Top 10 Best Toddler Snow Boots: Comparison Table
Best Overall: Sorel Snow Commander Snow Boot Review
- READY FOR WINTER: A serious snow boot that's ready for snow, ice and everything in between; The go-to that keeps them cozy during snowball fights and sledding
- COZY AND CHIC: A winter boot that's as cozy as it is chic; Made with synthetic textile and lined with fleece for a little extra comfort and warmth
- ALL-DAY WARMTH: Features 200g of insulation to keep little toes warm as temperatures drop; 2.5 mm bonded felt frost plug in the midsole provides extra insulation
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION: Waterproof thermal rubber shell with multi-directional lug outsole provides extra grip for snowy and icy conditions
- FUNCTION MEETS FASHION: SOREL creates bold, always-ready footwear that's built to take on non-stop days and nights in the city
Great Versatility: GUBARUN Waterproof Slip Resistant Cold Weather Snow Boots Review
- Material - Cotton & furry which is comfy, cozy, light weight and warm.
- Waterproof (Blue Blue - Water resistant textile keeps kiddos' feet warm & dry in deep snow.
- Anti-skid - Textured outsole offer perfect slip resistance.
- Easy On & Easy Off - Hook & loop side opening makes these snow boots so much easier for kids to put them on by themselves.
- Occasion - Great for walking, camping, hiking and sledding ski trip in cold weather.
Insulation Rated to -25F: DREAM PAIRS Winter Snow Boots Review
- Shaft measures approximately 9" from arch
- Boot opening measures approximately 9" around
- FITTING TIPS: Full Size Only, Order Half Size Up For Loose Fit!
- Cold-weather boot featuring waterproof shell bottom unit, 200g Thermolite insulation rated to -25F, and one pull bungee lacing system
- Waterproof shell bottom unit, 200g Thermolite insulation rated to -25F
Easy to Put: Kamik Snobuster1 Insulated Snow Boot Review
- Insulated-rubber snow boot with lightweight waterproof shell featuring adjustable snow collar with grab-lace lock
- Moisture-wicking lining
Top for Girls: Apakowa Insulated Fur Winter Warm Snow Boots Review
- Shaft measures approximately 7.5" from arch
- Side Zipper for easy on and off
- Thickening lining
- Synthetic sole
For Harsh Winter: Kamik Waterbug5 Snow Boot Review
- Built in USA
- Comfort Rated -40F
- Waterproof nylon upper with adjustable snow collar and Easy-Grab Lace Lock
- 8 mm Zylex removable liner (97% recycled content)
- Adjustable midfoot hook and loop strap with easy-grip rubber tip
Great Brand: LONDON FOG Girls Toddler Tottenham Snow Boot Review
- also available in bigger sizes for girls, on a different listing called, london fog tottenham girls snow boot
- Fur Topline
- Warm Lined
- Man Made Outsole
- Synthetic Upper
Great for Boys: Northside Toddler Insulated Winter Snow Boot Review
- Tough waterproof shell bottom with winter traction outsole
- Fixed berber lining is warm and fuzzy over 200 grams of thermolite insulation provides a rating of -25 degrees
- Adjustable hook and loop strap helps secure foot in place with top toggle closure keeps the warmth in and the elements out
- Reflective heel pull provides added safety
Good Price: EQUICK Waterproof Lightweight Snow Boots with FurReview
- WARM PLUSH INSIDE: The lining of girl snow boots is soft and thick plush faux fur, so as to keeps feet warm and comfortable all-day long. It's perfect for winter's worst days.
- ANTI-SLIP OUTSOLE: The toddler winter shoes sole is made from higher quality material which have great friction, slip-resistant and waterproof sole, the non-skid bottom makes the snow boots waterproof than other boots, keeps your kids safety in any kind of outdoor activities.
- WATERPROOF BOOTS MATERIAL: Boys and girls winter boot is crafted of waterproof textile construction to keep you warm and dry during the chilly weather.
- ADJUSTABLE CLOSURE: The winter boot features a convenient velcro closure for an adjustable, Easy to pull on and off for kids by themselves, so toddler boots is secure fit.
- GREAT GIFT FOR KIDS: This lightweight warn boots suitable for cold weather winter days, great for activities like camping hiking running playing sledding ski trip. Snow Boots brings the happiness to every member and winter boots provide a happy place and true relaxation for kids feet.
