Top 5 Best Drugstore Powder Foundations For Acne Prone Skin: Comparison Table
Best Overall: L'Oreal True Match Powder Review
- In our range of true to you shades, from light to dark and warm, neutral and cool - find your true match 100 percent guaranteed
- Soft to the touch powder works to mattifies skin and control shine without ever looking chalky or cakey
- True Match Powder provides a natural finish, with undetectable coverage that feels like a second skin
- Micro-fine powders contain a hint of pearl pigment for poreless and matte skin - blot oil and control shine
- Mirror and Applicator Inside allow application on-the-go, Use with True Match Foundation, Concealer and Blush for a complete look
Cruelty-free Product: CoverGirl Simply Powder Foundation Review
- TWO-IN-ONE FOUNDATION: This powder foundation covers like a liquid but feels like a powder
- EVENS SKIN TONE: Reduces imperfections for a smooth, flawless finish
- WON’T CLOG PORES: Non-acnegenic formula won’t clog pores
- DERMATOLOGICALLY-TESTED: Hypoallergenic and won’t irritate skin
- CRUELTY-FREE: Covergirl products are Leaping Bunny Certified by Cruelty-Free International, meaning they are never tested on animals
Great Ingredients: Maybelline New York Super Stay Better Skin Powder Review
- Skin-transforming powder delivers lasting coverage
- This oil control powder eliminates shine and unevenness without looking cakey
- Achieve better-looking skin with our first powder with salicylic acid that wears all day
- A non-comedogenic face powder, dermatologist tested for safety
Great For Oily Skin: Maybelline New York Dream Matte Mousse Foundation Makeup Review
- Exclusively ultra-mattifying powders and oxygen whipped into a mousse foundation formula
- Brings air-light perfection to matte
- Blends seamlessly for a flawless finish that doesn't look flat or chalky
Vitamin-boosted: Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Lightweight Loose Powder Makeup Foundation Review
- Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Lightweight Loose Powder Makeup Foundation in Natural Ivory 20 helps even and enhance skin clarity, tone and texture
- This face makeup foundation is made with naturally derived minerals plus Vitamins A, C, & E for a natural looking, flawless finish to celebrate your natural beauty
- Powder face foundation covers imperfections, reduces the appearance of redness, provides sheer to medium buildable coverage and helps cover & minimize imperfections
- The loose powder makeup in Natural Ivory 20 is gentle enough for sensitive skin and is both lightweight and breathable
- Suitable for all skin types, this mineral foundation comes in a variety of natural-looking shades
Buyer’s Guide: Best Drugstore Powder Foundations for Acne Prone Skin
Selecting the right drugstore brands is essential if you want your makeup to me on point. To understand drugstore products, read reviews online. This will help you understand the brands and their products better.
Foundations are tricky and finding the one that suits you may take a lot of time. Speed up the process by reading this complete guide to drugstore foundations.
Powder or Liquid Foundation? Which is better for Acne-Prone Skin?
If your skin secretes oil throughout the day then you should avoid buying a liquid foundation. Acne-prone skin requires a lot of attention and care. The type of foundation you use can either benefit your skin or damage it further. Therefore, before buying any random foundation, you need to consider the texture. If you want the best foundation for acne, then look at the ingredients in the product.
A powder foundation works extremely well for oily or acne-prone skin. The particles in the foundation for acne prone skin will help your skin breathe and will not clog your pores causing more acne. The powder particles will absorb the excess moisture, skin, and oil from your face throughout the day so that you can look fresh at all hours. If you have oily skin, you probably know how often a touch up is needed. Powder foundations are easy to handle and use. You can touch up your foundation in a washroom quickly.
Things to Consider Before You Buy Drugstore Powder Foundation for Acne-Prone Skin
Several brands on the market have come up with a variety of foundations. Some of them promise flawless and smooth skin. To check whether or not these brands are delivering what they are promising, take a look at the ingredients panel on the product. The drugstore powder foundation for acne-prone skin review on several websites can also help you understand what product will suit you the best. The substances used in the product should dictate if the foundation will actually hide scars and marks, make your skin look smooth, and absorb excess oil. here we will discuss how to find the best drugstore foundation for acne-prone skin.
What Ingredients Should You Look For?
If you want the best powder foundation for acne prone skin Look out for lightweight formulas that allow your skin to breathe. Check out all the ingredients present in the product before you buy it. If you have acne-prone skin that is oily and requires regular maintenance, try to purchase a foundation that has minerals like calcium, potassium, iron, and sulphur. These micronutrients effectively fight against acne-causing germs and keep your skin clean. Also look for common ingredients that treat acne: benzoyl peroxide, alpha hydroxy acids and sulfur.
Salicylic acid is another key ingredient that helps fight acne and keeps your pores clean. Try to buy foundations, powder or liquid, that contains a considerable amount of salicylic acid. The element exfoliates your skin gently, getting rid of oil and dead skin cells and keeps your skin dry and free from excess oil.
