TOP 9 Best Travel Crib: Comparison Chart
Best Overall: Guava Family Lotus Travel Crib Review
- WORRY-FREE AIRPORT TRAVEL - Designed to be easy to fly with the compact, light backpack carrying case. Set up is simple in 15 seconds and only weighs 13 lbs packed.
- CERTIFIED SAFE & NON-TOXIC - The only playard with GreenGuard Gold non-toxic certification (low voc & no lead, phthalates, pvc, heavy metals, etc). Full-height mesh guarantees best, breathable airflow.
- QUIET SIDE ZIPPER DOOR - Nurse or cuddle your little one to sleep, then just zip the lockable access door. Easier on your back, and when it’s time to play & crawl, more fun!
- COMFORTABLE MATTRESS - Perfect for sleep and play, our updated pad’s thick, soft foam is approved for newborns & infants for overnight sleep (0-3 years old)
- WHAT’S INCLUDED - You get a complete travel crib with the compact backpack carrying case. Two Year Warranty and great customer service. Sheets not included. Setup Crib Length: 42”, Width: 32”, Height: 25”. Folded (in Backpack) Length: 24”, Width: 7”, Height: 11”
Best For Baby: MiClassic All mesh 2in1 Stationary&Rock Bassinet Review
- Bassinet can be STATIONARY! Rock modeis only used to soothe baby.
- One-second open&fold system makes bassinet easy to transport or store. Please have a "QUICK PULL UP" to fold it!
- Surrounded by breathable mesh and easy for parents to communicate with your baby.
Most Lightweight: BABYBJORN Travel Crib Light Review
- Simple to set up and fold up
- Easy to take with you
- Soft and comfy mattress
- Airy design for good supervision
- Removable and machine washable crib textiles
Best Budget: Dream On Me Travel Light PlayYard Review
- The sides of this play yard are made from soft and airy mesh fabric to allow your baby to breathe through the fabric. The see-through mesh lets you keep an eye on your baby and allows your baby to look out.
- The travel light play yard comes with a soft and comfortable mattress pad
- The fabric and mesh is free from harmful allergenic .
- The Travel Light play Yard comes with a soft and comfortable mattress, making it a cozy place for your baby to sleep. The mattress has a built-in base plate that keeps the frame standing firmly on the floor, so your child can always sleep securely.
Easy to Set Up And Fold Up: BABY JOY Baby Foldable Travel Crib Review
- Parent-Child Interaction - Peek-a-boo could be easily for parents to play with kids! This portable playard are made from soft and airy mesh fabric that allows you to see baby, and baby to see you! Full-height mesh guarantees best, breathable airflow.The see-through mesh can also let you keep an eye on your baby and allows your baby to look out.
- Ultra-Light BUT Durable- Weighs only 10 lbs,set up is simple in one minute , BABY JOY Baby Travel Crib is easy to take along with you on all types of adventures. Constructed by 4 pieces of Aluminum pipes with prolonged feet, covered by breathable mesh and padded with a soft, comfy mattress for your child, it will an indispensable companion to both you and baby.
- Soft AND Comfy Mattress - The Travel Crib comes with a soft and comfortable mattress which is filled with 4/5"thickness sponge, making it a cozy place for your baby to sleep. It will be a safe place for little ones to sleep and feel at home.
- Separately Washable - Removable mattress provides the baby with the most comfortable sleeping environment.Little babies make lots of messes, so we made the travel crib easy to clean. Both the mattress cover and crib fabric can be easily removed and washed if necessary.
- Easy to Set Up AND Fold Up - As a portable crib, our biggest feature is not only lightweight, but also very convenient installation steps.Simply set up and fold up in one simple movement, making the travel crib perfect for both longer trips and short visits to family and friends. An Oxford carry bag is included for easy transportation. Crib Size:44.5'' x 31'' x 26'' inches.
For Twins: Joovy New Room2 Portable Playard Review
- The new room2 (Room squared) is nearly 50% larger than most traditional playards, so you will be able to use it longer and play more
- Nearly 50% larger than most traditional playard with over 10 square feet of space, baby has plenty of room to play and stay entertained. Reliable, durable and built for endurance. Perfect for twins
- An essential piece of gear for families with twins, offering abundant room for two babies. Low center of gravity The heavy duty padded mattress supports a baby from 0M+ upto 35”. Two wheels help in moving the playard.
