TOP 6 BEST FACIAL EPILATORS: COMPARISON CHART
No matter if you dealt with facial epilators before or you’re on your first purchase, you might already know about some of their features either from all the TV commercials or by reading about it in a magazine. And, in order to get you ready for all the reviews that we prepared for you, we will start with an exhaustive comparison table that includes all the big pictures that best facial epilator needs to have. Using this table, you will be able to easily spot the model that you might be interested in right from the start or, at least, know exactly what to look for when reading the full facial hair epilator reviews.
Alright, now that we’re done with the comparison table and everyone has a basic idea about what are the main features of the best facial epilator, it’s time to go to the next step and take each one of the above-mentioned lady shavers and do give you a lot more info about their specifications, strong points, as well as well-though reviews from verified buyers.
Best Overall: Philips Satinelle Prestige 32-Disc 4-in-1 Electric Epilator Review
The Philips Satinelle Prestige is what you can easily call best facial epilator thanks to the 32 tweezer-action discs that ensure a rapid and smooth epilation process. Compared to this facial epilator, it is clearly an improvement thanks to the single heads. This makes the entire process a lot gentler and when you also add the sensitive attachment, you will be stunned of the results.
This electric hair epilator is so gentle that it can be easily used to remove the hair from your upper lip, an area that all women prefer to leave for wax or epilation creams, especially because they fear an epilator might be too painful. But the Satinelle Prestige is an electric hair removal epilator that gets the job done, leaving only smooth, healthy and unharmed skin behind, even in the most sensitive of areas. Thanks to its Skin Glide Technology, the hair gets lifted and then removed by the gliding tweezer discs very close to the skin, ensuring the precision of up to 0.5 millimeters and reducing irritation to a minimum. Not only that this is an affordable epilator but it will save you a lot of money as well since you can use it for the upper lip, and even as an epilator for eyebrows.
Why We Like It
- Innovative disc system
- Comes with a trimmer attachment
- It also has a sensitive attachment that will take even better care of your skin in the process of epilation
- 2-step operating speed perfect for all types of hairs
Most Innovative: Braun Silk-épil 5 5-895 Women's Epilator Bonus Edition Review
The Braun Silk-Epil Bonus Edition comes with an epilating experience that any woman should want in her life. Taking the success of the Silk-Epil series one step further, this wet and dry facial epilator has everything it takes for a really silky epilation, leaving your skin creamy and smooth afterward. If you’ve read some Braun Silk Epil 5 reviews already or maybe the previous Braun facial epilator review, you already know that it comes with a lot of extra features that will transform epilating into a really cool experience.
Besides the complete epilating experience, the Braun Silk-Epil 5 Bonus Edition comes with a shaver head and a trimmer cap that can convert your epilator into an all-in-one tool for all your face and entire body do make it as beautiful as nature made it. Just like the previous models, this Braun cordless epilator can be used in wet or dry conditions as well and you can simply wash its head after using without worrying about rust or any other kind of damage thanks to the high-quality materials used for the epilating head and the stainless steel of the tweezers.
The Braun Bonus Edition epilator machine along with its attachments can be used on the whole face where you want to have silky, hair-free skin.
Why We Like It
- Comes with an included shaver head and trimmer cap to make it a complete beauty tool
- Can be used on the upper-lip area as well
- Built-in Light
- Battery can last for up to 30 minutes with only 1 hour charging time
Ergonomic Handle: Braun Silk-épil 9 9-870 Women's Epilator Review
The Silk Epil Braun epilator was a really successful model, especially the 9 9-870 which comes with a lot of improvements. First of all, it has a 40% wider head that ensures even more action against the smallest of hairs and the innovative MicroGrip Technology increases efficiency being able to remove up to 4 times more hair compared to waxing. Another awesome function of this hair epilator is that it can provide the same effect in both a wet and dry environment. So, you can easily take it with you in the shower or bath and it will deliver the same comfortable epilation you would get on dry skin. Even more than that, since the skin is moist and wet, you will barely feel any pain while getting your skin soft and smooth.
If you’re wondering how to use a facial epilator, the Braun Silk-Epil will give you a pretty good idea thanks to its pivoting head that can smoothly adapt to your face contours and offer a comfortable hair-removal process. Even more than that, this epilator for women has a revolutionary pulsating vibration that increases the gentle sensation you get while you remove unwanted hair. You will happy to learn that the Braun Silk-Epil can be used in any room, no matter the quality of light since this electric epilator comes with a SmartLight system that will enable you to identify even the finest hair.
