- 1 Top 10 Best Pregnancy Safe Deodorants in 2021: Comparison Table
- 1.1 Best Overall: Native Deodorant Review
- 1.2 Clean Ingredients: Each & Every Natural Deodorant Review
- 1.3 Crafted in the US: Humble All Natural Aluminum Free Deodorant Stick Review
- 1.4 Top Magnesium Oxide Product: MagSol Organics Rose Natural Deodorant with Magnesium Review
- 1.5 Great Natural Scent: Schmidt's Aluminum Free Natural Deodorant Review
- 1.6 All Day Protection: Super Natural Goods Natural Aluminum-Free Deodorant Stick Review
- 1.7 Dermatologist Tested: Vanicream Aluminum-Free Deodorant Review
- 1.8 Great for Sensitive Skin: Lume Natural Deodorant Review
- 1.9 Made to Australian Quality Standards: nasanta Magnesium Deodorant Review
- 1.10 Great Quality: Love Beauty and Planet Aluminum-free Deodorant Review
- 2 Is Deodorant Safe to be used During Pregnancy?
- 3 Things to Look For in a Pregnancy Safe Deodorant
- 4 Ingredients to be avoided in a Perfume for an Expecting Lady
- 5 Worth Buying Ingredients
- 6 Deodorant Alternatives for a Pregnant Lady
- 7 Frequently Asked Questions
- 8 Final Word
Top 10 Best Pregnancy Safe Deodorants in 2021: Comparison Table
Best Overall: Native Deodorant Review
- Aluminum Free- Native Deodorant isn’t a chemistry experiment, and is made without aluminum, parabens, phthalates, and talc. Natural deodorant contains naturally derived ingredients.
- Effective Protection- We tested thousands of ingredients before finding a recipe that feels light and fresh under your arms, but provides you with effective protection against odor
- Goes on Easy- Native Deodorant is a solid deodorant that you can apply easily. We also use both safe, synthetic, sustainable fragrances (free of phthalates) and natural fragrances
- Cruelty Free- Native Deodorant never tests on animals, except humans who volunteer to try Native Deodorant
- For Men and Women- Native's high performance award winning formula is strong enough for both men and women. All you have to choose is your favorite Lavender & Rose scent
Clean Ingredients: Each & Every Natural Deodorant Review
- Safe for Skin: Made with 6 clean ingredients and essential oils, this healthy long-lasting deodorant suits all types of skin, including sensitive, and uses Dead Sea Salt instead of baking soda.
- Sustainable, Plant-Based Packaging: We use recyclable plant-based packaging made from sugarcane, a 100% renewable plant that is carbon negative and earth positive.
- Non-Toxic: We use no harmful chemicals or ingredients. Each & Every deodorant is EWG verified. It’s free of aluminum, synthetic fragrances, alcohol, parabens, baking soda, and phthalates.
- Vegan & Cruelty-Free Deodorant: Never tested on animals, Each & Every is certified vegan. Our rich scents can be used by men and women!
- Cardamom & Ginger Deodorant: Our cardamom and ginger deodorant weighs 2.5 ounces and promises to keep you fresh, safe, and smelling good for a while to come.
Crafted in the US: Humble All Natural Aluminum Free Deodorant Stick Review
- CLEAN, SAFE & EFFECTIVE NATURAL DEODORANT - Simply contains 4 clean ingredients, plus essential oils for a variety of irresistible scents
- NOTHING BAD - No aluminum, alcohol, dyes, parabens or artificial fragrance
- CERTIFIED CRUELTY-FREE - Certified cruelty-free by the Leaping Bunny Certification Programme; the international gold standard for non-animal tested consumer products
- SMALL BATCH CRAFTED IN AMERICA - We craft our products with care in the desert mountains of Taos, New Mexico
- 30-DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE - 100% refund if you do not love this deodorant
Top Magnesium Oxide Product: MagSol Organics Rose Natural Deodorant with Magnesium Review
- 1st natural deodorant to use Magnesium Oxide to control odor
- Perfect for ultra-sensitive skin users who have irritation to other natural deodorants
- Only 4 skin loving natural ingredients that work: sweet almond oil, beeswax, magnesium oxide & essential oils
- Born in Houston, Texas. Made to thrive in the hottest climates
- Aluminum Free, Baking Soda Free, SMOOTH gliding formula!
