TOP 10 Best Tracking Devices for Kids Compared and Reviewed
This is the best GPS tracker for kids 2020 on our list. It will allow you to track your kid easily with pinpoint accuracy.
In fact, this product has many more advantages, so you should really consider it.
Why We Like It
- The SIM card operates worldwide;
- The device is 30 percent of the size and weight;
- Affordable monthly fee;
- One-month battery life;
- Five seconds update rate.
This tracker happens to be a cost-effective kids GPS tracker watch. It obtains a lot of features, but the price is quite affordable. Using it, you will be able to make two-way phone calls.
Generally, the smartwatch is a great combination of price and quality.
Why We Like It
- The device has a nice design. Your kid will love it;
- It obtains extra features such as camera, photo album, etc.;
- The smartwatch is waterproof;
- The SOS button which is to be pressed for three seconds only.
This GPS tracker for kids is extremely user-friendly. Thus, if you have no experience with using such devices – the tracker is what you need.
The tracker is also great as there are location change alerts, so you can always know where your child is.
Why We Like It
- Unlimited range;
- The device is silent, small and lightweight;
- The updates occur every ten seconds;
- SIM card is included and requires around 25 dollars per month.
The tracker makes use of cellular technology and GPS to track your child with extreme precision. The device is waterproof and magnetic.
The product is in this best GPS tracker for kids review because it obtains great features and the drawback is insignificant.
- The tracker is created to withstand extreme conditions;
- The design is ultra-compact;
- It obtains a rechargeable battery which may last one-two weeks;
- The device has an extremely easy to use the system.
- It happens that the tracker does not update until it is moved a good distance.
The child GPS tracker is rather compact, so your kid is not going to find it hard to carry it. With its help, you can easily track your little one real-time easily.
- The data is updated every five or fifteen seconds;
- It has an app which can be used via Android, iPhone or PC;
- The tracker allows to custom geo-fencing zones;
- The battery can last up to two weeks.
- The device can be used in the USA, Canada, and Mexico only.
This GPS tracker for kids happens to be the most advanced smartwatch phone which combines voice calling, video calling, and Wi-Fi calling.
The device is great and has many good features, but you should mind the drawback.
- The device is water-resistant;
- The design of the watch is not only attractive, but it is durable as well;
- It can be used in many countries worldwide;
- The wrist band is replaceable.
- Even when fully charged, the battery lasts a few hours only.
This device is in the best child GPS tracker list because it is extremely easy for kids to use. There is only one button to talk to you. There is also a voice assistant that will help your child to choose contacts.
The device is really convenient for both kids and parents.
- The battery lasts one to two days;
- It is easy to carry;
- It allows sending SOS emergency alerts;
- Using it you can set geofencing boundaries.
- The GPS tracker provides a basic map which is not satellite;
- The device can be used in the USA only.
This GPS tracker is extremely versatile and durable. It is also advanced enough, so you can figure out the exact location of your child.
Despite the fact that the fees are high, the device allows you to see where your child is, so it is worth considering.
- The device operates with multiple devices;
- The battery lasts up to two and a half weeks;
- The tracking range is unlimited;
- Location alerts and boundaries functionality.
- Very high monthly fees
This is not a silicone GPS kid tracker, but it is convenient enough due to its small size. The design allows you to clip it onto shoes or clothing.
As it is safe to be used by young children, so is great to be one of the best.
- Real-time tracking at any distance;
- Instant notifications as soon as the location changes;
- The app is free and is available for iOS and Android;
- The device allows you to know who kids are with.
- You cannot refresh the device, so the accuracy can be off.
The device is versatile and can be put on any item your child carries. The child tracker is light and easy to use.
If you need a tracker to use indoors – this one is perfect due to the cost.
- Requires a replaceable battery that can last for a year;
- It is one of the cheapest devices;
- You can ring to find the location of your kid;
- The app is compatible with many devices and sends updates.
- The range is 200 ft. only.
Types of GPS Trackers for Kids
There are multiple types of the best kids tracker watch GPS devices that help track your child. However, not all of them are useful when it comes to staying on your child. Kids have this tendency to move and fiddle with anything you give them, and this includes a tracking device. Here is a rundown of when you should use Kid-friendly trackers, and when you should use regular trackers.