Why We Like It
- Can be used in wet conditions as well
- Comes with built-in light system
- Gentle with your skin
- The pulsing vibration helps makes the whole process a lot more pleasant
Dermatologist Tested: Braun Facespa Pro 911 Facial Epilator for Women Review
- Give her our best Beauty treat with the world's 1st facial epilation, cleansing & skin-toning device
- Facial epilator removes 4x shorter hair than wax for a smooth, clear complexion
- Looking for mother’s day gifts, She'll love the facial cleansing brush for purified skin, cleanses 6x more effectively than manual
- Microvibration toning head for enhanced skin appearance
- Rechargeable device - Includes 3 extras; bronze cap, stand, pouch
Most Affordable: Angel Kiss Women's Painless Shaver Review
- Effective but painless - Unique dual blades removes facial hair from jaw line, cheeks, chin effectively and painlessly.
- Safe and Hypoallergenic - High quality stainless steel blade and protecting net leave your skin smooth yet without any redness or irritation. Safe for all skin types and all ages.
- Leave your make-up flawlessly - No enlarged pores,No thicker hrowing hair,gentle enough to use every day,No downtime raiting for regrowth,leave your skin smooth and make-up flawlessly.
- Compact and portable - Portable and discreet in the size of a lipgloss,Easy to carry around, which also makes it a considerate companion for your confidence and beauty.
- Requires 1* AA Battery ( NOT Included ) - Angel Kiss portable hair remover use dry anytime and anywhere.
Easy Washable Head: ElectriBrite Facial Hair Remover Epilator for Women Review
- 【9 Sharp Tweezers Head】: Epilator rotating 9 tweezers quickly removes unwanted hair from the root, giving you smooth skin that last long.Precise hair removal for use on body detail areas.When using on the face, be careful not to press too tightly.
- 【Mini & Portable】: Rechargeable cordless mini women epilator is lightweight and portable.Pink pouch easy to carry on, perfect for travel, convenient to use anywhere and anytime.Cordless design make you can use it without cord,after charging completely can last for around 30 minutes.
- 【Smart Light Design】: The smart light reveals even the finest hairs for extra-thorough hair removal.Ensure that your skin is clean and dry before use. If epilating in the evening,any reddening that develops can disappear overnight.
- 【Effective Safe & Powerful】: Place the epilation head at a right angle 90 degrees to the skin. Compact hair removal epilator removes even the shortest unwanted hairs. Suitable for whole body,including facial,bikini line areas, underarms, arms, legs, upper lip, knees, ankles and even the sensitive finest hairs.
- 【Washable Epilation Head】: Easy to clean with water for optimal hygiene.Epilator head is waterproof, remove the shield cover firstly,clean the tweezers under the running water, removing the hairs with the cleaning brush.Streamline shape fits in the palm of your hand. Non-slip design make it never fall when shaving.
Benefits of Epilating
There are a lot of ways to remove body hair – waxing, epilating, shaving, plucking, tweezing, and so on. Whatever method you choose you will certainly get rid of unwanted hair but it is necessary to know that some are more effective than the others.
Using an epilator vs waxing will enable you to remove the tiniest hair from your face which will make the skin much smoother. Additionally epilating doesn’t have as many side effects as waxing – for example, you cant have an allergic reaction. Also, it is much cheaper. You can find a machine at pretty affordable prices and do the job at home while when you are waxing you need to pay each time you go for a treatment. But there are many other benefits of removing hair with a facial epilator and today we are going to talk about them.
- Epilation is the best hair removal method for those who have sensitive skin. Facial skin is anyway more gentle than the skin on the legs or arms and can easily get irritated. If you are plus prone to any kind of reaction best facial epilator does a marvelous job. Because the tweezers on the epilator do not pull the skin when removing the hair the impact on it is minimal.
- Epilating will surely give you long-lasting effects. Since you are pulling hair from the root it naturally takes more time for it to grow again. Of course, there isn’t a universal rule, but on average people need to use the epilator every four weeks or so.
- Additionally, continuous epilation may lead to slower hair growth altogether. Over time you will notice that the hair is getting softer. Ultimately, there are likely to be parts when it doesn’t grow anymore.
- A lot of people think it’s the same but epilation will cause less pain and discomfort than waxing. This is mainly because epilators come with built-in massaging heads. The effects they produce make you believe that you are experiencing less pain. The good thing about these devices is that you can use them also while you are having a shower or hot bath. Your hair will become softer and you will feel less pain.
- You are protecting the planet when you are removing hair with an epilator. The only waste that you produce if you choose this method is the hairs that you are removing. However, there are no shaving cream bottles, used wax, and other disposable parts.
- One of the many good reasons to opt for epilation is that it is convenient when you are traveling. Besides packing the epilator there isn’t anything else that you need to think about. Additionally, if you have a cordless model then there are no limits – you can use it wherever you are.
