9 Best Crib Mattresses: Comparison Chart
This is the best crib mattress for your newborn. It has the ideal firmness and can fit any standard full-size crib. Its cover is water-resistant and washable even in a washing machine. You can remove it easily and keep it clean without much problem. The foam is high-quality and this is a breathable crib mattress. It allows for good air circulation. After unpacking just leave it to expand fully. This product comes with a Greenguard Gold Certification. It is thoroughly tested and is perfectly safe.
This is the best crib mattress for toddlers to have a nice snooze with a lot of comfort and safety. Foam and other materials in this product are of the highest quality.
Why We Like It
- The Greenguard Gold Certification ensures high-quality standards.
- The foam is breathable and allows good air circulation.
- Its cover is water-resistant and washable.
- It is perfectly firm yet comfortable.
This crib mattress is a fantastic combination of comfort and firmness. Babies need a lot of snooze time and it has to be comfortable for them. Same time, the firm bed makes sure that safety concerns are not neglected. This product has no synthetic blends. Milliard Foam is CertiPUR-US certified. It is high-density foam and does not lose its shape. Its encasement is waterproof on top and sides but allows ventilation at the bottom. The backside of encasement is made of anti-flame material.
This is among the best-rated because there is constant monitoring and evaluation during the manufacturing process to maintain a high standard.
Why We Like It
- Product meets all requirements of quality with periodic examination and analysis.
- Fiberglass encasement on its inside is safe and non-toxic.
- This product is of perfect size which can fit any bed. Its dimensions are 27.5*52*4.75 inch.
This is among the best baby crib mattress and resembles adult bedding. It is very comfortable because of memory foam which is soft and soothing on small bodies. It contours according to body shape and provides a good night’s sleep. Its cover is hypoallergenic and top quality. It is waterproof and easily washable. It is made with 2-inch thick memory foam with 2.5 lb density. It can last for years without losing shape. Aerating holes are added for proper ventilation while your little one sleeps.
You and your baby will love this product because of its quality and standard of comfort. This is among the best crib mattress 2020.
Why We Like It
- Very high-quality memory foam which is also hypoallergenic.
- It has a waterproof cover which is also easily washable.
- Dimensions of the topper are 51.5*27*2 inches and expand fully if you give it 24 to 48 hrs.
This is a well-designed product on the market that caters to both infants as well as toddlers. It has a 2-stage dual firmness. There is a firm side that gives ample support to an infant and a cushiony firm side which is perfect for toddlers. Toddler mattress is different from the infant mattress. With its dimensions of 52*27.5*5.5 inches, it is a full size crib mattress. Its cover is easily removable and washable. It allows air circulation for better skin health. Safest quality materials go in to make this product.
Very innovative design to keep a baby’s changing needs in mind! Great size and not a mini crib mattress as well!
- This product comes with a 60-day refund policy as well as a 10-year warranty.
- Dual firmness keeps in mind the changing needs of a baby.
- There are no phthalates and meets the Federal Flammability Standard.
- Though it says Organic cotton cover, it seems like a polyester cover.
- Even the firm side seems soft and is not suitable for infants.
This baby mattress offers great support with 150 heavy gauge steel coils. These coils are interwoven to provide a firm sleeping surface. Its cover is waterproof and resists stains or moisture. You can wipe its surface with a damp cloth to keep it clean. It has a Greenguard Gold certification for good air quality and low emissions. Safety is of prime importance and does not contain any toxic fire retardants. It is fully flammability compliant. It has a 10-year warranty on workmanship and materials.
This product is what you are looking for if you want firm support. It is safe to use because if its safety standards and easy to maintain. Read crib mattress reviews for more information.
- Heavy gauge interwoven steel coils provide firm support.
- Dimensions are 51.63*27.25*5.25 inches which is perfect for a standard crib mattress.
- Hypoallergenic as well as phthalate & inflammability compliant.
- It can get uncomfortable because if you press, you can feel the coils.
- It can make noise and babies may not sleep comfortably.
This is a great crib mattress that offers a firm foam base that is topped with a thick layer of high-quality memory foam. This ensures that it does not become saggy or loses shape. Its firm base ensures good support and comfort. The ultra-soft bamboo cover gives a layer of softness to little ones. It is waterproof and you can clean it easily in a washing machine. Good airflow ensures a comfortable night for little ones. Memory foam is of superior 3 lb construction.
This is a memory foam crib mattress with two layers of foam for more comfort for your small baby. The manufacturers have given a lot of importance to safety as well as comfort.
- Two layers of foam provide both firmness and softness at the same time.
- It has a bamboo cover which is easy to clean.
- There is a natural fiberglass lining inside the mattress for a high level of safety.
- It can cause allergies because of the glass fibers. They can affect the lungs of infants.
- It says the bamboo cover, but it seems like polyester.
This bedding uses natural and renewable soybean in the foam core. It is CertiPUR-US certified. There are no phthalates, lead, mercury, or any other harmful things. Its cover is reinforced, embossed, and stain-resistant. There is lock-stitch binding which keeps any moisture from seeping inside. It comes to you after extensive testing for firmness, durability, and fit. The American Society for Testing and Materials Crib Mattress Standards has certified it. On top of it all, there is a lifetime warranty on workmanship and materials. You can use it as a newborn mattress.
It is one of the safest crib mattresses and loved by parents. It maintains a high standard of safety and convenience. Lightweight and easy maintenance!
- Corners are square and can fit snugly in all standard cots and are not large.
- It has a Greenguard Gold certification for high standards of a healthy indoor environment.
