Common Skin Problems Faced During Pregnancy
You must have heard about the ‘pregnancy glow’ but not all are lucky enough to shine during pregnancy. You might also look like a pimple-faced teenage girl. Weird symptoms during pregnancy are not rare anymore. Therefore, let’s have a look at some of the skin problems caused during pregnancy.
Linea Nigra and 'Mask of Pregnancy'
These two skin problems are common among 75% of pregnant women. They occur due to an increase in pigmentation caused by pregnancy hormones often. A specific hormone called melasma is mostly the reason for dark spots on the face, and at times also in your nose and cheeks. The dark line formed between your belly button and the pubic area is termed as Linea nigra. If your skin tone is darker, then chances are there that you will experience it more than others. But if you have a whiter skin tone or a medium skin tone, then this problem might not occur to you. If you are using pregnancy-safe self-tanner, then also consult the doctor to avoid any issues.
Well, stretch marks are indeed the most common problem among pregnant women. If you are not aware of what a stretch mark actually is, then know that they are reddish colored lines or streaks that run down from your breast to the belly. Chances are there that if you are gaining weight rapidly during pregnancy then you will face this problem more than others. However, there are a lot of safe cosmetic products that can help you get rid of the stretch marks after your pregnancy. Also, to avoid pregnancy stretch marks make sure that you keep your skin moisturized enough.
One of the most common complaints during pregnancy is skin acne. Skin acne is common during pregnancy because excess oil is released by the body in this condition. This excess oil results in acne and other skin problems. It is highly recommended that you use the best face wash for pregnancy acne. Acnes are frustrating and we understand that. So further, in the article, we will discuss the topic in more detail based on the best pregnancy face wash 2020 verdict.
Top 10 Best Pregnancy Face Washes: Comparison Table
Very Safe for Pregnancy: Belli Anti-Blemish Facial Wash Review
- EXPECT BEAUTIFUL SKIN: Belli Anti-Blemish Facial Wash is a pure face wash that targets breakouts and hormonal acne. It features a blend of lactic acid (found naturally in the body), green tea, and cucumber extract for an antioxidant-rich exfoliating cleanser. Free of common acne-fighting ingredients; glycolic acid, salicylic acid, and benzoyl peroxide; that can cause over-drying and irritation (which can lead to more breakouts).
- ENJOY PEACE OF MIND: Belli is Picky for a Purpose to give you peace of mind. Every Belli product is allergy tested, free of paraben preservatives, gluten, phthalates, and artificial dyes or fragrances. For expecting and nursing moms, Belli even follows a unique safety screening process to avoid ingredients, synthetic or natural, with known links to birth defects or harmful effects while breastfeeding. Belli's pregnancy skincare products are loved by moms before, during and after pregnancy.
- CAN BE USED WITH OTHER BELLI PRODUCTS: For maintaining a healthy glow during pregnancy and beyond, try our complete facial regimen: Cleanse with Anti-Blemish Facial Wash, prep with Fresh Start Pre-Treatment Scrub, treat with Acne Control Spot Treatment, hydrate with Healthy Glow Facial Hydrator, protect with Pure Radiance Facial Sunscreen, and soothe with Sheer Comfort Lip Balm.
- APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: Gently apply onto a damp face or body, massage into skin for 30-60 seconds, rinse, and pat dry. Use two times a day, morning and night. For an intensive mask, apply Anti-Blemish Facial Wash and leave for up to 5 minutes.
- PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS: Package includes (1) 6.5 oz. Belli Anti-Blemish Facial Wash.
Certified Ingredients: Christina Moss Naturals Face Wash Review
- ESPECIALLY GREAT FOR THOSE WITH VERY SENSITIVE SKIN: NO harmful chemicals of any kind (no chemical preservatives, no SLS, SLES, Propylene Glycol, PG derivatives, parabens, sulfates, dyes or synthetic fragrance). Greatly improves condition of the skin and pores. Perfect for ALL skin types. Hypoallergenic.
- OUR PRODUCTS ARE CONCENTRATED AND EFFECTIVE: Gently and thoroughly cleanses your skin without stripping, drying or leaving build-up. Our 4 oz. tube is equivalent to 8 oz. of other products. A dime size drop will cleanse your whole face. Works extremely well with a Clarisonic and other skin cleansing tools. Made for both women and men.
- MADE WITH CERTIFIED ORGANIC & NATURAL INGREDIENTS: 100% Satisfaction GUARANTEED. We guarantee purity and freshness for 6 months after your purchase date. Should anything appear unsatisfactory to you within that time, simply return it for a replacement or full refund.
