child moves around
- You cannot remove its tray in case of spills. But, you can easily wipe it clean.
The seat on this one offers nice padding. With this item, you can help your baby to walk and keep entertained for a long time.
This musical baby walker features a convenient height adjustment option with 3 levels, its toys provide sensory play for little ones.
- The toys provided on this are vibrant and attractive to the kids
- A tray is easy to remove
- A machine-washable seat cushion feels well-built and stays as good as new after several washes.
- Restricted sideways movement makes this one a bit difficult to handle. Its rear wheels only go backward and forward.
We just love its multiple play modes. You can use it as a push-walker thanks to its u-shaped base. When you remove the wheels, your kid will use this 3 in 1 baby walker as a stationery play zone or even bounce in his/her seat.
- 20 toys and activities provide seven different learning modes
- Wheel lock is tight and reliable
- Its seat removes easily and is convenient to wash
- This is one of the very few items that feature a 360-degree rotating seat
- Due to the low profile design, this one is not too smooth to use on a carpeted floor
It is one of the best baby walkers in a low budget segment. There are convenient height adjustments and a wide, stable base. Its low clearance at the base complemented by the foam pads prevents the adjustable baby walker from tumbling down when a baby goes near a step.
- You can easily remove its toy bar and use the tray for feeding
- Back padding on the seat makes it comfortable for kids
- It folds flat and occupies very little space when stored
- There are not too many fancy activities provided on this one
- Its seat is too easy to remove in some of the items. Therefore, you might find it dropping down when you pick your little one out
This one comes with 12 songs and several fun activities all inspired by Winnie the Pooh theme. Its play tray easily snaps into place, and you can remove it if you would like to use the food tray. It also makes the item compact enough to store. It is suitable for 4-months kids and older, babies up to 30 pounds of weight can use this baby walker for carpet.
- This is a pretty sturdy and comfortably designed product
- Its trays feature a swing-open design and parents can use them to hide treats
- We found this one to be very easy to assemble
- Locks for the wheels would make it better
Like the previous one on our list, this combi baby walker also has a swing-open activity or treats tray. There are activities with lots of lights, colors and sounds. A machine-washable seat comes with sufficient padding all over.
- We loved how this product folds with the structure nesting inside the bottom frame
- Its height adjustments are easy to make, and levels hold strongly
- The swing-open design allows you to expand the tray easily when required
- Additional flat grip on either side of the wheels to prevent from catching on any uneven surface
- This one, even in its lowest height setting, might feel a little tall for some kids
Previously, wooden variants were the most common ones used worldwide. To take you back to the good old days, this is the best walker for baby learning to walk. Featuring a wooden wagon-like design, it’s a great choice in the push walker segment. This walker is a kind of product that babies will not outgrow too soon
- The design feels solid and offers a great balance for little ones
- You can easily remove stakes at the sides of the wagon whenever required
- A front bumper is added to prevent scratches
- Stakes at the sides tend to get loose if you keep removing and assembling them too often
Buyer’s Guide For Picking The Best And The Safest Baby Walker
Have all these points in mind when you shop for one for your kid. There are features to look for while choosing walkers.
Types of Child Walkers
The first step is making up your mind on the kind of baby-walker you wish to invest in.
Seated and push-type walkers are the most common ones available. Nowadays, they all come with plenty of embedded activities. The former is of no use once the baby grows up. The seated ones also have a threshold weight or height limit. When you choose a seated walker, you might not be able to let your baby sit in it for a long duration.
With a sit-to-stand walker, babies can play for an extended period. This type of walker, however, might not be suitable for babies as young as six months or babies who still cannot stand without support.
So pick the right type of walker depending on the age of the baby and the duration for which you plan to use it.
Benefits of a Kids Walker
Safety Walker Features Are Important
The safety offered by any baby gear starts with a design and continues with dimensions and build quality. You would not be able to physically gauge the quality of a product unless you see one visually. This is where such best baby walker reviews and reviews from other parents can be useful.
Most of all those popular walkers come with a braking mechanism or wheel lockers to ensure that the wheels are immobile when required. Parents can use this feature to keep the walker in one place and let the child play with walker tray toys.
Some padded stoppers and grips are added near the wheels in some walkers. Chicco Baby Walker Walky Talky’s brake is an excellent example of such a safety feature. It prevents the item from moving when there is a hurdle or steps.
What Should I Look For In A Top-Rated Baby Walker?
So, which product impressed you most? Which one would you buy next for your precious little one? Before you finalize an option here are a few things to remember.
- While choosing a modern baby walker or any other device for your child, make sure that you fully understand its features and shortcomings.
- Do not ever leave your child in walkers unattended.
- Development happens at different speeds in different babies. Do not be disappointed if your baby has still not started walking.
- Though such devices can give babies confidence to get up and try to walk, they cannot make babies reach their milestones earlier.
- The portable baby walker is more like a toy rather than an aid that helps your child to grow or develop at a different pace. Therefore, you can choose it as a toy for a 2-year-old girl or boy rather than learning stuff to help in development. But it does have dual benefits and can help your child take his/her steps confidently.
You should also take into account the following.
Ensure that you choose one that your baby would be most comfortable in. It might only be a few minutes that you allow your baby in a walker, but even those few minutes count. Your baby might not like his or her device if he/she doesn’t feel comfortable in it. The amount of padding provided, the position of padding, everything plays a role in comfort.
Height adjustment is an essential feature that all the best baby walkers have. Not all kids of the same age are of the same height. Choosing one with convenient height adjustments ensures that you can set the right height for your baby to have an unrestricted movement.
Base Size And Shape
Most seated devices come with a rectangular base with wheels and it’s the base width that you should look at in the first place. Pick the baby walker with big wheels that comes with a broader base to ensure that your child’s feet don’t touch the base while walking so as not to get hurt.
Most baby-walkers are made of hard plastic. There are others with a metal frame and plastic trays and wheels. Choose one that feels solid in terms of build, no matter what the material is. There are wooden variants available as well. Do not choose those that are too light, they can easily topple and can be relatively unsafe.
Some products come with swivel wheels which enable them to move around in all directions and others can move forward and backward. The type of wheels determines the type of movement allowed in a walker. Choose one where wheels do not offer too much or too little friction. The type of wheels used and their positioning also determines the type of surface where your device can be put to use.
When Use Baby Walkers?
Walkers are designed to hold infants between the ages of 4 to 16 months. As a parent, you should not use such a device if your baby can walk. As soon as your kid can hold his/her head steady and feet touch the floor, he/she can technically use such a device.
A Final Word
Once you have compared all limitations and perks of owning a walker and a lot of safety concerns to keep in mind, you should also compare the features to choose a device that meets your expectations. From picking the best car seat protector to other gears, choosing multifunctional products makes a great value purchase. Look for walkers that your baby would not get bored too soon. Our Top Mom’s recommendation is the Chicco Baby Walker Walky Talky, as this item folds compactly for storage, its seat comes with a good amount of padding that keeps your child feeling comfortable. Plus, it’s very affordable.
All in all, choose something that falls within your budget. You would be able to find several best baby walkers 2020, which are quite affordable and durable. These are, therefore, long term purchases more like investments for your baby’s entertainment.