Top 10 Best Shampoo For Soft Water: Comparison Table
Best Overall: Awesome Results - OGX Renewing + Argan Oil Shampoo Review
- STRENGTH, SHINE, SOFTNESS: a unique, precious blend with argan oil of Morocco helps to penetrate the hair shaft; discover newly restored strength, shine, softness, and seductive, silky perfection; helps protect your hair from harmful styling and UV damage
- SMOOTH, SEXY TRESSES: this exotic, precious blend with argan oil of Morocco that penetrates, moisturizes, renews, and creates softness and strength all while protecting your hair from harmful styling heat and UV damage as it gives you smooth, sexy tresses
- HOW TO USE: apply shampoo generously to wet hair, massage into a lather through to ends, then rinse the hair thoroughly; after shampooing, follow with a hydrating conditioner to keep your locks looking healthy, shiny, and smooth; beauty, pure and simple
- BEAUTY, PURE AND SIMPLE: induge your hair the way nature intended with OGX's commitment to sustainable ingredients; we'll never ask what you want to fix about your hair, we just want to know what you love about it, so that we can make you love it even more
- ROCK WHAT YOU GOT: the hair you have makes you, you; be proud of those unique locks; here at OGX, unattainable looks don't inspire us but originality does, that's why we love being different; we approach beauty in our own way, and we hope that you will too
Great Smell: Gentle Treatment - PURA D'OR Original Gold Label Anti-Thinning Biotin Shampoo Review
- PURA D'OR IS THE LEADER IN HAIR THINNING THERAPY FOR THICKER & FULLER HAIR: PURA D’OR Original Gold Label Anti Hair-Thinning Shampoo w/ Biotin and DHT Herbal Ingredients is proven & tested to reduce hair thinning. It promotes hair strength & thickness with increased volume & reducing breakage. Results may vary.*
- IMPROVE YOUR HAIR APPEARANCE: No more bad hair days due to thinning hair and dry scalp. Our anti-hair thinning shampoo w/ Biotin and Proprietary Herbal DHT Blend is here to the rescue. Packed with essential vitamins, our exclusive formula helps hydrate the scalp reducing dryness, brittle strands, and improves hair manageability.
- PROTECT & STRENGTHEN YOUR HAIR: Our Key Active Ingredients including Biotin and DHT Herbal Blend protect your hair from further damage caused by external factors that lead to thinning hair. At the same time, these ingredients strengthen the hair shaft and cleanse the scalp, improving the overall health of your hair.
- THE ORIGINAL, GOLD STANDARD, UNDISPUTED AND ONLY FORMULA WITH OVER 17+ DHT HERBAL BLEND: The secret to thicker hair is using a shampoo with gentle ingredients. Our formula is packed with a powerful blend of Biotin, Nettle Extract, Pumpkin Seed, & Black Cumin Seed Oil. PURA D’OR is always vegan, cruelty-free & manufactured in an environmentally responsible way.
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: Healthy hair for happy customers. We offer a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied with our hair thickening shampoo, let us know and we will give you a FULL refund.
Great For Its Price: Maple Holistics Shampoo for Oily Hair & Oily Scalp Review
- BEST DEGREASING SHAMPOO FOR OILY HAIR removes oil & grease build up on your scalp. Our natural clarifying treatment with lemon essential oil restores a healthy sebum & pH balance in your skin & hair.
- PURE MOISTURIZING DANDRUFF TREATMENT alleviates itch caused by germs on your scalp. Our jojoba rosemary formula hydrates hair follicles from the inside while protecting from environmental pollutants.
- HAIR STRENGTHENING SHAMPOO FOR OILY SCALP AND DANDRUFF cleans & minimize pores while improving circulation in the scalp. This alternative hair loss solution uses basil & cypress for healthy hair care.
- KERATIN THERAPY HAIR AND SCALP TREATMENT is extremely gentle & effective. Natural hair loss shampoo is safe paraben free & sulfate free. This dandruff shampoo is for men & women with sensitive skin.
- MONEY BACK GUARANTEE – CLARIFYING SHAMPOO will remove excess oil from your hair leaving you with luscious locks that are voluminous & frizz free. It will leave your scalp itch free & highly nourished.
Hydration & Clarifying: Love Beauty And Planet Volumizing Shampoo Review
- Love Beauty and Planet Coconut Water & Mimosa Flower Volume Shampoo and Conditioner duo gently cleanses and detangles with a lightweight formula
- Our Volume Shampoo and Conditioner are infused with Organic Coconut Oil for hair; This sulfate free shampoo and conditioner provides volume for fine hair
- Infused with Organic Coconut Water, this volume shampoo and conditioner duo energizes with a burst of delicate Mimosa Flowers
- This paraben free volume shampoo and conditioner provides volume, cleanses and lightly moisturizes fine hair. Dye-free
- YES color safe hair care, YES vegan shampoo and conditioner, YES with plant based cleansers and detanglers, YES Organic Coconut Oil for hair
Great Degreasing Performance: Renpure Biotin and Collagen Shampoo Review
- RENPURE BIOTIN AND COLLAGEN SHAMPOO: B-Complex vitamins, amino acids and proteins, oh my! Biotin and Collagen work together to increase strength and thickness for beautiful shine and body.
