TOP 7 best audio baby monitor: Comparison Chart
The standard package of the single baby unit and single parent unit comes in the box. There is a conveniently sized display on the parent unit with menu selection buttons below. Lightweight and easy to handle this, one can go with the parent everywhere in the house, given the 160ft range indoors. To use the talk-back feature, parents can simply talk into the microphone below the display. Sound alert, vibration alert, and light indication all make sure that the parent never misses a single sound.
As a feature-packed variant, this one makes an easy choice for parents who need something fuss-free and dependable.
Why We Like It
- Delivers white noise and distortion-free sound
- Provides a good battery life
- Convenient belt clip makes carrying it easy
- Besides English, French and Spanish languages are available
- Illuminated loop in baby unit functions as a mild night light
Carrying similar features as the previous VTech product, this one extends the functionality with the addition of an extra parent unit. This comes at a higher price tag where there are all the essentials like DECT 6.0 technology for clarity in audio. Both the parent units come with a microphone for talkback. Sound and light indications provide instant notification of any sound in the baby’s room. There is the option to set vibration alerts to get notifications without being disturbed suddenly.
Carrying several beneficial features, this two-way audio baby monitor allows both parents to carry a unit with them to stay alert all the while.
Why We Like It
- Convenient talkback feature allows parents to talk to their baby
- Pleasant night light doesn’t keep the baby awake
- Consistent performance makes them suitable for everyday use
- Provides good sound clarity in reception
DECT 6.0 technology secures the transmission and also removes any white noise. This makes it easy for parents to hear their baby’s every murmur with clarity. Like the other products from this range, this one also comes with LED indicators that denote the sound level. The convenience of 1000ft range provides ease of use within a large house. There is a green LED that indicates connection and flashes when the connection with the baby unit is lost. Parents can use this feature to know when they walk out of the allowed range.
For parents who need something easy on the pocket while also delivering all the standard features, this baby monitor audio-only option works well.
Why We Like It
- Volume control button on the parent unit allows quick adjustment of sound level
- Multiple alert tones notify parents of all types of sounds
- Parent unit comes with optional AC input to use for long hours of monitoring
- Easy features make this a good first-time product
With a nice outdoor range of up to 1000 ft, this is a versatile option. The parent unit is rechargeable and allows monitoring for up to 18 hours after a single charge. There is also visual and audio alerts that will tell you if door or window in a baby room opens. Besides a soothing nightlight, the baby unit has a sturdy belt clip. This monitor if energy-efficient: it uses ULE technology. Durable construction is one feature that most parents notice easily about this product.
From providing the privacy of DECT transmission to enhanced clarity in sound, this one is loaded with features useful for parents.
- Very clear audio (DECT 6.0)
- Out of range alert comes handy
- Open/closed sensor for windows or doors
- When a parent unit is in silent mode, visual indication alerts parents of sounds
- Some customers complain on fast battery draining
DECT technology enhances privacy and clarity of transmission. The slim and handy design comes with a cord-free operation for the parent unit. You can use it worry-free for several hours after charging. Night mode on the parent unit provides silent alerts with the light indication. On the baby unit night, time features include dim nightlight and mild lullabies. The temperature sensor on the unit captures and displays baby room temperature at all times. With a nice indoor range, this one also comes with an ECO mode for energy efficiency.
From talking to the baby to monitoring the temperature in the nursery, this baby monitor sound only option comes as a worthy investment for parents.
- Display on the parent unit is clear and readable in all light conditions
- All critical parameters are right there on the display
- Link drop and low battery indication are useful features
- Delivers clear white noise-free sound
- Parent unit doesn’t have a mounting clip
Delivering up to 50m of an indoor range, this is one of the best audio baby monitor options with reasonable pricing. The slim design makes it a stylish addition to the baby’s room and a practical gadget for parents to carry. Convenient volume control option allows parents to adjust the notification sound levels. Visual indication complements sound and can be handy when the parent unit is muted. Automatic channel selection in DECT transmission helps a reliable connection. When the parent unit goes out of range, there is an LED warning.
If you need a durable baby sound monitor with basic features, this one comes as a good option.
