- 1 Top 10 3D Printers for Kids: Comparison Table
- 1.1 Best Overall: QIDI Technology High-end 3D Printer Review
- 1.2 Latest Dual Extrusion Technology: QIDI Technology X-Pro 3D Printer Review
- 1.3 Best 3D Pen: 3Doodler Start Essentials 3D Pen Set for Kids Review
- 1.4 High Precision: QIDI Technology X-one2 Single Extruder 3D Printer Review
- 1.5 Top Reliability: Dremel Digilab 3D20 3D Printer Review
- 1.6 Cost-effective: SainSmart x Creality Ender-3 3D Printer Review
- 1.7 Great Adjustability: MYNT3D Professional Printing 3D Pen with OLED Display Review
- 1.8 Non-heated Build Plate: FlashForge Finder 3D Printers with Cloud Review
- 1.9 Easiest to Use: MYNT3D Super 3D Pen Review
- 1.10 Quick Assembly & Quiet Printing: LABISTS Mini Desktop 3D Printer Review
- 2 A Brief History of 3D Printing
- 3 Kid-friendly 3D Printer Benefits
- 4 Types of 3D Printers for Kids
- 5 How to Choose the Best 3d Printer for Your Kid
- 6 3D Printers for Kids: Potentional Hazards
- 7 Final Words
Top 10 3D Printers for Kids: Comparison Table
Best Overall: QIDI Technology High-end 3D Printer Review
- 【Friendly Reminder: We have canceled the camera and breakpoint printing function, upgraded the main control system to make the printer more silent and improve print quality.】Professional research and development 3d printer for home,education
- Exclusive educational software with a special textbook
- Slient Printing ;Air circulation function;
- It support printing with PLA,ABS,TPU,PETG filament. Build size: 170 x 150 x 160 mm / 6.69'' x 5.9'' x 6.29''
- Backed by with One-to-one QIDI TECH service. If you have queries about 3D Printer, feel free to contact our exclusive and fast support service team, we'll reply back to you within 24 hours. Free 6 months warranty is also guaranteed.
Latest Dual Extrusion Technology: QIDI Technology X-Pro 3D Printer Review
- 【Friendly Reminder: There is one spool of red color PLA, one spool of white color ABS filament, please check the filament before printing and use the correct settings to print.】QIDI TECH 3D printer, equipped with the latest dual extrusion technology, occupied the overall leading position in education, engineering, design and home/hobby printing.
- X-Pro 3D Printer Kit features conditional breakpoint printing and upgraded 4.3 inch touch screen, Smarter and easier operation.Mute printing.
- Durable and high temperature resistance 6mm aviation grade aluminum build platform, can be heated up to 120℃. Removable curved metal plate make it more convenient to remove the model after printing, which is widely appreciated by users.
- The QIDI TECH 3D Printer with metal platform support rod, which upgraded to 12mm, and also including upgraded parts like motor, main board, and mechanical structure, ensuring more stable printing.
- Backed by with One-to-one QIDI TECH service. If you have queries about 3D Printer, feel free to contact our exclusive and fast support service team, we'll reply back to you within 24hours. Free one-year warranty is also guaranteed.
Best 3D Pen: 3Doodler Start Essentials 3D Pen Set for Kids Review
- [THE ONLY CHILD-SAFE 3D PEN] Designed with no hot parts, completely safe for kids aged 6+. Pen nozzle and plastic can be touched with no burn risks. Uses only the safest 3Doodler Start plastic filaments.
- [NEW & REFINED] The 2020 edition of the 3Doodler Start features refined extrusion gears for a smoother 3D Drawing experience.
- [STEM LEARNING AT HOME] As a tactile learning toy, the pen inspires creativity, design, planning, building and spatial understanding.
- [PLASTIC MADE IN THE USA] The 3Doodler Start uses a proprietary child-friendly PCL plastic made at our production facility in Ohio.
- [NEW 3DOODLER APP] Get an interactive experience and doodle right on the screen using your 3Doodler Start! The app is packed with easy to follow stencil section instructions!
High Precision: QIDI Technology X-one2 Single Extruder 3D Printer Review
- Applicable to families,schools.
- Out of the box,only simple operate to printing.
- QIDI Technology single extruder,greatly reduce the risk of extruder clogged.
- Metal frame,heated bed,support printing with ABS,PLA,TPU filament.
- 3.5-inch full color touchscreen with intuitive icons makes for easy operation.
