Before we go through the list, let’s take a look at the questions you may asked yourself (or ever wonder about) about the after birth underwear.
Do You Actually Need Postpartum Underwear?
Absolutely yes! It is quite normal to bleed heavily after you give birth. Surely, you do not wish to spoil or stain your post-delivery underwear. Or in other words, it is not possible to wear your normal panties at that time as there are surgical stitches.
The postpartum underwear has generous cut with wider leg openings that help you to easily slide in. Additionally, it can retain maxi pads without causing any leakages and you can lead care-free nursing.
How Much Do You Bleed After Birth?
The postpartum symptoms like lochia or vaginal bleeding start once your baby comes out. You lose a lot of your blood and mucus which continues up to ten days. Later, you will experience light bleeding that can go up to four to six weeks. The fact is that the period and quantity of bleeding depends upon the nature of your body.
Do You Have to Wear a Diaper After Birth?
Most experts recommend you to use best postpartum pads or incontinence diapers immediately after the delivery to control the massive blood flow. This lends you a little comfort even during the body’s mechanism of blood ridding.
Best Underwear for after delivery - Top 10
Best OVERALL Maternity Underwear: ASIMOON Underwear - No Muffin Top, Full Coverage Cotton Review
Women truly fall for this maternity underwear as it procures an intimate design. The right mix of seamless fabrics like 94.9% cotton and 5.1% Spandex material offers you appreciable elasticity features and perfectly fits into your body. You can feel the softness of gusset inner lining that supports your bump like a cradle and also, maternity fold-over panties holds your back and hips in place.
Why We Like It?
- This low waistline maternity brief is hygiene and eco-friendly to wear.
- Blends well under the clothes without showing off any lines.
- Light color variants available which help in easy detection of unusual discharge.
Best High Waisted Maternity Panties: High Rise Wirarpa Post Delivery Panties Review
Maternity period demands innerwear that can fully support your tummy without any compression. This soft twin-layered cotton postpartum panties completely covers your waist without developing any kind of discomforts like rolling or bunching. Hence, it offers you first-hand comfort and goes pretty well with your muffin top.
Why We Like It?
- The breathable cotton material of this high waist after pregnancy underwear gives you the added benefit of sweat-wicking and is the exact pick for your abdominal surgery recovery.
- Quality postpartum panties that resist shrinkage.
Best Mesh Postpartum Underwear - Mesh Knit After Pregnancy Underwear Review
We suggest these short-term mesh postpartum panties if you insist on not to have a waistline that pressurizes your incision line. A mesh panties postpartum pack contains five panties that are just an amazing gift for a new mom.
Why We Like It?
- This mesh underwear has purely light and breathable fabric.
- Super soft, durable and really comfy.
- Highly recommended for speedy surgical recovery.
- It can securely keep any item from postpartum care kit in place.
- Reusable and disposable underwear type.
Best Postpartum Disposable Underwear: Silky and Quick Dry Discreet Postpartum Panties Review
Who does not love to grab things particularly if it comes with some extras? This special after delivery panties is often related as a wonderful model for overcoming the state with incontinence. Women adore the silky soft material it possesses. This disposable maternity underwear might overwhelm you with its performance for leakage prevention and fast-drying methodology.
- The twin guard technology easily absorbs liquid and readily convert it into gel without letting any leakage to occur from the sides.
- Also, this discreet product brilliantly subsides the build-up of any odors.
- Ensure menstrual hygiene.
- Fashionable designs are missing.
Most Comfortable Maternity Underwear: Adaptable Mesh Post Pregnancy Underwear Review
This after pregnancy underwear holds a multi-purpose title which makes you confident enough to carry it anywhere you want to. You can pair your underwear for pregnant women with the best pads for after baby to deal with incontinence. Also, the soft and extending material makes it comfortable for you to carry out your job.
- Offers full butt coverage.
- Disposable at your will.
