Top 10 Best Outdoor Toys for 1 Year Old: Comparison Table
Best Overall: Little Tikes 2-in-1 Snug 'n Secure Grow With Me Swing Review
- Easy-in hinged T-bar
- Stay-put shoulder straps hold baby securely in place
- As the child grows and doesn't require the T-bar or straps, they store conveniently out of the way
- This outdoor baby swing is the perfect addition to any swing set. This product does not come with anchors
- Made in the USA. Maximum fall height protection up to 7 feet required
Great for Building Coordination: Little Tikes Go and Grow Lil' Rollin' Giraffe Ride-on Review
- Friendly giraffe ride-on and scoot toy with adjustable seat
- The over-sized back wheel provides added stability and includes a wheel guard for safety
- This toddler riding toy can be used indoors or outdoors
- Builds coordination, balance and large motor skills
- Customizable "spot" decals included
Quick Set Up and Folding: UTEX 3 in 1 Pop Up Play Tent with Tunnel & Ball Pit Review
- BUILT TO LAST Made of highly colorful and high grade 190T polyester taffeta, highly resistant to wear and tear. UTEX ball pit tent Fully compliant with all USA Safety standards
- SUPER VALUE The adventure play tent and tunnel set includes one square tent house， one teepee house and a long tunnel , The tents and tunnel can be used together or as separate items, Creating Ball Pit Playground, Racing Tunnels, Mazes or Magic Caves.
- HOURS OF FUNThe play tent and ball pit set features mesh 'windows' provide ventilation and peek-a-boo opportunities, two small holes on the square tent and long tunnel to provide lots of play opportunities. kids will occupy themselves to play a lot of games. Also great tent for dogs, cats, and pets as well.
- TOOL FREE ASSEMBLY Set up in seconds and folded quickly when it is not in use. Lightweight With the carry bag, Great for Children Parties, Backyard Playing, Kids Playroom, Kids Playgrounds, Kids Day Care.
- GREAT GIFT FOR BOYS AND GIRLSExcellent for toddlers 6 months and up, great gift idea for birthdays, Christmas, or just as a surprise. The colorful design will surely be loved by kids . Great for Encourages physical play and stimulates the imaginations.
Interactive Features: Little Tikes Activity Garden Playset for Babies Review
- EVERYTHING IS BLOOMING - Multi-functional activity and play center designed to stimulate and expand your child’s curiosity and imagination through a variety of activities, sounds, and games
- TWO WAYS TO PLAY. Easily converts from a closed play center to an open, two-sided play center without tools
- ON-THE-GO PLAY - Take-along play panel features a bead tumbler, spinner with mirror, spinning "gears," and a large button that plays songs when pressed
- INTERACTIVE FEATURES - Window shutters open and close to play a game of peek-a-boo with your child. For more fun games, use the window planter for ball drop play. The mailbox allows children to pretend to receive ‘mail’ as well as learn shapes and colors
- TAP-A-TUNE PIANO - Colored chimes and buttons produce a range of tones making any tune possible and letting your child experiment musically
Well-made and Stylish: BABY JOY Baby Balance Bike Review
- Develop Balance Ability: As the best choice for your baby's birthday gift, it not only can exercise your baby's balance ability, promote the development of the leg muscles, but also exercise your baby's limb coordination. It is easy for a baby to learn how to ride, and gradually gain confidence and independence.
- Firm and Stable Structure: Balance bicycle uses high quality steel as the frame, which is durable and not easy to deform. The four-wheel structure and widened rear wheels make the overall structure more stable. The pedal-free design enhances balance and ensures your baby rides smoothly.
- Safe and Considerate Design: Soft handles and ergonomic seat give your baby a better riding experience. Shock-absorbing and non-slip EVA wheels with low noise are suitable for indoor and outdoor roads to protect your floor. And the 135°safe steering limit can avert accidental falls caused by rapid steering.
- High-Quality and Reliable Materials: Our balance bike is ASTM certified and has a burr-free and smooth surface for safer use. You can use it as the first birthday present for boys and girls, which is a perfect toy for babies 9 to 24 months old. It will make your baby fall in love with riding.
- Easy to Assemble and Carry: Because of the modular design, you can install it successfully in a short time according to the instructions. It's lightweight and compact, not only easy to carry, but also does not take up too much space when stored. If the bike gets dirty accidentally, you can clean it easily with a damp cloth.