HOW TO CHOOSE THE BEST FACIAL EPILATOR: BUYING CONSIDERATIONS
Since until now you are well beyond the point where we were answering the question ‘What does a facial epilator do?’ and we’ve been through a very specific and detailed review of the top 8 facial epilators on the market right now to make sure you understand everything about these devices, it’s time to look at some natural questions that a buyer might still have when shopping for an epilator.
With all the specifications in mind and all the different models available, in the end, you will get to choose the best facial epilator on the market according to your budget. You can get models starting at $30 and all the way up to $200 so establishing an estimated budget at least, is a must. Buying a cheaper model doesn’t mean that you will not be able to get the best affordable epilator, it’s all about what you mean to do with it and knowing what to expect from it. When deciding on the max budget you want to spend on an epilator, make sure you take a look at what you consider to be the best facial epilator for your needs and establish if you can afford it or how much lower than that you can go.
When it comes to choosing the best facial epilator, power isn’t that much of a game-changer. Nobody that asks themselves what is the best epilator on the market will focus on power as a distinctive turning point. Even so, if you are interested in power, you must know that most of them come with a two-step speed setting button and you will find enough power even in cheap but good epilators.
Wet, Dry or Both?
If you’re going to check wet and dry epilator reviews, they will say that that’s the best option for you to go. And it is true since why limit yourself with a facial epilator that can’t be used in wet conditions? Sure, there are some voices that claim a dry epilator works best since the hair is harder and it pulls it out better, however, the wet and dry ones have technologies that also take care of that with no problems at all.
When choosing the most effective epilator, you also need to take into consideration the extra features they come with. For example, if you are looking for an epilator for thick hair, you’d like it to have a moisturizing system built-in, in order to make the extraction easier. Or, if you intend to use your facial epilator in the shower as well as when watching TV, you might want to go with a wet n dry epilator. That’s why we’re going to discuss some of the most-wanted features and see what benefits they bring.
For extra mobility and being able to take it with you anywhere you want, you’d need to buy the best Cordless epilator. But what does define a cordless epilator as being the best? First of all, you need to take operating time into consideration. A full-face epilation might take well above 20 minutes so that’s the time-frame you are looking at. Another thing you should be looking at when buying a cordless epilator is the time it takes for it to be fully charged. Considering you’re not done with the process in a full battery-cycle, you wouldn’t want to wait 4 hours until you’re ready to go again, right? The standard accepted time for a cordless epilator to get to full battery levels is 1-2 hours.
Massage or Pain Relieving Functions
In case of pain is your worst enemy, it’s natural that you will want to buy the most painless epilator out there with tons of functions that will make epilation feel like a gentle pat on the back. Going through all the painless facial epilator reviews, you will notice that the ones that have a built-in massage function or those that have special attachments to increase sensitivity or even add the possibility of adding ice to the process are the ones that work the best. In the end, the pain factor is also related to how well you tolerate it, and how does your body reacts to pain in general. Because you can spend a fortune on the best painless facial epilator and still consider it’s too painful to be worth the effort.
Even though they’re a bit more expensive, it is a good idea to go for an epilator that can also fulfill other tasks as well since it will help you save some money as opposed to buying that other device as well. Take, for example, the Philips Satinelle Prestige Electric Epilator that can easily act as a pedicure device, trimmer, and shaver and still having exceptional epilator ratings. On the other hand, if you do believe that a certain device must be perfect at one job and not try to do a lot of them, stick to the best home epilator and that’s it.
Number of Tweezers
No matter if you choose a battery-powered epilator or an epilator with cord, the number of tweezers is quite relevant for its performance. Since it’s the tweezers that pluck the hair, for those epilators that work with tweezers, a greater number usually equals better performance.
Number of Caps
Just like the number of tweezers, how many caps a facial epilator comes with is also very important since they can increase efficiency and make it more versatile. Another big plus about having more caps available is that it will be more hygienic to use a different cap for different parts of your face, for example. Most popular epilators do come with a number of different caps included in the package.
Even though a facial epilator can get pretty loud due to the nature of their mechanism, you should still be able to use one without having to lock yourself into the bathroom in order not to disturb anyone. This can be easily achieved by getting a best value epilator.
No matter if you are looking for the best facial epilator or eyebrow epilators, a built-in LED light is a must since it gives you so much clarity when it comes to spotting and plucking those soft and small hairs that are bearably visible under normal light.