- Joovy offers a 2 year warranty - twice as long as the Graco Pack N’ Play, twice as long as the 4 moms breeze, twice as long as the summer Infant warranty and 4 times longer than the baby trend warranty. Satisfaction guaranteed
- Includes a 100% cotton fitted sheet, travel bag. Two wheels for easy moving. Open size W X L X H: 39.75 x 39.75 x 31 inches
For Infants & Toddlers: Flisko 2 in 1 Travel Crib & Bassinet Review
- STURDY, SAFE DESIGN: The bassinets supportive structure and solid frame keeps your baby safe at all times. It is constructed from high-quality rugged materials that prevent hazardous collapsing or involuntary folding. No heavy metals, lead or other non-safe elements are used during the production of this item.
- LIGHTWEIGHT & EASILY PORTABLE: The portable baby crib’s comfortable lifting weight and small size is perfect for when you’re on the go. Its sleek design and foldable mechanism are ideal for travel and storage. When folded, the traveling bassinet is perfectly sized to fit into your car, aircraft and hotel room. To keep your hands free while traveling, the carry case converts to a comfortable backpack
- SWIFT & SIMPLE ASSEMBLY: For utmost convenience, the crib for babies and toddlers does not require extensive setup and can be stored away or reassembled in mere minutes. Just snap the bassinet’s frame in place and the crib is ready for use. Easily collapsible as well, it takes just seconds to pack away or reassemble, without any stress or complicated steps.
- COMFORTABLE AND COZY: Super soft and comfy, all material used to line the travel bassinet is intended to keep your child snug. The breathable mesh fabric ensures visibility, healthy air flow and guarantees a peaceful slumber for your baby. A plush, insulated foam mattress pad with mattress sheet included.
- MULTIFUNCTIONAL: Swap the crib out for a bassinet, or use the side zipper to open the crib up to an impromptu baby playard. A zipper on the side of the crib opens up to create a crawl-through zipper door to easily access your little one. Our crib can be converted to suit your child’s many needs.
With Breathable Net: Besrey 2 in 1 Travel Crib Review
- 2 IN 1 - The footrest of travel cot can be rotated in 2 positions so that you can use the products not only as a bassinet but also as a baby cradle; The 10 ° angle of the cradle is also very safe for your baby.
- SPACE SAVING- The baby bassinet can be folded up in seconds with a handle. Folded into size 34"L 24"W 8"H and weight 20.7lbs, so it is easy to carry and easy to put in the car trunk and your baby always has a comfortable sleeping bed on vacation.
- FOR COMFORTABLE DREAM - The thick mattress of portable crib is cuddly, soft and comfortable and the large lying area provides your baby with sufficient space. Everything makes for sweet dreams.
- MORE FEATURES - The infant bed's full-coverage mosquito net and side mesh are breathable and offer great protection against insects; There is more storage space, for example, the large shopping basket and the practical cup holder.
- What you get: 2 in 1 baby bed * 1, mattress * 1, Removable mosquito hood and side net * 1, Storage bag * 1, Instruction * 1, 1-Year warranty.
Easy To Clean: Dream On Me Traveler Portable Bassinet Review
- Sets up in seconds thanks to the convenient snap-on legs and one-piece top structure
- 1'' Mattress pad and Bassinet fabric can be easily wash clean
- Quick Folds. The compact fold fits easily in the included carrying bag, so you can take it anywhere
- Mesh side panels provide optimal ventilation and visibility
- Roomy, padded mattress is simple to remove and fold for compact storage. The weight limit is 25lbs. Mattress pad dimensions: 33.5″ x 20″ x 1″
Buyer’s Guide: All You Need to Know About the Best Travel Crib
Some people think that there isn’t much to think about when it comes to travel baby crib besides making sure that it is comfortable, safe, and portable. It might seem that way, but we are here to say that there are many aspects worth considering before making the final decision. You know, for instance, there is one aspect that plays a significant role when buying any product and we haven’t mentioned it yet. Any idea?
If you are thinking cost, you are entirely right. Prices are among the things we all pay attention to regardless of whether we are buying something for the first time or not. Most people check the prices also irrespective of how much money they have unless they are maybe Michael Jackson. This is logical because we don’t want to waste money on something that won’t be useful.
Same way, there are other features and aspects, and today we are going to discuss them. This way, you can be sure that you did everything that you could to get properly informed.
What is a Travel Crib?
So we already established compact travel cribs are the best travel companions for your children. They ensure that kids sleep well in a cozy bed that is familiar to them. But what are travel cribs? This is a baby bed that is lightweight and, more importantly, foldable but at the same stable enough so you can use it daily.
