- 1 Top 10 Best Polaroid Cameras for Kids: Comparison Table
- 1.1 Best Overall: Fujifilm Instax Mini 11 Instant Camera Review
- 1.2 Great Picture Quality: Polaroid Originals OneStep 2 VF Review
- 1.3 Great for Making Selfies: Fujifilm Instax Mini 9 Instant Camera Review
- 1.4 Best For Filming in Wide Format: Fujifilm Instax Wide 300 Instant Film Camera Review
- 1.5 Best for Younger Kids: Dragon Touch InstantFun Instant Print Camera Review
- 1.6 Most Authentic: Polaroid Originals 600 Camera Review
- 1.7 60 Days Battery Life: Polaroid OneStep+ Instant Film Camera Review
- 1.8 Most Easy to Use: Sharper Image Instant Camera Review
- 1.9 Best Design: KODAK Printomatic Digital Instant Print Camera Review
- 1.10 Best for Boys: Polaroid Originals Now i-Type Camera Review
- 2 How Do Polaroid Cameras Work?: Mechanism of a Polaroid Camera
- 3 Benefits of Polaroid Cameras in Children
- 4 Pros and Cons of Polaroid Cameras
- 5 What Should You Consider Before Buying a Polaroid Camera?
- 6 Some Cool Hacks and Tricks Performed With a Polaroid
- 7 Taking Care of your Polaroid Camera
- 8 Final Word
Top 10 Best Polaroid Cameras for Kids: Comparison Table
Best Overall: Fujifilm Instax Mini 11 Instant Camera Review
- Slim body size with transparent ring lens
- Automatic Exposure - The Mini 11 automatically selects the optimal shutter speed in any environment. Mini 11 captures bright backgrounds and bright subjects, even in dark scenes.
- 1-touch Selfie Mode – The Mini 11 has a built-in macro mode and selfie mirror for the perfect selfie. You don’t need a close-up lens attachment. Just pull out the lens barrel until the “Selfie Mode” mark appears
- Customize your camera - 2 shutter button accessories are included - Jewel button and a Glow button.
- 2 - AA Batteries
Great Picture Quality: Polaroid Originals OneStep 2 VF Review
- Easy to use: Just point & shoot. Compose your shot, press the red button and magic will appear!
- Self-timer function - 60-day battery life: high performance lithium ion battery, 1300mAh, 3.7V nominal Voltage, 4.81Wh
- High-quality lens: Optical grade Polycarbonate and Acrylic lenses - Fixed focus lens: 2 feet - infinity - Field of view: 41 degrees vertical and 40 degrees horizontal
- Powerful built-in flash, Flash System: Vacuum discharge tube strobe - Shutter system: Custom design, using precision step motor shutter
- Included in box: OneStep 2 VF camera - USB charging cable - Neck strap - User manual
Great for Making Selfies: Fujifilm Instax Mini 9 Instant Camera Review
- New selfie mirror; Auto power off time: 5 min
- New macro lens adapter for close ups 35 centimeter to 50 centimeter; Shutter speed: 1 per 60 sec
- Automatic exposure measurement; The camera signals the recommended aperture setting with a flashing LED; This helps capture the perfect photo every time
- High key mode takes brighter pictures with a soft look perfect for portraits
- 2 AA batteries, picture size: 2.44 x 1.81 inch flash: Constant firing flash (automatic light adjustment) Recycle time: 0.2 sec to 6 sec (when using new batteries)
Best For Filming in Wide Format: Fujifilm Instax Wide 300 Instant Film Camera Review
- Automatic extending 95 millimeter f14 lens with two focus zones (0.9 to 3 meter and 3 meter to infinity)
- Optical viewfinder. Tri-pod socket. Four size AA 1.5 V alkaline batteries (Best with Polaroid AA batteries). Dimensions- (not including protrusions) 6.6 x 3.7 x 4.7 inches
- Picture size 62 millimeter × 99 millimeter, close-up lens for shots up to 40 centimeter from the subject. Shutter release- Programmed electronic shutter release, 1/64 sec - 1/200 sec. Power supply- Four size AA 1.5 V alkaline batteries (LR6), capacity - 10 film packs (Based on our test conditions)
- Light and dark control to help add high and low-key effects in the picture. Fill-in flash by flash-on button
- Works with Fujifilm Instax Wide Film only - ISO800. Film size: 3.38 x 4.25(inches), picture size: 2.44 x 3.9 (inches)
Best for Younger Kids: Dragon Touch InstantFun Instant Print Camera Review
- [Portable Kids-Friendly Digital Camera] This camera is designed for kids aged 4-11. It comes with a 2-inch color screen, simple five buttons, anti-drop silicon design and a durable lanyard that allows kids carry it anywhere and enjoy the fun of recording daily life.
