Top 10 Narrowest Booster Seats: Comparison Table
Best Overall: Top Compact Design - Graco SlimFit 3 in 1 Convertible Car Seat Review
- All in One seat grows with Your child from 5 100 pound, rear to forward facing and becomes a belt positioning booster; save space in Your back seat with Unique rotating cup Holders; metal and plastic parts may be cleaned with mild soap and Cool Water; Buckle may be cleaned with a damp cloth
- Simply Safe Adjust Harness System adjusts the height of Your harness and headrest; integrated harness storage compartment Holds unused harness straps while seat is a belt positioning booster
- Engineered & crash tested to meet or exceed US Standard FMVSS 213; the Slim Fit car seat has been side impact tested for occupant retention solely with the built in 5 Point harness system; features EPS foam
- In Right Latch system for an Easy, one second Latch attachment; 4 position recline helps keep Your growing child comfy, in rear and forward facing modes
- Plush Supports keep Your child comfortable and are removable; washable seat cover is Easy to access without removing the harness; Car seat depth is 16.25 inch; Car seat height is 25.5 inch; Car seat width inside is 19.75 inch
Lightweight & Safe: #1 Best Seller in Child Safety Booster Car Seats - Graco Tranzitions 3 in 1 Harness Booster Seat Review
- 3 in 1 harness booster helps protect your child, from toddler to youth; harness booster (22 to 65 pounds), high back booster (30 to 100 pounds), backless booster (40 to 100 pounds)
- Simply Safe Adjust Harness System adjusts the height of your harness and headrest in one motion; one hand, 5 position adjustable headrest easily adapts for your growing child; Buckle may be cleaned with a damp cloth
- Engineered & rigorously crash tested to meet or exceed US standard FMVSS 213; the Nautilus 65 has been side impact tested for occupant retention solely with the built in 5 point harness system
- Open loop belt guides properly position vehicle seat belt across child; seat pad, body support and harness covers are comfortable and machine washable
- Dual cup holders help keep your child's drink close; lightweight, portable seat is ideal for busy, active parents
Best Backless Model: Chicco GoFit Backless Booster Car Seat Review
- Ergo Boost contoured seat with double foam padding provides support in all the right places
- Removable, machine-washable seat pad and armrest covers
- 2 fold-away cup holders are removable and dishwasher-safe
- Integrated lap belt guides and a shoulder belt clip
- Built-in carry handle makes it easy to transfer from vehicle to vehicle
Easiest To Carry And Store: Graco Turbo GO Backless Booster Car Seat Review
- Booster folds compactly making it easy to carry, store or keep an extra on hand.
- Helps safely transport your big kid from 40-100 lb
- Seat pad is comfortable and machine-washable
- Integrated, steel-reinforced belt guides help properly position vehicle seat belt across child
- Lightweight booster is easy to carry on the go
Extra Height: Cosco Topside Booster Car Seat Review
- Secure fit: The Cosco topside booster car seat gives your little one the extra height they need so that your car’s seat belt will fit safely and securely on them
- Suitable for 40 100 pounds: The seat is designed to hold children weighing between 40 and 100 pounds and from 43″ to 57″ in height
- Extra comfy plush pad: The booster helps make long rides more comfortable thanks to the plush padding on the seat
- Easy to move and install: Need to change cars? The lightweight design and compact size make it easy to move from car to car; It’s that easy
- Leaves car seats unmarked: The cosco topside booster seat has been carefully designed to leave your car seats unmarked; This will help keep your car seats to remain smoother, without the annoying indentations other seats leave behind
For Older Kids: Evenflo Big Kid LX High Back Booster Review
- 2 Modes of Use: Seat easily transitions from high back to no back booster Safety for Older Kids: Giving them the extra boost they need for proper vehicle belt fit
- 6 Position Height Adjustment: Easily adjust the height with one hand, offering a better fit for your child as they grow, Correct Positioning: The included belt clip facilitates correct vehicle belt positioning around your child's shoulder.
- Dual, Integrated Cup Holders: 2 Cup holders are built into the seat, keeping drinks and snacks close and allowing the driver to stay focused on the road
- Easy To Clean: Removable seat pad is wipe able and machine-washable, Easy Vehicle to Vehicle: The lightweight booster is easy to move between vehicles, perfect for on-the-go families
- Cool Colors: Let your big kid express their individuality with a variety of fun colors and patterns. With backrest-44 to 57 inches and tops of the child’s ears are at or below the top of the booster seat headrest
Great Adjustability: Graco TurboBooster TakeAlong Highback Booster Review
- Two-way portability for safety on the go. Seat nests in high back mode and has a handle for easy storage and carrying. In backless mode, it folds via the Fast Action Fold, becomes 50% smaller and has a carry bag.
