- 1 Best Pads for After Birth – Top 10
- 1.1 Always Radiant Feminine Pads - Best Female Postpartum Pads Review
- 1.2 Best For Maximum Protection: Poise Incontinence Pads Review
- 1.3 Best Night Time Protection: Always Maxi Overnight Pads Review
- 1.4 Perfect For Postpartum Moms - Honey Pot Postpartum Feminine Pads Review
- 1.5 Long-term Use: Simfamily Sanitary Cloth Pads for Heavy Flow Review
- 1.6 Skin-friendly: COSYOUNG Reusable Overnight Bamboo Cloth Pads Review
- 1.7 Chlorine-Free: Seventh Generation Overnight Maxi Pads Review
- 1.8 100% Biodegradable: Organyc Cotton Feminine Pads Review
- 1.9 Innovative Design: Dutchess Reusable Panty Liner Review
- 1.10 Review
- 2 Buyer’s Guide: All You Need to Know About After Birth Pads
- 2.1 What Should I Look for in Best Pads for Post Delivery?
- 2.2 How to Launder Cloth Pads
- 2.3 Types of Postpartum Items
- 2.4 Tips for Postpartum Bleeding and Recovery
- 3 Our Recommendation for 2020
Best Pads for After Birth – Top 10
Always Radiant Feminine Pads - Best Female Postpartum Pads Review
Most of the best postpartum pads will always promote features such as odor-free and great absorbency; however, it is always difficult to create something to suit all types and bodies. Considering the types of pads that are the best after delivery is quite important.
Always Radiant Feminine Pads are made by a reliable manufacturer. They will keep you clean and fresh. These pads will make you feel light and comfortable, in such a way that you can still wear your favorite clothes and feel confident. For most women, best postpartum pads are the ones that make them feel safe while they hardly notice them.
Why We Like It?
- Firm absorbent of up to 10x its weight, still staying light
- A delicate scent
- Great feel thanks to FlexFoam which transforms the liquid into gel
Best For Maximum Protection: Poise Incontinence Pads Review
During the normal periods, we all like to feel safe and comfortable when wearing after birth pads, We need even stronger confidence in products we are using for the postpartum periods because postpartum bleeding is usually heavier and, thus, requires more attention from new moms.
With this being said, the best sanitary pads for heavy bleeding are created by Poise Incontinence Pads. Originally designed for urinary incontinence, these pads have the perfect coverage and a surface created in such a way that they don’t allow leaks going on both sides for maximum protection.
Why We Like It?
- Designed to absorb heavy bleeding
- Up to 12 hours of protection guaranteed
- One box comes with 90 items to use
Best Night Time Protection: Always Maxi Overnight Pads Review
One of the women’s biggest fears come from the fact that very few products have strong protection during the night as well. Besides having to be firm and sticky, these best pads for after baby are also the best for heavy flows. They are able to absorb a large quantity of liquid and offer protection during the whole night. Lasting longer than the day-time Always with up to 10 hours, these pads have a 2x larger back for extra protection when you are sleeping.
Why We Like It?
- Protection at night
- Good for night and day protection during the postpartum period
- Bigger and deeper channels build on the surface to absorb more liquid quickly
- They come in different sizes, from XS to XL, depending on your normal overnight flow and size
Perfect For Postpartum Moms - Honey Pot Postpartum Feminine Pads Review
Do you need reliable and comfortable postpartum pads? Direct your attention to these ones! They are made to handle heavy bleedings. Honey Pot Postpartum company claims to use only organic materials that do not irritate the skin or cause skin disease. Their products do not contain chlorine and are pesticide-free, which makes them the best pads for postpartum bleeding.
- Approved by gynecologists and specialists
- Great for sensitive skin
- Was created by configuring the best sanitary pads for heavy bleeding
- Contains infused lavender and mint
- Women reported that in contact with a particular type of skin, it might cause irritation.
Long-term Use: Simfamily Sanitary Cloth Pads for Heavy Flow Review
After giving birth, if you have chosen to breastfeed, your menstruation will probably stop for several months. So, you won't need postpartum pads. However, best pumping bra will be a must-have for you! In the case you are not going to breastfeed, you need to be prepared with having an option to help you deal with postpartum bleeding.
The reusable sanitary cloth pads might turn out to be the best pads for an after-labor period. You can easily wash and re-use them several times, so they are budget-friendly However, these are not the only advantages of using them for heavy flow postpartum. Watch the pros below!
- Easily washable
- There is charcoal to prevent bad smell from spreading out
- These pads are made of soft cotton, which makes them the best pads for after baby
- The inside padding might move a bit and also create wrinkles, which don’t allow the liquid to be absorbed that well after several uses.
Skin-friendly: COSYOUNG Reusable Overnight Bamboo Cloth Pads Review
It is absolutely natural that when choosing your best postpartum pads, you also think about your underwear. Whether you are going for best postpartum underwear or a regular one, you can always use cloth pads as extra protection.
Using these Charcoal Bamboo Cloth napkins will not only be a budget-friendly alternative to buying disposable products, but you will also a highly delicate and protective option for your skin. You won't regret if you buy them!
- Antibacterial to protect your skin from irritation
- Microfiber and deep channels to help liquid sink in quick
- The wings have different snaps along the pad to help fix it better
- They might create a bulge that looks quite unaesthetic.
