What is Nutramigen?
It’s a hypoallergenic formula made by honorable Enfamil brand, formulated for infants with an allergy towards cow milk. You’ll find these in two forms – powder and liquid, both in can containers. From nutramigen reviews, you’ll know that it has hydrolyzed milk powder casein for babies with milk allergy and probiotic LGG which promotes digestive health. It also has Mortierella alpina and Crypthecodinium cohnii oils. It doesn’t have the best taste.
Who is This Formula For?
From nutramigen versus alimentum research, it is known that nutramigen is for infants with digestive issues, acid reflux, lactose intolerance, and gasses.
- From Nutramigen vs Alimentum comparison, it’s known that it is specially made for babies with lactose intolerance and colic
- Doesn’t have sucrose
- Can substitute cow milk
- The LGG has Lactobacillus rhamnosus, which keeps the stomach free from harmful bacteria
Pros & Cons
What is Alimentum?
This hypoallergenic formula is made by well-known Similac brand. From Similac Alimentum vs Nutramigen comparison, you’d know that the alimentum is packed with precious nutrients. It has hydrolyzed casein and free amino acids for infants with protein sensitivity. It has arachidonic acid and docosahexaenoic acid. It comes in both powder and liquid forms and tastes less palatable. The Nutramigen vs Alimentum taste will tell you that both taste the same.
Who is This Formula For?
For infants with digestive problems, refluxes, and gas and lactose intolerance.
- From Enfamil vs Similac comparison you’d know that both are hypoallergenic and lactose-free
- Contains DHA, lutein, vitamin E, and iron
- Doesn’t have an artificial growth hormone
- Free from palm oil and corn
Pros & Cons
Nutramigen vs Alimentum Differences
Looking at Nutramigen vs Alimentum ingredients, you know that nutramigen provides complete nutrition like breast milk, although it lacks soy and dairy. It has DHA, ARA for brain and eye development with probiotics for smooth digestion. Alimentum has total nutrition including DHA, ARA. The proteins are pre-digested and broken down to prevent any allergy.
Thanks to baby formula reviews, we know that a special formula will take two weeks to work. But it was informed that Nutramigen works instantaneously after some feedings from Enfamil vs Similac. 90% of the infants got relief from this formula for gassy babies within 48 hours. The effectiveness of baby formula will depend on how your infant is accepting it. Some may don’t like the taste, while those who can take the product will see the results quicker.
Taste and Odour
From Similac Alimentum vs Enfamil nutramigen comparison, you’ll know that with both being hypoallergenic formulas, they’re not very tasty.
The difference between nutramigen and alimentum is that the latter is cheaper than the former.
|Effectiveness||Can work within 48 hours; lowers gas||Can work within 24 hours; lowers gas|
|Eczema||Varies depending on babies||Varies depending on babies|
|Taste||Strong taste||Mild taste|
|Age range||0-12 months||0-12 months|
|Acting time||Within 48 hours||Within 24 hours|
|Formula forms||Powder and liquid||Powder, liquid, and Read to Feed|
- Kabrita Goat Milk Formula
- Naturally easy to digest, premium non-GMO goat milk formula, ideal for weaning and supplementing.
- May be a solution for children with cow milk sensitivity*. Tummy troubles, congestion, and eczema may be associated with cow milk sensitivity. *not suitable for children with cow milk protein allergy
- Kabrita Goat Milk Formula has a mild, sweet and fresh taste and smell. A safe, effective and nutritious alternative to homemade goat milk formula recipes.
- Nutritionally fortified goat milk formula with 22 vitamins and minerals including folic acid, DHA, ARA, and iron.
- Our playful, happy goats are raised on family farms and graze on fresh grasses.
For babies who can tolerate goat milk. It has nutrients, DHA, ARA, vitamins, and aids smooth digestion. There was no recalling of this formula.
- Enfamil Prosobee
- Contains 4 20.9 ounce containers of baby formula soy milk powder (Total = 83.6 ounces)
- Gentle, complete nutrition tailored for your baby through their first 12 months
- Enfamil is the #1 Infant Formula brand recommended by pediatricians*
- Enfamil ProSobee has the same brain-nourishing DHA levels** as Enfamil routine formula to foster cognitive brain development
- SNAP ELIGIBLE - Eligible to be purchased with Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits
It’s made of soy, which aids brain and heart development due to DHA, ARA presence. It has plant source protein. No recalling ever.
What is cow milk allergy and what are its symptoms?
New research at the American College of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology (ACAAI) Annual Scientific Meeting found that over two percent of all U.S. children under the age of 5 have a milk allergy, and 53 percent of food-allergic infants under age 1 have a cow’s milk allergy.
It happens when the infant cannot tolerate milk protein and the immune system overreacts,
How do hypoallergenic formulas work?
They are processed and broken mixtures that reduce gas, reflux, allergies, colic, vomiting, and diarrhea. They have hydrolyzed casein for lactose intolerance and aids smooth digestion in infants with digestion issues and cow milk allergies.
Can babies still be allergic to nutramigen or alimentum?
These are hypoallergenic formulas that shouldn’t cause any allergies, however, it’s always possible that your child can still be allergic to either of the two if it doesn’t suit them. Choose the best one after careful observation.
Now you know the difference between the two products. It’s your choice to compare the Nutramigen vs Alimentum baby formula and purchase the one which is highly recommended as well as top-rated. Nutramigen will ease milk protein allergy and gas problems in 48 hours, substitutes cow milk, and is very nutrient rich. Alimentum will ease colic issues within 24 hours, costs less, but is not recommended for premature infants. The choice is up to you, to pick the best option for your little one.
Observe your child’s reaction to both the products and stick with the one your baby likes!
- 1 What is Nutramigen?
- 2 What is Alimentum?
- 3 Key Features
- 4 Nutramigen vs Alimentum Differences
- 5 Alternatives
- 6 FAQ
- 7 Final Word