Top Reliability: Dremel Digilab 3D20 3D Printer Review
- Countless hours of high quality printing with the most reliable low-cost 3D printer
- Quickly and easily make your 1st print out of the box with completely pre-assembled printer, included 0.5 kilogram spool of filament and clear setup instructions. Maximum build depth (inches): 9
- Far superior safety compared to competition with fully enclosed design, non-heated build plate, PLA-only printing and 3rd party UL safety approval
- Compatible with brand new Dremel Digilab 3D Slicer based on cura, the industry leading open source 3D printing software and gcode files so you can use your favorite slicer
- Accompanied by unparalleled local Dremel customer service support and industry’s best 1-year warranty. Extruder temperature: Up to 230°C /397°F
Cost-effective: SainSmart x Creality Ender-3 3D Printer Review
- 【Cost Effective】 By eliminating the high retail markup, SainSmart is able to offer a sensible package with unrivaled quality in the entry-level space. The compact design allows Ender-3 to fit in the trunk of your car or even back seat, while still providing 6x more build volume than other entry-level printers.
- 【High Precision & Noiseless】 The CNC-machined Y-axis mounting slot ensures highly precise positioning of the printer head. V-slot POM (polyoxymethylene) wheels allow the nozzle to glide smoothly and silently.
- 【No Clogging or Warping】 Our patented extruder design greatly reduces the risk of a clogged nozzle. There’s no need for printing tape or glue due to the incorporation of a new viscous platform sticker. MK-10[thread M6]
- 【Fast Heating & Resume Print Feature】 The heated bed can reach its operating temperature in just five minutes. The printer is shielded by its power supply from voltage spikes and power outages. If electrical power is lost, prints can be resumed from the last layer, saving time and reducing waste.
- 【Semi-Assembled】 This easy-to-setup kit comes partially assembled, allowing you to learn about the basic construction of 3D printers as you finish putting it together. A fun STEM educational experience in mechanical engineering and electronics.
Great Adjustability: MYNT3D Professional Printing 3D Pen with OLED Display Review
- Watch imagination come to life with the Professional 3D Pen
- Adjustable feed lets you regulate speed & flow for optimal control of material while you're drawing
- Temperature is adjustable in 1 degree increments from 130 to 240 C, for optimal fine-tuning
- Large, OLED display lets you monitor temperature of material to help you achieve a wide variety of effects
- Kit includes 3 colors of ABS plastic filament A/C adapter and slim, ergonomic touch pen with 1 year limited warranty
Non-heated Build Plate: FlashForge Finder 3D Printers with Cloud Review
- Slide-in build plate allows printed objects to be easily removed
- 3.5-Inch full color touchscreen with intuitive icons makes for easy operation
- Sturdy, plastic alloy construction ensures stable prints
- Safe, non-heated build plate
- Wi-Fi, usb and flash drive connectivity.Positioning Precision: 0.0001 inch on Z axis, 0.0004 inch on XY plane Resolution: 0.004 inch
Easiest to Use: MYNT3D Super 3D Pen Review
- Turn your ordinary drawings into 3D works of art
- Stepless speed slider lets you regulate flow for optimal control of material while you're drawing
- New for 2019: ultrasonic sealed nozzle is nearly clog-proof and provides market leading durability
- The Super 3D Printing Pen is great for kids, artists and engineers of all ages
- Kit includes 3 colors of ABS plastic filament A/C adapter and slim, ergonomic touch pen with 1 year limited warranty
Quick Assembly & Quiet Printing: LABISTS Mini Desktop 3D Printer Review
- 【Great Mini 3D Printer DIY Kit】LABISTS mini 3D printer with 100x100x100 mm printing size, 1.75mm PLA Filament and accuracy of 0.05mm offers smooth and alive printing quality, a perfect DIY kit for beginners, kids, teens to DIY projects like toys, artworks, crafts or samples.
- 【Fast Heating Mini 3D Printer】The 0.4mm nozzle of LABISTS mini X1 Desktop 3D printer DIY kit reaches its operating temperature (180℃) in just 3 minutes. A high-quality power supply below 30W makes it super energy-saving and safe to use.
- 【Quick Assembly】LABISTS mini 3D printer DIY kit consists of 3 main parts and can be assembled in just 5 minutes according to the assembly video. Note: If an axis of the printer cannot be moved, please check whether the connecting cable is loose.
- 【Ultra-Silent Printing】With a silent working mode under 60db, LABISTS mini X1 Desktop 3D printer DIY kit never makes you feel irritable while you are sleeping or working.
- 【Easy to Use】LABISTS mini X1 Desktop 3D printer DIY kit comes with a unique button system that allows you to start, stop and easily control the printing process, suitable for beginners, kids, teens.
A Brief History of 3D Printing
The earliest record of 3D printing through the additive process was the Japanese inventor Hideo Kodama in 1981. He created a product that used ultraviolet lights to harden polymers and create solid objects. This is a stepping stone to stereolithography (SLA). Since its invention 50 years ago, 3D printing technology has progressed at a rapid pace, with a significant impact in both the industrial and commercial world.