- Washing can affect the durability of the fabric.
Best for Postpartum Recovery: Kindred Wide Lacy After Pregnancy Underwear Review
The drop-dead sexy postpartum panties work on 94.5%-4.5% nylon-spandex combination gives it a pretty hot and refreshing look. Moreover, this piece of maternity panties gently covers your baby belly without actually pinching or digging the skin. It looks great with muffin tops and is itself available in vibrant colors.
- Assist in retaining the shape of your belly without developing any sags.
- Easily keeps the post-surgery dressing as well as the maternity pads within the panties.
- Preferable to use up to a year after delivery.
- Regular washing can take off the lace fitting.
Most Comfortable Maternity Briefs: Menstrual Friendly Funcy Postpartum Panties Review
The precise mix of bamboo, spandex and cellulose material makes maternity briefs so easy for you to clean and use. Created with three layers it effectually absorbs even during heavy menstrual flow. Also, the waistline band has a mild control on the tummy.
- The regenerated cellulose offers good moisture permeability characteristics and inhibits the growth of microbes.
- Super-delicate and has a low-rise hipster section.
- It accompanies with an odd scent for the first few usages.
Best Tummy Control Panties: Innersy Premium Cotton Panties Review
The pregnancy period is usually accompanied by back pain. However, the 360-degree tightening effect of this postpartum tummy control lingerie makes it the best postpartum belly wrap and finely supports your backside. By wearing post-delivery underwear, you can get a feel of flat tummy which can indeed heighten your comfort level.
- Made from 99.9% premium cotton which reduces sweating.
- It can lift your butt showing up your classy body curves.
- Highly recommended for a postpartum mom who wishes for a fast incision recovery.
- Employed for third-trimester comfort.
- Shrink after wash.
- Make sure you properly dry it to avoid bacterial infection.
Best Postpartum Compression Underwear: Dedicated Tummy Compressor After Birth Panties Review
We advise you to use this product if you dream to shrink your abdomen and uterus in a few weeks. The design of this postpartum compression underwear is in such a manner that it applies compression evenly on the tummy area. In addition, it is powerful enough to reduce the swelling around the post-baby belly.
- Highly recommended as the best underwear for after birth that assists you to bounce back and stay beautiful.
- No extras like Velcro or heavy belly belts that might cause pressure to a specific area only.
- The leg holes seem to be tight.
Most Cost-efficient: Suekaphin Womens Maternity Panties Review
This breathable maternity underwear can impressively carry you from the first hint of growing bump along the restless nights and early wake-ups. The ultra-smooth material provides all-day comfort for your body and you are certainly going to fall for the colors.
- Available at a fairly cheap rate.
- Washing can ruin the quality.
Plus Size Maternity Underwear
Full Coverage Maternity Underwear: Best Choice for Plus Size Mommy
- This body shaping panty has a soft waist band and knit in panel that relieves pressure and provides back and belly comfort and support
- Can be worn as a support underwear every day and remains invisible under clothing
- The secret fit shaper panty is a customer favorite and is designed to smooth hips, thighs, bottom, and belly for a sleeker look. It provides a flattering silhouette while supporting your baby bump
- Nylon/spandex shaper with cotton gusset
- Please click on our Motherhood Maternity Logo above to shop our brand
- NOTE – We have added 3 new colors (gray, brown, purple) to the product set, which you can see on the A+ page. In the color replacement stage, when you receive the product, you may receive a new color set, thank you! BREATHABLE FABRIC – These maternity underwear are made from 95% pure and soft cotton and 5% spandex with a 100% cotton crotch. These underwear wick moisture and sweat to prevent skin irritation. Expecting mothers can wear these underwear all day long without any discomfort.
- ADJUSTABLE BUTTON DESIGN – Comes with an adjustable button design that allows you to adjust the waistband according to your needs. It also saves you from having to buy underwear again and again since the waist of these pregnancy underwear can be loosened or tightened according to your needs.
