How We Tested
Our team of expert cosmetic testers used the foundation at different times of the day to gauge its effect and impact on choosing the best anti-aging foundation. We also made sure that the products used were safety-compliant, long-lasting, water-proof, fragrance-free, and suitable for sensitive skin.
We looked for approval from approval committees like FDA, EU, Health Canada, Department of Health-Australia, etc.
Once our team seemed satisfied with the results, we compiled this guide to help you choose the best foundation for large pores and wrinkles.
Top 10 Best Foundation for Large Pores and Wrinkles: Comparison Chart
Best Overall: Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Liquid Foundation Review
- Maybelline Fit Me Matte and Poreless foundation are America's Number 1 Foundation for normal-to-oily skin types; now available in a mess free no waste pouch format
- Oil free formula with Mattifying clay, Fit Me Matte and Poreless foundation is a medium coverage foundation that refines pores and has a natural, matte finish that lasts all day
- Now available in an easy to dispense pouch format; optimized spout helps with controlled dispensing so you use only what you need and can squeeze to the last drop
- Maybelline Fit Me Matte and Poreless foundation are dermatologist tested for safety, Allergy tested, non comedogenic and suitable for sensitive skin
- Available in 37 tone matching shades, this matte Foundation makeup feels lightweight on your skin and features micro-powders to control shine and blur pores
Provide a Poreless Finish: Revlon Colorstay Liquid Foundation Review
- OIL FREE FOUNDATION FOR OILY SKIN: Our cult-favorite, lightweight, liquid matte foundation is made to control oil and shine with an oil-free formula
- ALL DAY, LONG LASTING MAKEUP: Our Revlon ColorStay liquid foundation wears for up to 24 hours so no matter what your day brings—that's why we call it "Life-Tested". Plus, it has a broad spectrum SPF 15 sun protection boost
- MEDIUM / BUILDABLE COVERAGE: Blend a small dab for medium coverage and a naturally flawless, smooth look. Build up for full coverage as desired
- 43 SHADES THAT FIT YOUR SKIN TONE: ColorStay liquid foundation offers 43 shades for light, medium olive, deep, and dark skin. Use our shade finder to find the perfect match for your cool, warm, or natural skin tone
- LIVE BOLDLY WITH REVLON MAKEUP: Revlon has the high-quality, high-pigment, bold makeup you need to be yourself. Create any look—day to night, weekday to weekend—with our longwear color eyeshadows, eyeliners, matte or shiny lipsticks, and more
Reduces Wrinkles - Covergirl & Olay Simply Ageless 3-in-1 Liquid Foundation Review
- REDUCES WRINKLES: Anti aging foundation instantly reduces the look of wrinkles for a smoother, more youthful appearance
- IMPROVES TONE: Evens skin tone and blurs the appearance of dark circles and other less than perfect areas
- HYDRATING FORMULA: Contains hyaluronic complex and vitamin C for firmer and healthier looking skin
- FIND YOUR SHADE: Available in multiple shades so you can find the right match for your skin tone
- CRUELTY FREE: Covergirl products are Leaping Bunny Certified by Cruelty Free International, meaning they are never tested on animals
Paraben Free - Catrice HD Liquid Coverage Foundation Review
- Ultra-light, high coverage foundation for a natural looking finish
- Covers imperfections and mattifies the skin creating a smooth and even complexion for up to 24 hours
- Features a unique dropper applicator for clean & easy application
- Use our shade finder to find your perfect match!
- Paraben free, cruelty free & vegan
Creamy Consistency - IMAN Second Powder Foundation Review
- The all-time IMAN fan favorite foundation
- Creates perfect coverage with a creamy application that dries down to a flawless, powdery finish
- Imperfections seem to disappear in an instant as Cream to Powder delivers the perfect, natural-looking medium-to-full coverage
- Pampers the skin with complexion enhancing moisturizers and botanicals like sugar cane, citrus extracts, jojoba, aloe, and Vitamins A & E
Dermatologist-tested - Mary Kay Foundation Primer Review
- 1 fl. oz. SPF 15
- Oil-free formula with SPF 15* is mineral-enriched to absorb oil and diffuse light to help reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and pores.
