Top 7 Best Drugstore Foundation Brushes: Comparison Table
Best Overall Drugstore Brush Set : Real Techniques Makeup Brush Set Review
- REAL TECHNIQUES EVERYDAY ESSENTIALS 2.0 with Miracle Complexion Sponge set has you covered. Four brushes do it all: blush, bronzer, highlighter, concealer and shadows. Miracle Complexion Sponge gives you an airbrushed look and flawless application
- NUMBER ONE MAKEUP SPONGE for smooth foundation application: Designed revolutionary latex-free foam technology to evenly blend liquid foundation for a smooth, enhanced finish. Use damp for a dewy glow or dry for a full coverage
- Get ready for an airbrushed look and flawless application! FLAT EDGE: contour around the eyes and nose; ROUND SIDES: blend large areas of the face with a dabbing motion; PRECISION TIP: cover blemishes and imperfections
- KEEP IT CLEAN: 1) DAB ON a dot of your favorite makeup sponge cleanser. 2) ADD WATER and gently squeeze to lather. 3) RINSE the sponge with water. 4) AIR DRY thoroughly in a well-ventilated area
- KEEP IT PRISTINE: 1) STORE in a safe spot away from sharp edges. 2) ENSURE TO STORE in a cool, dry place. 3) PROTECT your sponge on-the-go. 4) ENSURE TO REPLACE every 30 uses
Best Drugstore Face Brushes Soft and Easy To Use: EcoTools Makeup Brush Set Review
- Make Up Brush Set: This cruelty free brush set includes an angled foundation brush, concealer brush, eyeshadow brush, angled liner brush & blush brush to complete your makeup bag, PLUS a makeup brush holder for vanity
- MAKEUP BRUSHES: Whether they're travel size makeup brushes, eye makeup brushes, foundation brushes or big brushes, the EcoTools makeup brushes flawlessly help apply products to your face.
- BAMBOO MAKEUP BRUSHES & PRODUCTS: Our cruelty free products are made from recycled aluminum & plastic with 20% cotton & 80% bamboo fibers.
- ECOTOOLS: We provide high quality, environmentally friendly makeup brushes, sponges, brush cleaners, spa products, face & body care products made of recycled aluminum & plastic with renewable bamboo.
- POWER OF BEAUTY: Aside from our quality cruelty free & vegan makeup products, we support women's empowerment & for women to become the best version of themselves.
Best Liquid Foundation Brush For Full Coverage With Great Quality: e.l.f. Ultimate Blending Brush Review
- Specifically designed for advanced makeup techniques that help achieve professional looks.
- Picks up the perfect amount of product to build coverage with powder, liquid, or mousse formulas ideal for foundation, bronzer, or blush.
- Ultra-fine synthetic fibers hand cut, shaped, and assembled by artisans for expert craftmanship offering a luxury experience.
- Easy to clean, great for personal or professional use.
- Cruelty-free, vegan and 100% free from Phthalates, Parabens, Nonylphenol, Ethoxylates, Triclosan, Triclocarban, and Hydroquinone.
Best Affordable Easy to Clean Foundation Brush : Real Techniques Professional Foundation Makeup Brush Review
- The mini expert face brush is a travel sized must have for buffed-to-perfection foundation
- Full size head, just a smaller handle
- Ideal for cream and liquid foundations
- Ultra plush synthetic bristles that are custom-cut, easy to clean and 100 Percent cruelty-free
- Extended aluminium ferrules that are light weight, easy to use and colour coded
Good Drugstore Foundation Brush - Top for Powder Foundation: wet n wild Brush for Powder Review
- POWDER BRUSH: This large, plush brush has soft, curved bristles perfect for picking up to just the right amount of powder for an even application. Great for face powder, blush, bronzer, or highlighter
- VEGAN MAKEUP BRUSHES: From foundation & kabuki brushes to flat contour brushes, blush & eyeshadow brushes, to silicone & sponge blenders & more, we have the tools you need to create flawless beauty
- BEST FACE FORWARD: From bronzer & blush to primer, highlighter, natural finish powder, & concealer, we've got you covered & photo ready for your next big thing. You've met your true makeup match
- ALWAYS CRUELTY FREE: wet n wild is 100% cruelty free, & always has been. We also carry vegan makeup & tools such as foundation, nail polish, contour palettes, lipstick, makeup brushes & more
- STAY WILD: wet n wild is the trusted beauty destination for beauty lovers of all ages, ethnicities, skin colors, & economic statuses. No matter who or where you are in life, we have a product for you
Best Drugstore Kabuki Brush With Perfect Size: e.l.f. Makeup Kabuki Face Brush Review
- This synthetic haired brush is soft and absorbent, making it perfect to use with wet or dry products.