- ABDOMINAL SUPPORT – Our pregnancy underwear are made with the full pregnancy cycle in mind. These maternity underwear wrap around your waist after you put them on and protect your abdomen. Also, the full coverage of these underwear protect the privacy of expecting mothers.
- WHITE COLOR LINING – Crotch inner lining made of 100% cotton fabric. Choose light color lingerie for easy detection of any abnormal discharge or spotting. Be safe for your baby. Tips: If you are not sure which size you should choose, we recommend that you buy a larger size, because during pregnancy is different from usual, larger sizes can be adjusted, which can provide more room for your baby to grow.
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED – Your satisfaction is our priority. Each and every package passes through a pre-shipment quality check to ensure you get a defect free and correct product. Made under strict quality controls, every effort has been made to make sure the highest quality standards are maintained during the entire manufacturing process.
- Seamless Comfortable Fit: 88% Nylon+12% Spandex. Skin-friendly,soft lightweight, comfortable breathable and super elastic. Seamless design can be invisible under your clothes, better define the bumps, get rid of the underwear lines.
- Comfortable Support: The abdominal region support belt provides a gradual abdominal support effect, gentle lift bumps and slight compression. Breathable mesh smooth out lumps and didn't squish. Gives belly effective support, shape and comfort.
- Butt Lifter: The mesh of the hips will not flatten your butt, giving you a nice line of hips. Butt lifter band to lift and enhance your hips volume,shaping plentiful hips.
- Unique Design: Adjustable and detachable straps offer comfort and flexibility; The Widen open crotch hole design are lengthened and moved back so that there is enough space to make it more convenient to go to the toilet. The mid-thigh length design stop the thighs chafing,soft fabric convenient to walk, not tight. Targeted compression in the right position provides comfort support, not roll up.
- Maternity Must Have Items: Comfortable and invisible seamless maternity shapewear, perfect for maternity dress casual/tight. Good to wear when you in office, at home, doing gym workout, doing yoga, and even during sleeping. Note:Please refer to our own size measurement before ordering(Not the Amazon Size Chart).
- Material:Crotch 100% pure Cotton. Other 95% Cotton&5% Spandex(under bump type has Silver Ion)
- Design:High waist maternity panties, adjustable draw string, naughty baby smile print, everyday wearAll the existing merchandise updated the leg area with the very high elastic lace
- 6 size:More accurate size more suitable, over bump Panties from 1x to 6x, suit for 33-60 inch abdomen, including the special plus size
- High quality fiber, little bigger net-weight than other same size maternity panties,Breathable and adjustable
- Hand/Machine Wash, easily clean maternity underwear
- LIGHTWEIGHT SOFT STRETCHY FABRIC - Our signature Premium fabric is lightweight, soft, stretchy, silky and oh-so comfy. It allows legs and clothes to glide without pilling. 96% Poly/4% Spandex, exclusive of trims, cotton gusset. CARE- Machine wash cold, line dry. Once you have slipped on your favorite pair of Shortlettes, you will want to wear them every day and night.
- SEAM FREE INNER THIGH - Superior thigh protection without added friction or weakness. Leg stays put while walking without riding up. Our designs are made to last. SIZE INCLUSIVE- Sized small to 5X Plus Maternity
- MULTI-PURPOSE WEAR - Our Shortlettes are designed as a layering piece and to be worn as underwear. Perfect to wear for sleep or for layering under a favorite dress; it is thin and lightweight. Perfect for vacations, walking, the beach, amusement parks, water parks, date night, work and more. They are not meant to be worn as outerwear alone.
- NON-COMPRESSION FIT - Stretchy, comfy fit. Absolutely not shapewear. Made for all day comfort.
- QUALITY GUARANTEED - We want you to LOVE your Undersummers garments. Please contact Customer Care if you are not completely satisfied with your garments and we will be happy to issue you an exchange or refund. Our sizing is different. Please use size chart and measurements for sizing.