3D printing has widened its horizons in this growing era. The best example is here where there is the buzz from Kidsnews that states, the trials of 3D-printed chicken will begin in Russia as part of the company’s “restaurant of the future” concept!
So how can kids get involved in this exciting new manufacturing world? Having this kind of amazing technology available for kids just makes sense. Kids often have more vision, better hobbies, and a more open mind to possibilities than we boring adults. 3D Printer for kids has made the task easier!
Kid-friendly 3D Printer Benefits
Let us have a briefer on the benefits of a kid-friendly 3D printer.
To a child dipping their feet into the world of Engineering, 3D printer for kids is an enormous benefit as it gives them hands-on expertise of how all products are designed and fabricated. The significant advantage of a kid-friendly 3D printer is the immediacy of having a finished product in hands within hours. Seeing the design that has been in their mind a couple of hours back being turned into a real physical thing that they can hold in their hands and use in the way they envisioned is exciting! 3D printer for children is the best way to show your children how fun engineering could be!
On an individual level, using a 3D gadget gives your child a two-fold positive experience:
On the one hand, kids 3D printer deeply involve the use or creation of 3D models, all of which are rendered on digital platforms. If your kid can effectively play any modern video game, he or she can also tackle the preparations needed to create a 3D-printed model. On the other hand, those models, once printed, exist in the real world, and by their very existence, they pull your child out of the digital world and back to our immediate reality. We have come across many 3D printer for kids reviews and are amused with how well the utilization has been taken so far.
We cannot pace with the kids’ brains these days, and proudly, they are super inspiring!
abc7NEWS claims, a boy from East Bay uses a 3D gadget to make face shields for medical front line workers. The wait, where your kid will be the next inspiration is near!
Types of 3D Printers for Kids
Now that you are convinced of its benefits let us look at how many types of 3D printers for kids are available right now! 3D gadgets generally fall into one of two categories: mechanical and pen-based.
Mechanical 3D printers
It takes designs rendered on the computer and translates them into physical objects. The machines function in ways very similar to inkjet printers, but instead of ink, their material is a molten form of plastic, and instead of printing flat against a sheet of paper, 3D printers’ layer that plastic upward from a base until a three-dimensional shape is created.
It works almost like hot glue guns. These devices fit in hand, much like a writing or drawing implement, and they gradually push out the same molten plastic used by mechanical 3D printers. The big difference here is that the templates are sent to a machine to be interpreted; they’re interpreted directly by the child. This style also allows for free-form creations of abstract shapes.
How to Choose the Best 3d Printer for Your Kid
You may be wanting to buy one now but wait, let us tell you what parameters go into choosing the best 3D gadget for your kid:
Design is a very important factor to consider when buying a 3D gadget. Keep in mind that you’re buying a 3D printer for your children, so the design should be simple and attractive. It helps them find fun in 3D Printing.
Another factor to consider is the weight of the 3D printer. This is important because this will be an impacting factor in your child’s safety. The 3D gadget will likely be moved around a lot, so of course, to protect both your child and a 3D equipment, it only makes sense to try to buy something lightweight.
- Print Quality:
Print quality is important when you are using the 3D printer. Though the entry-level equipment does not provide a high-quality image, we got to make sure the image quality is satisfactory.
- Ease of Use:
Make sure the 3D printer is easily accessible. Buy something easy to use and have convenient features that make the experience much better for your kid.
- Closed Enclosure and overall safety:
Probably the single most important feature for a 3D printer for kids is a closed enclosure, especially if the equipment has a heated bed. Closed enclosures keep the hot parts of a printer away from kids, removing the temptation to touch and keeping them safe. They can also keep fumes from filaments like ABS away as they can be smelly and unpleasant.
3D Printers for Kids: Potentional Hazards
As exciting it is, there can be some points that might want you to think about potential hazards for kids. Don’t worry, we have listed the possible hazards taking care of which usage of 3D printer for children is as easy as anything else.
- The printing material (resin, spool, etc.) also needs to be safe and away from small children’s reach.
- The general rule is not to leave kids unaccompanied with the equipment, and have at least one adult supervising them.
- Printing process hazards can be burns and exposure to additives or chemicals.
Picking the best 3D printer for kids can be quite a difficult task as there are a lot of choices yet affordable, available on the market with better brands. It is essential to understand your requirements, budget, ease of use, and top features to get your money’s best value.
Cheap printers for kids are also available for better quality, kid-friendly 3D printer is available that are easy to use, best 3D printer for teenager and best 3D printer for kids 2021 are available for kids with experimental minds!
We hope our guide of the best 3D printers for children will help you to find the right one for your child.