As fancy as the thought of undergoing micro-needling may sound, the journey towards rejuvenating your skin is incomplete without proper microneedling aftercare—lest your skin degenerates from good to worse! We bet you don’t want that to happen.
After having micro-needling, your skin is a lot more sensitive than before — so, you’ve got to give it that extra care. If you wish to achieve the radiant skin you’ve always craved after undergoing micro-needling, then, this article is a must-read for you. Now, questions like; what to put on your skin after microneedling, what to use after microneedling, best products to use after microneedling are probably flooding your mind right now. Rest easy, we’re going to be sharing with you some tricks about skin care after microneedling
Without much hassle, let’s get started.
What to expect after micro-needling?
Your skin has just been punctured with some sort of needle. So, yes, it would not heal immediately. The process usually leaves the skin sore, red, and slightly inflamed. But don’t fret! It’s part of the bumps to encounter in your skin rejuvenation Odyssey.
- Redness and inflammation
This is almost unavoidable after micro-needling. But the good news is that it will only last a day or two. And this awful feeling can be soothed with very affordable remedies. For redness and inflammation, you can simply apply a cooling face mask or serums—antioxidant serums have proven to be very useful in reducing skin irritation.
Micro-needling aftercare is what your skin needs?
First, you must bear in mind that the healing process after micro-needling is not as fast as you may expect. The time frame it takes to heal is usually between three to five days.
However, we have had some people complain that their skin takes even longer to heal. In such cases, it is advised that you see your healthcare provider or your micro-needling specialists.
Below, we have outlined a couple of things your skin needs after micro-needling. And be sure to take them seriously!
- Mild and regular Cleaning
This is the very first thing your skin needs after your skin-needling process. In cleaning your skin, make use of lukewarm water, and also stay clear of deep cleansers (no-go-area after micro-needling). All you need is a mild cleanser and your clean hands.
- Collagen stimulation
Stimulation of collagen is the main target of micro-needling as they help improve skin elasticity and reduce wrinkles. Hence, you need to do a lot in stimulating more collagen by using collagen-stimulating peptides.
- Hydration and Moisture
After microneedling, your skin tends to get dry and flaky. It is okay if this happens. What you need do is get your hands on hypoallergenic cream, or you could apply hyaluronic acid. Don’t also forget the natural ingredients for hydrating and use moisturizer after microneedling your skin— also you can try coconut oil or aloe vera after microneedling. Also, ensure that you increase your water intake.
- Serums and Sunscreen
Your skin needs an antioxidant serum to soothe it while it heals. Sunscreens are also a must-have if you want to protect your skin from sunburn.
Best products to use after micro-needling
While some products will do your skin a lot of good and help complete your mission of skin rejuvenation successfully, there are a couple of products that you should strictly turn your back on— because they are capable of damaging your skin! So, we’ll be taking you through the best products after microneedling, and exactly what to put on your skin after micro-needling.
- Chemical-free sunscreen
You must avoid chemicals as much as possible because your skin is super sensitive after micro-needling. We advise that you get the UVA/UVB model. And apply it daily to achieve the best result.
- Mineral-based face sunscreen with 9.0% transparent zinc oxide
- Facial sunscreen for sensitive skin types prone to acne, rosacea and hyperpigmentation, calms and protects acne-prone skin
- Face sunscreen contains niacinamide (vitamin B3), hyaluronic acid and lactic acid, ingredients that promote the appearance of healthy-looking skin.
- Broad-spectrum SPF 46 physical sunscreen for the face. Contains antioxidants.
- Dermatologist-recommended mineral facial sunscreen is fragrance-free, paraben-free, sensitivity-free, oil-free and noncomedogenic
- Non-acidic cleansers — the mild ones
Do not use deep and acidic cleansers. The mild and non-acidic ones are not a bad idea; they are the perfect example of what to put on your skin after microneedling!