The Best GPS Tracker for Kids: Kid-Friendly Trackers
Kid-friendly trackers are made to be compact in size and fit into backpacks, pockets, and on wrists. Many offer features that help parents feel in control. Geofencing, safe zones, and SOS buttons are some of the features you’ll find on kid trackers. Regular tracking devices won’t have these features. They are also made to withstand harsh treatment, which can be useful because kids aren’t exactly known for keeping anything in good condition.
The Best GPS Tracker for Kids: Regular Trackers
Regular trackers often lack other features and will allow you to see only the general location of the person. They don’t offer you much customization, and you won’t be able to set safe zones. However, some trackers do feature emergency alert buttons and deliver pinpoint accuracy. However, many of these trackers also need a data plan, thus making them a bit more expensive.
Child Tracking Device Buying Guide - What to Look At?
There are many considerations when it comes to choosing a safe GPS tracker for your child, especially when you are looking for the best tracking device for kids. Different models of GPS devices include various features, so narrowing it down is essential. Some units have standard features, however here are the main buying considerations you should think of before you go out and purchase one. Here’s a list of elements you should keep in mind when selecting the best GPS tracker watch for kids.
Comfort should be one of the biggest factors when it comes to keeping it with your child. Every tracker needs to be comfortable so that the child isn’t tempted to remove it at any time. Having trackers on their backpack, belt buckle, shoe, or wrist is the best option. Try and look for models with adjustable settings for maximum comfort, as your children will be growing.
The next aspect to look for in the best child GPS tracker is durability. These GPS trackers are usually designed to withstand some harsh treatment, however not every model is designed this way (e.g. a kids smart GPS watch will not be as durable). Be sure to keep an eye out to what type of material the tracker is made out of, as some models are easier to break than others. Children geared trackers often are aware of this issue and make an effort to make sure that these waterproof kids’ GPS watch is crack-proof and durable. Just be sure to choose a wearable GPS tracking device.
Another critical factor is to consider in the best child trackers is the range of the device. The usability of a GPS device will depend on the maximum range it can function at. Some trackers can only track a few miles, and others can track a whole city. It depends on the model and company.
Consider how far your child is going to be traveling away from you. This includes schools, lessons, sports events, and friends’ houses. Considering these factors can help you get a device that is perfect for your needs.
Geofences are one of the most useful tools when it comes to GPS tracking devices for kids. If your kid is old enough to visit friends and ride their bike around the neighborhood, having geofences can help you find them.
Geoforces allow you to set up a “safe zone” using the best GPS for kids, which can then be altered when needed. This will enable you to get alerts any time your child travels outside of this area. It’s useful for field trips, sports events, and when they want to hang out with their neighbors.
Having a panic button can help as your kid will be able to alert you if they find they need your attention. This can come in handy when your kid is lost or scared. The only issue with panic buttons is that younger kids may fiddle around with it and cause your phone to get spammed with notifications. We’d only recommend these units to kids old enough to understand the concept of the button. We would say that the best child tracking devices include these buttons.
Now communication is going to be the most useful and heartwarming feature a parental GPS tracking device can offer you. Your child may be way too young to manage a cell phone; so instead, trackers have installed two way calling systems. You’ll be able to hear your child, and they’ll be able to hear from you.
Communication is excellent for when you need to talk to your kid. They’ll get their own list of pre-approved contacts, and they’ll also be able to call your phone on the off chance they need to talk to you. For sleepovers, events, trips, and waiting after school, these units will be super helpful.
The last feature to keep in mind is the update frequency. All child tracking devices have different update frequencies. Some will update their location every minute, others will be every few seconds, and some are live-tracking. It all depends on the model. Consider what type you’d like to have. Having a toddler may allow you to get a toddler tracking device with a short-range or a baby GPS tracker. The longer the delay, the harder it will be to pinpoint your child’s exact location through the GPS child locator.
Verdict and Our Recommendation for 2020
Although there are many unreliable products on the market these days, you can still find the best GPS tracker for kids, so buy it from reputable companies.
Before you buy one, you should think about what you expect from such a device. This will help you to select the best GPS tracker for kids 2020. Top-Mom’s choiсe is GPS tracker by Tracki. And, if you want to see more reviews on this or any other topic, just visit top-mom.com!
- 1 TOP 10 Best Tracking Devices for Kids Compared and Reviewed
- 2 Types of GPS Trackers for Kids
- 3 Child Tracking Device Buying Guide - What to Look At?
- 4 Verdict and Our Recommendation for 2020