Top 10 Best Toothpastes for 2 year old: Comparison Table
Vegan-friendly: Tom's of Maine Fluoride-Free Children's Toothpaste Review
- What you'll get: Contains three - 5.1 ounce tubes of Tom's of Maine toothpaste for kids fluoride free in Silly Strawberry flavor.
- Recyclable tube: Our all natural kids toothpaste now comes in a recyclable tube. Once empty, replace cap and recycle with #2 plastics.
- Fluoride-free: Inside every tube of Tom's fluoride free kids toothpaste are ingredients that are all derived from nature.
- Gently cleans: Tom's toothpaste is safe for your child's teeth. The natural toothpaste uses calcium and silica to gently clean, and has a delicious real fruit flavor that will have your child smiling.
- Natural & responsible: This vegan toothpaste contains no artificial flavors, colors or preservatives and is not tested on animals
ADA Approved: Hello Oral Care Kids Fluoride Free and SLS Free Toothpaste Review
- Contains 1 - 4.2oz tube of toothpaste
- Hello is thoughtfully formulated with high quality ingredients like xylitol, erythritol, soothing aloe vera, and a silica blend that gently polish teeth. We're serious about being friendly, and about what goes into little mouths.
- Hello boxes are made from 100% recycled paperboard and printed with soy inks. BPA-free and contains no phthalates
- Choose friendly! Hello is vegan, never tested on animals (Leaping Bunny Certified) and made in the USA. Brush and greet freely.
- Free from dyes, sls/sulfates, artificial sweeteners/flavors, microbeads, triclosan and gluten.
No Artificial Colors or Dyes: Orajel Elmo Fluoride-Free Training Toothpaste Review
- Fluoride-free, safe if swallowed when used as directed
- Free of alcohol, parabens, aspartame, dyes, sugar, SLS, dairy, gluten
- Berry Fun flavor tastes great!
- Does not contain artifical colors or dyes
- Gluten and dairy free
Pleasant Flavor: Tom's of Maine Toddlers Fluoride-Free Natural Toothpaste in Gel Review
- Taste they love: Contains 6 to 1.75 ounce tubes of toddler toothpaste in a Mild Fruit flavor that will keep toddlers brushing
- Fluoride free: Toms toothpaste for toddlers is fluoride free, meaning it is safe if swallowed and is specially formulated for 3 to 24 months old
- Gently cleans: Toms fluoride free toothpaste gently cleans little teeth and gums with an easy to use, no mess dispensing top
- Certified B-corp: Tom's of Maine meets the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability to balance profit and purpose
- Giving for goodness: We believe in giving back; Tom's of Maine donates 10 Percent of our profits to charities committed to children's health, education and the environment; Employees donate 5 Percent of paid time to causes they are passionate about in their communities; Thank you for supporting Tom's of Maine
Safe for Infants: Spry Tooth Gel Original Flavor Review
Safe to Swallow: Dr. Brown's Natural Baby Toothpaste Review
- No fluoride
- Safe to swallow
- No artificial colors or preservatives
- Features real pear and apple flavor
- Promotes a lifetime of good brushing skills
Great in Cavities Preventing: Jack N' Jill Natural Children's Toothpaste Review
- Includes: 3 x 50g Natural Toothpaste – Strawberry Flavor
- Safe if Swallowed from 6 months, when used as directed
- Rich in Xylitol - Helps Prevent Cavities
- Certified Cruelty-free, Vegan, Gluten-free, Fluoride Free, SLS Free.
- Safety Seal, Easy flip cap
For Preventing Tooth Decay: Dr. Talbot's All Natural Toddler Toothpaste Review
- All Natural
- Guards against infection
- Forms a Protective Barrier
- Helps Prevent Tooth Decay
Non-GMO: NOW Solutions Xyliwhite Toothpaste Gel for Kids Review
- Fluoride & SLS-Free (sodium lauryl sulfate).
- Kid Tested, Kid Approved.
- Products made without gluten and naturally sweetened.
Great Customer Service: Rain Natural Baby Kids Fluoride-Free Toothpaste Gel Review
- FLUORIDE-FREE & SAFE TO SWALLOW - Food grade ingredients won’t upset little tummies, our baby training toothpaste makes it easy for kids to learn to brush with confidence knowing that it’s safe to swallow.
- PROTECT BABY TEETH & GUMS WITH 2X SIZE - Our all-natural kid toothpaste is twice the size of our competitors (2.82 oz vs 1.4 oz). It is a safe, effective way to help prevent gingivitis, plaque, and tartar for cleaner teeth and fresher breath.
- SAFE, NATURAL, SLS FREE CHILDREN TOOTHPASTE - Enriched with Vitamin C and Alpine Rose Leaf Extract, our anti-plaque formula is free of parabens, SLES, and Carrageenan so it’s safe for infant to baby 12 months and up.
