TOP 10 Best Skateboards For Kids: Comparison Chart
Best Overall: PlayWheels Wood Cruiser Skateboard Review
- Complete 21-in. wood cruiser skateboard with thick, durable 9-ply maple deck
- Single kicktail design provides greater control and an easy way to brake
- PVC-injected 50mm x 27mm wheels and nylon bearings deliver a very smooth ride
- Composite trucks and steel axle supports higher weight and faster speed
- Recommended for ages 5-10 years, supports weight up to 100 lbs.
Best Performance: Meketec Skateboards Complete 22 Inch Mini Cruiser Review
- Meketec Unique Technology - The strong 3.25 inch trucks with different color with others skateboarder，let you skateboarding slide more distinctive.
- Performance - High speed abec 7 meketec Bearings; 60mm Urethane wheels; 22.5 inch long x 6 inch wide deck, max load weight 200 lb.
- High Value - Meketec Unusual skateboard appearance outperforms many of the leading brands and high cost performance price.
- Advantage - Take this board on the park, school and road with ease, It’s the best holiday gift for Kids and Adults.
- Safety Guarantee - With CE certification, this well-built skateboard is safe to ride and suitable for any level of riders, no matter whether you’re a beginner or experienced rider.
Fast Speed: MINORITY 32inch Maple Skateboard Review
- SOLID : 7-ply hardrock maple cold pressed into 32x8-Inch deck, Max support weight 220 lbs. Mediate concave makes it ideal for any tricks.
- STRENGTH : 5-Inch trucks are casted by genuine alluminium alloy, equipped with carbon steel kingpin and 78A high rebound PU bushing.
- SPEED : ABEC-9 precision bearings are forged by chrome steel, work with 52mm 102A PU wheels. Fast speed is half success for tricks.
- SMOOTH : Rest your heart when cutting corners. The boards has passed maneuverability test on streets, ramps, and pools.
- STYLE : Strikingly attractive graphics range from trendy to vintage, make boards ideal choices as gifts.
Exclusive Design: DINBIN Complete Highly Flexible Plastic Cruiser Board Review
- Includes: 22 inch skateboard, "waffles" top texture, 85A super soft bushings, 22*6 inch fresh pp deck, abec-7 high speed bearings, 78A 60*45mm high rebound PU wheels, high tensile bolts.
- Totally portable, safety guarantee - With CE certification, this well-built skateboard is safe to ride and suitable for any level of riders.
- Skateboards are the perfect mode of transportation for you. they are a great learning platform to allow you to continue to develop strength, balance and reflexes.
- Max Load Ability: 220LB (100KGS). It can be used by children, teenagers and adults.
- DINBIN SERVICE：unconditional refund is available if you are not satisfied with or don't like the product when you receive it. We also guarantee of 60 days full refund if any quality problems and life-time friendly customer service.Please be assured purchase.
Best For Beginner: Phoeros Skateboards -Standard Skateboards for Kids Review
- 【EASY TO RIDE】 31 "Complete Skateboard, with PU wheels make you safe when you ride and 8”wide non-slip dull polish wooden deck can not only provide more stability and safety for users but also hold both foot on it . Hold weight up to 220lbs which fits for all ages.Waterproof Emery Non-Slip Grip Tape，High Friction Easy operate all kinds of Play Style ,Anti-slip for Safety.
- 【DURABLE QUALITY】 7-Ply 31" L x 8" W x 4" H Maple Wood standard skateboard make the wood deck very durable and can bear 220lbs weight , Super soft PU Wheels cut off damping when you riding , Alloy Truck provide more steady structure for skateboard, ABEC-11 Bearings make the wheels turn around more smoothly , Pattern: Heat Transfer(which was printed onto the board,not a sticker).
- 【HIGH QUALITY PU WHEELS】 Safe Ride skateboard for starters and beginners，95A 53mm High Resilience PU Wheel with Strong Grip.(Wear-resisting / Smooth /with Speed Silence ABEC-11 Bearings) More safe when scooting with High rebound PU wheels with ABEC-11 bearings Provide more smooth and speed glide.