- Gentle purifying foaming face wash cleanser for normal skin to oily skin suitable for sensitive skin
- Formulated with La Roche Posay Prebiotic thermal water, Ceramides, Niacin amide and Glycerin
- Soap free; Oil free; Fragrance free; Non comedogenic; Allergy tested; Paraben free
Serums help to hasten skin recovery and reduce skin irritation. Using antioxidant serums will help give your skin the ideal microneedling aftercare
- ANTIOXIDANT FACE SERUM - Vitamin C blends with Botanical Hyaluronic Acid, Vitamin E, Witch Hazel, and Jojoba Oil to promote your skin's response to signs of aging like brightness, wrinkles, & dark spots
- OUR CUSTOMERS KNOW BEST - Don't just take our word for it, see thousands of reviews from real Amazon customers rave about brighter, fresher looking skin
- PLANT-BASED FORMULATION - No added synthetic colors, fragrances, parabens, phthalates, sulfates, PEGs, or GMOs. Our active botanicals combine in a silky smooth anti-aging serum that can be used day or night.
- CERTIFIED CRUELTY FREE by Leaping Bunny, our Vitamin C facial serum is also formulated and bottled in the USA for guaranteed freshness
- EXTENDED MANUFACTURER GUARANTEE - Love it or your money back! If for any reason you decide this product isn't a good fit for your skin, we offer a 90-day money-back refund
- Hyaluronic acid
Does your skin feel dry and itchy? Here is a tip— hyaluronic acid helps to keep your skin moisturized and elastic without clogging your pores.
- Natural Skin Moisturizer: organic hyaluronic acid serum contains hydrating and plumping properties to combat dryness. 100% pure serum provides intense moisture to your skin, making it look naturally bright and appealing
- Skin-friendly Face Lotion: face serum is safe for dry, sensitive skin. Hypoallergenic, paraben-free, cruelty-free, vegan skincare essential provides required moisture to the skin without making it dry
- Anti-Aging Serum: skin care moisturizer contains hyaluronic acid, a highly useful ingredient that helps turn back the clock on ageing. It helps reduce fine lines and wrinkles, lift away age spots and brighten up the skin for youthful luminescence
- Usage Instruction: skin care serum is light on skin and easy to use. Recommended to apply serum after cleansing and toning your skin. Pat one or two drops of organic serum to promote absorption. Safe to use in the morning as well as night
- Multipurpose Skin Serum: this anti-ageing skin care offers multiple benefits to your skin. Apart from hydrating, the serum helps tighten pores, firm facial counters to provide youthful appearance to your skin and helps in treating pigmentation issues
A gentle application of hypoallergenic creams after microneedling and lotions on your skin will go a long way in moisturizing your skin. Alternatively, natural oil like coconut oil can also serve as a good moisturizer for your skin.
- Works well on both dry and sensitive skin.
- Parabens-free and boosted with vitamins A, C & E.
- Formulated with proven antioxidants.
- For best results, should be applied twice a day or whenever skin feels dry.
Micro-needling aftercare precautions
- Avoid touching your face—some harmful bacteria may be feasting on your hands. It may be a bit difficult because we know you can’t wait to feel your gradually glowing skin. However, the wait is worth it.
- No steam baths. Also, avoid the gym and activities that will make you sweat.
- Keep your skin away from the sun, for at least 7 days after micro-needling.
- Steer clear of beauty products with hydroquinone—they will be too harsh on your skin.
You might also want to check out the best microdermabrasion machines to use for micro-needling.
Ingredients & products to avoid
You might probably be the type that can’t do without applying make-up daily. But you know what? Some of your favorite makeup usually contain toxic chemicals like; parabens, titanium dioxide, and fragrance— all of which will not be friendly to your now-delicate skin. So, take a short break from make-up till your skin heals completely!
As effective as it may be in the stimulation of collagen, it hardly comes without its side effects like redness, flaking, and irritation. Medical experts recommend to wait few weeks before use retinol after microneedling.
This is a no-go zone for your skin.
- Products with hydroquinone
As indicated earlier, they are very harsh on the skin and not advisable, regardless of their benefits.
How long does micro-needling take to heal?
On average, micro-needling takes between 3-5 days to heal once you take the right treatments and precautions.
Now, you must have got a hang of what to put on your skin after microneedling. So, we would like to know what your choice will be among our recommendations. And if you have any challenge in taking precautions—or any opinion or suggestions, kindly drop them all in the comment box. At top-mom.com, your satisfaction is our utmost priority!