- Two seats in one: high back belt-positioning booster car seat and backless belt-positioning booster seat for kids 40-100 lb
- One-hand, 6-position adjustable headrest is easy to use and adapts for your growing child
- Dual space-saving cup holders swivel in and out.Car Seat Depth- 15.75 inches.Car Seat Width Outside- 16.93 inches. Car Seat Height- 27.17 inches
- Includes a carry bag for the backless booster for easy portability; Metal and plastic parts may be cleaned with mild soap and water
Reinforced Steel Core: Diono 2020 Radian 3RXT Car Seat Review
- NEW FOR 2020: SAFE & COMFORTABLE NEWBORN POSITIONING - Features newborn travel high wedge to create a lie-flat travel position
- NEW FOR 2020: REAR-FACING FOR LONGER - Designed and engineered to keep your child rear facing for even longer up to 50 lb /22.7 kg approx. 4 years old
- 10 YEARS ONE CAR SEAT - With 4 ways to travel from birth to booster, the radian 3RXT adapts as your child grows to offer a custom fit from birth up to 120 lb / 54kg
- STEEL CORE - Mechanically engineered, reinforced steel core, made from automotive grade high strength steel to shield and protect
- THE ORIGINAL 3 ACROSS - Built with our famous radian slim fit design, to fit 3 across in most vehicles without compromising child or passenger comfort
Premium Fabrics: Maxi-Cosi RodiFix Booster Seat Review
- Is fix: built in retractable rigid latch connectors
- Forward facing 30-120 pounds and up to 57"
- Synchronized multi height headrest and expanding side wings grow with child
- Reclines to match seat back angle for best fit
- Locking shoulder belt guides and easy front access recline system
Good For Small Children: Baby Trend Hybrid Booster 3-in-1 Car Seat Review
- "Stage 1: Weight 22-50 lbs Height 29"" -48"" Stage 2: Weight 30-100 lbs Height 38""-50"" Stage 3: Weight 40-100 lbs Height 42""-57"""
- Seat pad, body insert, and harness covers are removable and hand-washable
- The weight range for the product recommended is 22 pounds to 100 pounds
- Convenient multi-size cup holders for drink and snack
- Multiple-position head support provides superior side impact protection
Buyer’s Guide: The best narrowest booster seat
Getting a new car that fits your new requirements as a parent is never an option. But getting the small booster seat is feasible. You need to pay attention to its safety features most. It needs to be affordable and easy to use.
If you have toddlers, you should go for a narrow booster seat with a harness. Your car size also matters. If you have a small car, you better look for car seats for small cars. You should pay attention to the customer reviews and compare the features yourself.
Everyone’s requirements differ. It is better that you make a checklist of your requirements and then look for the best narrow booster seat 2020 on the market.
What is a narrow booster seat? What is it for?
How many times have you wondered, is this car seat safe for my kids? Will these seat belts hold them in place in case of an accident? The answer is no. Conventional car seats are designed for adults. To make them max safe for kids, you need the best booster car seats.
These are compact booster seats in which you can fit over the car seats. Their size protects the kids against road mishaps.
How to choose the best narrowest booster seat
All slim booster seats are not the same. You need to accept the fact that companies are more concerned about their profit than the kids’ safety. So, refrain from getting away with high-profile advertisements. Check every technical detail of the narrow booster seat.
Pay attention to the narrowest booster seat reviews. Customers always point out the pros and cons of a product without any brand promotion. A top-rated seat may come at an affordable cost. But what matters most is safety measures.
So, let us have a look at the check-points:
Size of Your Car
If you have small cars, opt for slim car seats. They take up less space. Also, the age of your child matters. You need infant seats for kids less than 2 years, convertible seats for toddlers till 5 years of age, and booster seats for kids above 5.
Features for fitting small cars
Typically, SUVs and minivans are designed to accommodate 3 narrow booster seats on their back. However, this number can differ for small cars. Also, the design of the booster seat matters. You should look for harnesses and latches that hold them in place.
