Top 10 Pregnancy Safe Foundations: Comparison Chart
Best Overall: bareMinerals BarePro Performance Wear Liquid Foundation Review
- The package length of the product is 9 inches
- The package width of the product is 6 inches
- The package height of the product is 3 inches
- The package weight of the product is 5.6 ounces
Most Natural Looking: Burt's Bees Mattifying Powder Foundation Review
- MATTE FOUNDATION: Powder matte foundation in Bamboo is ideal for medium to tan skin tones with warm undertones
- NOURISHING INGREDIENTS: Made with Bamboo to blur imperfections, this mineral makeup blends easily to smooth and even skin, while absorbing oil without drying out skin
- EASY APPLICATION: 100% natural origin, non-comedogenic, shine control-formula lets your build coverage gradually as needed for a natural-looking finish that lasts all day with a sponge applicator and mirror included
- POWDER FOUNDATION: Comes in 6 lightweight, mattifying shades to match a variety of skin tones, perfect for oily or combination skin
- NATURAL MAKEUP: This Burt’s Bees matte powder foundation is dermatologist-tested and formulated without parabens, phthalates, SLS, petrolatum, talc, synthetic fragrances, or silicones. Never tested on animals.
Self Adjusting: RMS Beauty Un Cover-Up All Natural Concealer and Foundation Review
- UNCOVER UP – (11.5) a buff beige with neutral undertones. “un” cover-up doubles as concealer and light foundation for minimal coverage to even out your skin tone.
- REVEAL & ENHANCE – rms “un” cover-up is formulated to reveal and enhance healthier looking skin…not just cover it up. Lightweight and hydrating, this concealer minimizes the appearance of pores and rejuvenates your skin.
- ORGANIC INGREDIENTS – This natural concealer contains coconut oil, beeswax, cocoa butter, jojoba oil, and more organic ingredients, and is GMO-free, gluten-free, soy-free, and cruelty-free.
- SELF ADJUSTING - "un" cover-up colors will self adjust to your skin tone if they are not an exact match due to the mineral pigments used.
- EASY APPLICATION –Apply sparingly with fingers over the T-zone area or wherever any extra coverage is desired. Skin-to-skin application is preferable for better blending, can also use a foundation brush.
Editor’s Choice: EVXO Organic Liquid Mineral Foundation Review
- PERFECT FOR A HEALTHY LIFESTYLE - EVXO Foundations are Certified Organic with Natural Ingredients to keep from clogging your pores. This long lasting formula will accentuate your natural beauty
- ALL DAY WEAR - Our all natural liquid foundation offers smooth application with a dewey, non-greasy finish
- BUILDABLE COVERAGE - Keep your look light and natural or layer up to medium coverage to cover problem areas with this buildable organic makeup
- WE DO NOT BUY OR TRADE FOR REVIEWS. 100% of the reviews you see for this product (Good, or bad) are real reviews that were not paid for, or received in exchange for merchandise.
- Made in the U.S.A | Organic | Vegan | Cruelty-free | Gluten-Free | Natural Cosmetics
Advanced Anti-aging Formula: BaeBlu Organic Aloe-Based Liquid Foundation Review
- Made with certified ORGANIC and ALL NATURAL ingredients - ZERO artificial colors, preservatives or fragrances. Made in the USA, vegan, cruelty-free and gluten-free makeup
- NO harsh chemicals, parabens or pore-clogging ingredients
- Advanced ANTI-AGING formula for healthy, youthful, flawless skin
- Goes on SMOOTH for balanced, non-greasy coverage
- Upgraded packaging! New eco-friendly glass bottles. **You may receive our plastic bottles while we phase in this transition.
Natural Sun Protection: Fifth & Skin Better’n Ur Skin Liquid Foundation Review
- MAKEUP THAT’S GOOD FOR YOUR SKIN: Have you been searching for a high quality makeup that covers imperfections and is actually GOOD for your skin? Well, look no further! 100% Natural | 90% Certified Organic | Gluten Free | Vegan | Cruelty Free | Non-GMO | Palm Free | Paraben Free | Can actually improve the look of your skin with continued use. COLOR: LIGHT TO MEDIUM BEIGE w/NEUTRAL UNDERTONES
- BUILDABLE FORMULA: Whether you only need a little coverage or a lot, you control how much you get with this buildable formula. Cover imperfections, blemishes, freckles, sun spots, red spots, black heads. Dark spots may need concealer first. Dries to POWDER LIKE finish. Never cakey and feels better than your own skin! Like you are wearing NO makeup at all and smells good as well - infused with Real Vanilla.
- NATURAL SUN PROTECTION / DEWY LOOK: This healthy formula offers natural sun protection and is slightly dewy in appearance, not matte - which helps to reflect light and makes fine lines and imperfections less visible. Great for all skin types!
- MADE IN THE USA: Proudly made in the USA, keeping our jobs here and using high quality ingredients we choose and know are safe, natural & effective!
- 100% GUARANTEED: Risk Free Trial - if color is wrong, simply return it for a refund and buy a different one! What are you waiting for? Add to cart now!