- 【 EASY TO STOP】When you want stop , just put one of your foot on the ground to stop it. Or you can lean your body to reverse direction to slow down the speed then stop your skateboard. Good Present for Christmas.
- 【YOU WILL GET MORE】1*Carry bag(Convenient to Carry),1*Tool (Adjust Skateboard Wheels Tightness ),2*Backup Bearing, 1 set DIY ,1 pc Sticker (Decorate your Skateboards)
For travel: Flybar 22” Skateboard for Kids Review
- FULLY ASSEMBLED COMPLETE BOARD: Don’t worry about putting all the parts together, we’ve done that for you. Complete skateboard ready to ride right out of the box.
- CUSTOM FLYBAR NON-SLIP DECK- The 22” x 6” deck on our complete plastic skate boards are made of a strong, high impact injection molded plastic that will give you the flex and strength for smooth and quality ride.
- QUALITY FLYBAR PARTS- Every part on Flybar 22” Skateboard is made quality materials to give you the best ride possible. The aluminum trucks and medium bushings will allow to smoothly turn and cruise; the ABEC 7 precision bearings are made to give you a speedy and effortless ride; and the soft 85A PU Wheels bring it all together for the ride you are looking for.
- EASY FOR TRAVEL AND COMMUTING- The Flybar plastic skateboard is the perfect size to travel with or for a short commute to school or work. Easily store in a backpack when not in use.
- FOR SKATERS AT ALL LEVELS- Whether you are a beginner or an advanced rider looking for a casual cruiser this complete mini plastic cruiser is for you. Great skateboard for girls and skateboard for boys.
Easy to Stop: Sangde Complete Skateboards Review
- [EASY TO RIDE] 31 ” Complete Skateboard, with PU flashing wheels (will light up when you use ) make you safe when you ride in dark place and 8”wide non-slip dull polish wooden deck can not only provide more stability and safety for users but also hold both foot on it . Hold weight up to 224lbs, which can suitable for all kinds of people.
- [STICK MATERIAL] 7-Ply 31" L x 8" W x 4" H Maple Wood make the wood deck very durable and can bear 220lbs weight , Super soft PU Wheels cut off damping when you riding , Alloy Truck provide more steady structure for skateboard, ABEC-7 Bearings make the wheels turn around more smoothly , Pattern: Heat Transfer(which was printed onto the board,not a sticker.) make the pattern durable a long time.
- [PU FLASHING WHEELS] It is very bright during the night make users more safe when riding in the dark with High rebound PU 4 LED light up wheels with ABEC-7 bearings provide more smooth and speed glide.
- [ EASY TO STOP ] When you want stop , just put one of your foot on the ground to stop it. Or you can lean your body to reverse direction to slow down the speed then stop your skateboard.
- [PRESENT ] 1 pc Carry bag , Tool *1 pc , Backup Bearing* 2 pcs ,DIY*1 and Stickers *1 (decorate your skateboards )
Good For Girls: SKITCH Complete Skateboard Review
- PERFECT FOR BEGINNERS - Fully adjustable for safer speeds for small children and an easier to carry, lightweight design is why parents trust Skitch as the best skateboard for girls, boys, kids and beginners age 4-13 years old
- AWESOME FOR PROS - Fully adjustable for bigger riders with top quality bearings and a buttery-smooth ride feel is why pros also choose Skitch as the best 22 inch mini cruiser board skateboard for teens and adult men and women
- MORE THAN JUST A SKATEBOARD - Surprise your daughter or son with a fun christmas gift or birthday present with this galaxy graphic skateboard set complete with a custom design skateboard backpack, skate tool and tote bag
- PREMIUM QUALITY & DESIGN - Enjoy a unique american skateboard design from sunny santa cruz with high traction gel skateboard wheels, smooth carving skateboard bushings and retro style skateboard trucks for a classic vintage ride feel
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED - We care about the quality of our craftsmanship, with tons of love put into our designs, but most of all we care about you and we're always just a quick message away if you ever need us. Enjoy!