Great Natural Scent: Schmidt's Aluminum Free Natural Deodorant Review
- Really Natural, Really Works – Schmidt's Lily of the Valley sensitive skin aluminum free deodorant helps neutralize odor and keep you fresh, enriched with magnesium and free from baking-soda
- Natural Fragrance – This deo features a natural floral scent made with essential oils that's uplifting and fresh
- Proven Protection – Whether you're looking for natural deodorant for women, mens deodorant, or deodorant for kids our award-winning natural deodorants are for everybody
- Fights Body Odor – 1-2 swipes is all you need for all-day protection with just a small amount. Before applying, hold deodorant stick to skin to soften the oils on contact with body heat
- Plant-Based Ingredients – Schmidt's sensitive skin deodorant without aluminum is formulated without baking soda, uses ingredients such as shea butter, magnesium and essential
All Day Protection: Super Natural Goods Natural Aluminum-Free Deodorant Stick Review
- ALUMINUM-FREE NATURAL DEODORANT; Our formula is safe, effective and keeps you fresh all day long
- ORGANIC INGREDIENTS; detox your body and nourish skin, reversing damage from chemicals
- LAVENDER EUCALYPTUS; Subtle scent, therapeutic grade native essential oils, no synthetic fragrance
- 2 YEARS IN DEVELOPMENT; Tested by hundreds so you can use our natural alternative with confidence
- 60 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE; If this isn't the best deodorant you've ever used, we'll refund you
Dermatologist Tested: Vanicream Aluminum-Free Deodorant Review
- Free of dyes, fragrance, masking fragrance, lanolin, parabens, formaldehyde and formaldehyde releasers.
- Alcohol-free, Talc-free, Baking soda-free, Gluten-free
- Dermatologist tested.
- Fragrance Free, unscented, no botanical extracts which mask underarm odor.
Great for Sensitive Skin: Lume Natural Deodorant Review
- Clinically Proven MORE EFFECTIVE than any other best selling brands
- Aluminum, Baking Soda and Paraben Free
- Naturally derived and skin safe synthetics
- Safe for ANY EXTERNAL USE on pits, private parts and feet
- Jasmine Rose - Fresh fancy floral blend of essential oils and naturally derived elements
Made to Australian Quality Standards: nasanta Magnesium Deodorant Review
- HEALTHY MAGNESIUM FORMULA. You need magnesium for energy production, nerve transmission, protein synthesis, muscle relaxation, and multiple other body functions. More than another natural deodorant, nasanta is formulated with healthy magnesium sourced from Japan.
- FREE OF ALL FORMS OF ALUMINUM. You can relax knowing that there are no hidden aluminum compounds in nasanta. Common aluminum molecules in other natural deodorants include ingredients like potassium alum (potassium double sulphate of aluminum) and zirconium alum.
- TESTED FOR SENSITIVE SKIN. Your underarms will not sting on application even right after shaving. nasanta was clinically tested by Dermatest Labs in Sydney for sensitization evaluation and is free of irritating ingredients like alcohol and sodium bicarbonate (baking soda).
- MADE TO AUSTRALIAN QUALITY STANDARDS. nasanta is not a chemistry experiment. nasanta is formulated by cosmetic professionals and made in Sydney, Australia in a GMP and ISO certified facility, with every batch coded and tested for preservative efficacy and stability.
Great Quality: Love Beauty and Planet Aluminum-free Deodorant Review
- Our Love Beauty And Planet Aluminum Free Deodorant, Argan Oil and Lavender 2.95 oz is an aluminum free deodorant with plant based deodorizers, for 24 hour odor protection
- Made with ethically sourced French lavender, to keep you smelling fresh all day long with soft floral notes
- This deodorant is also enriched with Moroccan Argan oil
- Vegan deodorant and not tested on animals
- With recyclable canisters made from 43% recycled plastic, this aluminum free deodorant gives a little love back to our beautiful planet
Is Deodorant Safe to be used During Pregnancy?
Fortunately, deodorants are safe for pregnant women. But the more concrete question to ask is ‘what deodorants are safe during pregnancy?’. The answer to this often varies from one lady to the other. If you are someone sensitive to a particular ingredient, then ensure your antiperspirant does not contain that compound.