- DESIGNED TO GET YOU RESULTS. Uniquely designed to gently, thoroughly, cleanse your skin while delivering key nourishing & benefiting ingredients. While it can be used alongside other brands, our products are formulated to support a highly effective relationship with one another. Properly layering CMN products brings optimal benefits & the best results possible. With our custom blend of organic ingredients and complete lack of toxic chemicals, our products are considered the best available.
- YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL AT ANY AGE: Your age does not define who you are. Fresh, vibrant skin & healthy hair say a lot about a person. The question is, how do you maintain the freshness & vibrancy of youth, naturally? No one ever said they wanted to grow up & have invasive surgery, skin injections or laser treatments. It's expensive, scary & it often looks quite artificial. There is a solution. Human skin is a living organ that absorbs what is applied to it. This is where our products come in.
Recommended by Dermatologists: CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser Review
- [ FOAMING CLEANSER ] Dispenses as a clear gel cleanser and transforms into a foam as you lather. Cleanses without leaving skin feeling tight, dry, or stripped
- [ ESSENTIAL CERAMIDES ] Ceramides are found naturally in the skin and make up 50% of the lipids in the skin barrier. All CeraVe products are formulated with three essential ceramides (1, 3, 6-II) to help restore and maintain the skin’s natural barrier
- [ DERMATOLOGIST RECOMMENDED ] CeraVe Skincare is developed with dermatologists and has products suitable for different skin types, including dry skin, oily skin, acne-prone, and more
- [ DAILY FACE WASH ] Fragrance-free, non-comedogenic, non-drying, and non-irritating. Gently refreshes and effectively removes excess oil, dirt, and makeup
- [ FACE & BODY WASH ] Cleanser for face, can also be used on the body and/or hands. Suitable for normal to oily skin
For All Skin Types: Pacifica Beauty Sea Foam Complete Face Wash Review
- REMOVE ALL TRACES OF MAKEUP, OIL AND IMPURITIES with our foaming face cleanser that leaves skin feeling fresh and balanced
- ACHIEVE REFRESHED AND LUMINOUS SKIN at any age with the power of advanced marine phytonutrients that leave you with gorgeous, glowing and healthy skin
- SMELLS LIKE FRESH COCONUT, this deliciously scented face wash is a Pacifica fan favorite and our top-selling facial cleanser
- MADE WITH PREMIUM INGREDIENTS including coconut water, coconut oil, sea algae and white tea that are vegan and cruelty free
- FREE OF HARSH CHEMICALS including parabens, phthalates, SLS, mineral oil and petroleum, as well as sulfate-free, cruelty free and 100% vegan
Hypoallergenic: Mederma AG Hydrating Facial Cleanser Review
- Mederma AG Facial Cleanser gently exfoliates dry, dead surface cells from your skin
- Not only can it be used as a cleanser, but it is also an excellent shave cream
- Mederma AG Facial Cleanser helps hydrate and soften dry skin, leaving the skin refreshed, clean, and soft.
- Mederma AG products provide the exfoliating benefits of glycolic acid in a gentle, pH-balanced cleansing and moisturizing system for the entire body
- This Advanced Dry Skin Therapy line is: Hypoallergenic, Free of added perfumes and fragrances, Soap-free (resulting in minimum irritation), Non-comedogenic, Dermatologist recommended. Also can be used for shaving sensitive areas such as bikini line, face or underarms
Tested on Sensitive Skin: La Roche-Posay Toleriane Face Wash Cleanser Review
- Gentle purifying foaming face wash cleanser for normal skin to oily skin suitable for sensitive skin
- Formulated with La Roche Posay Prebiotic thermal water, Ceramides, Niacin amide and Glycerin
- Soap free; Oil free; Fragrance free; Non comedogenic; Allergy tested; Paraben free
Anti Aging Effect: Era Organics Natural Moisturizing Face Wash Review
- THE BEST FACIAL CLEANSER FOR DRY, OILY, DAMAGED, SENSITIVE SKIN. Moisturizing plant based face wash perfectly balanced to your skin’s 5.5 PH. Most face cleanser are 10 PH which can dry out and ruin your skin. Soothe, Hydrate & Restore your skin or your MONEY BACK thanks to our manufacturer guarantee!
- RESTORE DULL, DRY SKIN by working with your skin’s natural biology without drying it out. Gentle facial cleanser that won’t remove your natural protection provided by oils and nutrients normally stripped away by most soaps and cleansers.
- PERFECT FOR DAMAGED, SENSITIVE SKIN. Our gentle daily face wash even helps cleanse sensitive skin prone to PSORIASIS, ECZEMA, DERMATITIS, ACNE and more without causing pain or irritation. Sensitive skin face wash without alcohol, allergens or drying ingredients.
