Best Nursing Covers – Top 10
Top Choice - PPOGOO Nursing Cover Review
As you would imagine the title of the best nursing cover, a product has to provide a lot more functionality than just covering yourself and baby during breastfeeding. And, just as this model from PPOGOO proves, it includes so many functionalities that make you buy one even if you have no child. It’s made of the highest quality cotton, nursing cover can double as a baby seat canvas, a poncho, cart material, and even a high chair surface. When used as a baby seat cover, it keeps all dust and germs away while allowing proper air circulation.
Why We Like It?
- Top-quality cotton fabric.
- Breathable but efficient at keeping germs away.
- You can use it as 5 different things.
Cheap Option - Wearable Infinity Nursing Scarf by Tykes & Tails Review
This model may be the best nursing scarf on the market. Why is that, you ask? Well, because it’s made of high-quality materials and you can use it as a unisex scarf for both, mommy and daddy. A scarf turns into a nursing canvas in seconds, and you won’t need to worry about any straps or buttons. That’s excellent as a gift, and with being able to choose between single or double-sided, you can adjust it for all seasons.
Why We Like It?
- Doubles as a stylish scarf.
- Great for all types of weather.
- Perfect gift for mothers.
Generous Size - Oxgord 2-in-1 Chevron Nursing Blanket Review
Continuing our journey through some of the best nursing covers for breastfeeding, we reached one that has the most generous size. This product is developed by the same company, that gives us the best pumping bras. Just like all previous models, it can double as a car seat or a scarf and provides excellent coverage for baby to only focus on eating, and not getting distracted by events going on around him. While it provides the needed privacy for moms to easily breastfeed in public, the cover is also breathable enough to ensure optimal comfort even on hotter days.
Why We Like It?
- Big size cover suited for larger car seats.
- Offers 360-degrees protection for careless breastfeeding.
- Easy to use straps to keep it around you when using it as a nursing cover.
Best Design - Hicoco Multi-Use Nursing Cover Review
The Hicoco multi-use nursing cover got the fourth position among our nursing cover reviews. That doesn’t mean it’s less useful and qualitative than one in the first place. However, the manufacturer might have sacrificed a bit of quality for looks. That is a very stylish all-in-one cover that you can use as a stroller, baby seat and nursing cover, that can serve as a perfect gift for a baby shower. The material is thick enough to keep dust and germs away and keeps baby cool during hot days.
- The nice design looks great as a baby seat cover.
- Unisex – great for boys and girls.
- It can be used by mommies and daddies alike.
- The materials used aren’t as qualitative as in other models, however, the price tag is also proportional to that change.
Lightweight Product - KeaBabies Breastfeeding Cover & Nursing Scarf Review
Sure, none of the best nursing covers reviewed so far can be considered heavyweight. However, when you’re carrying diapers, wet wipes, the baby bottle, and twenty different accessories in your bag, those extra grams tend to matter. Made with very light materials, the Kiddo care scarf is also large enough to provide optimal coverage and privacy for breastfeeding moms.
- You won’t feel it in your bag.
- The silky texture makes it fall easily around the baby for 360 covers.
- The nice pattern can double as a stylish accessory.
- It doesn’t have any straps or buttons to fix it in place while breastfeeding, you need to be careful with it not to fall in the process.
Breathable Material - Nursing Cover Breastfeeding Scarf Review
A nursing cover that can double as a breastfeeding shawl or a baby seat cover, and is made from light, extremely breathable materials. There are no major differences between this cover and the previous one, besides the fabric quality of allowing air to pass easily. Perfect for those summer days when you’re taking the baby out for a stroll, this cover will keep all the dust, allergens and germs out while allowing great air circulation and complete privacy.
- Even when you wrap it around you, there’s plenty of air coming through to ensure maximum comfort for infants.
- A strong material, resistant to stretching.
- It can double as a shawl and a baby seat cover.
- Some users reported that fabric tends to deteriorate after several washes. However, it could also be a case of not following washing instructions.
Keeping Things Clean - Kids N' Such Nursing Cover with Sewn-in Burp Cloth Review
If for you the best nursing cover is one that you can use to clean up afterward, this may be a perfect solution! This patented XL cover provided by Kids N’ Such, is excellent for moms that have trouble breastfeeding outside. It offers complete protection and added burp cloth is excellent for cleaning up and resuming your nice walk in nature or mom-daughter shopping session.
- Covers up your entire body for complete privacy.
- You won’t need to carry an extra cloth.
- High-quality materials, easy to wash.
- This price can be considered a downside for this otherwise perfect nursing cover. Even though it’s more expensive than others, extra features and quality make up for that.
Poncho Style - Baby Nursing Cover by Fair-e-trade Review
Closing to an end of our best nursing covers review list, we have first complete poncho style. This makes mummy’s body a sort of tent for an infant that can eat without a care in the world, even in the busiest streets. You can easily check on your baby through specially-designed gaps, and your hands are all-time inside poncho for easy maneuverability.
- Complete poncho style.
- Stain-resistant material in front.
- Folds easily in its small bag.
- While it provides excellent cover for mommies when it’s lunchtime for little one, this poncho style product may feel a bit too hot at times.
Silk Nursing Cover - Kefee Kol Poncho Review
If we’ve presented some of the best nursing covers made of cotton or other materials, it’s time for all those classy mommies to step up and check out this silk model. Made by Kefee Kol, the same company that is responsible for some of the best nursery glider models. It is long enough to protect your midsection when breastfeeding, and you can easily fold it after use. While the silky touch of the material is very comfortable for both the mommy and the baby, the material is also breathable enough to ensure comfort.
