Best Infant Cereals – Top 10
How can you be sure this is the best baby cereal to start with? Easy. You find out the opinions of other people that tried a certain type and find out more about their experience. And being the #1 Best Seller with thousands of positive reviews tells you everything you need to know about the Gerber Single-Grain Oatmeal Baby Cereal. Guaranteeing around 15 servings per container, iron-fortified cereals aim to end oatmeal vs rice cereal for baby’s discussion. If most people recommended rice cereals in the past, recent studies show that oatmeal cereals for babies are actually better for easiness infant tummies to digest them.
Why We Like It?
- Iron rich cereals
- Easily digested
- Can be used to help to digest other solids like fruits
You are looking at what could be the best organic cereal on the market with barley. And even though it may seem like something you’d use for a stew, increasing concerns related to rice cereal, barley enjoys a boost in popularity for babies as well. Barley may just as well be the best cereal for babies for its properties. With a lot of fiber, this single grain is excellent as a remedy for constipation or acid reflux. You don’t want your baby to burp all the time, do you? That’s why barley cereals from Healthy Times are the best solids for baby boys and girls.
Why We Like It?
- Packed with iron, copper, calcium and vitamin D
- Excellent for constipation
- Great home-cooked taste
If you’re still not sure which one of the best baby cereal to start with, why not take a look at what Happy Baby offers through their baby probiotic whole foods. Sometimes, no matter how hard you try to feed your child healthy probiotic baby cereal, they simply won’t accept healthy food for its taste. That’s not the case with Happy Baby Organic Probiotic Cereal because single-grain organic baby oatmeal cereal is excellent when combined with both water or breast milk. The probiotic baby cereal is a complex carbohydrate that brings a lot to the table and that means more energy for your kiddo. So, if you’re looking for the best cereal for babies that is based on baby oat cereal and has added choline, this is the one for you!
Why We Like It?
- Great taste with no dairy, soy or sugar
- Mixes perfectly with milk or water
- Healthy and tasty at the same time
If you think that the best baby cereal comes from a company that has over 34 years of experience in the industry, you’re totally right. Earth’s best product comes with a perfect mix of multigrain to fit any textures and flavors. Simply put, it may not be the best baby cereal for kids to start with, but it’s perfect for 6-month old infants. With lots of grains to make infant happy, you can be sure that the Zinc, Iron and the 6 B vitamins in this organic baby cereal are more than enough to provide your kid with everything needed. Add 2 grams of protein to mix and you get the perfect diet on your almost-toddler road to fully baby solid foods.
- Plenty of B vitamins for a balanced growth
- Extended experience in the market
- Ability to find the perfect recipe through trial and error
- The product may contain traces of soy. So, if your child is allergic you should take that into consideration
Gerber is, without doubt, the best baby cereal brand. And we’re not the only ones who say it. All the mommies and daddies commenting on sites place these single grain cereals as the best on the market. So, now that you found the answer to the ever-present what is the best cereal for babies question, let’s check out some of the benefits this baby oatmeal assortment from Gerber brings. Added iron is excellent for developing learning ability for your child and cereal is free of any GMO whatsoever. Thanks to a great packaging system, you only twist it off to Gerber oatmeal cereals and then twist it back on. And what they did with Dotti, the AI chat robot with tons of expert advice is another awesome example that they’re all about providing what’s best for your child.
- The Gerber quality seal
- Iron and multi-vitamins for proper brain development
- No allergens whatsoever
- It’s more expensive than other options on the list, however, the list of added benefits is also greater
After establishing that Gerber produces the best organic baby cereal, it’s time to look at the best rice cereal for babies. Despite some warnings from various organizations< claiming that rice cereals may contain arsenic, a product offered by Gerber is not just completely safe but also has added Probiotic Bifidus BL that supports digestion and improves the absorption of nutrients. The DHA is excellent for support eye and brain development while the texture of the Gerber rice cereal become very similar to that of breast milk.
- Tuna oil for extra DHA
- Easy to mix with water or milk
- Long validity period
- Rice cereal for infants got some bad publicity recently, however, you will see that there’s no reason for that when you use Gerber
No matter if you’re looking for the best baby cereal for 4-month-old or older babies, the whole grain baby cereals are a very good solution. Once again, Earth’s Best whole baby food proves that they truly know what’s best for your infant as well as the planet. Made with USDA-certified whole grain rice, two meals per day are enough for your child to get the necessary dose of iron, vitamins, and calcium for a healthy life.
- USDA approved
- Good quantity for the price you pay
- Whole grain rice cereal Rich in calcium, iron and B vitamins
- Some buyers consider it to be better suited for older babies. However, being the best baby cereal for 5 months old isn’t a bad title at all
As we’re slowly reaching the end of our top product reviews, quality doesn’t necessarily decrease. Instead, we’re addressing products that are designed to build a bridge between the first types of solid foods and meal diversification. That’s exactly why WutsupBaby organic quinoa baby cereal could easily be labeled as the best baby cereal for a 6-month-old. With its unique formula based on organic quinoa and high iron content, this is a very healthy alternative to rice. Quinoa is super-rich in proteins, amino acids and they play an important role in developing brains and muscles. The absence of any synthetic ingredients in WutsupBaby quinoa cereal for babies makes them excellent for the daily intake of iron, antioxidants, and fiber.