- RENPURE ISN'T JUST SULFATE-FREE: Our shampoos go beyond “sulfate free” and use gentle plant-based cleansers for less scalp irritation and a healthy moisture balance. Great for curly girls, and safe for color-treated hair.
- HAIR CARE THAT CARES: From non-sulfate shampoos and conditioners that nourish and thicken hair, to styling products and treatments that restore with plant-based ingredients, Renpure is specially formulated to deliver the best care for your hair.
- RENPURE IS MADE FOR YOU: We use gentle, plant-based cleansers with carefully chosen ingredients to create nourishing, safe formulas for all our hair and body care products.
- RENPURE QUALITY: All of our hair & body care is plant-based & free from sulfates, parabens, dyes, gluten, phthalates, propylene glycol & bad vibes. We care for you as much as we care for our family & work to provide the best quality products we can.
Economical Choice: Aveeno Scalp Soothing Apple Cider Vinegar Blend Shampoo Review
- SHINE & VOLUME: Oat is the first ingredient in this scalp-soothing, farm-fresh inspired shampoo infused with apple cider vinegar to clarify the scalp and add high shine and volume to dull hair.
- CLARIFYING BLEND: Infused with apple cider vinegar, this shampoo cleanses and reinforces shine from root to tip. It's free of sulfates, dyes & parabens & safe for all hair types & color treated hair.
- FARM FRESH INSPIRED: We make hair care products that promote healthy hair & scalp, from shampoo & conditioner to hair masks, leave-in milks, mists & oils.
- SOOTHING PROPERTIES: We've been a trusted household brand since 1945. We're best known for our skin & hair care products, where oat's soothing properties are put to work on body, face and scalp
- BEAUTIFUL HAIR FROM ROOT TO TIP: Our hair care products are blended in perfect balance with wholesome ingredients to help soothe your scalp and nourish your strands for beautiful hair from root to tip
For Hair Regrowth: PURA D'OR Thin2Thick Set Shampoo Review
- HYDRATION FOR FULLER HAIR: Both of our Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo and Conditioner are made with awesome moisturizing properties to deliver superior hydration to your hair and scalp while encouraging hair to grow out fuller and thicker.
- CLARIFYING FOR DAMAGED HAIR: The potent blend of vitamins and nutrients found in our Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo & Conditioner promotes repair to damaged hair while restoring your hair back to its vibrant, voluminous shine.
- DEEP CLEANSING FOR HEALTHY SCALP: Apple Cider Vinegar balances the pH levels of your scalp by cleansing, locking in moisture, and reducing dryness - all the while improving hair manageability and reduced frizz.
- WHOLESOME BOTANICAL INGREDIENTS: Our potent blend of 15 Key Active Ingredients is packed with natural goodness to help promote thicker, fuller, and healthier hair without the use of sulfates, parabens, or any other artificial additives.
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: Healthy hair for happy customers. We offer a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied with our Apple Cider Shampoo & Conditioner Set, please let us know and we will give you a FULL refund.
For Volume: Herbal Essences Sulfate Free Shampoo Review
- 87% NATURAL ORIGIN SHAMPOO AND 90% NATURAL ORIGIN CONDITIONER made with real botanicals and natural source ingredient materials with limited processing & purified water
- MOISTURIZE : This shampoo is crafted without sulfates to gently cleanse, moisturize and safe on color treated hair
- HAIR HEALTH ENDORSED BY KEW: The real botanicals in these formulas have been verified by the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew
- THE SCENT EXPERIENCE: Multilayered scents of honey, jasmine and creamy vanilla
- OUR NO, NO, NO LIST: Our Honey & Vitamin B Shampoo and Conditioner are sulfate-free, paraben-free, mineral oil-free, dye-free
Perfect For Long Hair: HONEYDEW Volumizing Shampoo For Oily Hair Review
- OILY HAIR TREATMENT reduce excess sebum secretion to balance and clarify the hair + scalp of product + dandruff buildup. Natural greasy hair shampoo deep cleans pores for bouncy thicker looking hair.
- VOLUME SHAMPOO Sulfate free shampoo contains lemon essential oil sage rosemary plant anti-dandruff tea tree + moisturizing argan oil work in synergy to remove excess oil + strengthen strands.