Durable: Hikole Skateboard Complete PRO Skateboard Review
- STUNTS -- 31"x 8" full size double kick concave design; Ideal for BEGINNER doing some basic stunts such 360's, OL action and a few other basic tricks
- DURABLE -- High density 7 layer canadian maple wood classical TRICKS skate board; Max supporting weight 220 lbs(100KG), suitable for adult kids age 5 yr up
- COMPLETE -- No assembly required - complete profession skateboard, Very convenient
- SMOOTH -- Super smooth 50mm 85A PU wheels with ABEC-7 precision bearings and PU bushings; Suitable for skater skating street, skate parks, ramps, pools and other smooth surfaces or even rough ground
- GRIP TAPE -- High quality black griptape on the board which provides a stable and more powerfulgrip during skating on the wood skateboard
With A Repair Kit: ToyerBee Skateboards Review
- ⚓ Standard Size For all level lovers: 31"x 8" full size with very mild concave is ideal for beginners to do basic train and the grinding surface and double kick of skateboards provided Pro a great stunt stage
- ⚓ Complete With repair Kit A complete skateboard as well as a repair kit including a Multifunctional wrench and 2 Screws of wheel, 2 Screws of truck would appear when you open package. So just enjoy skateboarding and No assembly required, this longboards Skateboard is a ideal gift for boys and girls.
- ⚓ Different Design: Toyerbee use thermal transfer to let our pattern a graffiti in black and white more vivid, and use 3 layer eco-friendly paint to keep pattern from destroy. Also, Toyerbee Skateboards 31" x 8" Complete Kids Skateboard with Skateboard Tool 9 Layer Canadian Maple Double Kick Skate Board for Extreme Sports and Outdoors Maple Wood Longboards for Beginners Pro Skateboards for adults Toys for Girls& Boys
- ⚓ Smooth:Including 4 super smooth anti-shock and anti-abrasive 55mm 95A PU wheels, featuring with ABEC-7 precision high speed stainless alloy bearings and PU bushings, Our skateboards are suitable for skater skating street, skate parks, ramps, pools and other smooth surfaces or even rough ground.
- ⚓ Durable and High Quality :Our High density 9 layer Canadian maple wood classical TRICKS skate board with performance 5 inch Seagull solid aluminum Trucks; provides a stable and more powerful grip during skating for boys and girls or adults. Max supporting weight 440 lbs After purchasing, you can enjoy 3-year warranty for our skateboard as well as response within 24 hours when trouble of our product appears.
Buyer’s Guide: All You Need to Know About the Best Skateboards for Kids
What age should a child start skateboarding?
It’s general knowledge that they will have fun on skateboard decks for kids even from the ages of 2 or 3 years, with the proper assistance and guidance. Between the ages of three and five, they start learning the basic concepts of balancing and pushing. Probably, your safest bet would be somewhere around 5 and 10 years old, while making sure that he wears pads and a helmet and that there is adult supervision.
What are some benefits to children skateboarding?
You would be surprised how many benefits can come out of your children’s skateboard, which will help them develop and grow healthily. We will go through several of the most impactful ones:
- Perseverance and physical endurance – it’s an activity that teaches the children how to keep being motivated, with the proper encouragement.
- Coordination is improved – one requires a lot of coordination when using a little kid skateboard and has to become better and better at it. Precision and coordination together with several other motor skills are being enhanced.
- Teaches patience, practice and consequences – if you want to take an abstract approach to this subject, we could say that it’s all about having a controlled environment in which to take calculated risks. Because there are real consequences when executing maneuvers of all sorts.
- Learn how to fall – Because it’s required you know how to properly move your body, it’s a huge advantage in knowing how to fall and minimize the damage of the fall so you don’t hit your face on the ground.
What skateboard size is suitable for my kid?
You have to look for a youth skateboard that will fit the size of the kid’s shoes, that being the best way to start your search and filter the results. For example, if the shoe size is 6.5 to 9 then it would be good to get skateboards for kids that come with a deck width of seven and a half to eight inches. Now, with time, you will have to modify the width, depending on if they are more inclined to doing tricks or just to stroll around the park. For tricks it’s recommended you get a 7.75 width and for casual strolls, you can go up to inches.