- Allows for precise and controlled application of bronzer, powder, or highlighter.
- Compact design is ideal for travel and on-the-go use.
- For best results, clean or wipe brush daily.
- Cruelty-free, vegan and 100% free from Phthalates, Parabens, Nonylphenol, Ethoxylates, Triclosan, Triclocarban, and Hydroquinone.
Used by Professionals: Sigma Beauty Professional Makeup Brush Review
- Made with exclusive Sigmax fibers, the F80 Flat Kabuki brush features a flat top head with soft and dense fibers.
- Experience flawless, buffed foundation application without any absorption of product.
- Blend liquid or cream products onto forehead and cheeks evenly and smoothly.
- Avoid makeup streaks, lines, and splotches.
- Two-year manufacturer's warranty.
Best Drugstore Liquid Foundation Brush
- Made of synthetic bristles which are a good choice for liquid-based products because they hold their shape and don’t expand when wet.
- Soft-touch foundation brush is oval-shaped to work with the contours of the face, including narrow areas around the nose, mouth, eyes and hairline.
- The handle is the perfect size for maximum control.
- Fits inside the Mary Kay Brush Collection bag.
Shopping Guide for the best Drugstore Brush for Foundation
If you have read and gone through multiple reviews and still have no idea what to choose, read on for tips on top drugstore makeup brushes on the market for powder and liquid foundations.
In this article, we show you the way to the best face brushes and how to find your way to the best value of every dime you spend by choosing a good drugstore foundation brush with the best features, and that comes at a great price.
The Brush vs Sponge Debate
There has been for years a big battle on which is better, a makeup broom or sponge. While such debate does not exist for the best drugstore powder foundation, it is helpful to know what best suits you between a whisk and a sponge.
A makeup sponge works well to provide a light, even coverage of your makeup. It blends foundation into the skin effortlessly and will help you achieve a dewy look with your skin.
On the other hand, a makeup whisk gives you a full coverage base, great for when your skin is not on its best days. It does not alter the finish of the product; hence can be used with either matte or dewy foundation. Drugstore brushes for foundation work like paintbrushes, but for your face, they are quite easy to use.
For days when you are after a light, natural coverage, go for a makeup sponge. On the other hand, when you want high coverage for long wear, a makeup broom will work fine. Makeup sponges absorb a lot of product hence not advisable for use with liquid foundations.
Settling for the Right drugstore whisk for your Needs
Makeup whisks come in so many types that choosing the best foundation brush can be hectic. However, there are several considerations you must make to ensure you have the best face whisk for full coverage. They include:
Before buying a brush, figure out the shape that works best for you. A makeup whisk that might work for your friend might not necessarily be the best for you. Go through drugstore foundation brush reviews to find the piece that reaches your nooks and edges and suits you best.
If your budget is one the low side, do not worry about getting a lower quality and inefficient tool, many affordable brands on the market give you quality products for a pocket-friendly price.
However, if you want to splash money to get the best makeup whisk, you are welcome. High-end drugstore brushes will give you a luxurious experience, are durable, and worth every dime you spend.
While it might be tough to master beauty skills, with the right whisk for makeup, this can be easily achieved.
The level of your beauty products will depend on how good you are with your hands. Get the tool that goes easy with your hands and gives you an easy time using it. Do not get discouraged when you do not get good coverage or have the same looking makeup as some of the artists you flow, but hey, all that starts well ends well.
Amount of coverage
Defining the best coverage is subjective. Full coverage on one person might be a medium coverage to someone else. Having the right makeup tool will give you the coverage you desire, and the best is one that will not leave your face cakey or with streak traces.
Ensure that you know your skin well enough. Some skin types are easily irritated by hard bristles and react negatively to different types of whisks for makeup. If your skin is allergic to synthetic hair, then you should go for a whisk with natural hair.
Moisturize and prime your skin before applying makeup to prevent it from having a blotched look.
Drugstore Brush Types: Going for your Preference
Different makeup tools work best with different types of products, based on drugstore brush for foundation reviews, below are some of the best types from each category;
For Powder Foundation
- Full-body brushes
These are often regarded as the best makeup tools as they have high quality and luxurious feeling bristles. These types are compact and hard-bristled. They pick the most product, and that is why they are the most preferred powder foundation brush.