Post Delivery Underwear
Most comfortable - Hansilk Hospital Underwear After Birth
- Postpartum Mesh Underwear: Made of 95% polyester＋3% spandex＋2% nylon, breathable, stretchable, stretchy, lightweight and comfortable, disposable mesh panties essential product for postpartum recovery.
- Flexible & No irritant : With a nice elasticity, C-section underwear meet the needs of various body types, high waist design of mesh postpartum underwear does not stimulate the incision, so our post birth panties can be used for both vaginal and C-section deliveries, comfortable and non-irritating, is the best choice for postoperative recovery. Also can hold full-sized maternity & incontinence pads securely.
- Multi-Purpose: C-section mesh underwear not only great for postpartum recovery both for natural and cesarean type births, also perfect for traveling, camping, hiking, working out, spa visits and for everyday use.
- Cost-effective: Disposable Postpartum panties can be washed and used multiple times, if gently washed, they can be used up to 5-10 times; during some special time, if you have no time to wash up the underwear. The economical mesh maternity underwear will help you a lot, Just use and discard.
- 4 sizes for all kinds of body types: M, L, XL, XXL. Please Choose a larger size if your size between in two size.
- ♥A MUST HAVE FOR MOTHERS:Perfect for c section recovery or hysterectomy,these panties are a lifesaver to new mothers during those tough times,They rise way above the incision cover your belly button(never roll down),and offer compression to hold a thick bandage in place to protect your incision.they are also suitable for the person who are Suffering Low Back Pain or Sedentary in Office.these panties offer a slight but comfortable tummy support.
- ♥ 50S COTTON FABRIC & HEATHY:These panties are made of high quality 50S cotton fabric which is super soft and breathable,panties with 95% high quality combed cotton and double-layer cotton crotch can make you feel surprisingly comfortable,they won't roll down or ride up in the back because of the wide and high elastic waistband.they just fit great,you won't feel too tight or too loose,comfortable and healthy are two of the most important Features of these panties.
- ♥HIGH ELASTIC LEG HOLES: We know the leg hole is a big issue,you may have the expeience that you love everything of the panties except the tight leg hole,we use high elastic material around the leg holes,there's no need to worry about it.
- ♥ ESSENTIAL FOR BEAUTY:High waist cotton soft breathable panties,If you have a“pooch”and want to wear a nice dress,these panties are definitely a good choice for you,they can help you slim down .these panties are also good at smoothing lines,they cover all of the stomach curves in the right places giving you a slimmer look.make you more confident without muffin top,our panties can also lift your butt at the same time.
- MULTI-FUNCTIONAL: Slimming front tummy panel made of double-layered PowerSlim for firm compression
- ADVANCED UTILITY: Helps you recover after a C-section or natural delivery by reducing swelling and promoting healing. Protects C-section incisions
- POST-PREGNANCY FITNESS: Wearing this panty helps you get back into shape. Instantly slims your tummy so you can feel like yourself again
- COMFORTABLE DESIGN: Front panel has adjustable velcro sides for a perfect fit. No hooks or zippers
- MATERIALS AND GARMENT CARE: Fabric content: 84.3% polyamide, 15.7% elastane. Garment care instructions: Hand wash cold, do not tumble dry, do not use bleach, use a soft detergent
- MAXIMUM PROTECTION – stay dry with an extended leak proof layer PLUS absorbent mid-section – equivalent to 2 x tampons
- “NO STAINED BED SHEETS” – sleep safe and sound, whether you lie on your back or front
- MATERNITY & POSTPARTUM – the comfy high waist design is gentle around your waist, and is ideal coverage for c-section incision lines
- “AMAZING CUSTOMER SERVICE” – feel assured that you’ll get world-class service. Please contact us if you have any questions or problems… we’d love to hear from you
- Absorbent incontinence underwear that always ship discreetly
- Super absorbent core turns liquid to gel, for dry protection
- RapidDry protection helps lock away your heaviest bladder leaks or overactive bladder
- 360° FormFit design fits close to your body and smoothly under clothes, unlike bulky adult diapers
- Exclusive OdorLock Technology neutralizes odors instantly and continuously
Buyer’s Guide: All You Need to Know About Post-Baby Underwear
Now, you might have developed an overall picture about the merits and demerits of the best postpartum panties that are currently available. Then, how to decide the one that is going to match you the most. For knowing this, you need to analyze your priorities.