- Fragrance-free, dermatologist-tested and non-comedogenic.
- Oil-free formula For all skin types, including sensitive skin
Hides Wrinkles & Lines: COVERGIRL Advanced Radiance Liquid Foundation Review
- Contains one, 1 oz. bottle of COVERGIRL Advanced Radiance Age Defying Foundation in Classic Ivory. This liquid foundation is safe for sensitive skin, reducing the appearance of fine lines & wrinkles with a radiant finish. Light to deep shades available
- You know that clean, ageless skin is the foundation of a fabulous look and COVERGIRL foundations, powders, and concealers make it simple. Whatever your look, COVERGIRL makeup will outlast your longest day, keeping your face radiant and natural looking
- Whether you are going for a classic look that's the foundation of your style, trying an advanced technique, looking for a skin treatment or just to treat your skin, COVERGIRL makeup has the professional quality makeup to enhance your natural radiance
- COVERGIRL makeup gives you the makeup you need to be who you are. Fill your makeup bag with COVERGIRL products for eyes, lips, and face. COVERGIRL makeup helps you achieve the perfect brows, lashes, lips and contouring to show off your individual style
- COVERGIRL has your makeup needs covered with a wide range of makeup from mascara, eyeliner, & eyeshadow to lipstick, lip liner & lip gloss to blush, foundation & powder. There's a COVERGIRL product for every style & look. COVERGIRL I am what I make up
Contains Hyaluronic Acid - Monica Ann Beauty Foundation Primer Review
- A Foundation Primer like no other. This primer is great for your skin, pore-minimizing, and anti-aging. The Dual Action Primer hydrates the skin while keeping your makeup on all day long. Say bye bye to pores, fine lines, and wrinkles and enjoy a smooth finish with this primer.
- Contains VITAMIN C to brighten the skin and reduce pores
- Contains HYALURONIC ACID to plump and hydrate; offering a youthful, vibrant glow that improves the appearance of the skin over time. Hyaluronic Acid is known to be one of the best anti-aging ingredients that helps prevent wrinkles.
- Translucent, matte coverage that can be worn on its own or under makeup to blur the skin of pores, redness, and wrinkles.
- NO Parabens, Sulfates, or Phthalates. Cruelty Free and Made in the USA
Non-Comedogenic - Dermablend Full Coverage Cream Foundation Review
- Delivers a flawless complexion^Gives you 12 hours of consistent wear^Delivers all day hydration
All-day Flawless Makeup - TLM Avashine Color Changing Foundation Review
- ALL-DAY FLAWLESS MAKEUP - With this special color changing foundation cream, it instantly adjusts to your skin tone so you can easily get an all-day flawless look. When it first is applied, it comes out white, but then changes color to give you an exact skin match. You can just use this and it will instantly adjust to your skin tone.
- SPF 15 - Our formula comes with SPF 15 30ml component so you can also protect your skin from harmful UVA and UVB rays while showing off your gorgeous make-up look. Because it protects your skin, then you can use it all-day, every day while minimizing sun damage.
- MINIMIZED IRRITATING FORMULA - Avashine Color Changing Foundation Cream is fragrance-free, lightweight formula that to minimize irritation and allows you to wear it for daily use. It prevents caking so that you can have a flawless, silky look without worrying about dryness and irritation.
- INSTANTLY ADJUSTS - This color changing foundation includes small shade-sensing beads that are activated upon application. They give you the perfect shade that blends into skin to give you an even tone that you can show off. You don’t need to look around and around for a foundation cream shade that works for you.