Look for an option that has good netting, fitted sheets. You must follow the manufacturer’s advice when selecting sheets. If the sheets are too big or not adequate in any other way, they might pose a suffocation hazard. Additionally, it is always good to remember not to keep anything in a sleeping area while the baby is little.
Do You Need a Travel Crib
Well, it is hard to say that it is necessary. It depends on you. What we can say is that it is a useful product to have, especially when you are traveling. Of course, you can ask the hotel whether they have cribs and rely on this information. But if you are visiting more than one place during the travel, it doesn’t mean that every hotel will be able to provide this option. Also, even if there is crib chances are that your kid will have trouble sleeping in it because it is not the bed your kid is used to sleep in.
Travel Crib vs Portable Crib
Many people believe that a travel crib is the same as a portable crib. While there are many similarities between the two, they are not entirely the same. A portable crib is not foldable in many cases. This means that it is lightweight enough to be moved from room to room if necessary, but you cannot simply pack it in the trunk of your car. But also the folding travel crib is smaller – basically not only that you can take it when traveling by car but also other means of transport, even plane. Additionally, travel size crib weighs even less than a portable bed.
Travel Crib vs Pack and Play
If you already have a pack and play, you might wonder about the possibility of using it for traveling instead of best travel crib for a baby. Well technically, you can, but you should know that it is usually more significant and more massive even than a large travel crib. On the other hand, there are some pack and play options that are lightweight enough to be used for traveling as well.
Are Travel Cribs Safe
So we have already mentioned safety and security as the most critical features you need to look into when it comes to choosing the best portable crib for travel. Of course, these aspects are essential in general, whatever you are buying for your child. Whether you are buying it for younger kids or best travel crib for 1 year old, you should know that most manufacturers comply with prescribed safety standards. Some lightweight travel crib models have additional safety features that make them more secure. For instance, you have to see whether little one can easily climb out of the small newborn travel crib. If this is the case, then you should look for another model.
How to Choose the Best Travel Crib
We are going now to discuss some of the technical features that we need to consider when choosing best travel crib
This is important because it determines whether you can pack, for example, full size travel crib in the trunk or airplane compartment and so on. Usually, manufacturers mention both general dimensions and packed dimensions of the product on the label. It is necessary to check and also measure the space in your car to see if it will fit. In case you don’t find the dimensions, you can contact the manufacturer to get much-needed information.
Same as with packed dimensions, the size of travel crib for one child or best travel crib for twins is also mentioned on the label. You need to know this, of course, to know if the product can fit in the room where the baby is going to sleep. Most of these products come in dimensions adequate to fit in your bedroom, for example, if you are interested in co-sleeping during the first months.
One of the best features along with the size, which makes the most comfortable travel crib so accessible is its low weight. These products are generally very lightweight, and that’s why they are easy to take wherever you go. Of course, weight does vary depending on materials used to make this bed, but in most cases, products are generally very lightweight, and that’s why they are easy to take wherever you go. What is lovely about it is that they are usually very sturdy despite having low weight.
Most of the cheap travel cribs are perfectly suitable for babies and infants of all ages. But you should know that many models are adequate for a bit older kids like toddlers. When you are choosing the best toddler travel bed, look for a weight limit and the size to see if it is appropriate for your child. You can buy the best travel crib for a newborn for sure, but we assume that you will continue traveling as your kid grows. In this case, you should search for an option that offers maximum age range. Remember, it is quite unlikely that the baby will go out of the crib, especially if they aren’t still sitting and standing. For toddlers, however, the situation is very different, so you have to think about safety additionally.
Ease of Setup
If travel crib were the only thing you need to carry when traveling with baby, things would be simple. However, it is just one of many. With this mind, we can say that you certainly don’t want to spend hours setting it up. Search for models that offer the possibility for easy assembly and disassembly likewise. This is especially important if you are planning to move a lot.
These products are usually made of easily foldable and lightweight materials. Generally, the frame is made of plastic or aluminum. The net is also made of lightweight and breathable fabric.
When we are talking about comfort, we need to mention ventilation as well. Good airflow is essential for your baby’s proper sleep, especially if you completely close the crib. When you are choosing a crib or pack and play, you need to look for the model with a mesh net that offers proper ventilation. This is also important when you are buying the best travel stroller.
Ease of Clean
Same as everything else that children use a crib can also get quickly dirty. When you are at home washing, things usually aren’t complicated, especially if you can put them in the machine. However, when you are traveling, there are no guarantees that you will have access to the washing machine. And you certainly don’t want to spend hours hand washing things. Fortunately, many cribs and sheets are easily washable.