If you read the best facial epilator reviews we mentioned earlier in this article, you might have noticed that some of them have a removable and washable head. Even though this might sound a bit scary at first, knowing that you’re washing a piece of a device that will later go in contact with electricity, this feature is excellent in terms of hygiene. You will be able to give it a proper clean and get it in top shape before storing it back in the box for future use.
Best Facial Epilator FAQ
Do Epilators Work?
Using an epilator is the most efficient way of maintaining your skin soft, smooth and hair-free. It’s a lot more efficient than waxing, shaving or any other hair-removal process out there.
How Does an Epilator Work?
Most of the epilator models have a different number of tweezers that are placed on a rotating disk, these tweezers move very fast while opening and closing in order to hold and pull the hair out from its roots. There are different concepts as well, however, the tweezer model is most common.
How to Use an Epilator?
In order to use an epilator efficiently, you must always consult the instructions manual that comes in the package. However, as a general rule, you must always try to maintain a 90-degree angle between the epilator head and the part of the body you are epilating and keep a steady speed while gliding on the surface of the skin.
Do Epilators Hurt?
Just like when you’re doing your eyebrows, there’s a pinching feeling when the hair is pulled out, however, the pain levels are generally low. Not to mention that most models come with attachments to make the pain even more faded, almost absent.
How Long Does Epilation Last?
That really depends on the parts of your body you’re going to epilate and when is the last time you did this process before. However, an average time for epilating your legs, for example, is around 30 minutes which is perfect under the 40 minutes autonomy for the cordless epilators.
How Often Should You Epilate?
There isn’t an exact timeframe regarding when you should epilate, it’s really all about your habits and how fast your hair usually grows. It is recommended that you wait until the hair starts to grow in order for the next epilation to be successful.
How to Make Epilating Less Painful?
There are several tips and tricks when it comes to making epilating less painful. You will find all kinds of crazy ideas from drinking a shot of whiskey up until taking some ibuprofen before-hand. The most indicated process is to properly exfoliate your skin on a regular basis and make sure to choose the best epilator that has built-in pain-relieving attachments.
What Is the Difference Between Epilator, Shaver and Trimmer?
The main difference between an epilator and shaver is that the epilator removes the hair by pulling it out from its root. The shaver, on the other hand, will only cut very close the root, as far as you skin allows it. This means that your hair will grow back faster if you choose to shave rather than epilate.
As for trimmer, it’s basically the same comparison as with the shaver, only worse. A trimmer doesn’t even go as close to the root of the hair and will leave hair still visible even after use.
Do Epilators Stop Hair Growth?
Epilators do not stop hair growth altogether, however, they do help a lot in slowing down the process by removing the hair string completely. This means you get a lot more time until the hair regenerates and starts to grow again.
Do Epilators Cause Ingrown Hairs?
Ingrown hairs can be caused by any type of hair removing process since there are some strands of hair that start to grow under your skin, however, it is thought to be more common when using an epilator. In fact, if you use the epilator properly and make sure it is in top shape, it won’t cause more ingrown hairs than any other hair-removing process.
As you can see facial epilator is a useful little gadget that offers a lot of advantages. There are plenty of excellent models out there and finding the one that will satisfy completely your needs can be a challenge. That’s why it is good to get well informed about the important features before you make a decision. It took us as well some time before we selected the best facial epilator 2020.
- 1 TOP 6 BEST FACIAL EPILATORS: COMPARISON CHART
- 1.1 Best Overall: Philips Satinelle Prestige 32-Disc 4-in-1 Electric Epilator Review
- 1.2 Most Innovative: Braun Silk-épil 5 5-895 Women's Epilator Bonus Edition Review
- 1.3 Ergonomic Handle: Braun Silk-épil 9 9-870 Women's Epilator Review
- 1.4 Dermatologist Tested: Braun Facespa Pro 911 Facial Epilator for Women Review
- 1.5 Most Affordable: Angel Kiss Women's Painless Shaver Review
- 1.6 Easy Washable Head: ElectriBrite Facial Hair Remover Epilator for Women Review
- 2 Benefits of Epilating
- 3 HOW TO CHOOSE THE BEST FACIAL EPILATOR: BUYING CONSIDERATIONS
- 4 Best Facial Epilator FAQ
- 4.1 Do Epilators Work?
- 4.2 How Does an Epilator Work?
- 4.3 How to Use an Epilator?
- 4.4 Do Epilators Hurt?
- 4.5 How Long Does Epilation Last?
- 4.6 How Often Should You Epilate?
- 4.7 How to Make Epilating Less Painful?
- 4.8 What Is the Difference Between Epilator, Shaver and Trimmer?
- 4.9 Do Epilators Stop Hair Growth?
- 4.10 Do Epilators Cause Ingrown Hairs?
- 5 Conclusion