- 1 Why Should I Use a Baby Breathing Monitor?
- 2 What is Nanit Baby Monitor?
- 3 What is Owlet Baby Monitor?
- 4 Nanit vs Owlet In-Depth Comparison
- 5 Notable Alternatives
- 6 Final Words
Why Should I Use a Baby Breathing Monitor?
Simply put – they offer a huge help in taking care of your little angel. Do you know how fast the market for baby monitors is growing? It’s predicted that the industry would see a further boom in the near future. That alone shows how satisfied and at peace parents are when they have a baby monitor installed in the baby’s room.
And moreover, there are several other reasons why baby breathing monitor is so important:
- Helps you monitor breathing patterns: A baby breathing monitor is useful, since it helps you monitor your baby’s breathing pattern. It will alert you regarding any breathing abnormalities or if the baby is crying or wakes up.
- A must have for babies who have chronic disorder: It helps you trace certain problems that would have been very difficult to trace with the naked eye. Thus, it is a mandatory gadget for children who have been diagnosed with chronic breathing problems such as sleep apnea, asthma, or cystic fibrosis.
- Helps you keep track: In addition to the alert in breathing patterns, the baby breathing monitor will also allow you to make a log of your child’s breathing patterns. That might help your doctor in the treatment.
- SIDS prevention: SIDS may occur to children under 1 year in their sleep. A baby monitor lets you track sleep and helps you detect the slightest discomfort in the earliest stage.
What is Nanit Baby Monitor?
- ALWAYS BE CONNECTED: Get a crystal clear HD bird's eye view of your baby, day or night from anywhere on your iOS, Android, Kindle Fire, or Echo Show device. Hear or speak to your baby with two-way audio. Listen while using other apps or even when your screen is turned off with background audio. Receive real-time sound and motion notifications with adjustable sensitivity. Plus, monitor the temperature and humidity of the nursery to ensure they're comfortable.
- SLEEP TRACKING & GUIDANCE: Nanit gives you your baby's sleep stats each morning, plus a timelapse highlight reel of their sleep, so you can rewatch their entire night in seconds. Get personalized, science-backed sleep guidance and tips from the world’s leading pediatric sleep experts, right in your Nanit app.
- MAKING MEMORIES, MADE EASY: With Nanit Memories, your Nanit camera captures your baby’s finest moments automatically right in your app. Celebrate fun moments and growth milestones every step of the way, wherever you are. Share with friends and family, and hold onto their Memories forever.
- SAFE, SECURE, AND HSA/FSA APPROVED: 256-bit encryption keeps your data safe, and two-factor authentication keeps your account secure. Invite the whole parenting team to access your camera, and with user permissions, you can control exactly what each user can see and do. Use your Health Savings Account or Flex Spending Account to purchase Nanit. Nanit includes one year of Nanit Insights sleep tracking and video history. Nanit comes with a 1-year limited manufacturer's warranty.
- AWARD-WINNING: CES 2020 Innovation Award, 2020 Business Insider's Best Video Baby Monitor, 2019 Forbes' Best Baby Monitor, 2018 TIME's Best Invention.
How Does It Work?
The camera captures your baby’s every movement so that you do not miss out on them and cherish them forever. It also assures that the baby is never out of sight.
The Nanit baby monitor allows you to add “breathing wear” which makes it possible for you to read their breathing. You will get an alert on your smartphone if there happens to be any irregular breathing activity.
The Nanit smart baby monitor works in association with the Nanit app. It helps you track and record your child’s activities. Moreover, according to a lot of baby monitor reviews 2021, it gives you clear audio and visuals along with precise functions. The app is supported on every device be it android or IOS.
- Monitors humidity and temperature of the nursery.
- Tracks your child’s sleeping and breathing cycle.
- HSA/FSA approved and thus absolutely safe for your baby
- The camera ensures you keep an eye on your child always. It allows you to share data with other people.
- Two-way audio
Pros and Cons
What is Owlet Baby Monitor?
- Tracks Baby’s oxygen & heart rate - View readings in real-time with Owlet App.
- Tells you when Baby needs you - Base Station and Owlet app notify you when readings leave “safe” zones.
- Fits babies 0 to 18 months -Fabric socks fit 5 lbs. to 30 lbs., for both left and right feet.
- 16 Hour Battery + Quick Charge - Get 8 hours in 20 min., and a full charge in 90 min.
- Wireless Charging - Convenient drop-and-go charging on the Base Station.
How Does It Work?
The Smart Sock
The Owlet Smart Sock tracks your child’s heart rate and oxygen while they are sleeping. The strap around your child’s feet allows the app to collect relevant data. It alerts you whenever your baby requires attention. It also maintains a track in your app that will help you denote an abnormality. The pulse oximetry technology that the device uses is proven to be accurate. This feature gives Owlet an upper hand in any baby monitor comparison. Moreover, according to a lot of Owlet reviews, parents are very satisfied with this model.
Your Owlet baby monitor comes with a decent camera. It allows you to monitor your child’s movement anytime you want just like any other similar device. It features night vision and 130-degree angle lens lets you have a clear view
The Owlet App
The Owlet app helps you store and analyze all of the data that the device picks up over a period of time. It too can be downloaded on any device.
- The smart sock
- Fabric sock monitor
- Sleep tracking
- Wireless charging
Pros and Cons
Nanit vs Owlet In-Depth Comparison
|Monitors||Sleep and breathing motion||Oxygen levels, heart rate, and sleep.|
|Sensor technology||Room temperature and Night Vision||Night vision|
|Resolution||960p video resolution (HD)||1080p video resolution (HD)|
|Special features||1-year warranty Alerts for crying and sleep||Blood oxygen level alerts|
Both monitors let you track the child’s sleep pattern. However, according to a lot of baby monitor reviews 2021 – Nanit is more accurate as it is precisely meant to do so. Owlet on the other hand gives you okayish sleep tracking along with other crucial trackings such as blood oxygen and heart rate.
Alerts and Notifications
When it comes to alerts in Nanit vs Owlet comparison, the latter naturally gives you more notification about oxygen and heart rate. However, both are effective in alarming you about any issues that may require your attention.
Owlet wins in the camera category of the Owlet vs Nanit debate. It has night vision just as Nanit Baby Monitor, but the quality is better with 1080p. That lets you have a clearer vision which is extremely important in the evening or nighttime. Moreover both Nanit and Owlet Baby Monitor have night vision, essential for every baby monitor.
Both the devices have a two-way audio system that lets you hear your baby throughout the day and do some minor communication. You can soothe your baby with your voice when needed without having to walk all the way over to his/her room.
Nanit does not require any battery whereas Owlet requires one.
Room Temperature Sensor
Nanit has a sensor to record the room temperature and humidity which helps parents to understand the reason behind a child’s discomfort. Owlet lacks this feature.
While Owlet and Nanit are one of the best on the market, there as still several brands that provide decent quality and functionality:
By the end of our nanit vs owlet baby monitor review, we wish to point out that both of these devices have a lot of great features, that work for a specific goal and preference.
For example if you want to monitor your baby’s breathing and sleep, you must settle for Nanit Baby Monitor; but if you are concerned about tracking oxygen level and heart rate – Owlet Smart Sock is a perfect choice for you!