- Excellent feel due to high-quality silk.
- Breathable and comfortable.
- Big enough to go over the entire midsection.
- The white sections of the product are quite see-through, so you should also consider that if you’re all about privacy.
Top Adjustability - QUNQI STAR Breast Feeding Cover Review
Last but not least, Qunqi Star breastfeeding cover has a Nordic feel to it. These symbols on canvas remind us of runes, and materials are of high quality as well. The two adjustable straps make it extremely easy to place it in the desired position and make sure it’s the best fit as your baby grows. To clean it, you can just put it in washing machine without fearing it will deteriorate in time. Besides being durable and perfectly adjustable, it is also light enough no to feel it in your mommy bag and can make a top choice.
- Easily to adjust thanks to the two straps.
- Great design.
- Washing machine friendly.
- Lightweight and durable.
- Plus size mommies reported that this product isn’t ideal, however, you can check different sizes on the website before buying.
Buyer’s Guide: All You Need to Know About the Best Nursing Cover
What Is a Nursing Cover?
No matter if you’re thinking about the best nursing poncho, apron style or infinity scarf, a nursing canvas is an accessory that allows you to breastfeed while in public easily. It should provide sufficient protection for you and a baby while allowing air to pass through as well.
Types of Nursing Covers
As you’ve noticed in review, there are various types of nursing canvases you can choose from. We’re not including best nursing tanks in this discussion. Here are main identified types.
Quite common when talking about best breastfeeding cover type, apron-style comes with rectangle shape fabric covering chest and straps around your neck and body. It is very easy to put on, however, it can’t serve as baby seat canvases or anything else.
For some mommies, best breastfeeding cover is one that doubles as an infinity scarf. Excellent as an ordinary accessory, this scarf you can wear even when you’re not with your infant, and it provides perfect shade when needed. Even more than that, you can put it on the stroller as well during park walks.
We’ve presented some of the best nursing poncho examples in reviews above. It’s all about mommy’s preferences if a poncho canvas is better than a scarf or apron. These are certainly excellent in terms of coverage and breathability.
What Should I Look for In A Breastfeeding Cover?
One of the first things to check when buying the best nursing cover is the material used. You can opt for cotton, silk, or other mixes of materials that provide the best balance between privacy, air circulation, and comfort for both you and baby.
Since you’re investing, it won’t hurt for it to have other uses as well. A great example comes from ones that double as scarfs or baby seat surfaces. These multi-functional covers can have up to 10 users, so choose wisely.
This is a case when size matters. Especially if you’re shopping for the best nursing cover for large breasts or the best nursing cover for twins. In these situations, you need a lot of extra room, and even though you may think you found a perfect match, not getting proper size will ruin your experience.
How Do I Cover While Breastfeeding?
For best results and to make sure you can breastfeed properly in public, you need good privacy. That is obtained only by getting a big enough nursing pad, no matter which style you prefer. Many moms seem to consider a poncho-style to provide the best results. However, if that would be a scarf, you just have to untie it and put one side over your neck while others gently protect the baby. Each product comes with several styles for all mothers out there.
Is It Illegal to Ask A Breastfeeding Mother to Cover Up?
Yes, in many countries, asking a mother to cover up while breastfeeding is against the law. Women have every right to breastfeed in public, however, not all of them are comfortable to do so.
How Do You Wear a Nursing Scarf?
As detailed in the previous nursing scarf reviews, like you would wear any other scarf. Some of the best-rated nursing coats double as scarfs, and you can’t tell difference if you don’t own one as well. The models are so stylish that you can easily use it as a day-to-day accessory if you feel like it.
How Do You Switch Sides when Breastfeeding?
No matter which type of nursing canvas you go for, switching sides is fairly easy because all of them provide enough protection for this maneuver. However, the best nursing poncho is probably more suited for easily switching sides since your hands are underneath it at all times.
Our Recommendation for 2020
With all info provided in a comparison table, reviews and buying guide, combined with Frequently Asked Questions, we feel there’s no need for a recommendation because you already know exactly what is the best nursing cover 2020 can offer. However, if you can’t decide between multiple models that fit your requirements perfectly, Top-Mom top choice remains a PPOGOO Nursing Cover. High-Quality materials, combined with multiple ways of use and an overall excellent rating from thousands of mothers around the world, make it one of the best possible choices you could make when shopping for the best nursing covers.
- 1 Best Nursing Covers – Top 10
- 1.1 Top Choice - PPOGOO Nursing Cover Review
- 1.2 Cheap Option - Wearable Infinity Nursing Scarf by Tykes & Tails Review
- 1.3 Generous Size - Oxgord 2-in-1 Chevron Nursing Blanket Review
- 1.4 Best Design - Hicoco Multi-Use Nursing Cover Review
- 1.5 Lightweight Product - KeaBabies Breastfeeding Cover & Nursing Scarf Review
- 1.6 Breathable Material - Nursing Cover Breastfeeding Scarf Review
- 1.7 Keeping Things Clean - Kids N' Such Nursing Cover with Sewn-in Burp Cloth Review
- 1.8 Poncho Style - Baby Nursing Cover by Fair-e-trade Review
- 1.9 Silk Nursing Cover - Kefee Kol Poncho Review
- 1.10 Top Adjustability - QUNQI STAR Breast Feeding Cover Review
- 2 Buyer’s Guide: All You Need to Know About the Best Nursing Cover
- 3 FAQ
- 4 Our Recommendation for 2020