How to Choose the Best Skateboards for Kids
It’s common science that kids will bend their knees more when riding on bigger or wider boards because they need the gravity center to be kept low. Usually, you can find small skateboards for kids that have a length of approximately 27 to 31 inches. If we are to look at the width of the deck, it is a safe bet to go with anything between 7 and 8 inches, and your kid should be fine on it.
The best beginner skateboard for kids is the one that will suit the shape of his body and the tendencies that he will pick up along the way. If you put a child on a wider deck you will notice how he tends to move his feet more to the outside of the board. Good skateboards for kids will help them understand how to steer because of the level of responsiveness the board offers.
As we said earlier, a toddler skateboard for your little one should be between 27 and 31 inches long, as he can easily see how it responds to the steering commands.
In general, you will find that most of the skateboards are being manufactured out of maple wood and glue. There are also several other models, as follows:
Maple is the ideal type of wood for manufacturing a toddler skateboard, as it is extremely flexible and durable. It allows the creator to easily shape the board without wasting too much energy. Statistically, it is the most used material in the skateboarding industry.
If you are going after some cheap skateboards for kids you might have a good chance of finding a model you like if you go for one made out of bamboo. It is light, durable, strong but flexible at the same time, and it’s a great alternative to the classic maple.
The so-called penny skateboard for kids is a skateboard that is made by heating the plastic in a specialized machine that takes it up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and keeps it there for 2 hours. After this process, the pressure is used to mold the plastic into its final form.
One of the biggest advantages of a fiberglass mini skateboard for kids is that it’s waterproof and it proved to be more resilient.
Nowadays several shapes are being successfully used by skateboarders all around the globe. You can start with the best longboard for kids and end up with an old school board and still not finish all the possibilities out there. So let’s go through some of them
Drop-through cool skateboards for kids are a specific type of mounting trucks on a longboard in a way that they look like they dropped through the board. By doing this, the center of gravity will be lower, thus increasing the rider’s stability. This approach is mostly applied to longboards
Because they are mounted on the top of the trucks, they give you a great deal of increased cruising experience. It is a great board to go for speeds of under 25 mph when going downhill, and it is also good for long distances.
A shortboard or a mini skateboard for kids is used mainly for city riding and not for long sessions of riding. They’re also quite a big attraction towards developing tricks with them as well because we all know some riders will try to do tricks on anything.
A cruiser board is featured with small, hard wheels that are not going to feel great on rougher terrain or rougher grounds. Its main purpose is the basic act of strolling around and not any specific tricks.
Any good old boys skateboard will have the classic trucks, the t-shaped metal pieces that you will always find mounted on the skateboard’s underside. Its only purpose and job are to keep the wheels securely and safely attached to your deck. Depending on how you decide to customize your trucks, you can impact the way you will ride, or your kid will ride.
If you flip your board upside down you will notice that some rubber rings are put around the trucks’ kingpin. They are usually manufactured out of polyurethane and they are designed to allow the best starter skateboard for 6-year-old to pivot and turn the board smoothly.
The wheels of the pro skateboards for kids and not only are typically made out of polyurethane and will come in all shapes and sizes. They are designed to suit every style of riding or skating, as the one that has a larger diameter will roll faster and get easily over random cracks in the pavement.Smaller wheels are more stable for street skating and trick riding.
The bears are a vital component of the board that makes everything tight and ready to ride over all the obstacles. Several manufacturers create high-quality complete skateboards for kids that have the best bears.
Grip tape is a very sticky sandpaper-like and grainy tape that is glued on the surface of the skateboard. Its job is to maintain a high-level grip and provide traction for the movements. No matter what style of skating are we talking about or what shape there is always a big truth: For you to stay on your feet you need grip tape on the best skateboards for kids 2020
Best Skateboards for Kids Types
Longboard skateboards for kids
Longboard skateboards for kids are one of the most popular models on demand nowadays and have caught quite a trending wave across the young riders and skateboarders’ community. They are generally looked to be a more relaxing way of strolling around, not so much for tricks but just for general leisure and is considered on the best rated skateboards for kids
Electric skateboards for kids
An electric skateboard for kids is a nice and fun gift for them, as they can stroll around without having to constantly catch speed using their foot. Although, ideally, your kids are more inclined to physical activity, don’t forget to reinforce and reward only the best behavior.