Features for Additional Comfort: Columbia Unisex-Child Snow Boot Review
- WATERPROOF SNOW BOOT: The seam-sealed construction is made from a waterproof synthetic leather and nylon textile containing recycled 6mm washable recycled felt liner will provide all day dry comfort against the wettest of snow conditions.
- SUPER WARM INSULATION: The perfect combination of function and classic alpine style, these youth boots are packed with deep 400g insulation, sure to keep their feet warm and cozy in the cold white extremes.
- COLD WEATHER TRACTION: Built to dig in — in the extremes — the Columbia Youth Powderbug Plus II Snow Boot is made from a durable one-piece injection molded TPR shell and outsole.
- HANDY FEATURES: The perfect easy entry slip-on boot, with an adjustable hook and loop ankle closure strap. It includes a drawcord adjustable gaiter to cinch in warm and dry feet, while locking out the snow.
- TEMPERATURE RATINGS: Rated -25F/-32C for cold, heavy snow days.
What are snow boots and why does your kid need one?
Snow boots vs. winter boots: Is there any difference?
Choosing snow boots for toddlers: Main features to look out for
Main elements of snow boots explained
UppersThe uppers part of snow gumboots can be made of quilted or padded nylon, leather, textile, suede, etc. Note that leather wellingtons are generally a little expensive. And if you go for leather boots don’t forget to treat them with beeswax to preserve elasticity and shine. Uppers protect your child’s feet from the snow and manufacturers double down on the protection against moisture by adding sealed seams. The inner is lined with soft synthetic far or fleece. Also, a cozy fit cuff at the top portion of the boot offers extra warmth.
Midsoles and insolesPadded insoles and midsoles provide better shock absorption and extra cushioning. They’re made of lightweight compression foam called EVA or Ethylene-Vinyl Acetate copolymer. Note that expensive gumboots have more supportive midsoles. Toddler cold weather boots with a molded footbed, better for foot arch support. You will find wellingtons with footbed covered with fabric or faux sheepskin. Great thing is that these boots are suitable for everyday use.
Inner liningsEven the models of cheap toddler snow boots are insulated with materials like PrimaLoft, Thinsulate, fleece, Polartec, or synthetic fur. Among these, synthetic fur is the most common insulator because it is breathable and reduces chafing against the skin. Furthermore, any trace of moisture will quickly evaporate from synthetic fur. Hence you can be assured that your child doesn’t have to walk around with damp feet. High levels of insulation (200-400 grams) are appropriate for your toddler’s first ski trip. Some gumboots have one layer of thick fleece while others come with many layers of insulation. Generally, the best winter boots for toddlers are lined with an extra faux fur layer to make it more comfortable. The anti-microbial inner lining prevents the accumulation of bacteria and removable linings are washable.
OutsolesThe best snow boots for toddlers have flexible soles with deep treads that help maintain a solid grip on uneven, icy surfaces. Outsoles are generally made of flexible rubber. A great fit and allow for circulation of warmth. Plus they’re waterproof, thus great for snowy and wet surfaces. Rubber soles are also resistant to skidding and abrasion, so your little one won’t slip on the snow. And to top it all off they’re long-lasting, so the only reason you would have to buy new boots is when your kid outgrows them.
OutersThe waterproof outer sides of the boots can be made of suede, full-grain or brushed leather, or even nubuck. Sometimes PU leather is also used.
Other things to consider
Lower and upper limits of temperatureTemperature range is one of the first things you should consider before buying winter boots for 1-year-old. A temperature rating will tell you the minimum temperature at which your kiddo should be wearing that particular boot. Winter gumboots come in five main temperature ratings:
- 0°C to -20°C
- -20°C to -40°C
- 5°C to -10°C
- -10°C to -25°C
- -25°C and beyond.
Waterproofing and weatherproofing featuresThe seams of the gumboot are sealed to make them waterproof and weatherproof. Some wellingtons are made water repellent by adding DWR or TPU lining.
Useful design elementsYou will find many commercially available toddler snow boots in different shapes and sizes. Mid Rise or lower gumboot varieties reach the ankle while the high-rise gumboots come up to the calf. Make sure the upper part of the shoe covers the hem of the kids’ pants, to provide optimum protection against the cold. If you can find wellingtons with cuffs, fleece collars, or drawstrings at the top, go for them as they do a better job of keeping the moisture, snow, and cold out.
How can you choose snow boots that will fit your kid to the T?It is not enough to know the materials and features of a snow boot, you need to make sure the pair fits your toddler’s tiny feet.