Lasts Up to 16 Hours: Dermablend Cover Creme Full Coverage Cream Foundation Review
- Delivers a flawless complexion
- Gives you 12 hours of consistent wear
- Delivers all day hydration
Most Lightweight: Shimarz Liquid Mineral Foundation Review
- NO IRRITATION, RUBBING OR ITCHING: Great for all skin types, dry, sensitive, oily, celiac, etc. No allergic reactions all thanks to the clean, skin nourishing ALL NATURAL, MINERAL, ORGANIC, VEGAN, CRUELTY FREE, GLUTEN FREE, USA made ingredients WITHOUT parabens and chemicals.
- NO CREASING AROUND YOUR EYES & OIL FREE LOOK: The natural light formula stops the creasing from starting and staying CREASE FREE ALL DAY LONG.
- FULL COVERAGE & MOISTURISING: All day cover for your dark circles, spots, blemishes, acne, pimples, wrinkles, and so much more while hydrating/moisturizing your skin with our awesome natural skin nourishing ingredients.
- LIGHTWEIGHT, REFRESHING, BREATHABLE, VERY NATURAL LOOK: Let your skin/pores breath with full coverage while you have the all-day refreshed flawless look without caking.
- CORRECT SHADE GUARANTEE: Ordered the wrong shade, let us know and we will send you the correct shade at NO cost to you. NO QUESTIONS ASKED 30 DAYS MONEY BACK GUARANTEE: Replacement at NO cost to you & NO product return needed for refund.
Fortified with Vitamin E: Mom's Secret 100% Natural Foundation Review
- All Natural * 90% Organic * Vegan * Gluten Free * Cruelty Free * Made in the USA.
- Natural Sun Protection.
- Fortified with Vitamin E to Smooth, moisturize, and Nourish your skin.
- Free of harsh chemicals and pore clogging ingredients.
- Our Foundation is perfect for all skin types.
Great Variety of Shades: Burt's Bees Goodness Glows Liquid Makeup Review
- MEDIUM TO FULL COVERAGE FOUNDATION: One pump bottle of liquid foundation in Buff is ideal for fair skin with warm or yellow undertones
- NOURISHING INGREDIENTS: Made with responsibly sourced Meadowfoam Seed Oil, known for its moisturizing benefit, this foundation hides imperfections while it nourishes skin
- EASY APPLICATION: 98.9% natural mineral makeup moisturizes, evens and smoothes for a natural-looking finish that lasts all day
- LIQUID FOUNDATION: This buildable liquid foundation comes in 18 shades that match a variety of skin tones and never look heavy, cakey or greasy
- NATURAL MAKEUP: This Burt’s Bees liquid makeup is dermatologist-tested and formulated without parabens, phthalates, SLS, petrolatum, talc, synthetic fragrances, or silicones. Never tested on animals
What is a foundation, and how can you wear it during pregnancy?
After moisturizing your skin, the first thing that you must do is to apply a good foundation for pregnancy. It acts as the base layer of your makeup and helps to make your skin look even. Additionally, it also covers up any dark spots or blemishes that might be present on skin.
It is always more favorable to use a safe foundation during pregnancy, which looks natural on your skin. When you are expecting a child the skin might react aggressively to certain products. Using your regular makeup can sometimes lead to acne. It might also contain harmful ingredients that can affect your baby. For that reason consider switching to a product that is neither too creamy nor has too many chemicals or added fragrances.
What ingredients should be avoided?
According to the FDA, certain ingredients that can be present in makeup items are incredibly harmful to you and your unborn child. If you want to know which foundation is best for pregnancy, then avoid the ones that have the following ingredients in them :
- Retinol: This vitamin A derivative can cause dangerous congenital disabilities in your child. It can lead to the low development of your baby’s heart, spinal cord, or brain. So it’s best to stay away from retinol or any of its associated compounds like retinyl palmitate.
- Parabens: Makeup items usually contain parabens, which acts as a preservative. Prenatal exposure to paraben can lead to dangerous consequences like low birth weight and several other birth issues. It can disrupt your endocrine and reproductive system’s functioning, which in turn can harm the baby.
- Salicylic acid: Most acne-treating creams contain salicylic acid. This ingredient is present in a minimal quantity, yet it potentially can be dangerous for your unborn child. No studies have been conducted in pregnancy on topical use. To understand the amount of salicylic acid present in a product, consider reading some pregnancy safe foundation reviews before buying it.
- Soy-based products and bergamot oil: These products can make your hyperpigmentation or melasma worse. So consider skipping them during your gestation period and use some safe foundations.
- Phthalates: Prenatal exposure to Phthalates can lead to dangerous health effects. Phthalates act like a hormone and slow down the rate of male genital development. It also increases the risk of diabetes and several cardiovascular diseases. Therefore, while buying a pregnancy safe foundation, make sure that it doesn’t contain phthalates.
- Artificial Fragrances: Artificial fragrances used in perfumes, soaps, and lipsticks are harmful as they can lead to excessive weight gain in pregnant women. It also interferes with their glucose tolerance and increases the risk of diabetes.
