- 1 Graco the Brand: A Brief Overview
- 2 Graco Extend2fit Overview
- 3 Graco 4ever Overview
- 4 Graco Extend2fit vs 4ever comparison
- 5 FAQs
- 6 Final Thoughts
Graco the Brand: A Brief Overview
Before we compare Graco car seats, we must first know about this brand. Graco is an American company, founded in 1942. In 1955, the company gave the world its first automatic baby swing and since then it has never disappointed in its baby products.
Since 1998, they have been manufacturing top-selling infant car seats. They also offer baby swings, play yards, strollers, high chairs, and travel systems.
Graco Extend2fit Overview
- Convertible car seat grows with your child from rear-facing harness (4-50lbs) to forward-facing harness (22-65 pounds)
- Made of Steel reinforced | Product dimensions – 20.75” D x 19” W x 24.5” H | Product weight – 19.25 lbs.
- Up to 50 pounds rear facing, allowing your child to safely ride rear-facing longer
- Graco ProtectPlus Engineered | Simply Safe Adjust no-rethread headrest and harness adjust together
- Extend2Fit 4-position adjustable extension panel provides up to 5" additional legroom, allowing your child to safely ride rear facing longer
Graco Extend2fit is an impressive infant car seat that comes with a booster mode. This seat is easy to use, versatile, and has two removable cup holders. Its steel-reinforced frame, energy-absorbing foam, and side-impact technology makes the safety quotient impeccable. However, it does not have a backless booster seat feature. This is the only category where Extend2fit falls behind in the Graco 4ever vs Extend2fit debate.
- Safety According: to Graco Extend2fit convertible car seat customer feedback, people are very satisfied with the safety quotient of it. It has a safe adjusted harness system and meets the U.S safety standard.
- Different adjustments: There are 6 recline positions in this baby car seat along with 10 headrest positions. These positions make traveling very comfortable for your baby. Graco extend2fit convertible car seat reviews extremely praise its adjustment features.
- Easy to install: Since it comes with a one-handed latch connector system, it is easy to install and move from one car to another.
- Price Point: From the price point, it outdoes its competitor in the Graco Extend2fit vs 4ever war.
Overall Pros and Cons of Graco extend2fit
Graco 4ever Overview
- 4 in 1 car seat gives you 10 years of use: seamlessly transforms from rear facing harness car seat (4 40 pounds), to forward facing harness car seat (22 65 pounds), to high back belt positioning booster (40 100 pounds), to backless belt positioning booster (40 120 pounds)
- Graco protect Plus engineered helps to protect Your little one in frontal, side, rear and rollover crashes
- Simply safe adjust harness system adjusts the height of your harness and headrest to 10 positions in one motion to ensure that Your child is always properly secured
- 6 position recline helps keep your growing child comfy on Your many journeys together
- The Graco exclusive In right Latch attachment provides an easy, one second attachment with an audible click to help ensure secure installation
According to convertible seat reviews, the Graco 4ever car seat is very durable. Although this model costs a little more than Extend2fit, you don’t have to buy another one for your toddler baby. Along with 6 recline positions, it has a removable head cushion. It also has the Graco Simply Safe Adjust Harness System that makes adjusting the car seat from rear-facing to forward-facing much easier.
- Booster Seat Modes: Graco 4ever has an additional booster seat mode that allows your child to use it for a longer time.
- Safety: Graco always pays a lot of attention to safety, so all their products are safe and sturdy. It abides by the US safety measures along with its five point harness system.
- Child Weight Range: Your child can easily use it if they’re between 4 to 120 lbs.
Overall Pros and Cons of Graco 4ever
Graco Extend2fit vs 4ever comparison
|NHTSA rating||4 stars||4 stars|
|Side impact protection||Trueshield technology||Graco ProtectPlus Engineered|
|Steel reinforced frame||w/ energy absorbing padding||w/ energy absorbing padding|
|Weight||23.2 pounds||22.8 pounds|
|Width||19.2 inches||19 inches|
|Removable and Machine-washable pad||Yes||Yes|
|Child height limit (RF)||Head must be at least one inch below the red handle||Head must be at least one inch below the red handle|
|Child height limit (FF)||Up to 49 inches||Up to 49 inches|
|Child weight limit||22 to 65 pounds||Up to 120 pounds|
|InRight LATCH System||Easy, one-second LATCH attachment||Easy, one-second LATCH attachment|
|Compatible w/ seat belt installation||Yes||Yes|
|Removable body and head cushion||Yes||Yes|
Graco extend2fit vs Graco 4ever debate initiates from the difference in their seats. The former cannot be used as a backless booster seat while the latter can be.
3 Position Extension Panel
Graco Extend2fit comes with an additional 3 position extension panel that gives your child extra leg-room. According to baby car seat reviews, this additional legroom lets your baby ride rear-facing up to 50 pounds.
The price point is very important in our extend2fit vs 4ever report. The former comes at a much lower price than the latter.
Rear-Facing and Forward Facing Car Seat
Both the convertible car seats can be used for forward-facing and rear-facing mode.
Simply Safe Adjust Harness System
With this feature, the harness and headrest on both seats can easily be adjusted. The 10 positional headrests assure the comfort of your baby.
Washable Seat Pad
Seat pads of both boosters can be easily washed in your washing-,machine. This makes maintenance much easier.
Integrated Cup Holder
Both seats have installed cup holders that allow your baby to keep his/her favorite drink close by.
InRight LATCH System
This feature too is found in both seats and ensures easy 1-second attachment with an audible click.
For how long my child must be rear-facing?
At least up to 2 years, all children must be rear-facing.
Can I turn Graco 4Ever or Extend2Fit into a stroller or can it be used as an infant carrier?
Graco Extend2fit can be transferred to a stroller but not Graco 4ever.
Can I fit the Graco 4ever on a plane?
Graco 4ever is approved by the FAA, so yes, you can fit it on a plane. However, keep in mind that it will be heavy for you to transport and carry around.
No matter which one you choose in the Graco Extend2fit vs 4ever car seat, you will get yourself a great deal. However, there are certain factors that you may consider before making the final call. If you want to have a car seat that will grow with your baby, you should go for the Graco 4ever model. But if you are right now a little tight on cash and want to get a great car seat for your infant, Extend2fit is your choice.
So think about what you need from a convertible seat, and choose the one that matches your budget and preferences! We’re certain that whichever you choose, your little one will be safe and comfortable!