- Lightweight yet durable soybean foam core gives comfort and firmness.
- It is 76% polyurethane and the rest is blended rayon, cotton, polyester. Soybean is minuscule.
- Contrary to the size given, it is smaller and can become dangerous for infants.
This is a high-end product that has two different specifications on the two sides. On one side there is temperature-regulating, cool gel memory foam and on the other side, there is high-density foam. Firm side is meant for infants while other side is for toddlers. This is a premium handcrafted product. There is a three-dimensional airflow cover for increased air circulation. It is resistant to water and moisture as well as stains and odors. Fabric is hypoallergenic, medical-grade which is safe for a baby’s skin.
This baby bed mattress is a premium product that gives you more than one option. Material and technology are of a high standard and ensure comfort and safety for both babies and toddlers.
- Three-dimensional airflow cover ensures comfort and good health.
- Both sides are designed well and have their unique features for infants and toddlers.
- Each product is tested by independent third parties and only then certified.
- A depression forms in the middle and can become unsafe for infants.
- It is made with 100% polyurethane foam though they call it non-toxic.
This is among the top rated crib mattresses and provides great comfort and support to infants and toddlers alike. One side of bedding is the firm to give good support to infants while the other side is plush memory foam to give more comfort to toddlers. Its cotton cover is waterproof as well as easily washable. Safety is of prime concern when it comes to infants. This product meets or exceeds US safety standards. Foam is CertiPUR certified. Its dimensions are 52*27.5*5.5 inches which fit all standard baby cots.
Very good foam crib mattress with great features! Two sides are perfect for growing babies. Infants need a firm surface while a softer surface is better for toddlers.
- CertiPUR-US certified polyurethane foam is safe for babies.
- Its cover is100% natural cotton which is hypoallergenic, water-resistant, and machine washable.
- Dual sides give more options to parents of growing babies.
- Firm side can lose shape quickly and can become unsafe for infants.
- Some people complain of getting stained products after ordering.
Buyer’s Guide: All You Need to Know About the best crib mattresses
What size is a crib mattress?
The Consumer Products Safety Commission (CPSC) requires that full-size bedding has to be at least 271/4” in width * 511/4 “ in length * 6 inches of depth. However, it is not simple, and there are many size variations that you may come across. The best mini crib mattress is big enough for infants.
Why do you need a perfect mattress for your baby?
Choosing the best mattresses for babies is crucial for you as well in getting a good night’s sleep. It is essential for the baby’s physical growth, especially the spine. Babies need to sleep long hours, and a comfortable surface is important. The soft crib mattress is not ideal for infants.
How to choose the best crib mattresses
While choosing to keep these things in mind. Read crib mattress reviews to get more information. Look for the best crib mattress to prevent SIDS.
Choosing the right size is crucial for a baby’s safety. There should be no more than 3 cm of the gap around sides otherwise, it may get unsafe. The best bassinet or cot is good only with the right size pallet.
When it comes to your baby, you only want the best and safest. A certification assures parents about any product they are buying. There are different certifications for safety, foam quality, non-toxicity, etc.
It is essential that infants sleep on a firm crib mattress. This is important for the correct spine development. If their bed is soft, it can get dangerous for little ones. The best toddler mattress is not ideal for infants.
The natural organic crib mattress is always better. However, fabrics that are easily washable and clean easily are great with babies. Foam, cover, and any other material should be non-toxic and not contain any harmful chemicals. Synthetic materials like latex, rubber, etc. can cause rashes.
This is a no-brainer! With small babies, accidents do happen. If the cover is not water-resistant, you will spoil it and bedding with stains and odors. Removing the cover and washing it easily is important
A parent can sleep easy only after making sure that the baby is safe. Look for certifications that guarantee non-toxicity, organic materials, etc. Safety standards set by different agencies are important. Toddler pillow can cause harm to infants.
Price can vary from 50 dollars to 200 dollars or even more. Make a budget and try to find the best product in that budget. More than price, look for other features like safety and comfort when you decide to buy. A cheap crib mattress can have good features!
Best crib mattresses types
This is made up of three parts:
Foundation: this is the primary structure that provides support to coils.
Core: this is where springs and coils are. Numbers may vary, but the more springs are, the thicker the coils.
Comfort layer: this is the top layer. It is of fiber or foam. It depends on how firm you want it.
The most popular and most common is the foam-based type. Blocks of foam, gel foam, or memory foam all are used. These are generally cheaper than other varieties, but they are quite good. The foam makes for a good portable crib mattress.
These allow more flexibility. One side is firm while the other side is softer. Infants need firmness for their spine to develop well, and toddlers toss and turn a lot and need a softer surface.
Memory Foam mattress
Memory foams are not only meant for adults. Though not advisable for infants, soft foam can contour little bodies and offer a more comfortable sleep to toddlers.
The best organic crib mattress uses natural fibers and materials to manufacture. It is always a better option because chemicals or toxic materials can cause serious allergies and illnesses and make it unsafe for babies. Best baby blankets and pallets are organic and safe.
Verdict and Our Recommendation for 2020
We understand that as a parent, you want the best for your little one. Babies need the right amount of sleep in the best possible way to grow properly. Their tiny bodies need rest and support to grow into healthy children. You must look at all the options before you decide. We understand that it may get confused with so many products in the market. That is why we made this list of the 10 best and shared all the details with you. We think that the Graco Premium Foam Crib and Toddler Mattress is the best crib mattress 2020. Make a good decision for your little one. Get more information on top-mom.com.