Mini skateboard for kids
These minimal versions of the normal-sized skateboard are the equivalent of a skateboard with handle for kids as they can be perfect for always having control and ensuring security. They are perfect for toddlers that are under 5 years old because they can be easy to ride on.
Penny skateboard for kids
Penny skateboard started to become popular at the end of 1999 and has since been among kids’ top favorite skateboards. It is flexible and durable while being very light thanks to the plastic material that was used when it was molded.
What are some skateboards for kids safety tips?
You have to make sure that all the necessary safety gear is tight and will protect your kid from any possible falls or slips, even if we are talking about the best scooters for kids or just a regular skateboard.
The wrist guards have to always support his wrists during falls, as well goes for the elbow pads and the knee pads that have to be tightly secured, similar to riding the best scooters for kids.
Best Skateboards for Kids FAQ
How long does it take to learn to skateboard
Well, if we are talking about the absolute basics of using a skateboard, we would say it’s safe to assume it’s going to take you around 2 or 3 consecutive days per week with 2-3 hours practice sessions. Don’t stress your kid about learning too slow, as everyone has to find their rhythm and only after that they will be able to improve their skateboarding skills, just like learning to ride the best hoverboard for kids.
Some kids could take two weeks to properly ride a penny board and it’s absolutely fine for that to happen.
Are penny boards good for beginners?
If you get a penny board for your kid that doesn’t know how to learn to skateboard, then you will give him the best chances of falling in love with the sport. They are especially good for first-timers as the board is really light and can be taken almost anywhere.
Because the wheels that are installed on a penny board, it will make it easier for the kid to handle all the cracks in the pavements or take curbs.
When is my child ready to go to a skate park?
First of all, you have to make sure that your kid can handle all the basic motions and skills, meaning handling curbs, getting over road cracks and other basic motor skills. The majority of people would say that 4 years old is a good age for your kid to discover how a skatepark feels like and how he can play nice with other kids that love to skate.
How long will a skateboard last?
Now it depends a lot on the end-user and how he treats the board whenever he is riding or strolling around. In general terms, a skateboard usually lasts around 6 to 12 months, but it’s not impossible to last a couple of years as the best kids
What’s the easiest skateboard to ride?
As a consensus, the penny board is regarded as the easiest board to start learning skateboarding, as it is more durable and flexible. It allows the users to easily handle the curbs and go straight over the road crack without disrupting the balance.
Does my kid need kneepads and a helmet when skateboarding?
Yes, absolutely. Your kid needs to use the proper safety equipment during the whole process of learning and developing his skills. Once he becomes confident on his skateboard then it is safe to let him take off the knee pads.Although we want to strongly advise everyone to use a helmet, as it can save terrible amounts of damage to your kid’s head.
Do children need special shoes for skating?
Skateboarding shoes are specifically designed to provide a more durable skateboarding experience and a better grip on the board. You can take a very good example out of Vans, who invented the well-known waffle pattern that goes on the whole sole surface and is providing maximum grip.
Generally, even when using the best kids bike, it is highly recommended that your children wear shoes with thinner soles because they provide better stability on the board/bike pedal.
Verdict and Our Recommendation for 2020
Our top choice for this year is the Skatexs Personalized Panda Skateboard Board as it has everything necessary for your kid to develop a love for this sport. Its stable deck with the perfect width makes it the most accurate in handling curbs and provides an excellent level of grip to its surface. After we reviewed the best skateboards for kids we will not hesitate and recommend the Skatexs board one of the best skateboards for kids 2020. For other interesting articles like this one, make sure you don’t forget to visit top-mom.com or to bookmark it for a later browsing session.