Tips to choose the correct foundation safe for pregnancy
Gestation can lead to oily skin or the sudden appearance of acne. At other times your skin might feel too dry. Therefore, choosing an ideal foundation safe for pregnancy is a must. It will not only help to cover the unsightly flaws but will also give your skin a healthy glow. Mentioned below are some excellent tips that will help you select the right product.
Choose the one that doesn't have harmful ingredients
Before buying any pregnancy safe makeup, go through the labels carefully, and check all the ingredients present. It is always best to use an FDA approved product. You can also consult your health instructor before buying it.
Choose an organic brand over a commercial brand
Small but organic brands usually have much healthier products than mainstream commercial brands. Their products might be a little expensive, but they do not contain harmful chemicals like salicylic acids or parabens. You can use this type of makeup base with any drugstore foundation brush to get the desired effect.
Read the product-reviews before buying
Always read the pregnancy safe foundation reviews before buying a new product. You can shortlist a few items and compare their ingredients and benefits before buying one. This process can take some time, but it will help to select the best one for yourself.
Pregnancy makeup tips & tricks
Gestation can send your hormones into overdrive. It will always make you feel like you never have enough time to do your makeup. However, if you still want to get that flawless look on your skin using a pregnancy foundation, then you must follow the following makeup tricks:
Choose the correct Tone
If you want the perfect waterproof foundation with SPF, then make sure that it matches with the complexion of your face and your undertone. A person usually has any one of the following undertones:
- Warm: Women who have a warm undertone look good in gold jewelry. Their body looks stunning when they get a tan because of the contrasting colors between the skin and the veins. If you look more flattering in earthy shades like orange, yellow, brown, or dark green, then you must choose a product that has a warm tone to it. The yellowness of this base will bring out your warm undertones and highlight your facial features.
- Cool: Women with cool undertones look better when they wear light colors like sea green, rose, or pink. Even light pastel shades and silver jewelry looks good on them. If you think that your undertone is cold, then a pink-toned base will look good on you. Even if you have pale skin, this product will make you look more rosy and healthy.
- Neutral: If you have a neutral undertone, then any type of base will look good on you. You can use a warm-toned base to bring out your natural glow or a pink-toned one for a more subtle and dewy look.
Highlight the right parts of your face
Don’t buy pregnancy safe makeup to divert focus from the problematic areas on your face. Always choose a product that will help you to highlight the right parts. If you have prominent cheekbones or a stunning jawline, instead of using a makeup base to hide acne, enhance your sharp features by contouring your jawline.
Avoid shimmer-based products if you have oily skin
It would be best if you keep your skin type in mind while choosing pregnancy safe makeup brands. If your skin is already oily, avoid using a shimmer-based product. Instead, you can use a translucent powder to set your face. It prevents the production of excess oil on your skin and keeps your makeup intact.
Blend it thoroughly with your skin
Most makeup bases will work for you if you can blend it well into your skin. Not blending the product well into the skin is a common mistake that everyone makes. Unless you mix the base properly and even it out on your skin, it will look patchy or cakey in certain places. Even if your face’s surface is not even, or if you have acne scars on your cheeks, you must try to blend it as much as you can. A properly blended base will also give you a more refined and natural look.
Treat your skin conditions before using makeup
Due to the hormonal imbalance during the gestation period, you might suddenly develop various skin problems overnight. If you notice severe acne or plenty of dark spots on your skin, get it treated immediately. It is always better to see a good dermatologist in such cases instead of hiding your imperfections with makeup.
According to Paul Pestano, the senior database analyst in the Environmental Working Group,
“We should avoid risky ingredients in all stages of our lives.” His organization tries to educate consumers about the various harmful toxins and chemicals present in cosmetic and personal care products. That being so, you must be extremely cautious while buying the best pregnancy safe foundation both in 2020 and future. Check the labels to ensure that it is an FDA-approved product and does not contain any harmful chemicals.
- 1 Top 10 Pregnancy Safe Foundations: Comparison Chart
- 1.1 Best Overall: bareMinerals BarePro Performance Wear Liquid Foundation Review
- 1.2 Most Natural Looking: Burt's Bees Mattifying Powder Foundation Review
- 1.3 Self Adjusting: RMS Beauty Un Cover-Up All Natural Concealer and Foundation Review
- 1.4 Editor’s Choice: EVXO Organic Liquid Mineral Foundation Review
- 1.5 Advanced Anti-aging Formula: BaeBlu Organic Aloe-Based Liquid Foundation Review
- 1.6 Natural Sun Protection: Fifth & Skin Better’n Ur Skin Liquid Foundation Review
- 1.7 Lasts Up to 16 Hours: Dermablend Cover Creme Full Coverage Cream Foundation Review
- 1.8 Most Lightweight: Shimarz Liquid Mineral Foundation Review
- 1.9 Fortified with Vitamin E: Mom's Secret 100% Natural Foundation Review
- 1.10 Great Variety of Shades: Burt's Bees Goodness Glows Liquid Makeup Review
- 2 What is a foundation, and how can you wear it during pregnancy?
- 3 What ingredients should be avoided?
- 4 Tips to choose the correct foundation safe for pregnancy
- 5 Pregnancy makeup tips & tricks
- 6 Conclusion