Builds Confidence: Galt Nursery Trampoline Review
- Ideal first trampoline for toddlers with it's fun tortoise design, kids will love bouncing on this cute toddler trampoline
- Padded cover, Easy grip handle and non slip rubber feet ensures safe, stable and comfortable bouncing fun.
- Helps develop balance, coordination and confidence. Plus a fun way to improve your child's health & Fitness.
- Sturdy and durable frame Capable of sustaining bouncing up to a maximum weight Capacity of 44 pounds (20 kg). two person assembly required
- Suitable from age 12 months.
Meets ASTM Safety Standards: Sportspower My First Toddler Swing Review
- TODDLER FUN: Swing set is great for both indoor and outdoor play for infants 9-36 months old
- HEAVY DUTY: Constructed of lightweight yet sturdy powder-coated steel construction for durability
- PORTABLE: Swing Set folds down for easy storage and transport so your little one can swing anywhere!
- SAFETY FIRST: Meets or exceeds ASTM safety standards and includes safety harness on single nursery seat to enhance security
- DIMENSIONS: Ideal for large rooms or any size yard; measures 55"L x 55"W x 47"H; Supports up to 55 lbs. total
Top for Summer: Neteast Outdoor Sprinkler Mat Review
- [Funny Outdoor Sprinkler Toys for Boys and Girls] The lovely marine theme is definitely a big hit for summer. Ideal water toys for outdoor parties, backyard, beach and lawn. Perfect outside splash toys for 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 year old boys and girls.
- [Outdoor Kids Splash Pad Pool Toys] The width of the splash pad outer ring is increased so that it holds more tap water to form a pool for children. Baby toddlers can lie in the pool to learn and play!
- [68-inch large Sprinkler Pad] Family-sized sprinklers allow more kids, boys and girls to play together. Children and family can promote communication and enhance relationships. Best gifts for kids.
- [Easy to Use and Carry] Sprinkler kids toys can be connected to any garden hose, just adjust the water pressure to lower or higher than the spray height. Flexible filling and draining. Easy to store without occupying space.
- [Quality Service] Our sprinkler play mat made of high quality material, BPA-free. Warm Tips: If you have any problems with the sprinkler pad or if you are not satisfied with the splash pad, please contact us. We will provide you with great customer service.
Easy Assemble: Little Tikes Hide & Seek Climber and Swing Review
- GET READY FOR FUN - The Little Tikes Hide & Seek Climber & Swing offers multiple play options; a slide, a swing, a rock wall and a platform so kids have plenty to keep them active and engaged
- INDOOR/OUTDOOR ACTIVITY - This fun toddler's climber encourages role playing and imagination and is great for use indoors or outdoors
- PLAY SAFE - The toy climber features a swing equipped with a three-point safety belt and an easy climbing rock wall for beginners
- EASY ASSEMBLY - Can be assembled in minutes. No tools required
- PRODUCT DIMENSIONS - 53.5''L x 52''W x 41''H Weight: 34 lbs. Slide height from ground to top of slide is 19.75'' Platform height from ground to top of platform 18" Climbing wall 12.50" Ground to swing seat: 8
Great for Beach: SwimSchool Splash Play Mat Review
- Baby splash mat with removable canopy (UPF50 sunshade) allows you to introduce your little one to water easily! Take it to the beach, back yard or to grandmas for a day of fun.
- Built-in backrest seat for maximum stability with this extra-wide designed mat.
- Three stackable toys: build your child`s dexterity with our stackable play rings.
- Inflated size: 28” (71 cm) length/diameter
- Whimsical multi-colored sea creatures printed design
Why Do Children Need To Play Outside?
- Children who play outside are less vulnerable to obesity.
- Outside play toys for toddlers contribute immensely to children’s cognitive development, as well as physical and emotional well-being.
- Playing outside helps children to socialize. The kids learn how to interact with people while making friends.
- Children who spend more time outside are most likely to appreciate and protect the environment.
- The outside light helps in strengthening the immune system.
What are the Benefits of Having Outdoor Toys?There are several pros of the best outdoor toys for toddlers. Including:
- Physical activity: Outdoor toys help in the physical development of children. The toys significantly improve motor skills of 1 year old kids, which is essential for physical development.