As we already mention, most manufacturers comply with all safety standards and ensure to do everything required for the baby’s safety and security. Some go further than that and include more options, which is especially important when you have a toddler. We want to remind you again to make sure that there isn’t anything in the bed, especially if your baby is little.
This can be necessary to look into because legs can determine the stability of the best travel crib. We advise you to look for a model with an aluminum frame and legs because this is sturdier materials.
Handles have a significant role when you are carrying the crib around while a baby is sleeping in it. Since you are carrying weight, you need to make sure that the handles are adequate, not to hurt your hands, and make things harder.
The good thing about the travel crib for toddler is that you can take it outside. This means that you can go, for example, camping without worrying about your baby’s comfort during sleep. However, if you are doing this, you need to find a model that is offering excellent UV protection. Baby’s skin is sensitive, so you have to make sure it is well protected when they are spending time outdoors.
Price is something we already talked about it. Prices of best travel crib vary depending on the features. We cannot say that they are generally expensive, but still, some models are high end and those that are affordable. Check your budget before you go on the mission of searching for this product.
Best Travel Crib Types
Foldable Portable Crib
These cribs are designed in a way to resemble portable cribs. It is possible to close the child inside completely, which is excellent as an extra safety feature. This is super convenient when you know that you won’t be able to keep an eye on your kid all the time. These models are a bit bigger, though, and thus, it is harder to transport them.
Cocoon Travel Crib
This is a good option, especially when you want to let the kid play while keeping an eye on them. It is a model that offers more freedom because there is a zipper that can be open, and then the kids can go in and out as they like. You just need to make sure that they are supervised.
Tips for Using Travel Crib
Keep in mind that the features we mentioned aren’t the only ones. Sometimes travel crib offers other options that can make the crib more comfortable for the baby and life simpler for you. Some of them are toy bar, rain cover, mattress and so on. It is necessary to know that this product is straightforward to use, you just need to make sure that you choose the right size that can fit the room where the baby is going to sleep and so on.
Best Travel Crib FAQ
Can You use a Travel Crib as a Regular Crib?
Generally, you can. But you need to follow all the safety recommendations. The most important thing is that you use only adequate sheets recommended by the manufacturer. Also, you must make sure that there isn’t anything in the crib – toys, pillows, blankets, and so on. When it comes to daily use of a travel crib, it is to keep in mind that this bed is very low. While it can be useful because it makes it harder for the baby to fall out and get hurt, it might be inconvenient for you when you have to bend so much to pick the baby. For older kids, like toddlers, you have to take care because there is a chance that they climb out quickly.
When Is It Safe to Travel With a Baby?
Technically, nobody can forbid you to travel. So you can go with a baby immediately. However, it is recommended that you wait that a child is at least three and preferably six months old when you embark on new adventures with your little one. The immune system of babies isn’t as secure as with older children, so they are more at risk of getting infected. Also, the stress of going to the airport, flying, and so on can be pretty overwhelming.
If you are planning to travel by plane, you might be interested to learn about best travel crib for air travel.
When Can Baby Go in a Travel Crib?
Most travel cribs are designed to be suitable for newborns from day one. However, it is better to wait that a baby turns three months. That’s why some have age restrictions from 3 to 18 months.
Where Can Baby Sleep When Traveling?
It depends on your preferences. Generally, babies can sleep in the travel crib, portable crib, or a bed offered by the hotel. You can also use a bassinet. Some people are wondering about sharing a bed with babies, but most doctors agree that it is not recommended. The main reason is that it poses a suffocation hazard.
Do Travel Cribs Come with a Travel Bags?
In short, yes. The travel crib should come with a bag that is designed to withstand traveling by plane. Some of these cribs are small enough to be put in overhead compartments. However, some others will need to be checked in.
How Do I Know if My Baby is Too Big For a Travel Crib?
Well, it should be too complicated. You should check for the age limit. Many manufacturers put this information in the description of the product, so it will be clear whether your child is too big. Generally, travel cribs are designed for babies of all sizes and ages. Many models can accommodate toddlers as well.
Verdict and Our Recommendation
We are sure that you couldn’t even imagine that there are so many things to consider when looking for best travel crib. Neither could we. But as you can see, there are plenty of options and models, and you have to be sure that you chose the right one. When you are well informed, it is not difficult to choose best travel crib in 2020. We hope o see you again soon. In the meantime, we want to invite you to revisit top – mom.com as we are preparing other excellent texts such as the one about best travel baby system.