What Ingredients Should You Avoid?
Avoid substances that clog pores and damage the quality of your skin.
Should drugstore powder foundation be approved and certified?
Cosmetic products and ingredients (except for color additives) approvement by FDA (U.S. Food & Drug Administration) is not required. However, foundation still has to be safe for consumers. You can check for quality marks or other info on label that proves the best drugstore powders for oily acne prone skin is tested by dermatologists.
Check for Cruelty-free and Hypoallergenic products
There are several brands that manufacture cruelty-free and vegan makeup. These products contain amazing ingredients like tea tree oil, hazel, and benzoyl peroxide that calms sensitive skin and controls oil secretion in acne-prone skin. Brands like Too Faced, Urban Decay, and ELF have come up with a foundation that caters to the needs of acne-prone skin. The best drugstore powder for acne prone skin has hypoallergenic and vegan ingredients that will help improve your skin.
Follow These Tips If You Have Sensitive Skin
Acne may occur due to several reasons, however, these simple steps will help you control acne.
- Use a cleanser or a face wash that has ingredients like benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, and sulfur. These elements work actively to control acne and improve your skin. You can use a gentle cleanser twice a day for best effects. Use soft material to wipe your face and do not apply too much pressure while washing your face. If you want to use makeup, start with a drugstore powder foundation for acne-prone skin.
Try to use oil-free products. If you want to use a serum, a moisturizer, or a toner, look for non-comedogenic variants. Non-comedogenic products do not have oil and they are perfect for acne-prone skin. These substances allow your skin to breathe making it healthier and shinier. Look for the rating of these products before buying them.
- An underrated product that helps sensitive skin is an astringent. These products control the oil secretion and prevent your pores from clogging. If you have large pores on your face that accumulate dirt, use an astringent to clear your pores and shrink them. You can also use the foundation for large pores and wrinkles.
- A useful tip that is often avoided by many is – do not pick your acne. Acne and pimples may be extremely troublesome and painful, but constantly picking at them or disturbing them will not help your skin. Instead, wash your face and apply soothing products like astringents.
- Essential oil like tree tea oil has proven to be very useful to treat sensitive skin. The ingredients in the essential oil not only soothes your skin but also prevents further breakouts. Tree tea oil control secretion of excess oil is safe for your skin and tones your face.
- 1 Top 5 Best Drugstore Powder Foundations For Acne Prone Skin: Comparison Table
- 1.1 Best Overall: L'Oreal True Match Powder Review
- 1.2 Cruelty-free Product: CoverGirl Simply Powder Foundation Review
- 1.3 Great Ingredients: Maybelline New York Super Stay Better Skin Powder Review
- 1.4 Great For Oily Skin: Maybelline New York Dream Matte Mousse Foundation Makeup Review
- 1.5 Vitamin-boosted: Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Lightweight Loose Powder Makeup Foundation Review
- 2 Buyer’s Guide: Best Drugstore Powder Foundations for Acne Prone Skin
- 2.1 Powder or Liquid Foundation? Which is better for Acne-Prone Skin?
- 2.2 Things to Consider Before You Buy Drugstore Powder Foundation for Acne-Prone Skin
- 2.3 Follow These Tips If You Have Sensitive Skin
- 3 We Answered Some of Your Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 Our Recommendations and Comments
We Answered Some of Your Frequently Asked Questions
Does Makeup Cause Acne Badly?
Makeup can damage your skin if you do not pay attention to the ingredients. Products that contain substances that help with acne will not make your acne worse and will make your skin better.
What is the Correct Procedure to Find the Right Foundation Shade?
Choosing the right shade is not as difficult as it seems. All you have to do is try out the different colors near your neck instead of on your wrist. Another way to select a shade is to understand the undertone of your skin. Usually, there are yellow and peach undertones when it comes to foundations. Once you have figured out what group of undertones you fall into, it shouldn’t be too difficult to find the perfect shade. Some brands produce the best foundation for textured skin.
What is the Correct Way to Apply Foundation?
Powder foundations usually come with a sponge. If you do not want to use that, several other beauty tools can be used instead. you can use a powder brush or a beauty blender to apply your powder foundation. Each product works differently with different beauty tools.
Our Recommendations and Comments
You can use some of the best drugstore powder foundations for acne-prone skin 2020 recommended by us to witness the change in your skin. use products that have ingredients that will actively fight your skin condition. The market is filled with top-rated and cheap cosmetics that have different formulae. before buying any cosmetic product, read the ingredients panel carefully.
Just like a MAC foundation for oily skin, there are several other foundations that you can try out. If you do not want to invest in MAC products, you can choose foundations from other drugstore brands as well. According to us, some of the best drugstore powder foundations for acne-prone skin 2020 are L’Oreal True Match Powder, CoverGirl Simply Powder Foundation and Maybelline New York Super Stay Better Skin Powder.