- NATURALLY ANTI AGING by restoring skin cells and not drying out your skin while protecting from damaging free radicals thanks to food grade ingredients including Manuka Honey and Aloe Vera. Free radicals, excesses dryness and damage can give the appearance of premature aging. Keep your skin toned and supple.
- SAFE YET EFFECTIVE thanks to our sulfate-free formula that has no harmful chemicals, no alcohol, no mineral oil, is fragrance free, paraben free and no animal testing-- making it one of the best face washes on the market for men, women and even gentle enough for children. 60 DAY MONEY BACK MANUFACTURER GUARANTEE
Great Smell: Beauty by Earth Foaming Face Wash Review
- REDUCE BLEMISHES NATURALLY: By combining soothing natural ingredients, our foaming face wash eradicates impurities that cause acne and other skin blemishes. Aloe Vera leaf juice naturally draws out toxins to help keep breakouts away, and Tea Tree oils’ antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antiviral, and antifungal properties are a perfect match for acne, eczema and dermatitis.
- CLEANSE WITH FOAM FOR A GLOWING COMPLEXION: Because the foaming face wash penetrates the skin at a deep level, it will pressure wash your pores from the inside out to clear away dirt and oils. Once you use it, this facial cleanser will help you look at your complexion in a whole new way.
- ONLY THE GOOD STUFF: You don’t have to jeopardize your skin health by using products with low quality or worse - damaging ingredients. That’s why we use only the best natural and organic ingredients for our foaming face wash. It’s sulfate free, vegan, never tested on animals, and made right here in the USA. We’ve added just the right amount of peppermint, tea tree, and orange oil to provide an indulgent, relaxing aroma.
- NO MORE BREAKOUTS caused from over-drying your skin. Forget cleansers that only work for certain people. Our facial cleanser is formulated for every type of skin so it’s the perfect face wash for both women and men. You'll experience the deep hydration of Aloe Vera Leaf Juice and essential oils as our natural and organic face wash penetrates your pores for a deep clean without causing irritation or oiliness.
- LOVE IT OR LET US KNOW: We know you’re gonna love what our foaming facewash can do. We’re so confident that we’ll even guarantee it. Every product we sell comes with a 30 day, 100% Customer Satisfaction Guarantee. If at any point over the next month you don’t love your new radiant complexion, simply send it back and we’ll give you a full refund – no awkward questions required.
Great Product with Tea Tree Oil: BELLA B Foaming Face Wash Review
- TEA TREE FOAMING FACIAL CLEANSER: A gentle acne face wash with pharmaceutical-grade tea tree oil.
- PREGNANCY SAFE ACNE PRODUCTS: Free of parabens, benzoil peroxide, alpha hydroxy and salicylic acid.
- KEY EMOLLIENTS: The best foaming face wash for moms, with natural emollients like shea and aloe.
- ORGANIC PREGNANCY SKINCARE: Made with organic pomegranate, green tea and acai berry.
- DIRECTIONS: Use this hypoallergenic face wash twice daily for clean, clear skin.
For Daily Use: Body Boost Daily Clarifying Face Wash Review
- Specially formulated to treat blemishes, uneven gone and patchiness.
- Clincally tested for hypoallergency.
- Rebalancing effect without over-drying and stripping skin of vital oils.
- Free from parabens, phtalates, laurel sulfate and artificial fragrances.
Guidelines for Buyers: Ways to Choose the Right Pregnancy Face wash
Ingredients To Look For
While buying any face wash you must keep a note of the ingredients used in the products. Especially, when you are pregnant the ingredients used must be safe for both you and your baby. Some of the best ingredients to look for in facial cleanser for pregnant women are as follows:
- Soapwort: This is an ingredient made from the perennial herb which is the best for sensitive skin. So, if you are someone with sensitive skin, then it is highly recommended to look for this particular ingredient in your pregnancy face wash.
- Natural Oils: The best face wash during pregnancy must contain this particular ingredient. Natural oils help to prevent skin acne during pregnancy. Therefore, it recommended that you look for this ingredient to enhance acne treatment.
- Tea Tree: Tea tree has got in its antibacterial and antifungal properties. So, it is an organic ingredient that will help you avoid many pregnancy-related skin problems.
- Dactyl Glucoside: This is a very gentle and non-toxic ingredient that will give you the best face wash while pregnant. It is highly suitable for sensitive skin as it helps to prevent skin rashes.