- AROMATIC WATERMELON TOOTHPASTE - Smooth gel and subtle hint of fruit makes our baby boy and girl toothpaste great for picky kids. Our customers agree that it gets their kids excited to brush their teeth!
- PURCHASE WITH CONFIDENCE - Our California-based brand has over 10 years of history selling in premium natural markets. We stand behind the quality of our products. Contact our customer support with any problems.
Do Babies need a special Type of Paste?
You probably wonder if your child needs special toothpaste or could use your regular brand with them. The answer is that you need a special toothpaste for babies under 2 years for several reasons. First, your kids need toothpaste with a luring flavor and not your usual mint-flavored tooth cream. This is an exceptional way to help them embrace the habit of brushing their teeth and finding it a fun activity.
Secondly, safe toothpaste for toddlers should not contain ingredients that could harm them when swallowed. This is because the kid has just started learning the art of brushing, and they might end up swallowing the paste most of the time, what sometimes can lead to toothpaste overdose.
At what age should I start brushing my Toddler’s Teeth?
Children’s experts recommend that parents start oral cleanliness with their young ones as soon as their teeth begin to come out. Actually, earlier on before the teeth start to show,
Avoid these Ingredients in Toothpaste for 2 Year olds
While purchasing toothpaste for 2 year old, there are several ingredients you have to look out for. Below are the ingredients to avoid for safe toothpaste for babies.
Most natural tooth cleaning creams we have around contain essential oils. The purpose of essential oils is to bring an antibacterial agent. When it comes to children, they need organic toothpaste for toddlers to enhance their oral microbiome and not one to kill it; hence essential oils based mouth paste does not come with high recommendation.
Alternatively, you can make your baby’s mouth cleaning creams at home. However, if you want to prepare the best natural toothpaste for toddlers at home, make sure not to include any essential oils.
Though the American dental association recommends fluoride tooth cleaning creams as safe for both adults and children, several credible studies show that fluoride exposure can negatively affect children’s cognitive development. In fact, you would be on the right track using fluoride free toothpaste for toddlers. According to the studies, children in regions with high levels of fluoride in the water had lower IQ levels than those living in regions with lower fluoride levels. Moreover, excessive fluoride can damage the child’s enamel and cause white staining of the teeth.
Though fluoride has a role in preventing cavities in children, there are plenty of other safer alternatives that you can use without exposing your kid to fluorosis. Furthermore, fluorine in water has very minimal effects in preventing dental cavities according to data analysis carried by the Cochrane library. Hence, if you are introducing your baby to brushing, ensure to get toothpaste for toddlers without fluoride.
Also known as sodium lauryl sulphate, SLS is a popular foaming ingredient found in most toothpaste brands you will find at your favorite store. The reason why SLS mouth cleaning paste should be avoided for kids is that it is associated with canker sores. The sores, also known as the aphthous ulcers, are painful shallow lesions that develop at the base of the gums or the mouth’s tender tissues.
How to brush your Baby’s Teeth Cream the Right Way
Where to begin on brushing your toddler’s teeth can be a puzzle, especially for first-time parents. Dentists recommend that you start it off using a damp washcloth before introducing it to the best baby toothbrush. Also, remember to make it a fun activity to avoid resistance from your young one.
Measuring the Toothpaste for Kids
Since most kids at the age of 2 are not conversant with spitting while brushing, you will only smear a small portion of toothpaste for kids on their toothbrush just if they decide to swallow it up. For 2 years olds and below, you should use an amount no bigger than a grain of rice.
At age 3, you can increase the portion to a pea-size amount. Furthermore, always ensure you supervise your baby’s brushing to avoid excessive swallowing of the paste. Note that even while using the best toothpaste for 2 year old, excessive swallowing is not recommended as it may lead to stomach upsets.
Other Good Toothpaste Additions for your Baby’s Teeth
On this toothpaste for 2 year old review, we are going to show you several ways to strengthen your baby’s teeth without pausing a risk to their health. These include;
- ESSENTIAL VITAMIN BLEND - Our baby vitamin d drops are a synergistic blend of Vitamin D3 and K2 MK-7 for optimal bone and teeth health.
- HIGH QUALITY AND NO TASTE - Our vitamin d for kids contains high quality Vitamin D3 from lanolin (sheep's wool) and Vitamin K2 MK-7 from K2Vital (flower extract), and our vitamin d kids also have no taste. Our vitamin d liquid is Non-GMO and uses coconut and palm oil base.
- EASY TO USE - Our vitamin d baby drops contain a controlled dropper tip for precise, 1-drop dosing. No more messes!
- PHARMACEUTICAL GRADE, BPA-FREE BOTTLE - And our kids vitamin d uses the same dropper used for medical drops.