- [Instant Print Multi Fun] Instant print feature enables kids get their photos and share their memories in seconds after pressing print button. Kids can print over 750 photos with included paper rolls.
- [Perfect DIY Gift For Cultivating Creativity] The kids can do more than simple photo shooting with the built-in effect filters, frames, cards and line drawings to expand their creation. And they can decorate and color the printed photos with the included stickers and color pencils. This camera is a great gift for both your kids and their friends on Christmas or Birthday, and it also helps them explore a creative and unique view of life.
- [An Easy Way In The World Of Photography] More features packed in this camera help your kids to capture the moments: 8 mega-pixel photo shooting, selfies, timed photo, FHD video recording, cyclic recording and other helpful settings (date & time stamp, auto power off, screen saver, etc.). Built-in rechargeable lithium battery supports hours of use. Files can be transferred via USB or card reader (Micro SD card is not included).
- [Package Contents & Professional Customer Service] Dragon Touch InstantFun Camera*1, USB Data Cable*1, Lanyard*1, Cartoon Sticker*3, Print Paper Roll*5, Color Pencils Set*1, Quick Start Guide*1.
Most Authentic: Polaroid Originals 600 Camera Review
- Polaroid 600 camera
- Uses 600 film and prints instantly!
- Fixed focus lens
- Fitted with protective film shield
- Vintage Polaroid camera lovingly refurbished by Polaroid
60 Days Battery Life: Polaroid OneStep+ Instant Film Camera Review
- Original Polaroid Format - easy to use - 60-day battery life - powerful flash - self-timer mode
- Bluetooth-connected app: full manual control - double exposure - light painting - noise trigger - and more!
- Standard & portrait lenses: you can switch between two different lenses. One for portraits so you can take a photo from 1ft to 3ft. The second is the standard lens: photos from 3ft to infinity.
- Available for iOS and Android
- Compatible with I-type and 600 film.Tripod Mounting Thread:1/4 inch-20 Female
Most Easy to Use: Sharper Image Instant Camera Review
- CAPTURE YOUR MEMORIES: Print photos on the spot with this stylish modern take on the vintage instant camera. It uses ISO 800 instant mini film to print small 3.34” X 2.12” photos (film not included).
- FLASH & ENVIRONMENTAL LIGHTING FUNCTIONS: The instant camera has a built-in flash feature, as well as five different brightness settings for use in different lighting levels both indoors & outdoors.
- BUILT-IN LENS COVER & WRIST STRAP: The camera keeps its lens safe with a built-in telescoping lens cover. A handy wrist strap is also included for easy camera portability & photography!
- GREAT GIFTS FOR ALL OCCASIONS: Whether it's for yourself or a gift for someone special, check out our latest innovative products, from air purifiers to toys & games to luxury items for home or office!
- SHARPER IMAGE: We offer the latest home electronics, air purifiers, high tech gadgets, toys, grooming items & other lifestyle products, designed & built with the latest styles & technology.
Best Design: KODAK Printomatic Digital Instant Print Camera Review
- ALL-IN-ONE PHOTOGRAPY - The Point-and-Shoot Printomatic Camera offers a powerful 5MP sensor and wide angle f/2 lens. The Printomatic is the ideal all-in-one solution for capturing and sharing vibrant prints instantaneously wherever you are
- FAST EASY AND FUN - This point and shoot the camera speed allows you to shoot a new photo while printing the previous shot. It also comes equipped with a light sensor that will automatically turn on the flash in low-light settings
- ONE STOP PRINTING - The Kodak Printomatic camera instantly prints 2x3” photos. The camera uses Kodak Zink Photo Paper, so no ink cartridges, toners or film are needed. The photo prints are durable, water-resistant, tear resistant and smudge free
- CHARMING DESIGN - Comes in variety of fun, bold colors. Compact design slips neatly into your shirt pocket. Make it easy to carry around as you go about your day, ensuring you always have your printomatic with you
- INSTANT VALUE - Despite its many digital technological advancements the Kodak Printomatic Camera is an easy-to-use product. The camera has slots for attaching a neck strap, and saves photos to a MicroSD card
Best for Boys: Polaroid Originals Now i-Type Camera Review
- BE A MOMENT HUNTER: Bring the Disney+ series home with The Mandalorian Edition Polaroid Now analog instant camera.
- NOW: Polaroid's new point-and-shoot analog instant camera has all you need to catch every life moment in an original Polaroid photograph.
- NEW & IMPROVED: Now with autofocus, it’s simple to capture moments as you see them, so you can relive them forever in sharp, vivid color.