- Imagination: Toddler outdoor toys play a critical role in brain development. The toys help in keeping the brain active, thus, improving creativity and imagination.
- Sensory experiences and motor skills: Outside toys for 1 year old kids significantly contribute to sensory experiences and motor skills development. They improve the coordination of both the small and large muscles of the arms and legs. The outside toys also help enhance the child’s ability to see, hear, touch, smell, and taste.
- Fun: Children enjoy playing outside. They find joy and pleasure, especially when playing with the appropriate outside toys. This helps the kids to bond and improve their social skills.
Choosing The Best Outdoor Toys for 1 Year Old: Important Considerations
Appropriate Age Range and UsabilityBefore choosing outdoor toys for your children, it’s appropriate to consider your kid’s age range. This helps to guarantee your child’s safety and ensure that the toys pique the interest.
DurabilityDurable outdoor toys for toddlers last longer. Always check the quality of materials used to make the toys and ensure they are top-notch. While this will help you save money, your child is guaranteed a more extended period of enjoyment.
SafetySafety is the most crucial factor to consider when choosing outdoor toys for toddlers. Avoid toys with parts that may harm your child; remove the hazardous accessories before the kid uses the toy. Examine if there is any toxic chemical in toys. And finally, ensure the materials used are of high quality and non-toxic.
What Toys to Look For?
- With vibrant colors: From a lot of outdoor toys for 1 year old reviews, we found out that bright colors attract children way more than dull ones. Always look for toys with vibrant palettes.
- Promoting coordination: Children at the age of 1 are at the stage of motor development. This stage is perfect for toys that encourage the coordination of bones and muscles. As such, puzzles, shape sorters, and stacking are the best outdoor toys for 18 months old and above.
- Improving balance and mobility: At the age of 1, your child is still practicing to walk. Their bones and muscles are not strong. So to improve balance and mobility, consider toys that support push and pull.
- Allowing sharing: It’s crucial to introduce toys that promote social development. Consider toys that encourage sharing. It helps to develop the kids’ social skills.
Common Types of Outdoor Toys for 1 Year Old
Gardening and Beach Toys
Swing Sets and Playhouses
Tips To Choose a Good Toy for Your 1 Year Old
- Look for toys that will spark your kid’s growth. Consider toys that will trigger your child’s social, motion, and visional growth. Toys like cars, stuffed animals, and dollhouses are perfect examples.
- Look for toys that will trigger your child’s imagination and creativity skills. Toys like blocks, trains, trucks, stuffed dolls, and action figures are great for the job.
- Choose toys that encourage problem-solving. So puzzles, blocks, crayons, and shape sorters will work really well with mental development.
- Look for open-ended toys. These are toys that your child can use to play different games. Interlocking blocks, blocks, and nesting blocks are amazing options.
- 1 Top 10 Best Outdoor Toys for 1 Year Old: Comparison Table
- 1.1 Best Overall: Little Tikes 2-in-1 Snug 'n Secure Grow With Me Swing Review
- 1.2 Great for Building Coordination: Little Tikes Go and Grow Lil' Rollin' Giraffe Ride-on Review
- 1.3 Quick Set Up and Folding: UTEX 3 in 1 Pop Up Play Tent with Tunnel & Ball Pit Review
- 1.4 Interactive Features: Little Tikes Activity Garden Playset for Babies Review
- 1.5 Well-made and Stylish: BABY JOY Baby Balance Bike Review
- 1.6 Builds Confidence: Galt Nursery Trampoline Review
- 1.7 Meets ASTM Safety Standards: Sportspower My First Toddler Swing Review
- 1.8 Top for Summer: Neteast Outdoor Sprinkler Mat Review
- 1.9 Easy Assemble: Little Tikes Hide & Seek Climber and Swing Review
- 1.10 Great for Beach: SwimSchool Splash Play Mat Review
- 2 Why Do Children Need To Play Outside?
- 3 Choosing The Best Outdoor Toys for 1 Year Old: Important Considerations
- 4 What Toys to Look For?
- 5 Common Types of Outdoor Toys for 1 Year Old
- 6 Tips To Choose a Good Toy for Your 1 Year Old
- 7 Conclusion