- MONEY BACK GUARANTEED - If our toddler vitamins don't help your kids, then we'll give you your money back!
Vitamin drops can be administered to the baby from day one as it is great for proper jaw development. It can be administered through formula, expressed breast milk, or any other baby food.
Cod Liver Oil
- HEART, BRAIN, AND IMMUNE HEALTH - A single teaspoonful of Carlson Kid's Cod Liver Oil provides 550 mg of omega-3s, including EPA and DHA, which support heart, brain, vision, and immune health. To ensure maximum freshness, Cod Liver Oil is closely managed from sea to store.
- SUPERIOR QUALITY - The same day they're caught, our fish are transported to a highly regulated Norwegian facility for processing and purification. Carlson Kid' Cod Liver Oil has also won wards for it's delicious lemon flavor.
- SUSTAINABLY SOURCED - We source the highest quality Arctic cod off the coast of Norway using traditional, sustainable methods. The same day they're caught, our Nordic cod are transported to a highly regulated Norwegian facility for processing and purification.
- IFOS AND IGEN NON-GMO CERTIFIED - To protect the effectiveness of the nutrients found in our products, Carlson employs manufacturing techniques that avoid the use of excessive heat, moisture, and solvents to protect nutrient content.
- FRESHNESS, POTENCY, AND PURITY GUARANTEED - Carlson Cod Liver Oil is bottled with a touch of antioxidants and is given a nitrogen flush to remove oxygen and to help prevent oxidation. Like all Carlson omega-3s, freshness, potency, and purity are guaranteed.
Cod liver is an excellent alternative for strengthening your little one’s teeth, especially when you begin to introduce them to solid foods. The oil provides vitamins A, K2, and D that play a significant role in reversing and preventing cavities.
- COMFORTING PROBIOTICS: These non-GMO drops feature comforting probiotics that are effective in helping reduce crying time and spit-ups, shown to provide health benefits in infants when taken daily
- EASE FUSSINESS: This formula was designed to help ease colic, excessive crying & fussiness for babies, and includes 100% of the daily vitamin D they need to help to promote healthy bone development.
- FOR DEVELOPING TUMMIES: Probiotics contribute to a baby’s developing gut microbiota. Addressing issues such as colic, excessive crying & spit-ups, see the difference probiotics can make for your baby
- GERBER GOODNESS: Our foods start with whole ingredients like real fruits, veggies & grains to help nourish your baby right from the start, from infant formula to baby food to snacks and toddler food
- NUTRITION FOR GROWING: Like your baby, we're always growing & learning. More than ever we're committed to being your partner in parenthood with quality ingredients, nutritious food & expert guidance.
This is a supplement specially produced for infants, and study shows that it can enhance their dental health. You could mix it with baby’s food, breastmilk, or formula. Despite probiotics may work differently for different kids, generally speaking they are safe for your baby.
Your little one won’t start as the best brusher, but you can be sure that they might become one as they grow older and get used to it. With the above discussion on the best toothpaste for toddlers, you definitely won’t go wrong when choosing one for your young one.
Moreover, remember not to give them water until they spit for the first round as it reduces the chances of swallowing the paste. Do not wait until your child is all grown to begin practicing dental hygiene; it is time you step out and get the best toothpaste for 2 year old 2020 to start the journey! Did you enjoy reading this post? Share, share, share with friends. If you got a question or anything you want to say, leave us a comment, and we will happily talk to you.
- 1 Top 10 Best Toothpastes for 2 year old: Comparison Table
- 1.1 Vegan-friendly: Tom's of Maine Fluoride-Free Children's Toothpaste Review
- 1.2 ADA Approved: Hello Oral Care Kids Fluoride Free and SLS Free Toothpaste Review
- 1.3 No Artificial Colors or Dyes: Orajel Elmo Fluoride-Free Training Toothpaste Review
- 1.4 Pleasant Flavor: Tom's of Maine Toddlers Fluoride-Free Natural Toothpaste in Gel Review
- 1.5 Safe for Infants: Spry Tooth Gel Original Flavor Review
- 1.6 Safe to Swallow: Dr. Brown's Natural Baby Toothpaste Review
- 1.7 Great in Cavities Preventing: Jack N' Jill Natural Children's Toothpaste Review
- 1.8 For Preventing Tooth Decay: Dr. Talbot's All Natural Toddler Toothpaste Review
- 1.9 Non-GMO: NOW Solutions Xyliwhite Toothpaste Gel for Kids Review
- 1.10 Great Customer Service: Rain Natural Baby Kids Fluoride-Free Toothpaste Gel Review
- 2 Do Babies need a special Type of Paste?
- 3 Avoid these Ingredients in Toothpaste for 2 Year olds
- 4 How to brush your Baby’s Teeth Cream the Right Way
- 5 Wrap up