Should you be concerned about choosing the right size?All toddler snow boot reviews will agree about choosing the correct size for your little one can be a tiring process. Boots are typically slipped on for ease of wear with uppers and soles made of flexible and hardened rubber. Apart from that, they could have leather, textile, or neoprene collars. Great at protecting your child’s feet from cold, moisture, and debris. Slip-on snow gumboots are slightly larger than regular toddler winter boots of the same size. Your kids can easily put it on or take it off due to its bigger size. To pick the right for your toddler you need to measure the length of their ankle to their longest toe. Ask your child to stand with their heel against the wall, place a marker such as a book by the longest toe, then measure the distance between the book and the wall. Some parents tend to buy one size larger to accommodate thick socks but that is not recommended.
Is boot size the same as shoe size?The answer depends on what kind of toddler shoes you have in mind. Snow gumboots are generally bigger to accommodate socks, linings, and insulation. So don’t get a bigger size because an ill-fitted shoe can cause blisters on your precious child’s feet. They might fall and hurt themselves because of toddler snow shoes that are too big on their feet.
Tips you can follow to get the correct fit
- Heel: After slipping the shoe on ask your child to push their foot forward. Doing so would leave enough space to fit one finger comfortably at the back. If it doesn’t fit, we suggest that you go for a bigger size.
- Toes: Once the shoe is tied your child should be able to freely wiggle their toes. Their toes must have room to move. If it’s too tight then consider buying wider fitting warm boots for toddlers.
- Kick Test: Once they put on the shoe and lace-up ask them to gently kick the wall. If their toes rub with the end part of the gumboot it is likely it would happen during walking. Buy a different pair in that case.
How can I quickly dry my child’s boots?A good snow gumboot will protect your child’s feet from moisture. However, the boots themselves are bound to get wet. Dry them off quickly so your toddler can wear their gumboots as soon as possible. To dry the footwear you can use a:
- Boot dryer. They are made specifically to dry gumboots. They speed up the drying process of shoes.
- Hairdryer, but be careful while using one. Sticking a hairdryer and leaving it in the gumboot may damage the device. Fully open the snow boot and gently blow in it but keep the mouth and barrel of the gun-shaped hairdryer out of it.
- If a lot of water gets into the boot, then you can stuff them with absorbent newspapers, dish towels or paper towels. Leave them overnight to absorb much of the water.
Can my toddler wear rain boots in the snow?We don’t recommend it. Snow boots are not only waterproof they provide better grip on icy surfaces so your child can stay safe. If snowy winters are common for your region then your child should have a pair of snow boots. They should also have a pair of some of the best winter shoes for toddlers for everyday use as snow boots can be quite heavy.
How long can I let my toddler play outdoors in the snow?
- Weatherproof, waterproof, and warm.
- Equipped with cuffs and collars so water or snow can’t seep in through the mouth of the boot.
- Be a good fit and flexible. And you should check the fit after putting a thick sock on.
- Have deep treads to provide great traction for walking on snow.
- Easy to wear. Putting on and taking off boots should not be a hassle.
- 1 Top 10 Best Toddler Snow Boots: Comparison Table
- 1.1 Best Overall: Sorel Snow Commander Snow Boot Review
- 1.2 Great Versatility: GUBARUN Waterproof Slip Resistant Cold Weather Snow Boots Review
- 1.3 Insulation Rated to -25F: DREAM PAIRS Winter Snow Boots Review
- 1.4 Easy to Put: Kamik Snobuster1 Insulated Snow Boot Review
- 1.5 Top for Girls: Apakowa Insulated Fur Winter Warm Snow Boots Review
- 1.6 For Harsh Winter: Kamik Waterbug5 Snow Boot Review
- 1.7 Great Brand: LONDON FOG Girls Toddler Tottenham Snow Boot Review
- 1.8 Great for Boys: Northside Toddler Insulated Winter Snow Boot Review
- 1.9 Good Price: EQUICK Waterproof Lightweight Snow Boots with FurReview
- 1.10 Features for Additional Comfort: Columbia Unisex-Child Snow Boot Review
- 2 What are snow boots and why does your kid need one?
- 3 Snow boots vs. winter boots: Is there any difference?
- 4 Choosing snow boots for toddlers: Main features to look out for
- 4.1 Main elements of snow boots explained
- 4.2 Other things to consider
- 4.3 How can you choose snow boots that will fit your kid to the T?
- 5 FAQ
- 6 Conclusion