Also, look for additional features like:
- Collapsible seats
- Collapsible cup and milk-bottle holders
- Narrow backless booster seat for better space usage
- Compatible with road safety standards
- Compatible with air-travel standards
Easy to install and use
Narrow booster seats should be easy to install and should not take considerable time to fit in your kids.
- Shoulder and waist straps: Look for 2 adjustable shoulder straps and 2 waist straps. For added safety, ensure that it has 1 leg strap, compatible with the car latch system, and also side cushions against blows.
- Anti-rebound bars: It is a bar near the booster seat’s foot to prevent kids from injury in case of an accident.
Choosing narrow booster seat: Safety suggestions
- Always ensure that the booster seat complies with road and air travel guidelines. If you fly often. You need to ensure that your booster seat meets safety protocols in most countries.
- Go through the car’s and booster seat’s installation guide carefully. Ensure that they are compatible and will hold the baby securely.
- Go through narrowest booster seat reviews on different forums and then choose the best.
- Ensure that the harness and latches are strong enough.
Top booster car seat brands 2020
Brand reputation is a credible way to save some time while shopping. If you want to blindly trust some, these are the ones that have carved a niche for them over the time:
- Peg Perego
Best narrowest booster seat FAQ
How do I know that the booster seat is installed securely?
Move it strongly in all the directions. In any direction, it should not displace more than an inch.
When can I use a backless booster seat?
When your child is old enough to sit without support, you can switch to a narrow backless booster seat.
Can I reuse an old booster seat?
No. booster seats have a safety age. After that, they are not safe to use. If you have been in an accident with a booster seat, you should dispose of it off.
Can you put a booster in the middle seat?
Usually, the middle seats do not come with seat belts and proper head support. Also, in case of a rear accident, the blow will throw the kid directly onto the car front, proving dangerous. So, you should not put a booster there.
What age can you take the back off a booster seat?
When your kid exceeds the height limit and can sit properly without support, you can take the back off a booster seat.
Are high back booster seats safer than backless?
Not exactly! This depends upon the kids’ age. If your kid is still small and needs support to sit straight for long, you should continue with a high back booster seat. As soon as they cross the height and weight limit, the backless seat will serve the purpose.
Do Booster Seats Need To Be Anchored?
This depends on the booster seat model. Some come with a 5-point latch system that does not require anchoring. Those without it need to be anchored properly to the car seat.
Verdict and Our Recommendation for 2020
We understand that you wish the best for your kids. That is why our testers went through rigorous tests on these booster seats to present to you the best narrow booster seat 2020.
The narrowest booster seat on the market scores high on security, comfort, and ease of use. If you wish to know more about the best narrow booster seat, visit top-mom.com.
- 1 Top 10 Narrowest Booster Seats: Comparison Table
- 1.1 Best Overall: Top Compact Design - Graco SlimFit 3 in 1 Convertible Car Seat Review
- 1.2 Lightweight & Safe: #1 Best Seller in Child Safety Booster Car Seats - Graco Tranzitions 3 in 1 Harness Booster Seat Review
- 1.3 Best Backless Model: Chicco GoFit Backless Booster Car Seat Review
- 1.4 Easiest To Carry And Store: Graco Turbo GO Backless Booster Car Seat Review
- 1.5 Extra Height: Cosco Topside Booster Car Seat Review
- 1.6 For Older Kids: Evenflo Big Kid LX High Back Booster Review
- 1.7 Great Adjustability: Graco TurboBooster TakeAlong Highback Booster Review
- 1.8 Reinforced Steel Core: Diono 2020 Radian 3RXT Car Seat Review
- 1.9 Premium Fabrics: Maxi-Cosi RodiFix Booster Seat Review
- 1.10 Good For Small Children: Baby Trend Hybrid Booster 3-in-1 Car Seat Review
- 2 Buyer’s Guide: The best narrowest booster seat
- 2.1 What is a narrow booster seat? What is it for?
- 2.2 How to choose the best narrowest booster seat
- 2.3 Choosing narrow booster seat: Safety suggestions
- 2.4 Top booster car seat brands 2020
- 3 Best narrowest booster seat FAQ
- 3.1 How do I know that the booster seat is installed securely?
- 3.2 When can I use a backless booster seat?
- 3.3 Can I reuse an old booster seat?
- 3.4 Can you put a booster in the middle seat?
- 3.5 What age can you take the back off a booster seat?
- 3.6 Are high back booster seats safer than backless?
- 3.7 Do Booster Seats Need To Be Anchored?
- 4 Verdict and Our Recommendation for 2020