- DOUBLE EXPOSURE: Frame two moments in one with double exposure, or get yourself in the picture with self-timer and an accurate flash to make everyone look like they should.
- POINT. SHOOT. KEEP FOREVER: Now is compatible with both i-Type and 600 film.
How Do Polaroid Cameras Work?: Mechanism of a Polaroid Camera
To find the perfect Polaroids for kids it’s important to have a bird’s eye view of how Polaroid cameras work. Using an instant camera is fairly straightforward. You put a Polaroid film containing chemical packets inside the camera. When you take a photo, the film is passed through a roller that bursts the little pouch and coats the film with the reagent, developing the photograph. It is extremely easy to operate, so even a 7-year-old could use it.
Benefits of Polaroid Cameras in Children
- The gadget is catchy: Kids born in the age of high-speed internet are accustomed to instant gratification and faster results. Polaroid camera for kids develops instantly so youngsters can hold their pictures in their hands as soon as they click them. It will also make them popular among their peers because who doesn’t want to hang out with someone with a new and catchy instant camera for kids?
- Promotes a hobby: Children’s Polaroid camera will open their eyes to a new exciting hobby i.e. photography. Today’s hobbies are tomorrow’s professions, with the growing popularity of unconventional professions, your kid might become a world-famous photographer. Besides, photography in itself is a rewarding hobby that will help your little one see the world through different lenses.
- The kids will be able to save memories: Think about how little you really remember your own childhood because we only took pictures on special occasions. We didn’t have the opportunity to capture what truly fascinated us before childhood sense of wonder was lost to age. Give your children a kid’s Polaroid camera to help them immortalize their childhood as they see it.
- More to life than technology: Developing children need constant mental stimulation and sufficient physical activity. Kids nowadays are hooked to their smartphones, tabs, laptops, and video games that promote a stagnant lifestyle. There’s more to life than shimmering screens and shiny technology, so getting the children Polaroid cameras for kids will encourage them to explore their surroundings.
Pros and Cons of Polaroid Cameras
Like everything else, Polaroid cameras come with their own pros and cons. Some pros of kid’s instant camera are:
- Instant photo development. Within 15 minutes your child will have a fully developed photograph in their hands.
- Portable due to its small, lightweight build.
- Convenient to capture the moment.
- Polaroid pictures make beautiful collages, decorations, and wall hangings.
- Polaroid cameras are way cheaper than digital cameras.
- These are the perfect gifts for boys and girls of young age.
Some cons of instant cameras according to this Polaroid cameras for kids reviews are:
- Polaroid films can be very expensive.
- The quality of the photos might disappoint some people.
- Not apt for professional photography as it does not have nearly as many functions and settings as a digital camera.
- You cannot edit photos.
What Should You Consider Before Buying a Polaroid Camera?
You are buying the Polaroids for kids, so you should always keep in their convenience and comfort in mind. A few things you should look for before making your purchase are –
Is the build of the camera suitable for my child?
If the camera is too large, their little hands will not be able to use it properly. The shape and color have to be eye-catching to attract their attention. Luckily there are plenty of small candy-colored best instant cameras for kids available for your child to enjoy.
How durable is the camera?
Children often tend to break their toys, hence, it is important that their special camera can withstand a few bruises.
Is the camera easy to use?
If the camera’s mechanism is too complicated, your kid will not be able to figure out how to use it.
Is the quality of the image satisfactory?
The image quality of Polaroids is not as good as digital photos. Keep in mind that Polaroids are for spontaneous fun, not professional photography.
Some Cool Hacks and Tricks Performed With a Polaroid
Here are some cool hacks and tricks to make taking instant pictures more fun!
- Instead of buying the camera, film, tripods separately, buy a starting it. It is often much cheaper.
- Kids are often a bundle of energy, and they might ruin the photo with unsteady hands, so buy a tripod.
- Buying polaroid films in bulk is more affordable than buying them separately.
- Natural light is preferable to artificial light.
- Take close-ups since Polaroid films are small, and if you stand at a distance, your subject will not be visible.
- Hold the colorful paper over your lens for awesome effects.
- Monochrome backgrounds ensure good contrast.
Taking Care of your Polaroid Camera
It’s not enough to just buy the best Polaroid camera for kids there maintenance is equally necessary. Thankfully, Polaroid cameras are not high maintenance. To keep your camera in good shape:
- Regularly clean the camera, especially wipe the lenses.
- Keep it in the box or a cover when not using.
- Make sure it does not come into contact with water.
There is truly no other gift as unique and engaging as a Polaroid camera. Bond with your child over the excitement and nostalgia brought on by instant cameras. Watch them capture tiny snippets of youth on film that they will cherish for a long, long time. We hope this review helps you in your search for the best polaroid cameras for kids 2021.