Buyer’s Guide: spectra s1 vs s2 breast pump comparison
Before you compare Spectra S1 vs Spectra S2 let us go through the brand and its general specificity.
Spectra Breast Pumps: A General Review
Spectra makes the best breast pumps in the market today. They have a variety of ranges to suit everyone and they are pretty easy to use. If you are wondering about the basics of breast pumping and how to use breast pump, Spectra is the right way to go. They are top-rated, cheap, affordable, and simply the best on the market. They are also comfortable and noise-less.
However, the Cadillac of Spectra is the pair – S1 and S2.
- Includes: Spectra S1 Hospital Grade Double/Single breast pump, 12 volt AC power adapter, detachable power cord prongs, (2) Spectra wide neck bottle, (2) Spectra backflow protector, (2) Spectra duckbill valve, (2) Spectra tubing, (4) flange (2-24mm & 2-28mm)
- Closed system: No need to clean the narrow tubing because Spectra S1 has a closed pumping system that keeps tubing dry by preventing air flow between expressed milk and pump tubing while pumping protecting breast milk and baby from bacteria, mold and viruses
- Rechargeable battery: Spectra S1 has a convenient, inbuilt rechargeable battery
- Customizable settings: Each mother can customize her pump’s settings to her own body’s response and follow her flow to find her own best settings with the S1's completely adjustable suction and 2 phase cycling in let-down and expression mode
- Mommy owned: Spectra Baby USA is owned and run by registered nurses, board certified lactation consultants, and more importantly… by moms
- The Spectra S1 has a built-in battery
- It has a closed system which prevents your breastmilk from getting contaminated
- It is hospital grade and thus the most powerful kind
- It has adjustable suction control.
- Comes with a backlight and auto-timer which lets you track for how long you have pumped your breastmilk
Pros & Cons
- Natural Nursing Technology: Our Spectra S2 electric breast pump features technology that allows comfortable suction levels that mimic the experience of natural breastfeeding as closely as possible
- Personalized Settings: Adjust the breast pump settings to fit your preference with adjustable suction levels and two phase cycling featuring expression and massage mode
- Single or Double Pumping: Can be used as a single electric breast pump or a double electric breast pump and for best results, authentic Spectra Baby accessories are recommended
- BPA/DEHP Free: All Spectra pump parts that come in contact with breast milk are BPA/DEHP free, giving you peace of mind about your baby's milk
- Made For Moms, By Moms: We`ve committed our lives to providing the best breast pumps, accessories, education, and customer care that we can, supporting every mother with the beauty of parenthood
- Comes with accessories
- Has a closed system
- Backlight and auto timer lets you keep track of the time even in darkness
- The accessories are BPA free
- There are 12 different suctions levels for you to choose from
- The Spectra S2 comes along with a power cord
Pros & Cons
Difference between Spectra S1 and S2
The detailed Spectra 1 vs 2 report clearly shows how both are somewhat similar with only minimal differences. If an in-built battery is mandatory for you, go for the Spectra 1 and if you can do without one, buy Spectra 2 at a great price.
How to Use Spectra Pump
Let us go through this step by step.
The first step is assembling. According to both Spectra S1 and Spectra S2 Reviews assembling is pretty easy. Just be familiar with the parts of the Spectra breast pump. Put the flanges, valves, protectors, and tubes together to begin.
Turn the power button on and adjust the speed to whatever you are comfortable with. The cycle buttons control the speed. Then regulate the vacuum level to how strongly you want the machine to suck. It is recommended to start vacuum at a low level and gradually increase it. This is one of the most important breast pumping tips.
Switch to and fro from massage and expression mode according to your comfort in the process.
Collect the milk and store it in sterilized bottles. After you are done, detach the parts and place them carefully in the best breast pump bag.
How to Clean Spectra Breast Pump
Cleaning the breast pumps is pretty easy. After every use, wash all the parts in soapy hot water except the tubing. Make sure it is lukewarm water as hot water could damage your equipment.
Use a dishwasher to wash the detachable parts. Remember to put them on the top shelf only. Again do not include the tubing in your washing process.
Use a damp cloth to wipe the dirt off your pump. Do not put it directly into the water. Also you can sterilize it (however, complete sterilization can’t be achieved at home).
If you are to go through any Spectra S1 review or even , you will see cleaning the devices is no rocket science.
Other Worthy Brands
We have listed other great brands down below to give you a wide array of choices.
Final Thoughts about Spectra S1 vs S2
Both the breast pump reviews are amazing and there cannot be a clear cut winner in the Spectra S1 vs S2 battle. Both of them are so great that the aspect of individual choice alone breaks the Spectra S1 vs S2 breast pump tie. Both the products bring to you all that you have wished for in a breast pump. Go ahead and check out top-mom.com to make your choice that will make your life much easier.
- 1 Buyer’s Guide: spectra s1 vs s2 breast pump comparison
- 2 How to Use Spectra Pump
- 3 How to Clean Spectra Breast Pump
- 4 Other Worthy Brands
- 5 Final Thoughts about Spectra S1 vs S2