For cream foundation
- Dual fiber Types
These have white longer bristles along with shorter black bristles toward the base. Their heads have a shape that varies from round to oval, and they apply the lowest coverage so that you can build. As cream face products tend to be fuller, this piece helps sheer out the makeup. It gives you a flawless buildable finish. Thanks to their versatility, dual fiber beauty brooms make to the list of the best drugstore brush for foundation 2020.
- Flat paint-like brushes
The paintbrush-like tool is excellent for applying full coverage with a creamy makeup. When using it, use outward strokes to get full coverage on harder to reach areas like under your eyes or around your nose.
Instead of picking one or several of these, you can work on getting the best drugstore makeup brush sets that come with a whole range of pieces.
What Kind Of Brush For Liquid Foundation (makeup)
- Flat top types
These are flat across the top, with all the bristles having the same length. The shape of the head can vary. These flat-top tools give the fullest amount of coverage with liquid face products. The flat shape of the bristles allows you to reach every corner of your face. This advantage makes this the most preferred liquid foundation brush.
Sponges are best with liquid makeup. They give you the sheerest coverage, and their shape is optimized for an easy hold. With the right foundation, they will give you a very natural skin-like finish.
Tips for using foundation tools like a pro
- Keep your tools clean and well washed to prevent bacteria buildup.
- If you have allergies, do a patch test before purchase.
- If you prefer powder makeup, go for natural bristles as they hold on to the pigment more and absorb the powder easily.
- Synthetic makeup whisks will do a terrific job with liquid and cream products and provide a better finish to the makeup.
- Remember is important to use only quality products because of there are a lot of dangers
Questions and Answers about the best Makeup Whisks
To help you gain a better insight on drugstore makeup brushes, we compiled some frequently asked questions below;
How many years can I use my foundation whisk?
The best foundation broom, when taken good care of, lasts up to 10-15 years.
Between natural and synthetic bristles, which is better?
Natural bristles work great with powder makeups, while synthetic bristles are ideal for liquid or cream foundations.
What is the best way to keep my drugstore makeup whisk clean?
If you do not have a makeup brush cleaner machine, you can clean your drugstore foundation brush at home using simple tools and methods. To clean it, pour a small amount of baby shampoo onto your tool, put the makeup broom with shampoo into shallow, lukewarm water, and gently clean the bristles. Keep away water from getting into the base of the bristles as this will rust it. Pat your tool dry on a paper towel or lint-free cloth gently and lay it flat to dry.
What materials are used to make foundation brushes?
Natural hair drugstore brushes are made of squirrel, horse, or goat hair while some are made from eco-friendly synthetic hair.
Important to use only non toxic nature material beacause of you work with your face!
Final Word About What Is a Good Foundation Brush
While we have given you great tips on choosing the best drugstore face brushes, more and more cosmetic companies are working on giving you the best drugstore foundation brush 2020. Ensure that you buy the best drugstore brushes for foundation to give your skin that crisp sparkle and save on your cash. For a variety of foundation and a range of beauty tools, find your way to top-mom.com.
- 1 Top 7 Best Drugstore Foundation Brushes: Comparison Table
- 1.1 Best Overall Drugstore Brush Set : Real Techniques Makeup Brush Set Review
- 1.2 Best Drugstore Face Brushes Soft and Easy To Use: EcoTools Makeup Brush Set Review
- 1.3 Best Liquid Foundation Brush For Full Coverage With Great Quality: e.l.f. Ultimate Blending Brush Review
- 1.4 Best Affordable Easy to Clean Foundation Brush : Real Techniques Professional Foundation Makeup Brush Review
- 1.5 Good Drugstore Foundation Brush - Top for Powder Foundation: wet n wild Brush for Powder Review
- 1.6 Best Drugstore Kabuki Brush With Perfect Size: e.l.f. Makeup Kabuki Face Brush Review
- 1.7 Used by Professionals: Sigma Beauty Professional Makeup Brush Review
- 1.8 Best Drugstore Liquid Foundation Brush
- 2 Shopping Guide for the best Drugstore Brush for Foundation
- 2.1 The Brush vs Sponge Debate
- 2.2 Settling for the Right drugstore whisk for your Needs
- 2.3 Drugstore Brush Types: Going for your Preference
- 2.4 Tips for using foundation tools like a pro
- 3 Questions and Answers about the best Makeup Whisks
- 4 Final Word About What Is a Good Foundation Brush