Chlorine-Free: Seventh Generation Overnight Maxi Pads Review
Some women might choose to use incontinence products over postpartum sanitary napkins because they think that they retain fluids better. However, it is worth taking into account that the way lochia behaves is not the same as other fluids, due to its nature and density. It is high time that you first start looking into the best pads after giving birth as there are many alternatives available on the market. Some of the options are also the Seventh Generation ones, which are purely organic and green. Plus, you'll be satisfied with its price-quality ratio!
- Good price for the quantity
- Perfect size, as they can work overnight as well
- Great absorbent; soft and delicate to your skin
- They are meant to absorb high volumes, so it might feel too thick and bulky at times.
100% Biodegradable: Organyc Cotton Feminine Pads Review
Same as with Seventh Generation, these items are made entirely of organic cotton, which is biodegradable and contains no chlorine. During these times, where we all need to contribute to maintaining the environment clean and safe, it is an extra advantage to have environment-friendly pads. Moreover, the fact that they are made of the organic fabric also reflects the product being extremely absorbent and delicate with the skin.
- Can be used when having delicate skin
- Healthier and environment-friendly due to biodegradable cotton
- Approved by MADE SAFE – one feature which is common to the best witch hazel for postpartum
- They are short, thin, and quite light, so these postpartum pads cannot work well as overnight ones.
Innovative Design: Dutchess Reusable Panty Liner Review
While most women will agree that cloth pads are not just as convenient as disposable ones, if you’re also taking into consideration the environment, you’ll feel way better about yourself. The model proposed by Dutchess comes with a double charcoal bamboo layer that will not only provide excellent absorption for overflow but will also be gentle on your skin. Fixing them in place is very easy thanks to the snap putting cloth wings together. The dark color makes them easy to clean as well, and a lack of adhesive means no rashes.
- Great odor-resistant qualities
- Budget-efficient and environmentally-friendly
- Soft and delicate feeling on the skin
- Some women claim that the fibers are not that breathable so they might feel a bit hot. However, breathable materials often mean leaks.
You may be wondering why they got the last position in our list. Well, it’s simply because the high-quality cotton is not that cheap, and when you also add biodegradable materials, it doesn’t get any better.
However, performance-wise, these are excellent as you won’t have to worry about accidents while your skin breathes easily to avoid any rashes. You can get the Rael pads products in regular, large or overnight sizes, perfect for any occasion.
- Absolutely non-irritating
- Individually wrapped
- Highly breathable cotton
- Friendly with the environment
- Quite expensive, however, still affordable compared to other organic maternity pads out there like the Witch Hazel postpartum pads.
Buyer’s Guide: All You Need to Know About After Birth Pads
What Should I Look for in Best Pads for Post Delivery?
ComfortFirst, you must take into consideration your comfort and health. These are the most impactful features you should look for when shopping for post-pregnancy pads. You will, most likely, move a lot while wearing them, so comfort comes first.
SizeSizing is also an important feature you should take into account. The size has great impact on absorption. While a small model will feel a lot more comfortable during the day, you risk not getting enough intake from it, and that could lead to accidental leaks.
AbsorptionObviously, you want it to absorb blood, and the better the level of absorption is, the fewer chances of irritation are. Depending on how much intake each model can handle, you can also plan on how many times you need to change them.
Disposable vs ReusableIt really depends on your budget and how environmentally-involved you are. While reusable maternity pads do not sound like a very hygienic approach, they deliver good results and will save you a lot of money in the long run. On the other hand, disposable models have a lower price per pack. However, if you count how many packs you use, you will change that calculation. So, only you can decide which is better.
Scented or Neutral
Cloth or Disposable
Postpartum cloth pads, especially the ones that are organic, are excellent. Rarely will one suffer from sensitivity issues as they are suitable for the skin down there. Disposable postpartum pads tend to cause a lot of itching and are not environmentally friendly. Though you have to thoroughly wash the cloth pads after use to enjoy its advantages.
Look for postpartum cloth pads made from organic material as opposed to inorganic. Organic cotton and other woven material tend to have excellent absorption without the side effects of inorganic pads that tend to cause itching over time.
Whether you are using disposable or reusable pad wings are necessary. The wings help hold the pad to the panty. Plus, it also helps prevent leaks.
How to Launder Cloth Pads
Washing cloth pads is as simple as doing laundry with one exception. Avoid using fabric softener as it reduces the cloth pads’ absorption capacity. The lightly soaked pads are washable with other laundry. Heavily soaked ones will require pre-rinsing in cold water to remove the stain, after which it is washed with the rest of the clothes. Follow pad wash instructions and use a mild detergent.
Types of Postpartum Items
RegularRegular products will most likely feel a lot more comfortable. However, they won’t deliver the same results as postpartum pads. While you will enjoy more comfort and liberty, you’ll need to change them more often, plus there is a risk of some accidents along the way.
Postpartum ClothSince you’re looking for postpartum pads, it would be wise to use a product designed for your needs. Special postpartum pads offer the best level of protection in those vital days and also have active ingredients that deal with any rashes or irritations.
Tips for Postpartum Bleeding and RecoveryEven the best postpartum pads won’t do all the job by themselves. You will need all the helpful tips you can get to make sure your postpartum recovery goes excellently. Here are some of the most useful ones:
- Perineum healing
- Easing aches
- Change pads regullary:2-4 times per day
- Keep a regular diet
- Use ice packs
- Remain active.
- Try do not use tampons, menstrual cups, or take bath. They will hurt you vagine more.