Selecting Your Style for the Best Post-Baby Underwear
The popular options that moms prefer to wear include
- The High Rise or Full Briefs Pattern
- The Low Rise types
- Mesh type that is incision specific
- Compression panties
- And finally, the disposable types of underwear
Still, whatever style you opt, at the end of the day, coziness only matters. Hence, you cannot really judge the styles.
Materials Come Next!
A couple of fabrics are mostly employed to make the best post-baby underwear and each has its own, specialty. Here goes the list.
- Cotton: Majority of moms prefer to use this material. It guarantees an air passage that allows rapid healing. Further, it tends to stay longer when compared to other materials even after a number of washes.
- Spandex: A part of this stuff finds use while making the maternity panties to bring in the compression style and elasticity.
- Mesh: Used for making airy and light disposable pairs.
- Microfiber: It has a super-absorbing nature.
Check If It Is Within Your Budget
Paying for the best underwear after giving birth is worth because you deserve it. The price of the product varies according to the brand, style and size you choose.
There are provisions like a fitted silicone panel that comes close to C-sections scars and soothes it. Even the best panties for after birth has pockets in it to retain and enjoy an ice pack.
Our Recommendation for 2020
It is natural that you feel a whirlwind of emotions during the delivery period. Adding to it, surgical pain and bleeding also affect you. So, you need to act bravely and do not let this process take all your happiness that you need to share with the newcomer.
For this, make sure you already packed your favorite pick from the best postpartum underwear 2020 in your hospital bag. We at Top-Mom recommend you to get the Always Discreet Postpartum Underwear that gives you maximum leakage protection and is available in a value pack. Further, if you require full belly coverage and appreciate fast healing technology, then opt for Wirarpa Womens Cotton Underwear and Seamless Mesh Postpartum Underwear respectively. If you are picking up late, get the hip item that makes you go in shape even after the nursing period and suitable for all climate. Innersy Tummy control panties are one among such type.
- 1 Best Underwear for after delivery - Top 10
- 1.1 Best OVERALL Maternity Underwear: ASIMOON Underwear - No Muffin Top, Full Coverage Cotton Review
- 1.2 Best High Waisted Maternity Panties: High Rise Wirarpa Post Delivery Panties Review
- 1.3 Best Mesh Postpartum Underwear - Mesh Knit After Pregnancy Underwear Review
- 1.4 Best Postpartum Disposable Underwear: Silky and Quick Dry Discreet Postpartum Panties Review
- 1.5 Most Comfortable Maternity Underwear: Adaptable Mesh Post Pregnancy Underwear Review
- 1.6 Best for Postpartum Recovery: Kindred Wide Lacy After Pregnancy Underwear Review
- 1.7 Most Comfortable Maternity Briefs: Menstrual Friendly Funcy Postpartum Panties Review
- 1.8 Best Tummy Control Panties: Innersy Premium Cotton Panties Review
- 1.9 Best Postpartum Compression Underwear: Dedicated Tummy Compressor After Birth Panties Review
- 1.10 Most Cost-efficient: Suekaphin Womens Maternity Panties Review
- 2 Plus Size Maternity Underwear
- 3 Post Delivery Underwear
- 4 Buyer’s Guide: All You Need to Know About Post-Baby Underwear
- 5 Our Recommendation for 2020