- All-natural ingredients
- Harvests benefits of quinoa
- Ideal for older babies, around 6 months of age
- Not exactly a con, however since quinoa is a rather new ingredient to make top baby food, it could take some time until mommies and daddies get used to this ingredient
We saw all the top baby cereal brands so far and products they propose. However, as with any other product in this world, just because a company is newer and less-known, it doesn’t mean they don’t provide high levels of quality. That’s the case for Arrowhead Mills’ gluten-free rice cereal for infants and shine cereal. This is the first gluten-free baby rice cereal that addresses to babies and adults at the same time and with the 42 grams of whole grains per serving, you get a very healthy meal. The low cholesterol, fat and absolutely no sodium makes the brown rice cereal for babies a great choice if you’re all about getting the healthiest foods.
- No Sodium used
- Low fat and cholesterols
- Easy to cook
- Ideal for adults’ breakfast as well
- It’s a bit pricier, however, you are getting a high-quality organic, gluten-free rice for the money you spend
We’re ending the list of infant cereal reviews with a product from Nestle. Although it may not be as good as one mentioned above, a unique combination of wheat, corn, and rice makes this infant cereal a very interesting choice. The three different grains each contribute to a total of 10 minerals and vitamins. Most importantly, it has the highest levels of Vitamin C, which is effective for building your infant’s natural defenses.
- Trusted brand responsible for many studies in infant nutrition
- Contains a lot of vitamins in cereal
- Three grains for a complete intake of nutrients
- Great taste, babies seem to love it
- Recently, some less well-intentioned groups have started an offense against big companies in each domain. However, Nestle proves that they back their products with research and applied data
Buyer’s Guide: All You Need to Know About Baby Cereal
It’s no secret that a proper diet is a cornerstone for healthy development, and you should waste no time when it comes to implementing the best meal plan for your child. After all, you want your kid to have a great life and you will spare no expense for making sure that’s happening. You’ve heard something about the best baby cereal but you’re not sure what that is? Well, from wishing it to actually making it happen there’s quite a gap and there are many decisions to be made. First question you’ll face, is what’s the best type of solid food to introduce your child with?
You can now breathe easily since our article does not only come with an answer to that question cereal, but it also offers you complete info about the best baby cereal you can find on the market. So, if you’re exactly at this point or you’re expecting, you can gather all the info needed and know everything there is to know about how to properly feed your child when the time comes.
What Should I Look for in a Top Baby Cereal?
1. Type of GrainsAs you’ve seen, there are a lot of different grains used in infant food. For example, oatmeal for babies is great because cereals high in iron, wheat is rich in fibers while rice helps digestion and prevents frequent stools. Since every child has a different digestive process, you should always go for what’s best for him/her.
2. VitaminsAll first foods for baby have vitamins, however, while some of them are specialized in Vitamin C, others come with a complex formula of B Vitamins and so on. The best approach is to go for a balance of vitamins to support development.
3. IngredientsThis one may seem a bit obvious, however, taking a good look at the other ingredients is a must! Always make sure there are no GMOs present among the ingredients and steer clear of any added fats, cholesterol or sodium.
4. Strive for Organic Foods
While some parents avoid single grain rice as a result of fears over arsenic, some parents, on the other hand, prefer grain that can be digested easily. For some kids, white rice is the ideal option. This baby cereal is organic; therefore, you won’t have to worry about arsenic. Organic foods are those grown without synthetic fertilizers. Your kid’s exposure to these harmful compounds will be limited.
5. Aim for a Cereal That Has Iron
Iron is a crucial nutrient which is important for your baby’s growth and development. This baby cereal, Gerber organic baby cereal, contains iron. One serving of this cereal provides your baby with 45% of his or her daily iron need.
6. Look Out for Signs of Allergies
Gerber cereal is the best infant cereal to start with because it’s not likely to bring about allergic reactions to your baby. White rice is gentle on babies’ stomachs (which cannot hold a lot of food at once). It’s an ideal option for your baby’s first solid food.
Foods to Avoid During Child’s First Year
Signs Your Baby is Ready for CerealEven though babies develop differently, there are signs your baby is ready for solids. Here’s what you should look for to know that you can start looking for the best cereal.
- He or she sits up without being supported
- No more pushing of solids out their mouths
- The infant starts chewing on toys and other object
- Shows tendency to grab objects between forefinger and thumb
First Feeding TipsThere isn’t a secret method that will make your child cooperate during first feeding. However, choosing the best first cereal for a baby can help a lot. If the first baby food tastes good, half of your job is done. Here are some tips you should apply:
- Take your time – your baby is just discovering other foods than breast milk, be patient and introduce new food slowly.
- Choose only qualitative food – you have plenty of examples of the best baby cereal 2020 offers.
- Let infant play with food first, it can help a lot during process.
- Don’t try to force him/her to eat.
- Make sure food is properly mixed so that texture is similar to breast milk.
Supplementing with Baby Bottles
We recommend that you don’t do this. Even though it has been going on for a long time, when he can’t digest solid food (cereal), he should be fed using a spoon. Furthermore, supplementing with baby bottles can result in overfeeding, constipation, lung problems
Our Recommendation for 2020
Any tips on how to make baby cereal that you’ll love to share with us? Comment below!
- 1 Best Infant Cereals – Top 10
- 2 Buyer’s Guide: All You Need to Know About Baby Cereal
- 2.1 What Should I Look for in a Top Baby Cereal?
- 2.2 Foods to Avoid During Child’s First Year
- 2.3 Signs Your Baby is Ready for Cereal
- 2.4 First Feeding Tips
- 2.5 Supplementing with Baby Bottles
- 3 Our Recommendation for 2020