- Clay: If you have excessively dry skin, then we suggest you look for clay as an ingredient in your face wash. Clay helps to clean your skin without taking away the oil from your face and does not leave it completely dry.
Ingredients That You Should Avoid
According to pregnancy face wash reviews, there are certain ingredients that must be avoided during pregnancy. Let’s have a look at what those ingredients are that you must not buy when pregnant.
- Retinoid: We highly recommend you avoid products like Avage, retinol, Tazorac, retina-A, Renova, and so on. These ingredients have a possibility to cause birth defects.
- Tetracycline: This antibiotic ingredient can curb the baby’s teeth and bones development.
- Hydroquinone: 34% to 45% of this skin whitening ingredient gets absorbed into your body when you apply it topically. Although there are no studies that show the link of hydroquinone and pregnancy directly this ingredient is harmful in general. Therefore, it is best to avoid it during pregnancy too.
- Salicylic Acid: This ingredient is present in a very less amount in most of the beauty products. Also, it is not really very harmful. But still, to avoid any complications,
it is better to use it infrequently or to avoid this ingredient.
- Benzoyl Peroxide: Before you use this ingredient, make sure that you consult your doctor because benzoyl peroxide is not a highly suggested ingredient for skincare during pregnancy.
Other Things to Consider
Certain other things to keep in mind while buying a pregnancy-safe face wash are:
- Makeup removing efficiency: It is very important that you buy a face wash that can effectively remove your face makeup. A pregnancy safe makeup remover face wash must include ingredients like clay, natural oils, and so on. So, make sure that you keep an eye on the ingredients to ensure effective face cleaning.
- Face wash fragrance: Nausea during pregnancy is very common. Therefore, we highly suggest you to avoid buying any face wash that has a strong fragrance. Opt for a very light fragrance.
Best Pregnancy Face Wash FAQ
Is it Necessary to Use Pregnancy Face Wash?
The face wash is a very essential product for all time. So, you must use a face wash during pregnancy too. But it is to be kept in mind that a normal usage face wash is different from a safe pregnancy face wash. Therefore, you must check the list of safe face washes during pregnancy and choose the brand that you think will suit you the most. Make sure that whichever brand you choose has the right organic ingredients. Also, do not use soap on your face, you must pick a soap-free face wash during this time. If you face any skin problem, then do contact your doctor immediately and replace the product.
How Many Times a Day Should I Use Face Wash During Pregnancy?
We suggest you use the best face wash for pregnancy twice a day. That will help your face stay oil-free and prevent acne. Also, using face wash more than twice during pregnancy can cause pregnancy breakouts. So, avoid its excess use and use it twice a day only when needed. Pregnancy is the time to go easy on your skin, if you try to use excess beauty products on your skin, then it might cause other skin related issues. This is applicable even when you use the best pregnancy face wash. So, always keep this in mind while using any beauty product during pregnancy.
Wrapping it Up
We hope that this article was able to help you know how to choose the best pregnancy face wash. Make sure that whenever you are choosing the brand of your face wash, you follow our guide for the ingredients. All our opinions are based on the best pregnancy face wash 2020 customer reviews, hence, you can trust our guide. If you are already using any other products, then also check their ingredients once. You must be careful about every product that you use during this time because when you breastfeed your infant, toxic ingredients may harm him/her. In case if you face any skin issues, then consulting a doctor nearby is a must. Visit top-mom.com for honest reviews on pregnancy face washes and other products. So, choose wisely and stay safe!
- 1 Common Skin Problems Faced During Pregnancy
- 2 Top 10 Best Pregnancy Face Washes: Comparison Table
- 2.1 Very Safe for Pregnancy: Belli Anti-Blemish Facial Wash Review
- 2.2 Certified Ingredients: Christina Moss Naturals Face Wash Review
- 2.3 Recommended by Dermatologists: CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser Review
- 2.4 For All Skin Types: Pacifica Beauty Sea Foam Complete Face Wash Review
- 2.5 Hypoallergenic: Mederma AG Hydrating Facial Cleanser Review
- 2.6 Tested on Sensitive Skin: La Roche-Posay Toleriane Face Wash Cleanser Review
- 2.7 Anti Aging Effect: Era Organics Natural Moisturizing Face Wash Review
- 2.8 Great Smell: Beauty by Earth Foaming Face Wash Review
- 2.9 Great Product with Tea Tree Oil: BELLA B Foaming Face Wash Review
- 2.10 For Daily Use: Body Boost Daily Clarifying Face Wash Review
- 3 Guidelines for Buyers: Ways to Choose the Right Pregnancy Face wash
- 4 Best Pregnancy Face Wash FAQ
- 5 Wrapping it Up