Nevertheless, deodorants containing aluminum are not safe for anyone, no matter whether the person is expecting or not. Aluminum causes harm by clogging the sweat ducts to avoid the release of sweat. It is also known for causing breast cancer in women. When you apply the perfume on your underarms, it gets spread to the skin beside your breast as well. Studies have shown that the scent containing aluminum works in a similar pattern to that of estrogen. This reaction enhances the growth of cancerous cells in the breast, which is a clear health threat. So always try to buy a pregnancy safe deodorant with no aluminum content!
Things to Look For in a Pregnancy Safe Deodorant
Certain vital factors need to be looked for in a deodorant safe for pregnancy. Have a look below to know exactly what factors you should invest in:
- Intensity: The intensity of the perfume you buy is to be decided based on how strongly you sweat. If you are someone who does not sweat heavily and is looking for an aromatic scent, then choosing a product labeled ‘deodorant’ will cater to your needs. But in case you want to buy a perfume for getting rid of heavy sweating, you must invest in an ‘antiperspirant’. According to the pregnancy safe deodorant reviews, an antiperspirant is stronger than a regular deodorant; therefore, it can help with uncomfortable sweating issues.
- Roll-on: We would recommend you to avoid using a spray perfume because you might inhale it by mistake. The inhaled particles are not good for the lungs and can harm the health of the fetus as well. For that reason, try using a roll-on deodorant while pregnant.
- Paraben-free: Paraben behaves like estrogen and is not recommended at all. It also causes morning sickness problems, so; always opt for a natural paraben-free fragrance.
Ingredients to be avoided in a Perfume for an Expecting Lady
The use of aluminum salts in a pregnancy deodorant is not a rare scenario. It is used mainly for plugging and clogging the sweat glands of the underarms. This clogging helps to prevent the release of sweat, and that is considered the main goal of antiperspirants Nonetheless, there are some major issues with the ingredient that must be taken into consideration.
The fact that aluminum causes breast cancer is not supported by esteemed organizations like the Cancer Research UK, the American Cancer Society, and the American National Cancer Institute. They compare this statement to a vague myth. But there are legitimate studies by the National Center for Biotechnology Information and by BMC (Breast Cancer Research) that prove the scientific legality of the fact.
Well, this ingredient has already been banned from liquid soaps once in 2017. Studies found that the chemical reacts strongly with human hormones. During pregnancy, the hormones are already messed up, so avoiding this compound is definitely a great idea. Also, it causes breast cancer, which is another huge reason to not fall for cheap triclosan fragrances.
Deodorant and pregnancy are sensitive matters needing delicate ingredients. Parabens do not fall into the list of such soft compounds. They are, too, like the other two components mentioned above, causes breast cancer. For that reason, stay away from parabens-containing skincare products!
As stated by the pregnancy safe deodorant reviews, this is one of the most used ingredients. But very few know how much trouble it welcomes. This chemical is known for causing skin irritation and enhancing the penetration of other chemicals in the skin. So, please avoid it!
Phthalates are harmful chemicals known for disrupting the hormones and penetrating the placental membrane. They also affect the fetal development of an expecting mother. So, purchase deodorants that contain no phthalates!
Worth Buying Ingredients
Now that you know about the ingredients to avoid, we would like to enlighten you with some good ingredients worth buying. Some of the best deodorant safe ingredients for pregnant women include coconut oil, baking soda, corn starch, arrowroot, kaolin clay, citrus oil, rosemary oil, and so on.
Deodorant Alternatives for a Pregnant Lady
If you want to avoid using deodorants yet wish to enjoy sweat-free running while pregnant, then read below to know some great alternatives:
- Underarm wipes
- Baby powder
- Corn starch
- Baking soda
- Loose cotton clothing
- Frequent showers
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the Results of Using Natural Deodorant?
On using a natural deodorant, you will see a good change in your underarm skin. It won’t prick or become red due to skin infections. Also, you will find fewer yellow stains on your clothes. This happens due to the exclusion of aluminum from your perfume.
Is Body Odor More Intense When Pregnant?
The most probable answer to this is no, it isn’t. However, your olfactory hormones work intensely when pregnant. Therefore, you might end up feeling that you are stinking when actually you are not!
We hope this article helped you know a lot about the best pregnancy safe deodorant in 2021. Always check the ingredients’ label before purchasing a fragrance and consider consulting a doctor in case of skin irritation. So, which natural deodorant are you going to buy? Do tell us!