- ITCHY SCALP RELIEF Soothe + calm itchiness for a healthy scalp optimal to grow hair long. Purifying shampoo for color treated hair is a gentle scalp cleanse to revitalize hair for more body + shine.
- GENTLE + NOURISHING Traditional herbs work to moisturize oily skin + fortify hair. Eliminate loose flakes + promote cell growth. Non-toxic anti-residue shampoo relieves scalp irritation + redness.
- MONEY BACK GUARANTEE Our thickening daily shampoo is paraben free chemical free cruelty free. Cleanser leaves hair looking beautiful + lustrous. Great for curly straight wavy thin or thick hair.
Great For Sensitive Skin: Tree To Tub Shampoo for Oily Hair Review
- FINALLY, SOFT HAIR WITHOUT GREASINESS: You may have noticed that the typical natural shampoo forgets one crucial thing – your skin! While hair may feel soft, the trade off is an oily scalp and skin, plus a pungent smell. So this oily hair shampoo uses Mother Nature’s lather, the wild Soapberry! Now you can finally have the smooth shiny hair you’ve been looking for, with balanced moisture to match. The one shampoo for oily hair women love and men can't get enough of.
- AN AWAKENING PEPPERMINT LATHER: Just like skin, hair needs to maintain an acidic pH of 5.5 too. And that’s why the saponin-rich soapberry has been used for millennia; it balances both skin and hair! Combined with foaming coconut cleansers it makes a creamy, light lather. For scalp that’s clean, healthy and calm, we added Organic Moroccan Argan Oil, Aloe Vera, Chamomile and Olive Leaves to this aloe vera shampoo.
- MOTHER NATURE’S BALANCING HAIR CARE: Unfortunately, natural shampoo labeled ‘organic’ or ‘sensitive’ can contain harsh chemicals too. You feel it as oily skin, strong fragrance, and greasy residues that are hard to wash out. All natural shampoo doesn't always mean all natural. But you’ll notice Soapberry For Hair is Wild, Gentle and Pure. And naturally, our conditioner is the same. Try them both and experience it today!
- JUST PURITY. NOTHING WEIRD: It’s obvious this naturally cleansing, anti-irritant shampoo is free from Toxins, Chemicals, Sulfates, SLS, Parabens, Silicone, DEA/MEA, Gluten and Artificial Fragrance. It’s Dermatologist Recommended, which means it’s safe and gentle. The best part is that it's Vegan, Cruelty Free, Fair Trade, and Sustainably harvested in eco-reserves in Taiwan, protecting local habitat.
- TRIAL IT & FEEL [YOU KEEP THE FREE GIFT]: Your order today also comes with a free wild soapberry! This is nature’s original shampoo, full of pure saponin, to give a light, fresh lather that’s naturally gentle and anti-flaking. Once you’ve discovered its wild beauty, take this shampoo for itchy scalp and drift into hair washing bliss. Love your Soapberry Hair - or we’ll refund every cent.
Buyer’s Guide: The best shampoo for soft water
As indicated earlier, there are quite a few numbers of soft water shampoos that may be compatible with your hair texture. Although soft water has its pros and cons. The cons being that it might not be too pleasing for some hair, and might flatten your hair when used excessively. The benefits of soft water, however, outweigh the disadvantages, compared to hard water.
That’s why there is the need to augment the downsides of soft water with a soft water shampoo and conditioner that is ideal for your hair type. There are many soft water shampoos out there that are sure to give your hair the best texture and nourishment that you desire. They aren’t just the best or the top-rated ones, they are also pretty affordable too, and compatible with whatever texture your hair might have.
There are certain key things that you should watch out for when choosing the appropriate soft water shampoo and conditioner for your hair. And we shall be discussing those crucial features below.
- Toxic Chemicals
Just as the human body does not need any form of toxic chemicals, so do your hair. You have to ensure that you get a soft water shampoo that has a large amount of organic ingredients. Stay away from shampoos that contain dangerous chemicals like parabens, sulphate, wax, among others. Do you need to know more about these chemicals? Well, you don’t have to worry. We shall get to that shortly as you read on, in this article.
- Brand Type
This should also be paramount to you when choosing the right soft water shampoo for your hair. Some brands are good, while others are simply bad! You don’t want to risk losing the health of your hair because of a very bad product. That’s why you need to do a thorough research about any brand before making your purchase. There are countless reviews of various soft water shampoo products online. You only have to read them up to get the appropriate information about the best brand that you can purchase.
Does soft water affect hair?
In as much as soft water is potable, and can be used for bathing and cooking, it is also good for the hair. Unlike hard water, when soft water is used moderately, it can be less damaging to your hair. In fact, it can help your hair retain moisture when used with the right soft water shampoo and conditioner.
How to Choose the shampoo for soft water
This is perhaps one of the most difficult decisions to make. Do not worry. The answer is not far-fetched.