- HIGH-QUALITY - Our color changing foundation gives you the quality foundation makeup that you are looking for. We believe that you will enjoy it, but we know that this may not be for everyone. If that is you, do not hesitate to contact us and we will be sure to give you a FIVE-STAR experience.
Buyer's Guide: the best foundation for large pores and wrinkles
Foundation is a neutral-tone cream or base that hides the irregularities on the face like large pores, acne, and wrinkles. It comes as liquid, powder, and cream and in different skin tones. Also, there are foundations for oily skin, normal or dry types.
How to Choose the best foundation for large pores and wrinkles
Choosing the foundation for large pores and wrinkles is tricky. You need to pay attention to every detail of the product. After all, it is an investment for your face. Choosing the wrong product can drastically damage your skin.
Let us have a look at the points which you need to pay attention to:
Ingredients to avoid
Facial skin is sensitive. But many foundation manufacturers resort to harmful chemicals. Always look out for these chemicals on the packaging before purchasing:
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate and Sodium Laureth Sulfate
- Artificial fragrance
- Polyethylene glycol
- · Oxybenzone
Useful ingredients in the foundation
It is not that you only need to pay attention to the ingredients to be avoided in the foundation. You also need to pay attention if useful ingredients are present in it. Always choose the foundation that comes with these ingredients:
- Titanium dioxide
- Zinc oxide
- Bismuth oxychloride
- Retinyl palmate or vitamin A
- Vitamin E
Many users report of an allergic reaction to their new foundation. Everyone has different skin. A useful ingredient might act as an allergen for them. So, you should always skin-test the foundation before applying.
- Apply the foundation generously over a patch on the back of your wrist
- Wait for 24 hours
- Apply it on your face only if there are no allergic reactions
Type of skin
Foundation is meant to hide the flaws of your face. But you need to choose the foundation formula according to your skin type. Here is a mini-guide:
- Dry skin: Cream foundation, moisturizing liquid foundation, and mousse foundation best suit dry skin.
- Oily skin: It needs a powder foundation or oil-free liquid foundation.
- Combination skin: Liquid or powder-based foundation is best for combination skin.
- Mature skin: This skin type needs a water-based liquid foundation.
Just like the skin-type, skin-tone is also important while choosing the foundation for large pores and wrinkles.
- Apply the foundation on your jawline
- Look for an undertone that perfectly blends with your skin or looks nearly the same
- Never opt for brighter or darker undertones. It will ruin your look
- Neutral undertone: Your vein’s color is inconclusive.
- Cool undertone: Your vein appears blue or purple.
- Warm undertone: Your vein appears green.
Choosing the best foundation for large pores and wrinkles 2020 was exhausting.
Here are the best brands based on the reviews and rating across various e-shopping websites and review websites:
- Dermabled smooth liquid camo foundation: It is approved by dermatologists as a pore minimizer foundation. It lasts up to 16 hours. It is the best liquid foundation for wrinkles.
- Bare Essentials Foundation Matte from Bare Escentuals: It comes with SPF 15 and is free from preservatives.
- Bare Essentials Loose Powder Matte Foundation with SPF 15: It is 100% hypoallergenic and comes in 30 shades.
Other than the fact that the foundation should effectively hide your large pores and wrinkles, it should be multi-use. Look for these extra features when shopping for the best foundation for large pores and wrinkles:
- Sun protection factor (SPF): SPF provides against skin degradation from harmful UV lights. Applying a foundation with SPF will provide a protective layer to your face. Most foundations come with SPF 15.
- Moisturizing: Aging skin needs proper moisturization. Your foundation should keep your skin hydrated to make it look younger. Stem cells from plants, Vitamin E, and vitamin A along with peptides keep the skin moisturized.
- Easy Application: It should be easy to take out even a little amount of foundation and apply it evenly. Make sure that your foundation has the right consistency to achieve this.
- Fragrant-free: Fragrance can be an allergen to many. Make sure that your foundation is fragrance-free, or if there is any, it should be natural.