- Parent unit works both in AC supply and in cordless mode
- Nightlight is mild and comforting
- The battery life of the parent unit is one of the best in class
- ECO mode saves power
- Slightly shorter range than other models in the segment
- No talkback feature
With a design that is apt for the baby room, this is one chirpy looking product. Talkback features, comforting lullabies, and other useful features make this a useful gadget. Micro-USB charging feature is available for both parent and baby units. From sensing the temperature to letting parents trigger night light remotely, the product offers intuitive features. To cut down interference, the device uses FHSS digital technology. Both vibration and sound alerts can be combined to ensure that the parent doesn’t miss a sound.
While there are a few downsides, this one comes to a cutely styled product with some smart features.
- Besides indication of temperature the parent unit sends a warning when the temperature is unfavorable
- Provides a 150ft indoor range
- Folding belt clip makes it easy to carry
- Comes with attractive nightlight and lullabies
- Battery life is not the best in the segment
- Both display lighting and nightlight might appear distractedly bright in a dark room
Buyer’s Guide: All You Need to Know About the best audio baby monitor
Once you have a list of the options to consider knowing what to look for would be the right thing to learn.
Do you need an audio baby monitor?
There are some products that new parents find to be indispensable, especially when the baby is sleeping. The best swaddle blankets can help put them to sleep. Several such products make parenting feel more manageable, audio room monitor being one.
Audio baby monitor pros
- With a wireless audio baby monitor parents can hear every sound from the baby’s room no matter which part of the house they are in
- Some of the options allow parents to instantly play lullabies if babies wake up in the middle of the night
- A soft glow of the nightlight can be an aid that helps baby’s fall asleep
- Hearing baby’s giggles or being notified of the baby’s cry all become a reality with baby cry audio monitors.
Audio baby monitor cons
Sometimes an audio-only transmission might not be sufficient. Parents might find those that come with a camera with a live feed to be a better choice to keep a watch, especially with a newborn.
How to Choose the best audio baby monitor
Here are some features to consider after checking out the audio baby monitor reviews.
The clarity of the audio baby monitor comes from the technology of transmission that the design uses. There are plenty of choices available, even while choosing baby voice monitor transmission. With reliable clarity, these can also complement the best baby breathing monitor for complete safety during the first weeks after birth.
Ease of use
Most parents pick overnight diapers, mainly because of the convenience. Similarly, rather than having complicated features, parents find it easier to use a digital audio baby monitor with easy controls. This allows quick response and accurate notifications.
Depending on this factor, you would be able to pick the best baby audio monitor based on the size of your house. Range limits the distance up to which you can move away from the baby’s room before you lose communication. Natural diapers are used mainly because they are safe in the long run. Similarly, when it comes to safety, a nominal range device with minimal power transmission might be a better long term choice.
When you pick something as simple as a diaper that your baby uses every day, there are different types like say overnight diapers and others. In the baby speaker monitor, there are several types of notifications, including auditory, vibration alerts, and LED indication. This ensures that you never miss a sound, even the mildest one, say like the drop of baby pacifiers.
Choosing one that lasts for several hours would make it convenient to handle long duration monitoring. The other option would be to pick one that carries both AC powered mode and battery modes.
Lullabies, nightlights, temperature monitoring, link drop indication, low battery indication, presence of belt clips are some of the other features that come in the best-rated options.
Best audio baby monitor types
Knowing the basic classification helps shortlist the appropriate ones from the best audio baby monitor 2020 list.
Digital variants make use of digital transmission technology with better encryption. This helps secure the privacy of the connection.
A baby radio monitor with analog transmission makes use of analog transmission. This is slightly less secure as it makes use of the free wireless band for transmission.
Verdict and Our Recommendation for 2020
Now that you know the bestselling products in the market, and the features to compare based on your requirements, it should be easy to buy one for your house. Our favorite among the many bestsellers in the market is VTech Audio Baby Monitor with up to 1,000 ft of Range. It delivers the promised range and works like a charm with its long battery life. Till the end of the coverage area, there are no signal drop issues either. Taking all of these beneficial aspects into consideration, this product happens to be our favorite recommendation for best audio baby monitor 2020. For more reviews on such baby products trusted and recommended by parents around the world, check out top-mom.com.