Firstly, you must know your hair type; this will go a long way in helping you decipher the kind of shampoo to use. You must also know the shampoo ingredients to avoid; the ideal hair nutrition shampoo your hair requires, and your hair color treatment— these are factors you must put into consideration. The discussion below on each of these factors is a perfect guide for you.
Type of Hair
The ability to know your hair type and how to take care of it is one of the keys to having healthy and attractive hair. Basically, there are 4 hair types, they include:
- Kinky/Very Curly hair
- Curly hair
- Straight hair
- Wavy hair
Shampoo Ingredients to Avoid
Formaldehyde Releasers: These are potent allergens in the form of preservatives, and they are used to keep a product from growing bacteria and mold. However, the WHO and the US Department of Health and Human Services consider it carcinogenic —which makes it bad for your hair. You must, therefore, avoid any Shampoo that has this kind of chemical.
Parabens: These are xenoestrogens, that is, they have compositions that are similar to the hormones that are found in the human body. And these xenoestrogens are capable of disrupting hormones and are oftentimes prone to causing cancer. Parabens are commonly used as preservatives in Shampoos and some cosmetic Products. But its negative side effects should make you avoid it completely.
Triclosan and Triclocarban: These bacteria-killing chemicals have been known to interfere with thyroid signaling and in the Sex hormone signaling of men and women. They have been linked to a lot of reproductive abnormalities in laboratory animals during research. Immune system problems, uncontrolled cellular reproduction, and weight loss, are also some of their adverse effects.
Polyethylene Glycol: Another dangerous chemical that is capable of interfering with human development. It is prone to causing cancer due to the dioxane it contains.
Sulfate: The presence of Sulphate in some shampoos helps to remove dirt and oil from the hair. However, sulfates can be very harsh on your scalp, and they can diminish your hair moisture.
Therefore, when choosing a best shampoo for soft water, ensure you choose the ones that do not contain the aforementioned chemicals.
Best shampoo for soft water FAQ
How do you wash your hair with soft water?
Before taking a shower, pour some Soft Water on your hair and generously apply your soft water shampoo, while rubbing it gently. Once you are done scrubbing the dirt out, you can then proceed to wash your hair gently with your soft water, until your hair becomes less slippery.
Does soft water make your hair flat?
If you use it moderately with the right soft water shampoo and conditioner, it won’t flatten your hair.
How often should I use the shampoo for soft water?
The number of times to use shampoo for soft water is at least twice or thrice a week, depending on how dirty or oily your hair is.
How can I tell if I have hard or soft water?
There is a sharp difference between hard water and soft water. Hard water is packed with a lot of minerals like calcium and magnesium, which makes it safe for drinking, and cooking. However, the effects of hard water on the hair are numerous, which does not make it good for your hair and even your skin.
Hard water doesn’t allow your hair to absorb moisture, this can eventually lead to hair discoloration; coarse and frizzy hair; dries out your scalp; causes dandruff; makes your hair dull, super dry; and even breaks the hair. Meanwhile, soft water contains only de-ionized sodium. And as said earlier, it is a perfect fit for your hair with the right shampoo.
Verdict and Our Recommendation for 2020
We highly recommend that you try to stay away from shampoos that contain chemicals that are capable of damaging your hair. If you must use a soft water shampoo, ensure that you use the best soft water shampoo that is compatible with your hair type. Even any baby shampoo should be free from such toxic chemicals. Alternatively, you can also make your own homemade soft water shampoo with natural remedies, if you can. For more trustworthy information, visit top-mom.com
- 1 Top 10 Best Shampoo For Soft Water: Comparison Table
- 1.1 Best Overall: Awesome Results - OGX Renewing + Argan Oil Shampoo Review
- 1.2 Great Smell: Gentle Treatment - PURA D'OR Original Gold Label Anti-Thinning Biotin Shampoo Review
- 1.3 Great For Its Price: Maple Holistics Shampoo for Oily Hair & Oily Scalp Review
- 1.4 Hydration & Clarifying: Love Beauty And Planet Volumizing Shampoo Review
- 1.5 Great Degreasing Performance: Renpure Biotin and Collagen Shampoo Review
- 1.6 Economical Choice: Aveeno Scalp Soothing Apple Cider Vinegar Blend Shampoo Review
- 1.7 For Hair Regrowth: PURA D'OR Thin2Thick Set Shampoo Review
- 1.8 For Volume: Herbal Essences Sulfate Free Shampoo Review
- 1.9 Perfect For Long Hair: HONEYDEW Volumizing Shampoo For Oily Hair Review
- 1.10 Great For Sensitive Skin: Tree To Tub Shampoo for Oily Hair Review
- 2 Buyer’s Guide: The best shampoo for soft water
- 3 Best shampoo for soft water FAQ
- 4 Verdict and Our Recommendation for 2020