- Affordable: Your foundation should be affordable while meeting the quality standards. With so much competition in the market, you can get a really good foundation at a cheap price. Compare price and other details before finalizing your pick.
Best foundation types
There are 3 types of foundation:
- Liquid foundation: Ageing skin needs a foundation that blends perfectly. Oil-based liquid foundation is the best foundation for wrinkles. It is light-weight and easily assimilated with the skin and hides the wrinkles.
- Powder foundation: It is best for oily skin. The powder absorbs the extra oil on the skin and makes it look fresher.
- Mineral foundation: These contain natural minerals in powdered form. You can use them as a dry powder or as liquid both. As it contains only natural ingredients, it is suitable for all skin types.
Best foundation for large pores and wrinkles FAQ
How do you cover large pores with foundation?
Follow these steps to hide your large pores:
- Apply a good serum on your face.
- Use a matt moisturizer. Large pores often come with oily skin. Matt moisturizer is best for such skin types.
- Use a pore-minimizer primer.
- Now, apply a pore minimizer foundation.
- Blend it well.
How to cover wrinkles?
You can cover your wrinkles in 4 simple steps:
- Use a hydrating serum over a clean face.
- Use a silicone-based primer.
- Now apply foundation. For hiding wrinkles, opt for a light foundation with a thin consistency.
- Apply it evenly with fingers or foundation brush. Do not rub or massage.
Is matte foundation good for large pores?
Yes. Large pores become more visible in light and with extra oil secretion from the skin. The matte foundation does not reflect any light. This helps in hiding the large pores. These usually come with an oil-free formula that keeps the skin dry.
Why do my pores look so big with makeup?
Pores look bigger when you
- apply makeup without cleaning your face. Always remove any makeup and wash your face with a good face wash. Pat it and apply moisturizer. Then, apply a primer and foundation.
- have unclean makeup brushes and expired beauty products: Get rid of dirty and old beauty products and accessories. Wash your brushes in lukewarm water after every use.
- apply too much of the foundation. Using a pearl-sized drop of the foundation is fine in most cases.
What type of foundation is best for wrinkles?
Liquid foundation is best for wrinkles. The powder settles on the folded skin and makes it even more prominent. The liquid mixes well with the skin.
Verdict and Our Recommendation for 2020
We found that a powder matte foundation is best for hiding large pores. The liquid foundation works well for wrinkles. So, if you are searching for the foundation for wrinkles, we would suggest Estee Lauder Perfectionist Youth-Infusing Serum makeup.
For large pores, we found that customers swear by Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Liquid Foundation. If you want more help and tips on the best foundation for large pores and wrinkles 2020, visit top-mom.com.
- 1 How We Tested
- 2 Top 10 Best Foundation for Large Pores and Wrinkles: Comparison Chart
- 2.1 Best Overall: Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Liquid Foundation Review
- 2.2 Provide a Poreless Finish: Revlon Colorstay Liquid Foundation Review
- 2.3 Reduces Wrinkles - Covergirl & Olay Simply Ageless 3-in-1 Liquid Foundation Review
- 2.4 Paraben Free - Catrice HD Liquid Coverage Foundation Review
- 2.5 Creamy Consistency - IMAN Second Powder Foundation Review
- 2.6 Dermatologist-tested - Mary Kay Foundation Primer Review
- 2.7 Hides Wrinkles & Lines: COVERGIRL Advanced Radiance Liquid Foundation Review
- 2.8 Contains Hyaluronic Acid - Monica Ann Beauty Foundation Primer Review
- 2.9 Non-Comedogenic - Dermablend Full Coverage Cream Foundation Review
- 2.10 All-day Flawless Makeup - TLM Avashine Color Changing Foundation Review
- 3 Buyer's Guide: the best foundation for large pores and wrinkles
- 4 Best foundation for large pores and wrinkles FAQ
- 5 Verdict and Our Recommendation for 2020